[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a fun ultra-violent superhero movie like Dredd or Robocop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: high ex.webm (2MB, 640x267px) Image search: [Google]
high ex.webm
2MB, 640x267px
I want a fun ultra-violent superhero movie like Dredd or Robocop. What are my options?
>>
The Toxic Avenger movies, Deadpool, the first Kick-Ass, Super... Did anyone bother to watch The Wolverine's R-rated cut?
>>
Kickass and Deadpool are your only real options. I suppose Super, but it's not so much of a superhero movie.
>>
Blade, Blade 2, The Crow, Darkman.
>>
>>87538708
>Darkman
Never heard of it, I'll check it out! Thanks!
>>
Punisher Warzone
>>
>>87538751
Sam Raimi directed it a decade before Spider-Man. Peter David described it as "the perfect super-hero film of all time" http://www.peterdavid.net/archives/001287.html
>Now let me make it clear here: "Perfect" is not, in this instance, to be considered synonymous with "good." Or "quality." "Perfect" is not defined herein as "in a state of undiminished or highest excellence." No, I'm speaking of my directory's first definition: "Complete of its nature or kind."

>The nature of this kind of movie is standard super-hero comic book. Other films have come close-- but they haven't had everything. They haven't been complete. Somewhere, in some aspect or other, they've been lacking.

>What's ironic, of course, is that Darkman is not based on any specific comic-book hero, although he's pretty much a combo of The Shadow and The Avenger, both from pulps, with Swamp Thing's origin thrown in for good measure, to wit: A scientist runs afoul of some bad guys and gets himself and his lab blown up. However, due to a homegrown skin project he's got cooking, he's able to reconstruct faces, including the bad guys' and his own. Swathing his face in bandages and a coat and hat Lamont Cranston left sitting around, he seeks vengeance. No specific hero, but an agglommeration.

>Because of that, Darkman is the first film, as I have said, to feature absolutely everything you find in your standard comic book. Everything. Even including the last line.
>>
>>87538571
Not superhero but The Raid is very similar to Dredd
>>
>>87538808
I've heard that said a lot but outside of the obvious superficial differences it's not really all that much alike.
>>
does Deadpool count?
>>
Watchmen, unnecessarily gory.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.