[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Marvel's next event is basically confirmed to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: hydracap.png (109KB, 627x573px) Image search: [Google]
hydracap.png
109KB, 627x573px
So Marvel's next event is basically confirmed to be Hydra Cap shit
>>
>Spencer literally stole the idea from Remender
>>
File: spencershit.png (54KB, 639x583px) Image search: [Google]
spencershit.png
54KB, 639x583px
I'm curious on how Spencer will handle an event. Its at least more inspiring than another Bendis shit show
>>
No shit. It's been obvious since like the 2nd issue of Steve's book Hydra Civil War is coming.
>>
>>87565023
Okay, that's cool. I've been happy with SRCA so far, so hopefully we'll finally have an event where the main book is decentahahahahah who am I kidding.
>>
>>87565046

Standoff was pretty good.

>>87565044

it's not stealing when you leave the company with dangling plot threads.
>>
But we havent even started with XvI yet... have we?
>>
>>87565046
>shocking events of Marvel's next big event
>>
>>87565089
IvX isn't a company wide event so it doesn't count. Marvel has a shit ton of events but only line wide ones like CW and SW count as "major" events.
>>
>>87565089
That's not a company-wide event, they try to limit those to one a year. Most 'events' are typically just major stories for one franchise. IvX and Clone Conspiracy are Inhuman/X-Men and Spider-Man events, they don't deal with other books like Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, etc. Civil War II is a company wide event that touches most if not all the books in the line.
>>
>>87565089
>>87565138

It's starting in December isn't it?
>>
>>87565023
Standoff was good. I'd be down for Spencer taking a shot at a big event book. Nothing can be worse than yet another Bendis event at least.
>>
Another event.
Jesus.
>>
>>87565060
>Standoff was pretty good.
NOT AN EVENT RRRRREEEEEEE
>>
>>87565228
Maybe they'll use it to tie up all the loose ends and hanging plot threads from Now/ANAD so they can have a Rebirth with a normal-ish status quo.
:^)
>>
>>87565241
Yeah, it was just a crossover. Basically a Captain America arc with end-caps and a small handful of tie-ins from the Avengers books.

But it's the best thing to go off of when trying to tell how he'd handle a big event book.
>>
>>87565228
Marvel has done annual summer events since 2005. There's only one year where they didn't, and their sales slumped as a result.

After 10 years of annual big summer events with one off-year, I'm surprised why you'd think they wouldn't be doing another next year.

The Marvel cycle is:
>big event comic that starts at the beginning of the summer then is supposed to end at the end of summer
>round of cancellations and new books/relaunches in fall/winter
>crossovers and mini-events in winter/spring
That's the Marvel hype cycle, except with delays causing everything to become a bit of a jumbled mess. Basically Relaunch -> Crossovers -> Event -> Relaunch repeat for years. People have gotten obviously burned out on it, but all Marvel's going to be looking at is how much CWII sold despite being garbage.
>>
>>87565046
>>87565023
Are these placeholder or final covers?
>>
>>87565422
almost assuredly placeholders
>>
>>87565422
The "secret" means they're placeholders.
>>
>>87565044
>tfw there's nothing to corroborate this, but I've been posting about it for months.

It's good to see my meme has caught on.

I believe it.
>>
>>87565422

placeholders, mostly because they're for coming out NEXT August, meaning these issues haven't been solicited yet.
>>
>>87565621
The trade is coming out in August. The issues should start coming out in like March
>>
Should we start making the Bingo or is better wait?
>>
>>87565654
Lets do it now!
>>
>>87565241
>>87565271
it was an event really, a crossover is more like minimum carnage where there is only one story but told through multiple books. this one had like 5 storylines.
>>
>>87565663
>Let's do it NOW!!

ftfy
>>
>>87565650

right.
and we only have solicits up to January right now, so these issues haven't been solicited yet.

they don't even have covers yet.
>>
>>87565654
As long as we can refine it closer to the date, sure, why not?
>Bendis hijacks the plot with Jessica or another pet character
>>
>>87565654
Nah, I think we need to wait for the official announcement. It's still way too far out to tell anything about it other than Spencer and Cap being involved with it probably being called something like HAIL HYDRA!
>>
>>87565703
>Hell Hydra
>>
>>87565046
is this the only way to tell stories about old characters nowadays? Same with Stark or Thor or Logan, it's all about how they have fallen from grace and how they've been replaced and soon might get replaced forever by the succesor. I mean, I don't mind sharing a franchise. Marvel can be big enough to hold two Caps, two Iron Mans, two Thors, two Wolverines... But now it all is starting to look like the objective isn't just create new versions of old characters but to get rid of those old characters as well
>>
>>87565745
>But now it all is starting to look like the objective isn't just create new versions of old characters but to get rid of those old characters as well

you clearly haven't been around comics for long.
>>
File: Hydra is everywhere.jpg (117KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
Hydra is everywhere.jpg
117KB, 600x332px
>>87565044
Not really. Remender's idea was that Hydra had infiltrated every single super-team. Steve Rogers wasn't one of them.
Spencer basically ignored all that (we'll never know who Remender intended to be the Avengers mole) and gave us the much more interesting Captain Hydra story.
>>
File: keikaku dori.jpg (159KB, 906x1400px) Image search: [Google]
keikaku dori.jpg
159KB, 906x1400px
>>87565023
What's his endgame?
>>
>>87565834
The idea that Hydra had somehow infiltrated the X-Men and Inhumans is hilariously over the top. I don't mind Remender throwing a bone to future writers by leaving a plot thread or two, but an idea of this magnitude should have deserved his full attention. Spencer made the right call dropping it.
Pic related, another interesting plot thread Remender left that would have probably been more interested had he stuck around to write it.
>>
>>87565857
To turn everyone to Hydra's side with his handsomeness.
>>
>>87565046
>more shitty strawman villains and protesters crying out for Sam to give back the shield
Oh my fucking god, it's been the same shit for fifty issue. Move the fuck on, Spencer. You want us to like Captain Falcon, Spencer? Have him go on crazy adventures and be a hero and maybe not go a single issue where the evil Fox News complain about Muh Cap.

Jesus, even Kamala is doing a better job. I would rather have her as Captain America.

It's no wonder that readers would rather read Hydra Cap than Sam Wilson.
>>
>>87565023
What in the flying fuck is going on with images on this site right now. It takes them like 10-20 seconds to expand.
>>
>>87566210
>Jesus, even Kamala is doing a better job. I would rather have her as Captain America
Kamala is unbearable in Champions
>>
>>87566997
To be fair, that entire book is unbearable
>>
>>87565906
Why did he leave Marvel? Did Axis get fucked with or something?
>>
Core books:

Steve Rogers Cap
Sam Wilson Cap
Thunderbolts
Uncanny Avengers
>>
>>87567171
I think it was cause he couldn't do really really long uninterrupted stories anymore. Like, he was making some storylines up to 2 years in length.
>>
>>87567171
He's got at least 3 or 4 books at image right now.
>>
>>87567326
>no usagent
>>
>>87567676
But he didn't when he left and between SA, UXM, and UA he was very clearly building a few things up, not to mention his Captain America run.
>>
>>87566210
I can't believe we've all turned around on Spencer setting up ANOTHER evil Steve Rogers story.
>>
>>87567724
USAgent doesn't have a book.....YET.
>>
>>87567757
>YET.
Exactly.
>>
>>87567771
I don't know if they'll give him one before the event or have it spin out of it. I would almost think it would make more sense to have it spin out. Have Walker take over for Sam and Steve, ya know?
>>
>>87565906
evolutionary war
Didn't they do that already? Doesn't seems like a big enough event to get a sequel.
>>
>>87567171
He just said he wanted a break from doing mainstream stuff. He'll supposedly return to Marvel. But for now he's just doing image books.
>>
>>87567851
And at that point it'll be too late to pick up any of the threads he left dangling. Well, them's the breaks, I guess.
>>
>>87567807
what if captain america was just captain america for a while.
>>
>>87567851
If he was smart, he'd make the jump to DC.
>>
>>87567812
No, the book ended with "There is only Secret Wars" just like every relaunch that made it five issues in.
>>
>>87565044
It's Superior Cap, Anon.
>>
>>87568323
This. DC is where writers write their masterpieces. He's only handicapping himself.
>>
Sauce through archive.is please
>>
>>87565834
>>87565906
Holy shit this much Marvel shilling
>>
>>87567851
I want to check out Seven to Eternity sometime, Opena doing pencils is giving me an Uncanny X-Force itch.
>>
>>87565400
Anon, I genuinely don't remember the last time we went more than two weeks without an event or a big crossover.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.