[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched this. Not a G.I. Joe fan in the least, but while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 21

File: Gijoemovieposter.jpg (39KB, 299x443px) Image search: [Google]
Gijoemovieposter.jpg
39KB, 299x443px
Just watched this. Not a G.I. Joe fan in the least, but while I recognize that it's kind of a shitty adaptation and a bad movie period, it was at least fun. And they got Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow right, from what I can tell. Easily the best parts about this movie.

Is the sequel worth watching too?
>>
>>87531311
the sequel is shit. They took out all the whacky entertaining elements of the first one to appeal to the actual fans and it ended up being even more terrible
>>
>>87531311
It's Cheaper but I would say it's a slightly better film.
>>
>>87531375
At least Pryce was funny. At least give it that.
>>
Also, OP here. What did /co/ think of it?
>>
>>87531311
>Is the sequel worth watching too?
Yeah.

This guy's full of shit: >>87531375
>>
>>87531375
2 is also saddled with sleepwalking Bruce Willis in an utterly pointless role. I hope they didn't pay too much for him.
>>
JGL was a goat Cobra Commander
>>
Sequel is vastly better then the first.
>>
OP WATCH 2 HERE... http://123movies.to/film/gi-joe-retaliation-2235/watching.html
>>
File: movie Hiss.jpg (120KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Hiss.jpg
120KB, 1920x800px
HISS TANKS!
>>
File: movie Hiss2.jpg (149KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Hiss2.jpg
149KB, 1920x800px
>>87532227
HISS TANKS
>>
File: movie Cobra Commander3.jpg (96KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Cobra Commander3.jpg
96KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: g-i-joe-retaliation-03-21-13-8.jpg (4MB, 3072x2044px) Image search: [Google]
g-i-joe-retaliation-03-21-13-8.jpg
4MB, 3072x2044px
Now THAT is a Cobra Commander.
>>
File: movie Major Bludd.jpg (56KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Major Bludd.jpg
56KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Cobra.jpg (177KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Cobra.jpg
177KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Cobra4.jpg (135KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Cobra4.jpg
135KB, 1920x800px
>tfw Cobra Commander created a world free of nuclear weapons.

A true hero.
>>
Ray Stevenson is mai husbando.
>>
>>87531311
Damned shame what they did to The Baroness.
>>
>>87531375
>They took out all the whacky entertaining elements of the first one to appeal to the actual fans

Oh no! They made it better just to please...ugh....fans!? I... I can't even.... I just....
>>
>>87531311

The first one's a piece of shit, the second one's actually pretty fun. Not perfect, but far closer to what a G.I. Joe movie should be about: wicked ninja fight scenes, bombastic action, Yo Joe, and Cobra Commander being an awesome villain.
>>
>>87532439
It's just too bad they had to kill everyone from the first movie to do it.
>>
>>87532468

Not really much of a loss.
>>
>>87532439
>wicked ninja fight scenes, bombastic action, Yo Joe, and Cobra Commander being an awesome villain
The first one already had all that stuff.
>>
>>87532530
Losing Quaid and The Baroness' tits is a huge loss. Especially the tits.
>>
>>87531375
You should think about killing yourself
>>
>>87531407
Personally, I hated it outside of Cobra Commander and Baroness. They went full 80s GI Joe with them and it helped a ton. Didn't care for them being siblings (or her being evil via brainwashing) but meh.

The Joes weren't any good. Granted they're usually the least interesting characters of any edition but they didn't even try to give them any chemistry outside of pushing Scarlett X Ripcord. Channing Tatum was fucking garbage as Duke

and fuck those power suits, I don't care if it's been beaten to death. Fuck 'em
>>
>>87531407
It's a serviceable action film, but disappointing because of a general unwillingness to "go there." It flirts with goofiness at times - Pryce playing Angry Birds during the summit, the HISS Tanks, Cobra Commander generally being played straight - but for every scene of the Rza talking about THU HARDU MASTARUHHH there are two scenes of boring people sitting and talking.

Also lord is it ever cheap. The comic-bookishness of the conclusion is offset by clearly being shot in some Louisiana craphole swamp with a generic interstate in the background. The trees outside the president's retreat in Vermont have Spanish moss on them. Do they take us for chumps?!

I was most peeved over how they treated Lady Jaye. The opening has her on the same ass-kicking footing as the other Joes. The rest of the movie she basically serves as a sexy diversion or sidekick to an old washed-up man (Bruce Willis). There's even a gratuitious shot of her thonged ass reflectes in a TV screen AND she gets to be the love interest of Flint, the most boringest Joe.

The Rock says there are about three different men who "are the only man I trust."

Whatshisface as Firefly was good. Scenery chewing! Kind of a requirement in a movie based on action figures.
>>
>>87532397
Whatd they do?
>>
>>87532816
>The Baroness' tits is a huge loss.

What tits, she wore a padded bra.
>>
>>87532918
>AND she gets to be the love interest of Flint
That's the comics, bub.
>>
>>87532918
>AND she gets to be the love interest of Flint, the most boringest Joe.

Nigger, you take that back!
>>
>>87532965
Who cares? It sucked in the movie. Even Larry Hama thought Flint was meh.
>>
>>87532802

Yeah, but in a bad way. The first one's Cobra Commander was shit.
>>
File: movie Cobra Commander.jpg (87KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Cobra Commander.jpg
87KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Destro.jpg (94KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Destro.jpg
94KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Duke.jpg (88KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Duke.jpg
88KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Snake Eyes.jpg (84KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Snake Eyes.jpg
84KB, 1920x800px
>>
>>87532950
She's Cobra Commander's sister, Duke's cocksleeve, not European, and doesn't serve Cobra willingly
>>
File: movie Storm Shadow.jpg (88KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Storm Shadow.jpg
88KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Lady Jaye.jpg (82KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Lady Jaye.jpg
82KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Roadblock.jpg (93KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Roadblock.jpg
93KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: movie Zartan.jpg (73KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
movie Zartan.jpg
73KB, 1920x800px
>>
>>87531311

First one is so bad it's good. You can criticize it all you want, and the criticisms will all be valid but you'll have so much fun making fun of the movie and enjoying it's cheesiness and stupidness that you won't care.

2nd one is technically a better movie in almost every way, but turn the franchise into just a sub-par action movie.

The first one you'll laugh at the shear stupidity of the movie and enjoy yourself, the 2nd one you'll just be bored.
>>
>>87532862
>Personally, I hated it outside of Cobra Commander and Baroness. They went full 80s GI Joe with them and it helped a ton.
Weren't those the ones they changed the most?
>>
>>87533111

Pretty much. Baroness is only recognizable because she's got black hair and wore black suit. Commander only appears near the end when there's an asspull tweeeeeest.
>>
>>87533149
>Commander only appears near the end when there's an asspull tweeeeeest.
That was so dumb.

And getting JGL to play him was so stupid. Although honestly, I did really like the voice he used for him. The guy's really good at changing his voice. If they'd just essentially kept him masked and made him more like the Cobra Commander that everyone likes, he could've done a pretty good job, honestly. But no, they had to do what they did because Hollywood.

I barely know anything about G.I. Joe, just saying.
>>
>>87531311
>And they got Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow right, from what I can tell. Easily the best parts about this movie.

Ironically, those two are the worst parts of the sequel.
>>
>>87533222
>Ironically, those two are the worst parts of the sequel.
No. Don't fucking tell me that's true.

I watched the first movie primarily just to see ninjas do some cool ninja shit. They really fucked up those two in the sequel?
>>
>>87533235
>I watched the first movie primarily just to see ninjas do some cool ninja shit.

If by cool ninja shit you mean some kind of exaggerated fights completely different from what one might expect an actual ninja to do, then yeah, it's got that.

But in terms of the characters' rolls in the story and their own, it feels really forced and out of place. And ultimately uninteresting compared to everything else going on.
>>
>>87533255
>If by cool ninja shit you mean some kind of exaggerated fights completely different from what one might expect an actual ninja to do, then yeah, it's got that.

>2016
>not wanting to see ninjas do Izuna Drops, perform acrobatics absolutely no actual human being could do, and kill motherfuckers with a katana in the modern age of warfare

>But in terms of the characters' rolls in the story and their own, it feels really forced and out of place. And ultimately uninteresting compared to everything else going on.
Damn. Well, we'll see when I watch it tomorrow.
>>
>>87533301
>2016
>not wanting to see ninjas do Izuna Drops, perform acrobatics absolutely no actual human being could do, and kill motherfuckers with a katana in the modern age of warfare

Yep. Given that I've put some time into actually studying ninja in a historical context a few years back, I particularly enjoy a more realistically accurate portrayal as opposed to the overly stylized BS tropes that both Hollywood and Japan constantly use with Ninja. So yeah, the stuff they used with them in G.I. Joe movies was very gimmicky and lame to my eyes.
>>
>>87533401
Whatever floats your boat.

I know that shit isn't accurate to history at all. I don't care, because it's badass as fuck.
>>
>>87533401
> I particularly enjoy a more realistically accurate portrayal as opposed to the overly
Yes, this what I look for in a GI Joe film too.
>>
File: 43810132_p24.jpg (185KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
43810132_p24.jpg
185KB, 800x1135px
>>87531375
Fuck off the second one was better, it as cutie Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes with a decent costume, no shitty love story. Based Roadblock and Flint, No annoying Wayans brother, a good Cobra Commander, Firefly and Joe mothereffing Colton.

The only thing the first one got good was Stormshadow and Snake Eyes relationship.

But fuck if they do a reboot I hope they keep Lee Byung-hun, The Rock, Adrianne Palicki, DJ Cotrona, Willis, Ray Stevenson, and Ray Park for costume Snake Eyes, everyone else can GTFO.
>>
>>87532273

That strut when he's calmly escaping.
>>
>>87533401
It's fucking GI Joe it's not going to have anything realistic, even the motherfucking soldiers aren't realistic.
>>
>>87531375
>whacky entertaining elements

This. And I'm not even a GI Joe, never read a comic, never saw a cartoon. I just wanted something that would entertain and amuse me the way that the Robot Chicken shit does (even if I don't get all the in jokes).
>>
>>87531311
I saw them a few years ago and I liked them. I never seen the original GI Joe, so I don't know whether it's a bad adaptation, but Renegades is in my top animated series list
>>
File: nofucksgiventoday.jpg (23KB, 935x473px) Image search: [Google]
nofucksgiventoday.jpg
23KB, 935x473px
>>87534271

It amazes me how much I love the extended cut of the second one more. It just adds so much more to it. It adds a bit more to Jinx, Storm Shadow, and Zartan.

Still, all the actors playing the villains looked like they had a ball in it. Plus they were the best part.

But.. the best scene-stealer in the sequel was dat warden.
>>
File: Cobra Commander.jpg (186KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cobra Commander.jpg
186KB, 720x540px
>>87534478
You should check it out sometime anon. There was some good stuff in there.

https://a.pomf.cat/ivoann.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/jwgzen.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/wvpury.webm
>>
>>87531311
Rachel Nichols was fucking hot in it. That was enough for me
>>
>>87535529
>dat warden.
Walton Goggins is GOAT
>>
>>87535627
All the women were hot in it.
>>
>>87531311

I didn't see it because I have a strict "No Wayans Bros Movies" rule.

And this was a Wayans Bros movie directed by Stephen Sommers. All the more reason to avoid it.
>>
>>87531375
How does it feel to live your day to day life while being so wrong?
>>
Dammit, /co/. This is like the third G.I. Joe movie thread in as many days. I'm going to end up watching both, but only really enjoying the second, again at this rate.

>>87532347
My god, Zartan was a magnificent bastard in that nuclear disarmament scene.
>>
>>87535529
>the extended cut of the second one
Was this on the Blu-Ray or something? I've got a copy I bought from a video rental place for like $2 and it has no features or anything.
>>
File: Retaliation - Jinx 04.jpg (541KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Retaliation - Jinx 04.jpg
541KB, 1024x683px
>>87537472
It was a Target-Exclusive Extended Cut. Should be pretty easy to find. And yeah, it's way, way better than the theatrical cut.
>>
>>87537524
oh hey, it's Elektra
>>
>>87537524
It was Best Buy exclusive Blu Ray in the US.
>>
>>87531311
Second one had a better Cobra presence, with a full-on Cobra Commander.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.