[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know /co/ likes to hate on Legend of Korra but the hate is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 29

File: Amon_and_his_Equalists.png (147KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Amon_and_his_Equalists.png
147KB, 444x250px
I know /co/ likes to hate on Legend of Korra but the hate is completely unjustified.

Here is a great article about LoK villains and how carefully the Korra's journey is constructed around them and their ideas.

>http://the-artifice.com/the-legend-of-korra-villains/

enjoy
>>
/co/ doesn't hate Korra because of the shit writing or the flat characters, they just hate the fact that she's a woman.

Aang, sure, they all liked Aang. Aang was an almost featureless little boy who frequently screwed up and admitted to his failings and insecurities. He was real easy to project yourself onto to, and after three seasons he not only finally beats the bad guy in a morally unquestionable "good" way, he gets with the adorable girl-next-door type everyone Anon has encountered at some point in his life.

Then Korra came along. Oh fuck, not only is she a different gender and has defined features, but she's also loud and brash and not at all submissive and secretly pining for a boy like Katara. This simply will not do. /co/ spent years hating Korra and loving it when she failed, but then she did the one thing they'll never forgive her for. Korra would always be a better fighter and leader, a more successful person, but at least she'll never take away anyone's waifu.

And then...
>>
>>87535870
Interesting read, but i have to say that for the most part i believe the show disagrees with the author. Especially the Unalaq part.

>>87536165
/co/ was super hyped for Korra until "The Spirit of competion" it's simply not true that /co/ hated her for being a tomboy.
>>
>>87536165
Nice pasta.

Now calling Katara submissive is a hell out of a strech.
>>
>>87536232
This. Were you guys here when Season 1 was airing? /co/ loved it, until, y'know.
>>
File: doyouhavebraindamage.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
doyouhavebraindamage.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>87536165
is this pasta?
>>
File: Korra_(Season_4)_appearance.jpg (509KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
Korra_(Season_4)_appearance.jpg
509KB, 600x838px
>>87535870

This is why I like The Legend of Korra more than Last Airbender. Korra's story felt much more sincere and drawn out than anyone in TLA save for Zuko. The greatest thing is that, unlike Aang, she isn't the moral high-ground. She doesn't have all the answers, and the world doesn't always see eye-to-eye with her. She's not a hero, she's just a person trying to figure her own shit out. Korra's journey, the way she recognizes the good in her adversaries and how she can improve herself from them, is much more powerful, sincere, and believable to me than anything I felt in The Last Airbender. Korra starts with nothing, but she becomes the greatest Avatar the world has ever known.
Very good article.
>>
>>87536287
Until what?
>>
>>87536353
Korra is a good character on paper.

But all that you said is build on bad writting, bad characterization, plot holes and asspuls.
>>
>>87536165
>but she's also loud and brash and not at all submissive and secretly pining for a boy like Katara
No anon all women are submissive all of that bad behavior goes away as soon as you get their pussies wet.

LoK sucks due to its dumb plots.
>>
>>87535870
Antagonists =/= Protagonists

We are not following the story of them, the story shouldn't be constructed around them.
>>
>>87536360
Until the unnecessary, unwarranted character of Bolin cried in a comedic stupid way because Korra wanted to be with tall, brooding, and handsome Mako in a romantic relationship and not Bolin in that way.
>>
>>87535870
that article sucks
here's a video with pretty much the same point that explains it much better
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiGQGmnMt0I
>>
>>87536353
To me it sounds like you and the article liked the potential story in Korra, and so did i. I like to imagine Korra finding herself outside of just being the avatar, or Korra learning good things from her villains. But i don't believe that actually happened in the show. It's the reason why i sympathize with the author of the article, but disagree with basicly everything said in it.
>>
>>87536477
The video gets some parts right, but a hell of a lot wrong. Korra is not about any of the "big ideas" it brings up -- it pays lip service to them without ever actually tackling them head on.

Why, for instance, is Amon's stance of egalitarianism wrong in Korra's view? Because he's actually a water bender. Well disputed.
>>
File: 111.jpg (29KB, 224x329px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
29KB, 224x329px
>>87535870
>>87536353
Oh god no, LoK is the series of lost potential everything it does sounds great until it actually is onscreen. Every single cool detail about the show just falls apart so badly and leaves everyone with an incredibly unsatisfying show.

It all falls apart because the characters are boring with no interesting chemistry who don't really feel like they are great friends and have no real reason to stick together. The show spends way too long in 1 setting instead of exploring how the world has changed making so many episodes just blur together into a mess of "oh I gues that happened". There is a weird tonal shift in the show where it just doesn't seem to understand how to handle any of its ideas anymore, like how bending lost all the spiritual elements to it and just became elemental punching or the spirit world just became some wacky kids fun area from a mysterious and spooky world where it felt like spirits would actually live. The show suffers from a desperately misguided attempt to be "mature" where it shuns things that made the previous show great like the setting it was in, its humour or general worldbuilding in favour of boring drama and "serious" world issues that are just ultimately fumbled into disappointing endings. It's like they were embarrasssed to be making an Avatar show so desperately tried to make it look "mature" and "dark" when it just comes off as a childish interpretation of what it means to be mature where the original show came off as the far more mature interpretation of anything.

It's a real shame because the third season of Korra felt like it was finally becoming a great show and it was capable of being as good as AtLA was but it just went back to being dumb shortly after.
>>
>>87536477
The thing is that the show "having big ideas", namedropping philosophers and masturbating about how great that is doesn't compensate for the shitty characters or the bad writing that stops us from really becoming invested in the world or caring about the characters. You can have all the symbolism and "big ideas" in the world but it doesn't matter if the show isn't entertaining.

It doesn't make the show good to have these elements to it, it's like people who claim to justify why they love the prequels because of retarded stuff like the "ring theory" and pretending that there is something greater to the series than there actually is.
>>
>>87536614
>Why, for instance, is Amon's stance of egalitarianism wrong in Korra's view?

Because bending was a part of cultures and what Amon was doing was ignoring the rights of other people which goes against "of, relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities" by trying to destroy those cultures and ruin other peoples' lives because of their birth - which let us remember - where even non-benders can have bending children.

>>87536491
>I like to imagine Korra finding herself outside of just being the avatar,
She kind of did for a while with that low stakes unnecessary dodgeball-esque sport of probending. She still let her bending define her though.
Aang had the backdrop of being an airbender so he was linked to his culture but he was about espousing one part of the philosophy of airbending. Roku would have probably just ended up being a friend to the royal family if he never was the Avatar and been on their side of the war for Sozin as a firebender. Kyoshi would probably keep to herself. Kuruk seemed like he liked to go around and challenge people to fights and womanize.

Korra's life was too stifled and contained by being the Avatar in name only.
>>
Legend Of Korra was a good show excluding the second season. /co/ is the only place on the internet that thinks the series was bad.
>>
>>87536774
>/co/ is the only place on the internet that thinks the series was bad.
Everyone else has already moved on and forgotten the show. With any luck, the comics will fail with the first issue because lesbians don't have money.
>>
>>87535870
What a shitty article. It doesn't matter the meaningful way the antagonists were imagined if the story they are presented in just use them as poor plot devices.

The author uses that to justify every "glorious moment" in Korra. But when you consider how every season has a path of obvious enemy rising up, Korra still being stubborn, lazy relationships bonding and breaking for whatever reason... It's pretty clear they were just lazily written and that the thought of their impactful meaning was lost in either studio meddling or bad season writing direction.

Another clue for that comes that only Zaheer had a decent post-season impact on Korra. Amon league of shadows were instantly dissolved just because a non-bender got to be a mayor. The spirit portal reaction was just deal with it spirits are a okay, but are very rare in season 3 and when they show up are incredibly misused as cheap plot motifs.

It didn't happen but you can imagine that Korra had a season 5 all the power vaccuum Kuvira left, distrust or dissidents of her government would been forgotten in 2 or 3 episodes and Korra would face her new world threatening enemy.

They say Korra is an animation for a mature audience but they make those incredibly complex setups of bending prejudice, spirit politics, terrorism, depression and military powers... only to be resolved in the most childish, lazy, and out of touch writing possible, dismissing the whole complex world building in the thrash bin.

What is a great mature way to end complex problems than never addressing to them ever again?
>>
>>87536771
>She kind of did for a while with that low stakes unnecessary dodgeball-esque sport of probending.
There was some of that true, but the fact that it didn't stick at all to her kinda lessens it's value as an outside identity.

My point was rather that there is this potential LoK story, where the question "who is Korra?" gets an answer, along with >>87536477 actually happening. Where the ideas are presented discussed and synthesized. But that just isn't really what we got with the show, and both the video and the article from OP are attempts at making sense of it all by interpreting the show and including a huge amount of unfounded assumptions to make it happen.
>>
>>87536774
if that were true season 4 wouldn't have been web only
>>
>>87536774
Because everything shitty thing he did to ruin the series was instantly forgiven with muh lesbian ending, I wear yuri googles 24/7 and it didn't even felt it was convincing
>>
Can't speak for everyone but all the hate (including my own bias for the show) comes purely because of season 2. I remember when the first season came out and most discussion amounted to "really good, would be better if it weren't for Mako". When the god awful dues ex machina ending of season one happened people hated it but still not enough to hate the show as a whole and most people were hopeful that'd they'd improve in the next season.

But Jesus Christ were we wrong, season 2 isn't just bad, it may be one of the most sudden drop of quality of any show. At least Simpsons and Spongebob had seasons's that gradually showed how the series went downhill gradually, LOK went from good to absolute dog shit in a god damn blink of an eye and since then it really tainted people's perception of the show.

I've actually haven't finished season 3 nor even began season 4 but season 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth I just didn't bother anymore. That's how bad it was.
>>
File: 1436721393590.png (146KB, 452x403px) Image search: [Google]
1436721393590.png
146KB, 452x403px
>>87535870

People who hate the series are just Avatar nostalgiafags with too high expectations who will nitpick the series to death to find any insignificant flaw and then blow it up as the worst thing ever.

I'm glad I didn't have this issue, so I could enjoy the action, characters, world, animation and music of this wonderful series. We'll never have anything like it again.
>>
File: 1478055792440.jpg (40KB, 482x340px) Image search: [Google]
1478055792440.jpg
40KB, 482x340px
>>87536816
>>87536872
>>87536901
things /co/ thinks
>>
>>87536982
Season 3 was the best tho, how could you start it and not finish it?
>>
>>87535870
>hate
pointing out flaws is hate now?
>>
>>87537293
nope most of that is hate
>>
File: Korra really.png (622KB, 685x486px) Image search: [Google]
Korra really.png
622KB, 685x486px
>>87537253
Interestingly enough it's usually you guys who bring up Atla, not those you claim are nostalgiafags.

The "nostalgiafags" usually talk about specific problems in writing from the show, such as spirit portals, giant mecha, lack of development etc.
>>
>>87537253
>People who hate the series

>>87537293
>>hate
>pointing out flaws is hate now?

>>87537254
>things /co/ thinks
YouTube and tumblr too. Enough links in the past to the action scenes are posted that you could see that people disliked the contrived fights in Korra and tumblr links showed that people kept wanting to ask questions yet the people who wrote the show wouldn't comment.
>>
>>87537293
>>87537342

I've seen enough people in these threads call it terrible, the worst show ever etc. I think that qualifies as hate.
>>
>>87537330
way are you surprised about them the mecha where around in korra book 1 now you want to bitch about them
>>
>>87537342
does youtube and tumblr bitch about the same show over and over for years
>>
>>87537360
>such as spirit portals, giant mecha, lack of development
>way are you surprised about them the mecha where around in korra book 1
Don't just pick and choose one thing from an argument, respond to all of it. And then he can go into detail about the "etc" since there is a lot more in terms of problems.
>>
>>87537360
Because they're not the same type of mecha and functions entirely different, just to name a few examples.
>>
File: 1476459584514.png (139KB, 1080x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1476459584514.png
139KB, 1080x1497px
>>87536774
It was decent at best.
Good animation and musical score, decent VA work but it fell apart in narrative, lore and structure
It didn't even follow the own rules of it's own series and each season felt so detached from each other, in all seasons there were to many plot points hang out with no solution other than "It just work out somehow get over it"
If the writing and storytelling was just better it would have been great but as it stands it's just eye candy with no substance or value which makes the fact the lead was a female all the more ironic.
>>
>>87537408
>does youtube and tumblr bitch about the same show over and over for years
Yes. Yes they do.
>>
File: Backed Up Fact.webm (98KB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
Backed Up Fact.webm
98KB, 1920x720px
>>87537434
>>
>>87537411
way spirit portals bad and lack of development who
>>
>>87537447
Not him but this guys video >>87536477 has comments only 1 month old. Which suggests that there are still discussions on youtube even ~2 years after it ended.
>>
>>87537468
Lack of development is a problem because Korra doesn't advance as a person organicly in the show. And she is presented as a flawed person, she's supposed to develop but rather just change at the whim of the plot.

Spirit Portals being open goes with what literal spirit of Darkness wants to happen to destroy the world. Same with Unalaq, he willfully tried to destroy the world through opening the portals, and Korra decides for no real reason to keep them open on the off chance it works out like it did for Wan (1 person) as opposed to how it worked out for his entire village who (i think) died fighting the spirits.
>>
>>87537478
the difference between this video and /co/ is that you idiots blame korra for everything bad that happened and nitpic the same thing over and over for years
>>
>>87537521
dont most spirits want to be left alone way do you think every dark spirit will just come out of it there are evil humans too and water benders have ways of dealing with dark spirits
>>
>>87537447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYY17r1UjQ
Posted 2014 and still talking about how disappointing that was and following related links shows other examples of other videos posted years ago.

On facebook (which 4chan thinks this link is spam: video.php?v=830215713703171&permPage=1
Even Studio MIR didn't like it.

With Deus Ex threads, this can be done imperceptibly over time.
>>
>>87537532
>blame korra for everything bad that happened

Wants to learn but then forgets that and does nothing in Book 1 while Amon does things and ends up being ineffective in her attempts to the point that the universe needs to win the day for her.

Didn't even try to act like the Avatar in Book 2 which leads to her losing the past lives and leaving the portals that no one knew about opened which

Leads to Zaheer gaining airbending and breaking out and freeing people who haven't seen combat in 14 years so of course they take out a person who trained in fighting and has all the power plus a support group which

Leads to Kuvira being a dictator over the Earth Kingdom and lasts so long because Korra is sulking and feeling sorry for herself for so long since she stuck around the South Pole for 2.5 years and then walked around without doing anything for another half a year.
>>
Korra has plenty of flaws that exist in all four seasons.

A strong, confident assertive woman who loses almost every non-season finale fight she's in and her major character themes are fears of submission and failure punctuated by crying. Strong female role model! I seriously got tired of the jobbing and kind of started to tune out most of the fights if the main four were involved.

Cool ideas with no pay off. Season 3 wasn't a good season, it just had the best villains, and by best I mean coolest since they didn't get any proper motivations either beyond BLOW IT ALL UP. The major crux of the plot(the Earth Queen) is handled in such a shitty fashion it directly spawns everything dumb abut Season 4's plot. You know what would've been interesting? If Korra had any nuance in her morality and agreed with Zaheer, being personally attacked and imprisoned by an insane monarch. But nah we needed five episodes about the air bender temple.

Deus ex machina was in from season 1. It's the last god damn scene of the season. So Season 2 was just continuing a fine tradition with exposition island and the finale.

Season 4 was like a parody, like somebody had only heard of politics through fiction.

>>87536836
>They say Korra is an animation for a mature audience but they make those incredibly complex setups of bending prejudice, spirit politics, terrorism, depression and military powers... only to be resolved in the most childish, lazy, and out of touch writing possible, dismissing the whole complex world building in the thrash bin

A perfect summary. I was really solidly engaged in Season 1 and let down, Season 2 had an inkling of hope at the start(oh man Korra has to actually get spiritual), but S3 and S4 were just kind of a chore. You can see how everything resolves many episodes in advance. You just watch to be surprised by the sheer absurdity of it, like Korra needing not one but two mentor pick me ups in Season 4 to get over her like third "fear of being weak" trauma.
>>
>>87537532
I was just responding to the fact that youtube also still talks about LoK, not how they do it.
>>
File: 1477459469333.png (155KB, 457x436px) Image search: [Google]
1477459469333.png
155KB, 457x436px
>>87537657
epic post bro and shit thread
>>
>>87537565
Because that's what the show told us through Wans story. If left unmanaged spirits will take over the material plane, and there is nothing humans can do about it. It's not even about dark spirits, regular spirits took over parts of RC and it became the humans problem because the spirits refused to listen.
>>
>>87537565
Opening the portals has the vines be about which has people experiment on them and discover weapons of considerable destruction. And once the genie's out of the bottle, then that knowledge and know-how is out there for people to abuse. No one would ever go to the Swamp and say "these are spirit vines and have power in them!"

Korra's mistakes now have potential not-nukes and lasers around to be used and her Avatar State is at its weakest ever even more so than Wan's for some reason. So she can't even protect the world from amassing weapons that she dropped on their doorstep because her powers and strength of character and spirituality were weaker than her opponents despite her now having a returned to strength Raava and contained Vaatu at her disposable.
>>
File: 1473823041196.png (105KB, 733x537px) Image search: [Google]
1473823041196.png
105KB, 733x537px
>>87536165
>they just hate the fact that she's a woman.
>>
>>87537521

Wan's village was able to found civilization by all of them taking fire bending and just clear cutting the woods and torching any spirits that gave them shit.

>>87537565
>>87537713

I always thought it was amazing that of all the people in the world, the Avatar would know the most how dangerous the spirit world is. Like you can picture Korra staring at the spirit portals and thinking about keeping them open and that water bender avatar guy pops up and starts screaming "KOH ISN'T THE ONLY ONE LIKE THAT YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER"

And of course in season 3 it's just like "yeah I guess a whale sized serpent lives in the desert now, watch out. Thanks for that btw Avatar."

Obviously spirits are a mixed bag and several are cool but they don't really give a fuck either way. They'd be happy living in the spirit world, they'd be happy moving between both... and they'd also jump into your skin and morph you permanently as a fucking joke if they felt like it.
>>
>>87537354
That's called opinion

>>87537319
So people should simply accept the many plot holes in this show and accept it as good?
>>
>>87537754
Pretty sure Wans village got killed because they cut down the forest. They could hold off the spirits for a time, but spirits can't die while humans can, so humans will always lose out in violent conflict. And since you can't talk to spirits and have them come around, violence is all you got left.

Although i agree with the rest, not all spirits are bad, but they just seem to not care about anyone but themselves at best, and are vindictive and dangerous at worst. And we don't really get a good reason from Korra, or anyone else, as to why she didn't just close the portals again. Everything was working fine in Atla anyway and the portals were closed back then.
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162KB, 1285x976px) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162KB, 1285x976px
>>87536353
>Korra's story felt much more sincere and drawn out than anyone in TLA save for Zuko
Anon, her story is retarded. Seriously, think about it for a second: if you take Korra out of LoK, the world is better.

If she stayed in her goddamn igloo, S02, S03 and S04 would not have happened. That's it. So what is the point of a character's story if all he does is to fuck up? it's not about having all the answers (Aang didn't have either), but not being completely brain-dead to do some of the choices she did.
>>
>>87537754
>And of course in season 3 it's just like "yeah I guess a whale sized serpent lives in the desert now, watch out. Thanks for that btw Avatar."

This is what really really amazes me. They could not give Korra ANY credit organically. Nothing happened that wasn't, couldn't, and didn't get traced back to her. That sand shark could have always lived there like how the unagi and that serpent at the "Serpent's Pass" always lived there and made their home yet they have that unreliable narrator of a crew member say that that sand shark suddenly appeared not too long ago.

Just have it always exist and be a legend for the sandbenders and people who cross the desert. And then have Korra kill it like she did since she apparently crossed that desert in Book 4 and didn't have a problem with it attacking her nor did that desert city they met in as a group mention it.

I just can't comprehend how someone would write a character and keep piling problems and mistakes and flaws on her and not ever, even once, give her a good deed done that isn't convoluted.
>>
Jesus Christ.
Move the fuck on already.
>>
File: 1444172223301.png (175KB, 430x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444172223301.png
175KB, 430x443px
>>87537253
>high expectations
>expecting a plot that makes sense

>>87537360
this just means the flaw is also present in S01.
>>
File: sand shark.jpg (39KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
sand shark.jpg
39KB, 630x420px
>>87537754
>And of course in season 3 it's just like "yeah I guess a whale sized serpent lives in the desert now, watch out. Thanks for that btw Avatar."
I think that creature was not supposed to be a spirit, but an animal that existed there before. I can't remember where/how I got that impression though, so I could be wrong.

Still, I agree with you in that the spirits weren't handled very well. Nearly all of their interactions with humans in LoK went so badly that it left me wondering why people would even bother to put up with their bullshit.
>>
>>87537565
>dont most spirits want to be left alone
Statistically, most spirits attack humans for stupid reasons. At least the ones we know about.
>>
>>87535870
>enjoy
Nah.
>>
>>87537983

>I think that creature was not supposed to be a spirit, but an animal that existed there before. I can't remember where/how I got that impression though, so I could be wrong.

I could accept that it was always there and just didn't exist in the writing in TLAB, but they make a point of saying "it showed up recently" because presumably the Earth Kingdom army would be on top of "hey, there's a really large death zone where there wasn't one before, travel by zeppelin only."
>>
>>87537983
He appeared right after harmonic convergence, so most likely Korra had something to do with him.
>>
>>87537657
Everything in Season 4 was Suyin and Raiko's fault. They were too complacent and weak to bring order to the Earth Kingdom, then used Kuriva to do their work for them. When Kuriva strayed from their goals, they tried to get Korra to bail them out of trouble.
>>
>>87535870
/co/ hates Korra because it's fucking shit. Her whole character is just fite me 1v1.
>>
Why do we still have those threads? Everything has been said. We don't even bother to hate this show anymore.

Fucking guaranteed replies everytime.
>>
>>87535870
Season 2 was shit, shit, shiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>87538028
See, I can get that actually. I do like to think that the world had a hand in messing itself up thanks to all those who live there.
But the story constantly and readily lays the blame on Korra and she doesn't show that she can change it and make it better and shoulder the blame and change the opinion of those around her.

Book 1 happens because suddenly Amon and the council being terrible, including Tenzin.

Book 2 happened because Varrick wanted to make money at the expense of killing his own countrymen, Raiko not wanting to get involved despite people from both Tribes living in his country, Tenzin wanting to fuck off on vacation, Mako wanting to be the star, Lin being stupid, Asami not having a backbone or brain, Desna and Eska following orders despite not agreeing with their dad anyway, and Tonraq and everyone else lying to Korra since the age of 3.

Book 3 happened because people underestimated elite bending and one non-bending criminal and held secrets from Korra yet again. For nothing ever being done in the Earth Kingdom all the time between seasons starting back once Aang helped end the war.

And like you said for 4.

It also lies on Korra and the antagonists of the season, but the story doesn't like to spread the blame and constantly focuses it on Korra and doesn't have her do something positive to change it herself but rather rely on others who have no character arc in the story.
>>
>>87536353
>Korra starts with nothing, but she becomes the greatest Avatar the world has ever known

you cannot be serious
>>
>>87535870
Korra was decent ideas but poor execution
>>
>>87538339
A lot of the ideas were poor too.
>>
I am so glad right now that I couldn't be assed to watch any more after season 1.
>>
>>87537592
>Studio MIR has a dog named MIR

Cute
>>
Kuvira should have been the protagonist after season 3. The Air Acolytes could still have existed as a supporting lesser faction for an episode or two, but Kuvira should have been the heroine.

She fits the "strong, driven woman" archetype perfectly, and I actually would want to see her character arc directly after Korra is poisoned. I wanted to see her navigate through a collapsing Earth Kingdom and found her Earth Empire from the chaos and fallout of the EK. I wanted to see Ba Sing Se go to shit.

As others have said, the demonic/asshole Spirit characters, Spirit World, and Unaloq were easily the worst part of the series.
>>
>>87537270
Because any scene that didn't include the villains was boring?
>>
>>87539443

I still can't believe the sheer absurdity of Season 4.

>So I guess the ruling monarch was disposed of and the entire earth kingdom is descending into anarchy
>there are literally bandit armies hundreds strong who can field airplanes. we are talking full guerilla armies
>hey, Iron Clan, you're really well established, have a private army and an invincible defensible location. We also like you. Want to run things?
>No
>realizing the entire fucking continent will destroy itself and divide in civil war at this rate, a mutiny occurs ***remember this part***
>spend 3 years fighting battles to reunite dozens of city states
>risk lives to fight bandit armies and anarchists
>reinstate national order
>improve national railway system
>rebuild national infrastructure(remember, the first eps of S4 are entire cities starving to death before Kuvira)
>this is bad because muh independence, despite the fact that the governors weren't independent before Kuvira and were all paying ridiculous taxes to a psychopathic monarch
>no outside help is coming that is effective
>here's two airbender kids
>they get robbed, again, by bandit guerilla armies that can field fucking airport, fuel and maintenance for airplanes
>so three years of establishing order
>hey lets put a clearly inept figurehead monarch back on the throne
>hey, Kuvira's evil because
>quick compare her to Hitler off screen
>guys it's been like 6 episodes, I guess we should put the actual reeducation camps on screen since episode 2-3 ended without any of that shit visible

the entire time I'm just laughing in disbelief. I'm supposed to disagree with the woman who ended 3 years of fucking mad max anarchy?
>>
Korra was knocked down from a 7 or 8 to a 5 from consistently garbage finales and a character arc that jumps all over the place.

There is nothing wrong, conceptually, with all the villains. But they all get reduced to some mustache twirling charlatan in the last few episodes of each season besides maybe season 3 but even they seem more "join our side Korra" rather than "let me poison you to death Korra"
>>
>>87539835
Maybe it's a Mao allusion?
>>
>>87539840
The Red Lotus were going to kill Raiko, not ask him to step down, before they got the lead on Korra.
And Unalaq was a mustache twirler from episode 2 onward.
Amon had presence but that's it.
>>
Thanks for going against the /co/ hivemind, op.
>>
File: I'm enjoying my anger.jpg (13KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
I'm enjoying my anger.jpg
13KB, 245x206px
>>87535870

>>
>>87537731
are you knew here?
>>
>>87540462
>knew
>>
>>87539840
There was everything wrong with the season two villian and wan.its like the guy who knew eastern mythology left the show and bryke just did whatevet they wanted. Nick was stupid they should have realized story board artists can't be writers
>>
>>87539035
>couldn't be assed
>>
>>87538169
The problem isn't Korra, it's that the story can't make up its mind if a old religious messiah like the Avatar is needed to restore order to the world, or if people don't need the avatar to bring order to the world.
>>
>>87540152
Kuvira actually lines up with CKS more than Mao
>>
>>87538066
*gets defeated 2v1*
- shit! noobs REEEEEE

*gets defeated 1v1*
- fucking cheater
>>
>>87537826
>Pretty sure Wans village got killed because they cut down the forest
in the beginning we see one guy get attacked because he was hunting in the forest, so it's not just cutting. But it's true, pretty much every civ. except the air nation was living in turtles, so most likely they had nowhere else to go because of spirits. Opening the spirit portals is not only a bad idea; it takes 5 seconds to realize shit will happen. It's a retarded idea.
>>
>>87539835

I still can't get over how Prince Wu had one of the best character arcs in the entire fourth season. And I say this because unlike other characters (Suyin and Toph) I really don't want to trash him, but--------letting the different towns and cities in the Earth (continent?) is a terrible idea. How many years will it be until you have a hundred small and bitter city states launching invasions or attempted annexations into neighboring city states? Hasn't the past 3-4 years demonstrated that if left to their own devices without a "Great Uniter" or Earth Empire/Kingdom/etc people lean towards destruction/raiding/pillaging/chaos if left to their own devices?

In fact wasn't the entire epilogue of Avatar Wan's last decades of life showing that without a common antagonist to fight against (Vaatu and the spirits) or without a strong ideal to unite everyone (Kuvira's Earth Empire) humanity will ultimately begin tearing itself apart? Did Bryke and the other writers forget that this is the same series that began with the genocide of an entire race, the Air Nation?

Without the sappy music or feel good party in S4's ending scene, are we supposed to think that:

>Republic City destroyed from the vines (that fucking subplot that was never resolved) and Kuvira's invasion
>The Earth continent's "independent" nations built on the backs of two failed orders
>The Northern Water tribe's military utterly fucked after Unaloq's failed invasion 4 years ago
>The Southern Water tribe as irrelevant and war torn as it was in ATLA S1E1
>Not!Japan Fire Nation so removed from LoK's story they're basically an unknown factor
>Zaofu being the isolationist city state it's always been, and still run by the biggest villain in the series, who LoK for some reason wants us to root for (Suyin).
>Amoral asshole Spirits now running amok in the material world while having no respect for the law or local affairs

By all accounts LoK made the Avatar World become demonstrably worse.
>>
I'm not reading this article, but I know how careful villains presented. But they aren't realized. They are always sidelined without directly addressing their wrongness.

It's a show that set itself for a challenge it's not willing to complete. And in this it's the worst.
>>
>>87540871
>By all accounts LoK made the Avatar World become demonstrably worse.

Thus allowing more stories to be told in the verse. Everything was sunshine and happiness at the end of ATLA that it didn't allow for anything:
>Fire Nation under new management by someone who is now sympathetic to the world
>NWT on good terms with the Avatar
>SWT best friends forever with the Avatar and slowly about to grow back and rebuild
>Air Nation needs repopulating but the one member of that group has a bright outlook
>EK's king went on a pilgrimage so that would be the only thing to look towards heavily

Conflicts need to happen so LoK destroys everything so that stuff can happen.
>>
>>87540994
The real issue is how it goes about it. Not that it does it.
>>
>>87540994
But Atla has plenty of stories to be told still. And they have made several comics about some of it. Destroying everything doesn't make for good stories automaticly, it might give some more options, but it also has the possibility to remove options.
>>
>le evil uncle with no real goal other than power
Such a great villain
>>
>>87541070
Worked for the Lion King.
>>
Ideas < Execution

You can pontificate all you want on the concepts that were in Korra but none of it was well handled, and many times opposite ideas are actually demonstrated
>>
Korra was an annoying, shouty unlikeable arsehole.

Why is it so hard to make a main character who's a nice person? Do they have to be dickheads for the sake of drama.
>>
>>87541205
The only idea they had was to make the opposite of Aang. Everything else was secondary.
>>
>>87540871
fuck off idiot
>>
man this thread is fucking stupid
>>
>>87541121
The difference is that Scar had charisma, a cool villain song, and hyenas.
>>
>>87541641
I think it's also worht considering that they didn't tell you Scar was a deep guy focused on a bigger issue, and then he turns out to be "le evil uncle with no real goal other than power" instead.
>>
File: wait_what_come_on.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wait_what_come_on.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>Amon represents equality
>Korra begins considering the will of the people

>Unaloq represents spirituality
>Korra begins becoming more spiritual

>Zaheer represents complete freedom
>Korra starts laying off her fears and repressions

>Kuvira represents ???
>Korra becomes a lesbian
>>
>>87541703
Kuvira represents sexual attraction, obviously
>>
>>87536353
>Korra starts with nothing, but she becomes the greatest Avatar the world has ever known.
She cripples the Avatar State, frees then empowers the embodiment of evil, causes the disintegration of the largest nation on Earth, levels the only democracy on the planet, and lets immortal, magical beings who are apathetic to humans enter the physical world en masse. She is the worst Avatar in canon bar none.

>>87537754
>Wan's village was able to found civilization by all of them taking fire bending and just clear cutting the woods and torching any spirits that gave them shit.
They died horribly the first time they pissed off lesser spirits, civilization didn't start until the spirits were sealed off.

>>87538028
>Everything in Season 4 was Suyin and Raiko's fault.
Korra jobbing to Kuvira wasn't.
>>
>>87541703
>Korra begins considering the will of the people
"IAM OPEN THA PORTALS SPIRITS R GUD"
>>
File: 39b.png (842KB, 499x893px) Image search: [Google]
39b.png
842KB, 499x893px
So.. are we at the part where we just start posting lewds?
>>
>>87543890
you just hate Korra cause she's a woman
>>
The Korra villains in a nutshell:
>An SJW in the first season
>Cthulhu in the second season
>Four criminals in the third season
>A dictator in the fourth season

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things should have been at the end, but instead this thing was in the second season, the narrative's disjointed
>>
>>87544392
I just realised this thread has over hundred replies and so far no lewds were posted.
Is this some kind of a record?
>>
>>87535870
Seriously, an advertising thread that didn't get deleted and the OP banned? Oh sure, but streaming with buddies is illegal right?

Look, kid, you're not getting any cash.
>>
>>87544360
>Wan - "I must close the portals until I have a very good plan to make everyone live in harmony"
>Unaloq - "My evil plan is to open the portals"
>Evil Jellyfish thing - "I opened the portals in the first place to spread chaos and cause unbalance"
>Korra - "I'MA OPEN THE PORTALS!"
And then Korra was praised, anyone who didn't was meant to look bad
>>
File: 1450614727028.jpg (91KB, 438x503px) Image search: [Google]
1450614727028.jpg
91KB, 438x503px
After how abysmal season 2 was I dropped the show like a sack of rocks.

Every character is moronic and unlikable.
The steampunk setting ruins the homey feel TLA had.

The Avatar Wan stuff was decent though.
>>
>>87535870
>Korra's journey is carefully constructed
Had a good laugh m8 have a (you)
>>
>>87544743
>The Avatar Wan stuff was decent though
>lore rape
>but it's pretty
Yeah, nah. You're still a cunt.
>>
File: b-baka.png (240KB, 504x509px) Image search: [Google]
b-baka.png
240KB, 504x509px
>>87542858
Friendly reminder that everyone started displaying homosexual tendencies after being exposed to Kuvira's pink kryptonite gun.
>>
>>87540462
Are you? There's a reason it's called /co/mblr.
These faggots always think it's /pol/ leaking every fucking time something they think is progressive ends up sucking.
>>
I would have preferred a single ongoing narrative with one overarching villain, like what the original Avatar did.
>Amon as the über-villain
>Unalaq's role in the story replaced by Tarrlok
>The Red Lotus as mercenaries working for Amon
>Kuvira as Amon's second-in-command, with the Equalists' technology being supplied by her forces
>Vaatu (the ultimate evil) doesn't come in until the third season, and Amon is the one who becomes the Dark Avatar, who will continually be reborn throughout the generations like the regular Avatar because those are the rules they established
Something more along those lines would have made for a much more coherent narrative.
>>
I honestly believe that the only reason why /co/ hates Korra is because she is a girl.
>>
>>87544743

Practically everything about LoK was unbearably terrible...

Also this:

> The steampunk setting ruins the homey feel TLA had.
>>
Korra would work better as a side character

Starting with a character that is super powerful and likes fighting is difficult. Usually when a MC is really strong they need to have some code or morals which nerfs them by choice (Aang). If you don't they are either gonna have a cake walk (which can be fun) or will have to job hard (Korra). You make her a side character and it is a lot easier though. You can have her achieve other stuff off screen, not really be part of the main plot or be unable to help.

For example maybe Korra is pushed into the political side of stuff but is unequipped to do so, she could still blunder and be head strong but that can be what sets of other events rather than her constantly needing to be at the centre. We wouldn't need scenes of people telling her she is still great she or have it be so annoying as she wasn't the focus.
>>
>>87545010
/co/ loves Azula
Azula is a horrible, flawed character and the setting treats her as such
Korra is a horrible, flawwed character but the terrible writing of LoK has to function in a way for her always to come across victorious, or at the very least on the right side of a conflict in the end

Asami and Kuvira would be better protagonists than Korra.
>>
My other problem with the villains is that they tried to do the big endgame scenario four times, and the last two were really mediocre. Each Korra season has about half the episodes the original Avatar had, so there's less time to build up the main threat. The series also blew its load with the Vaatu arc. Zaheer and Kuvira just weren't that threatening since Korra had already fought the embodiment of evil before them.
>>
>>87544800
>lore rape
What fucking lore?
Keep in mind I didn't read any of the shit comic books like you probably did.

They kept with the shit lore they had, bro fucking lion turtles.

>but it's pretty
strawman

>Yeah, nah. You're still a cunt.
Nice argument.
>>
>>87545251
>ATLA
>We learned bending from the animals
>LOK
>Nah, some fucking turtle just hands bending out like it's candy.

Fuck you and the horse that mounts you on the weekends.
>>
>>87545251
He's talking about the spirit worlds eastern philosophy, which didn't have a binary good and evil attached to it. It just was a place. Then suddenly with korra it changed to heaven and hell lets fight.
>>
>>87545010
then explain The Loud House then.
>>
>>87545313
>ATLA
Do you forget the finale of TLA?
It's literally the fucking turtle handing it out like candy back to Aang.
>>
>>87545429
Lets leave aside the fact that that was meant to be special case, as in it's the Avatar seeking a non-violent solution and being presented with a forgotten art, and not the norm for the moment.

There's also the fact that they turned a clearly eastern inspired mythology into a simple good tapeworm vs. evil tapeworm occidental bullshit.

The Avatar instead of being some divine mandate of balance is just some random jobbo that bumbled into their retard slap fight.

Hell, the entire idea of giving away the Avatar's origin is a shit one to begin with, because of how it caps the romance and mysterious allure straight in the head.
>>
>>87535870
I'm never getting over the fact that Bryke pandered to the fans concerning the romance in the series. Mako and Korra was the initial intended pairing. Bryke were only guaranteed one season, and they wrote Mako and Korra together as a couple in the end. That was the only ending that was planned from the start.

Then, Korra got more seasons and guess what happens? Bryke read the fan reactions and decided to correct their mistakes instead of actually improving the relationship. For heaven's sake Asami and Korra was not even intended in the final season. Korra was supposed to be single in the end until Nick gave them the clear to do their gay ending.

Bryke should have just ignored all the fan opinion and spent more time improving Korra and Mako's relationship. By the time they jumped ship, Mako was already seen as the deuteragonist of the show. Having him almost completely cut off in the final season to make room for Asami was just poor, inconsistent writing.

All that time spent with Mako was pointless because Asami ended up with Korra. If that was the case since the beginning, then Asami should have been the deuteragonist, not Mako. Mako's screen time was completely pointless when a viewer sees the overall picture of LoK. He was the red herring that got too much screen time that actually got in the way of Asami's development.
>>
>>87544743
TLK was diesel punk, utilizing gas-burning engines, with the "exposed pipes and wires" look the nominal time period of 1920s-30s also puts it within the scope of diesel punk, similiar to indiana jones

TLA started out wuxia, but was blended with steam punk when the fire nation was involved. they have a more "brass and gears" look, with more ornamentation, and utilize steam power rather than the internal combustion engine. the time period ranges from medieval times up until the 1890s, giving plenty of variance
>>
>>87545313
The bending techniques was what they learned from the animals.
>>
>>87545898
It's been how long now?
Get a fucking live and move on.
>>
>>87546138
>>87545010

>these same shitty trolls repeated every hour

lol at being unable to refute anything in this thread
>>
>>87535870
Lok sucks

Where the fuck is E;R?
>>
>>87544999
>who will continually be reborn throughout the generations like the regular Avatar because those are the rules they established

Unless you are Aang and die in it and get brought back by spirit water.
Unalaq+Vaatu died in an Avatar state and that is why he isn't being reborn. However Vaatu now ran back inside Raava who is in Korra as the current Avatar.
>>
>>87537253
>We'll never have anything like it again.
good?
>>
>>87545211

Azula was a victim of circumstance.
>>
>>87546609
Azula is a victim of my erect rock hard penis
>>
>>87537253
I never watched the original series till after I dropped Korra.
>>
>>87546436
>Unalaq+Vaatu died in an Avatar state
The Avatar State doesn't turn you into a kaiju, his was different.
>>
>>87535870
I don't hate Korra but its two good seasons (1, 3) fell flat and two bad seasons were just bad. I think Bryke went into it without letting the writing incubate and poor planning, they tried making each season both independent and tied to each other, which didn't work, and they focused so much on antagonists that they forgot to focus on the protagonists, all of which failed to grow and meet notable challenges.

It wasn't all bad but definitely disappointing. In the future the rights to it will be bought and we'll get the Korra series we deserve.
>>
>>87546799
>his was different.
Which was still an Avatar State with the glowing eyes. He just let Vaatu take over him and change him completely. Unalaq died and is deader than the series, but Vaatu is living that half-life.

>>87545898
>Mako was already seen as the deuteragonist of the show.
By shippers.
>>
>>87546889
I would rather get an older avatar new series
>>
>>87546935
I wouldn't mind that, as long as it disregards LoK retconning mythos.
>>
>>87547224
The recton only is known in LoK so if the new series takes place before Aang then no one would know the horrible poorly written truth.
>>
>>87546634

Sod off.
>>
>>87547224
>>87547345
I think making it a pre-steam punk story would give it just enough mystery to make it cool like that original avatar Wan (?) episode
>>
>>87540994
>Everything was sunshine and happiness at the end of ATLA that it didn't allow for anything
That's because it was the end of the fucking story.
>>
>>87547416
keep typing at me like that and you'll be a victim of my erect rock hard penis too
>>
>>87549627

You mean that 3 inch wet willy?
>>
>>87549693
yes
>>
>>87535870
Why are you posting a picture of Hillary Clinton on /co?
>>
File: Les be friends.webm (322KB, 450x268px) Image search: [Google]
Les be friends.webm
322KB, 450x268px
>we have a kids show FOR CHILDREN
>hey, what should we put in the LAST SCENE OF THE LAST EPISODE?
>maybe an uplifting message about hope and the power of perserverance?
>nah, lets have HOT LESBO TONGUE KISSING !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ
what the fuck were they thinking?!
>>
>>87536771
The important part of that first bit is "in Korra's view". I'm not asking for your opinion: I'm asking for the opinion given by the show.
>>
>>87549798
That is not what happened.

They are not dykes.
>>
>>87549798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HATLQEqLTf0
>>
>>87547546
Avatar Wan and that terrible origin of the Avatar is exactly the shit that needs to be disregarded. There is no Light and Dark spirit. The original benders were people that "bent the energy within themselves" and eventually learned from nature (the moon, dragons, etc.) how to bend the elements.

I don't know how Bryke fucked up so badly, season 2 was literally unforgivable. Like an autistic fanfic writer was holding their families hostage if they didn't release a Korra season based on their script.
>>
>>87549868
wan stunk
just a shitty collection of ideas stolen from ghibli films, but without the technical prowess to pull them off
it explained all the things that didn't need to be explained and retroactively makes the original series lamer as a result
>>
File: 1475636046476.png (892KB, 1440x996px) Image search: [Google]
1475636046476.png
892KB, 1440x996px
/co/ was hyped for a 1920's-themed jazz-filled noir adventure.

When they didn't get their hyped-up fanfiction they got mad.
In fact, everyone loved it until episode 5.

I can't be the only one who observed this happen.
>>
>>87535870
Here's my opinion. It's a 4/10 series, while Atla gets an easy 9/10. Here's why:
Lets just say that each era in the show is defined by a villain I'll use era loosely as something that equates to a season, roughly the amount of time it takes to introduce and defeat a villain. First was Amon. He was not introduce well, not very memorable, and the first season showed a lot of things to dislike about Korra, like her hot headness, douchebaggary, tendencies to get others in bad situations, and general fuck ups. And then she doesn't even defeat Amon in a morally unquestionable way, or by herself. He gets away and gets killed by his brother. How the fuck is that satisfying, not to mention she doesn't even get with Mako so all the time we spend with her bullshit pining over him makes no sense. Then there was that waterbender villain, fuck knows if he was even actually memorable. This era shows her weakness and her being shitty at actually doing things right, even looses and fucks up the Avatar state, basically ensuring that any avatar after her has no guidance whatsoever. Nice fucking job, and the villain is so non-memorable I can't even remember his reasons or name. Then we have the airbender, z- something, fucking non memorable too, and a gang of characters that take one-two episodes to kill, doesn't even last a full season, and then she gets her shit wrekt by him and gets put in a wheelchair. Now, we've gone through 3 fucking villains, and not one has she beaten on her own. In fact, the only she even won against was that waterbending guy no one gives a shit about. Then we have earth bitch, this entire part was just absolute shit. Oh, and that god-awful ending. Korassami made no fucking sense, other than "Hey it's the current year, let's take two characters that have hated eachother half the time, have one scene where they actually connect, then end the show with them both going on lesbian adventures in the spirit world. Fuck this show.
>>
>>87549979
>In fact, everyone loved it until episode 5.
Yeah, but that was mostly because of the love triangle sub-plot and it was mostly hated because Mako was an incredibly weak and uninteresting character to revolve a romance story around.
>>
>>87539840
Zahir was consistently great though. The only dumb thing about the poison was the easy cop-out.

>The Red Lotus Society was just a one season villain group and not the big bad working behind the shadows since season 1
>Xai Bau not the main villain of season 4

What could have been
>>
Daily reminder that Zaheer literally, unironically did NOTHING wrong, except fail.
>>
>>87536165
>they don't like her because she's a woman
Are you actually delusional? Katara wasn't submissive at all but she was still able to be a likable character while also contributing greatly to the story and even had a good number of fight scenes. Korra is just an unlikable womanchild who acted retarded in every situation.
>>
File: atla.jpg (66KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
atla.jpg
66KB, 720x480px
Spirit World: TLA
>>
File: LoK.png (522KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
LoK.png
522KB, 560x375px
>>87550342

Spirit World LoK
>>
>>87550342
>>87550370
To be fair the spirit world is geographically diverse in LoK
>>
>>87535870
>The last time viewers saw such an ability it was in the hands of a twelve-year-old named Aang
How can they forget Ty Lee who can temporially block a bender chi?
>>
>>87535870
Okay thats nice but I want a cool and fun story with adventures and plenty of action, says the normal person. You can argue that cartoons are a more low brow form of story telling and the great thing about the original series was it did both entertaining and serious storytelling despite being a cartoon. LoK took story telling too far and forgot it was a cartoon. The viewer doesnt have the attention span or dedication to the show to give a crap about all this fast paced plot and character development.

Almost every argument I seen defending Korra is from someone who has actually had time to sit down and get through the series. They're arguing against a great many people that saw what the show was about and turned it off.
>>
>>87550438
>How can they forget Ty Lee who can temporially block a bender chi?
Block temporarily.
Aang completely removed it and that was the last time the audience saw it.
>>
>>87546925
>Which was still an Avatar State with the glowing eyes.
Of a different color than his normal Avatar State eye glow, along with Vaatu's symbol appearing and transformation. It doesn't function like the State and Bryke left his fate ambiguous.
>>
>>87550424

Regardless, it still didn't feel right...

The spirit world depicted in LoK felt way too straight-forward, comprehensible and tangible in it's other-worldliness, compared to the more subdued and antediluvian sense conveyed by AtLA...

LoK's spirit world reminded me more of Alice in Wonderland than anything else...
>>
>>87550693
>and Bryke left his fate ambiguous.
Disappeared into glowing lights using the technique he planned to use on Jinora and Korra to destroy their souls.
Vaatu's fate is that he is bound to Raava again like she was to him while he was in that monster form. How much influence he has is up to whatever but Unalaq bit the dust.
>>
>>87535870
Season one was good. Season 3 was okay. Season 2 and 4 was cancer.
>>
>>87543890
>causes the disintegration of the largest nation on Earth

Wait, I don't remember her causing that, what happened?
>>
I still haven't watched the last two seasons yet, but I stopped partway throught Book 2 because everything besides the action was just... not good, to me. The romance stuff felt really forced (and unromantic even) from the start and the characters aren't as fun as Avatar. The fights were really great though, and it's good to hear that the last two seasons were better.
>>
>>87550911
She lets Wu dissolve the monarchy. This is after she let Kuvira run around for so long because she was feeling sorry for herself in the South Pole so it prolonged her healing otherwise she'd be running around like Aang did after literally dying in just a few weeks.
>>
https://youtu.be/D8OpQTpxe8g Check this out everyone.
>>
>>87545211
>Asami
>a better protagonist

Maybe? Asami was a really bland character though and If she had the same role it wouldn't have been better.
>>
>>87551161
What a lot of people who say such things forget is that Bryke would still be writing.

You could give them any character that you like and they'd run them into the ground with their writing.
>>
>>87550189
>Zahir was consistently great though
Every episode he was in he said something incredibly stupid and bending a liquid metal breaks the rules of bending.
>>
>>87551510
If they are only bending the impurities in the metal, it breaks the rules though, right?
If it really was just bending the impurities then Toph wouldn't be able to bend the metal like she did in Book 3 and Book 1's police force wouldn't be able to do what they do.
>>
>>87536165
How are you this fucking stupid? /co/ was extremely hyped for Korra and even after the first leaks of Season episode 1+2 there was major hype. You're obviously a moron and your opinion is disregarded.
>>
>>87551569
>If it really was just bending the impurities then Toph wouldn't be able to bend the metal like she did in Book 3 and Book 1's police force wouldn't be able to do what they do
I don't think you understand this. Bending is a very basic application of moving elements. If those elements are encased in something, then you can move that encasing with it. When you put a magnet inside a paper cup, you can still move that cup with another magnet.

But, if the casing is liquid, then the impurities would just be pulled out. Metalbending is a misnomer for shorthand, since every description makes a point that they can only bend the impurities, hence platinum's entire deal.
>>
>>87545313
>Lion
>Turtle
Do chimeras not count?
>>
>>87549979

>everybody loves the series until the flaws became apparent

Good catch captain obvious.
>>
>>87550932

>The fights were really great though, and it's good to hear that the last two seasons were better.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Ohohohohohohohoho.

Ahhhh... ahhh... you're a funny guy, Anon.

But the fight scenes are pretty cool, if you can get emotionally invested in how insanely retarded everything is.
>>
>>87552282
We need a spinoff series of all the villains henchmen Korra defeated teaming up to defeat the avatar.
>>
>>87552344
>henchmen Korra defeated
Is the joke that she didn't actually defeat anyone herself?
>>
>>87552362
>homisuicide
>deus ex x2
>airbenders

I'll give her the fourth one but she had a lot of support even in that one.
>>
>>87535870
>zaheer and kuvira
>villains

you fucked up, anon
>>
>>87551974
except they specifically say what animals they learned from
>Fire - dragons
>Air - sky bison
>Water - moon spirit (not an animal I know)
>Earth - badgermoles

also basically every animal in ATLA is a chimera
>>
>>87550738
Man you idiots will find any thing to hate this show its fucking pathetic >>87550759
>>
File: 1442876680101.png (854KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1442876680101.png
854KB, 1280x718px
>>87554565
She would have made the Earth Kingdom great again.
>>
File: tumblr_od23o3phj31umrd4ao2_1280.jpg (244KB, 1280x734px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od23o3phj31umrd4ao2_1280.jpg
244KB, 1280x734px
>>87556978
#MEKGA #KuviraBaatar16
>>
File: 1440507347010.jpg (446KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1440507347010.jpg
446KB, 1280x1811px
>>87557073
>I'm going to take the Earth Kingdom and replace it with something better. It's going to be huge.
>We're going to build a giant robot and we'll make the Water Tribe pay for it.
>Once again crooked Korra has shown her true colors. What was in those letters she received from the Future Industries CEO? Why won't she show us?
>>
>>87557260
>We're going to build a giant robot and we'll make the Water Tribe pay for it.
But she never had anything against the other nations. She just warned the other leaders to not cross the borders.
>>
>>87557283
>When the Water Tribe sends their people, they're not sending their best. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists. Ans some of them, I assume, are good people.
>>
>>87557335
>They're bringing drugs
>They're rapists

Do these exist in the avatar world?
>>
>>87557339
Cactus Juice

Coucilman Sokka was a known addict.
>>
>>87557351
And the rapists?
>>
File: Republic City News02.png (1MB, 1440x996px) Image search: [Google]
Republic City News02.png
1MB, 1440x996px
>>87557363
>>
>>87550759
>Disappeared into glowing lights using the technique he planned to use on Jinora and Korra to destroy their souls.
Unalaq used a dark variant, Korra used the normal purifying technique. Unalaq's dead but should reincarnate given he wasn't in the State proper.
>>
>>87546925
It wasn't Avatar state; Korra was on the exact same state, and she didn't even had Raava with her. Also, Bryke said Vaatu is inside the avatar now.
>>
Where did it go so wrong where everything in Avatar went so right? What were the creators thinking?
>>
>>87535870
>>87536165
wew, lads
>>
>>87551004
>She lets Wu dissolve the monarchy.

The hell should she have done? Forced him to be king?
>>
>>87559194
They didn't hire anyone else for season 1, and then Bryke hired yes-men it looks like.
>>
>>87551689
>Bending is a very basic application of moving elements
then how can firebenders create fire? bending is not just 'move stuff'.

>If those elements are encased in something, then you can move that encasing with it
clearly not the case of metalbending as:
1- they weren't able to bend the insides of the giant mecha from the outside
2- bending any metal should break it, as he is proposing (unless it has, like, 90% impurity, at which point it's not even metal), which goes against what Toph does; she is able to bend metal to perfectly fit her body.

While true that purity is a relevant element for bending earth, we don't know how it affects it.
>>
>>87560023
Not him but Fire bending seems to be the exception, and the only real difference is that they can produce heat, and then direct it.

By all means they should have been able to metal bend the insides of the mech from the outside. I can only assume there's a range on Earth bending or some that platinum jams earth bending somehow. It really doesn't make a lot of sense.
We just know that too pure metals can't be bend. Wether or not it should break doesn't matter too much since we're consistently told that to bend metals, you the impurities of earth within the metal. So they honestly shouldn't be able to bend a liquid metal like they did.
>>
Bait thread was super effective.

Seriously, season 1 was okay and then it all went down the shitter.

#Riddler&PenguinIsAMoreBelievableShip
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.