[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>called "the endless" >aren't actually endless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: endless.png (485KB, 655x356px) Image search: [Google]
endless.png
485KB, 655x356px
>called "the endless"
>aren't actually endless

Why is this allowed?
>>
Yeah they are, Destruction went crazy and decided to go explore the universe and just be absent. He packed his sigils into his little lunch bag thing on a stick and flew away at the end of that issue.
>>
>>87530356

>Yeah they are

They all agree they aren't in that panel with the possible exception of their sister.
>>
I think they are referring to the end of an aspect of them, the one associated with that universe version.
They will eventually come back again incarnated as an new aspect of their essence as when a new universe is born
>>
>>87531004
a new universe doesn´t have to have people, making desire, dream, despair and delirium impossible to exist, even destruction and death can be avoided in a very bizarre and crazy kid of universe
>>
>>87530313

By all intents and purposes, they are endless. If the universe ends, there is no time anymore. Death gets to be around an instant longer than anything else, because time is measured in instants. Instants are defined by a beginning and an end (although the end can be seen as a beginning), so Death would basically allow time itself to move.

I think it's a little inconsistent. Somewhere in the first volumes she or someone else said that she'd been around since the first living thing came to be. Her role was probably later generalized to include abstract endings themselves.
>>
The way Dream died and then came back used to fuck me up. Couldn't wrap my head around it.

But now I suppose it's a bit like the Doctor's regeneration. Dream isn't Morpheus anymore, but he will never forget when he was Morpheus.
>>
>>87530815

Dream says "So we suppose", which implies that they don't know.
>>
>>87530356
>Destruction went crazy and decided to go explore the universe and just be absent.

He should have done that long ago, right after he raped Delight.
>>
>>87533879
I think it's supposed to be along the lines of Dream knew he had to change to survive and grow but he couldn't because of his nature and being an endless. The only way he could change is to just let someone else be him, I think.
>>
>>87531950
>even destruction and death can be avoided in a very bizarre and crazy kid of universe
Death can't, because of Destiny.
>>
>>87534761
But we do, we've seen it.
Death, there at the end of everything, ready to shut off the lights and lock the door on her way out.
>>
>>87534951
An hallucination.
>>
File: At the end of all things.png (2MB, 966x811px) Image search: [Google]
At the end of all things.png
2MB, 966x811px
>>87535583
No, I'm pretty sure it's not. There's even at least one witness, and Destiny, whatever you want to call him.
>>
File: Of Tea and Death.png (2MB, 1126x586px) Image search: [Google]
Of Tea and Death.png
2MB, 1126x586px
>>87535618
He even brings it up again later.

Also, that top she's wearing is killing me.
>>
>>87535640
>Killing
>>
>>87533675
>I think it's a little inconsistent.
It's more than a little inconsistent, it changes depending on what Gaiman thought would sound deep at any given moment. Destiny is the oldest sibling yet somehow won't outlast Death even though that would make more sense, or then again in another issue there'll be another implication? It's all jerry-rigged as fuck, down to the fact that Gaiman would powercreep Death because she was a cute goth girl which was both his and his audience's fetish/self insert. If you're looking for a consistent metaphysics or real philosophical insight you're looking in the wrong place.
>>
>>87534771
>he raped Delight.
Wait, He did that?
>>
>>87536238
He destroyed that pussy so hard that he felt he doesnt need to destroy anything ever again
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.