[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Along with a select few outlying exceptions, I've come to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 24.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
Along with a select few outlying exceptions, I've come to the conclusion that the only stories worth remembering from the early 2000's until now from Marvel have been from the return to Cosmic Marvel in the Annihilation through Thanos Imperative arcs. I consider the conclusion of that era to also be my conclusion with reading the Marvel canon.

I've been revisiting these stories, and I've come to feel that the Thanos Imperative acts as the spiritual fulfillment of the Death of Captain Marvel, and through that the fulfillment of the classic era of Cosmic Marvel as a whole. These are the stories I'll have nostalgia thinking about.
>>
>>87566292
It's overrated garbage
>>
>>87566302
You have to be able to perceive the gold hidden within the lead when it comes to all superhero comic books. They should first and foremost be a framework of imagery and themes that stimulate your creative imagination.
>>
>>87566292
Fuck you, I liked Hooky.

Then again, you sound like a huge continuity whore.
>>
>>87566292
Is he sucking his cock
>>
That era of Cosmic Marvel came out at a time where the space side and the Earth side of Marvel weren't being crushed into each other like they are now. There was room for stories about heroes being actual heroes, not whatever the fuck the Avengers were doing which wasn't really heroic. What did the Avengers do besides constantly fight each and still do to this day? Nova, Starlord, Drax and even fucking Thanos saved the universe more than once, while the rest of Earth's heroes were busy measuring dicks, fighting amongst each other or being assholes. This was an era were the true heroes came from outside of Earth. No one on Earth was worth spending your time on. It was Nova, pre-Bendis Guardians of the Galaxy, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar and fucking Thanos that got me to love Marvel. To this day, most of the Avengers come off as fucking douche bags, and it sucks how a lot of the Cosmic side of things had to be dragged into Earth or ignore due to movie synergy and bad decisions.
>>
>>87566292
yeah, that's pretty well known
>>
>>87566292
X-Men also had a bunch of decent stuff around that timeframe. But yeah, that was a good finale.
>>
>>87566610
Continuity is the most unique and interesting aspects of the superhero genre
>>
>>87568939
This tbqh.

End of Greys-->Second Coming, and arguably even Regenesis was really cohesive and passion filled.

Second Coming is probably my favorite crossover from Marvel, and I think it's gnna be mighty hard t change that.

War of Kings is probably my favorite cosmic thing too fwiw.
>>
>>87571328
Pretty much, I was thinking of from Messiah CompleX to Second Coming. Also, Necrosha on the side. Can't ignore other stuff like the Madrox X-Factor and all, also.

I could argue for Nextwave and stuff, but I imagine that's just one of the exceptions OP mentioned.

I got the impression Marvel gave a lot of their comics a good grand finale around those days, too, like Spider-Island, Thanos Imperative, Second Coming/Necrosha etc.
>>
>>87566292
Nah, X-Force/X-Statix is peak 00s.
>>
>>87566292
They're great. But I wouldn't say they're the only books worth remembering. I'm big fan from Runaways and New X-Men.
>>
>>87566653
>that distance
>head bow this low it would be impossible to even get the cock into his mouth unless it's a fucking tentacle
>He clearly has his panties on.
No he isn't.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.