[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: tony strange.jpg (158KB, 1400x888px) Image search: [Google]
tony strange.jpg
158KB, 1400x888px
Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant prick

One day, while wallowing in his own hubris, his car blows up and he suffers a horrible debilitating injury.

What follows is months of suffering and self-searching as he slowly and painfully sheds his own self delusions and pretenses. He struggles to free himself from his rock-bottom situation, reforging his character into something greater

Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury, and in the process of trying to perfect this, his genius leads him to mastering something new and revolutionary

But he still makes jokes and one-liners that are inappropriate to the situation, much to the chagrin of everyone around him

It's not all smooth sailing though, as it turns out his mentor was not all that they seemed, and he must deal with the repercussions caused by this

Also there's this spunky little coworker-sidekick-love interest who's constantly rolling her eyes at his quirky antics.
>>
Epic observation! Mind if I share it on Facebook? :)
>>
>>87550874
welcome to the basics of hero's journey
>>
>>87550874
Nah dude. Stark remains an arrogant prick. Strange gets humble as fuck.
>>
>>87550988
really? Name 5 other works that fit everything in the OP
>>
>>87551061
pay me
>>
>>87550874
And we've officially come full circle
>>
I call it Force Awakens syndrome

Both owned by Disney, coincidentally
>>
>>87550874
>>87551546
>>87551396
You do realize both these stories are from 60s Stan Lee comics, right? The MCU is literally Disney remaking old comic books as movies and selling it to the idiot illiterate masses to profit billions
>>
>>87551612
I admit I have not read the 60s stan lee comics, but did Steven Strange and Tony Stark really have the EXACT SAME PERSONALITY?
>>
>>87551061
Green Arrow
Batman
Pinocchio
Odyssey
Spider-Man
>>
>>87551635
sure
>>
>>87551635
Yes.
They were both rich womanizing ego filled jack asses that get humbled hard.
The only difference in origin was Stark was a big time businessman and Strange was a big time doctor, back then those were both seen as the "you win" in life achievements for men.
>>
>>87551690
Man I remember when The Wayne's car crashed into the theater and Bruce was in a coma
>>
>>87551791
>crippling psychological injuries don't matter
>>
Let's see... Tony stark built his first set of armor in a cave...

>>87550874
>Steven Strange cast The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak... In a cave!

>>87551690
>Oliver Queen made those arrows in a cave!

>Batman put those clues through a computer and solved the crime... In a cave!

>Pinnochio drank a bunch of beer and became a donkey... In a cave!

>Odysseus fucked a nymph... In a cave!
>And later he blinded a cyclops... In a cave!

>Spider-Man made a bunch of quips... In a cave!

Checks out.
>>
>>87550874
Dr. Strange wasn't remotely suave. If anything he was autistic. Stark has a near-death experience that suddenly changed his outlook on selling weapons to make money, but Strange's near-death experience didn't change him at all. Instead he retreated further inside himself and threw away his fortune. "I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER." he said of the surgery job that salvaged his hands, whilst Tony was nothing but grateful to the old man in the cave that fixed a magnet to his heart to save him from shrapnel.

Strange never found a way to artificially fix his debilitating injury. Even in the end-credits sequence, his hands tremor and shake violently as he looks out onto the city that he knows he must protect. Strange learns to live with his condition instead of correcting it.

Strange never mastered anything new or revolutionary. The ritual to control time with the Eye of Agamotto was something ancient and forbidden, and Strange learning to use it was a sign of his head-strongness and recklessness, and not merely his status as a prodigy.

That last two lines are so fucking vague and reaching that the writer of the pasta should have a spike driven into their head and then sledgehammered deeper until their skull fucking pops all over the ground.
>>
>>87550874
Doctor Strange's origin has always been about ego death. Fuck, it's in the very definition of gaining mystical enlightenment. Iron Man's the one that ripped it off.
>>
>>87551818
everyone on the planet has their parents die, Bruce Wayne is a lil bitch for being the person bothered the most by it
>>
>>87552112
Remember that thug conversation from Arkham Knight?
>>
>>87552112
>everyone has their parents killed in front of them at the age of 8
>>
>>87550874
>Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury
No he doesn't
>>
>>87550874
>as it turns out his mentor was not all that they seemed
Jeff Bridges character in Iron Man wasn't even close to being a "mentor" to Stark.
>>
>>87552288
Literally his father figure
>>
Why did you make this thread again?
>>
>>87552448
To trigger you, faggot
>>
>>87550874
Tony Stark: Sorcerer Supreme when?
>>
>>87551690
Batman had no debilitating injury to be fixed and he didn't master it and get something new or revolutionary and he didn't make jokes or one-liners. And he never wallowed in his own hubris.

Same for Pinnochio.
>>
>>87550874
dudewifipasswordlmao
>>
>>87552448
Because he just saw the new HITB where Mike and Jay make this comparison
>>
>>87554183
>Batman had no debilitating injury to be fixed
Mental illness and fear of criminals
>and he didn't master it and get something new or revolutionary
he bought a batsuit and made an IDEA THAT CAN'T BE KILLED
>and he didn't make jokes or one-liners.
No but he did become a joke
And he never wallowed in his own hubris.
>uh, yeah he does that all the time.
>>
>>87550874
it's not dr. strange's fault that the iron man movie decided to give him dr strange's origin. he was supposed to be a vet.
>>
>>87552343
Father figure does not equate to mentor.
He didn't teach Tony how to make the Iron Man suit.
He didn't teach Tony how to use the Iron Man suit.
And he certainly didn't teach Tony to be a hero.
>>
>>87554390
>No but he did become a joke
stopped reading there
>>
>>87554577
Batgod was a thing.
>>
File: Blue_Falcon_(SDMI).png (604KB, 1542x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Falcon_(SDMI).png
604KB, 1542x1080px
>>87554577
When scooby doo calls out your character for being a cliche I'm pretty sure it's safe to call yourself a joke.
>>
>>87551941
Good post wasted on a bait thread
>>
File: Hérosmaîtrisantunlion.jpg (17KB, 220x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hérosmaîtrisantunlion.jpg
17KB, 220x360px
>>
>>87552040
Pretty much this.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.