[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ed, Edd, and Eddy fuck up on such a grand scale that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

>Ed, Edd, and Eddy fuck up on such a grand scale that the entire cul-de-sac, even Johnny, want them dead.
>They even go so far as to track the Eds down after they split town just to get their revenge.
>Grand finale, everyone's at the amusement park.
>They're about to finally beat the Ed, Edd, and especially Eddy to hell and back.
>Then Eddy's brother steps out of his trailer.
>The kids witness Eddy's brother beat them up a little bit.
>A hell of a lot less than they themselves were about to do to them.
>Not even any worse than they themselves beat up the Eds several times during the show.
>This causes them to forgive Eddy completely and befriend the Eds.

I don't get it. Maybe it's my actual autism, but I don't see how witnessing somebody get beat up is grounds for immediate forgiveness and friendship, especially since they were literally JUST about to thrash them themsleves before Bro shows up.
>>
>>87522492
A much bigger question really is why is Ed and Double D even hang out with Eddy. Eddy is the one who comes up with all these scams against the cul-de-sac to earn money to buy jawbreakers.

When I only Ed and Double D alone together they just do harmless things like: showing the power of gravity, getting Ed through a labyrinth just by smelling with his nose or checking the mechanic function of Eds robotic toys.

Double D seems like a really friendly person who have got a good friendly connection with the cul-de-sac. Ed also seems to have some kind of friendly connection with the cul-de-sac, not much as Double D but still. Eddy seems to be the guy who get a lot of hate and anger against the cul-de-sac for obvious reasons.

If Ed and Double D really wanted to they could had leaved Eddy and joined rest of the cult-de-sac. They would have to redeem themselves, but in the end they would could ending up becoming a a part of the cult-de-sac.
>>
>>87522946
Eh, the pool party episode way back in Season 1 showed that Edd and Ed were still awkward weirdos even without Eddy's influence.
>>
>>87522492
They're all kids. They do that shit, and expect it from one another.

Eddy's brother is a grown ass man.
>>
>>87522492
Probably just cartoon logic, but could also be because of the how instead of the what.

They were going to thrash the Ed-boys for something they did bad and were trying to escape, with the intentions of punishment clear, the way it normally goes down. But with the older brother, Eddy was getting mocked and beaten up just because he was there, and he was literally on his knees begging for help.
And Eddy's brother was being completely two-faced about it, going "sure, I'll help my little bro", then smacking him worse and more humiliatingly.
There was obviously something worse going on there than just a beating.

Could have also been something like, "shit, Eddy would rather go through this than take our punishment? Maybe we should just not."
>>
>>87522492
>I don't get it. Maybe it's my actual autism, but I don't see how witnessing somebody get beat up is grounds for immediate forgiveness and friendship, especially since they were literally JUST about to thrash them themsleves before Bro shows up.

That's exactly it, Eddy's brother wasn't hurting Eddy for any reason. It wasn't like he found out about what the Eds did and decided Eddy needed comeuppance, he literally just started beating the shit out of Eddy for no reason other than because he knew Eddy needed his help. Not only the physical, but he was emotionally fucking with Eddy as well, every time Eddy asked him to stop he was like "Oh, so you DON'T want my help, then?".

That shit is hard to justify even if it's someone you hate.
>>
>>87522492
It's kind of like having a bully in middle school and realizing that he has an extremely abusive father.
They felt pity.
>>
>>87522492

Because it was Eddy's brother that beat them up. Punishment from a family member, in public no less, is a big deal.
>>
>>87522492
They realized that's why he was such a dick
>>
>>87522946
Ed is too stupid and carefree to notice or care that Eddy is a jerk. Edd is a nerd that no one else really wants to be around.

All three Eds are stuck with each other because no one else will hang out with them.
>>
File: 9491151bigp.jpg (30KB, 200x270px)
9491151bigp.jpg
30KB, 200x270px
Regardless of how you feel about the ending, this was one comfy as fuck movie. Any objections?
>>
File: really.gif (471KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
471KB, 400x250px
>>87526247
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Ed-Edd-n-Eddy-s-Big-Picture-Show/Movie?id=26333
In case anyone else wants to watch it.
God damn; forgot how good this movie was.

>That fucking intro.
>Eds' bonds being tested and overall prevailing.
>Nazz getting a character and Kevin losing his Chad-Thundercock status.
>Jimmy and Sarah getting some payback for their years of being annoying shits and becoming good characters by the end.
>The Kankers actually living up to their girlfriend part and going straight up into terminator mode to track down the kids that want to hurt their boyfriends.
>Plank confirmed for being alive.
>Wilfred being tired of Rolf's admittingly funny shit.
>EVERYTHING about the ending from Eddy's Bro to the kid's accepting the Eds.
>Fulfilling the "Wizard In OZ" references.
>The Gourd in its entirety.

This was a fucking perfect movie to end a franchise on.
>>
>>87522492
Slapstick is all about reactions, and the reactions of the other kids watching clues the audience in that this isn't business as usual. Also the music choices, the directing, the acting... there's a lot going on here to point the audience towards the conclusion the movie wants them to reach, that this is beyond the pale and Not Okay.
>>
>>87526520
Agreed
>>
File: 1306613284704.png (180KB, 478x340px) Image search: [Google]
1306613284704.png
180KB, 478x340px
>>87522492
no one likes sloppy seconds
Bro did a lot worse than anything they could imagine, they were just gonna thrash him, Eddy thought he was safe with Bro but got tortured
they realized that Eddy might be such a dick because his brother
>>
File: 1448842765331.jpg (407KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1448842765331.jpg
407KB, 746x982px
>we wil never get the complete series on blu-ray

Feels fucking bad, man.
>>
>>87522946
they're a band of misfits
they have no one but each other
>>
>>87528227
*will
>>
>>87526247
>>87526520

I remember some anon describing it as almost a coming of age tale where the journey brings everyone into maturity. The Eds are the most obvious, but all the neighborhood kids are changed by the chase and come to be better, mature people by the end. The exception is Jonny, who can't let go of his immaturity and instead plays more and more pretend games with his becoming The Gourd.

It was more impressive when that anon said it, but you get the gist.
>>
>>87526520
pretty much the only thing I would have changed would have been a proper resolution between the Eds and the Kankers, rather than the really awkward pseudo-date rape joke involving the Kankers and Eddy's Brother after he get knocked out

also the stuff with Johnny just felt kinda weird and ill-fitting
>>
>>87522946
The other two are social rejects, despite their genuinely kind personalities. Eddy has all the charisma. Also they seem to genuinely enjoy the scams from time to time, since it give Edd an outlet for his inventions and Ed just likes to do whatever. Eddy and Edd do have episodes where they bicker or butt heads though.
>>
>>87528215
Also a chance some of the kids knew Eddy's brother, at least by hearsay. I mean shit, remember the season 3 episode when Eddy was telling everyone his brother was coming home for a bit? Most of them were alternating between panicking or sucking up to Eddy the instant he mentioned it, Rolf in particular looking like he's about ready for World War 3.

Plus the ending where Eddy thinks his brother really did come back and nearly shits himself.
>>
File: fridgehorror_7453.png (2KB, 348x227px) Image search: [Google]
fridgehorror_7453.png
2KB, 348x227px
>>87528583
I just thought of this, but the implications of Rolf in particular battening down the hatches... Eddy's brother killed animals, didn't he?
>>
>>87528583
Rolf always seemed a little older than everyone else, I always thought he was the only one that had any first hand experience with Eddy's brother.

Rolf being afraid of something is a big deal.
>>
>>87528665

Probably. Specifically Rolf's chickens, since he makes a point to have Eddy tell his brother they don't exist
>>
>>87528848
>Murdering chickens
>Cue ptsd flashbacks
>>
File: expand dededong.jpg (31KB, 554x378px) Image search: [Google]
expand dededong.jpg
31KB, 554x378px
>>87526520
>In the end, Kevin carries off Edd, Rolf carries off Eddy and Ed is carried off by Nazz and Sarah.
>Kevin by far was the most antagnostic of the Eds, but has always had a soft spot for Double Dee, like when he drops Eddy's spare house keys for Kevin to use to beat up Ed and Eddy who mocked him in "A Case Of Ed", was actually seen talking with him like a normal person with laughter even in "Luck Of The Ed", and also even helped Kevin get rid of his fear of needles by using Eddy as a "volunteer" in "This Will Only Hurt A Ed".
>Ed was one of the few characters who never really seemed that focused on getting her to like him save for the intro episode of her appearance, so of course she will feel most comfortable around him as he more or less justs wants to hang out with people he likes regardless of looks.
>Sarah always did have a soft spot for Ed, and vise versa, with the former actually fearing for Ed's life during the haunted house incident and enjoying when he eats yogurt from his belly button (as weird as that may sounds), and Ed constantly fearing and respecting her. Now it's a mutual love.
>Rolf and Eddy always had a sort of rivalry for who was the most macho of the two, like the manliness competition from "The Good, The Bad, and the Ed" and within the Urban Rangers in "Urban Ed", the fight for Rolf's honor in "Duelin' Eds" and in a way, Rolf giving the cursed phone to Eddy in "Sorry, Wrong Ed" showed some sign of respect for his strength and durability. They even have the same color scheme.

Not quite the clearest of choices, but I think this was at least worth speaking up about.
>>
>>87528848
>>87529005
He's also not fond of wolves. Don't know why...
>>
All of you are autists.

The kids ended up accepting the Eds, not only because Eddy's brother is a physically and emotionally abusive cunt, but because they finally saw with their own eyes who Eddy's role model was.

Eddy never had a chance of being cool looking up to somebody like that. The sight of Eddy being creamed and humiliated by the very person he had been vocally idolizing for years humanized him in their eyes.

Eddy's brother became the enemy and the enemy of their enemy became their friend.
>>
>>87522492
It was more them realizing that Eddy was straight up abused by his brother, I think. Made their hate turn to pity.
>>
File: 60e.gif (886KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
60e.gif
886KB, 480x364px
>>87522946
Because in the old season 1 dynamic they actually liked each other. Eddy had two lackeys that looked up to him and thought he was genuinely cool and clever. Ed and Double D had two people that appreciated their talents/interests and didn't treat them like a loser. They hung out together not only because they were social outcasts, but also because they wanted to be friends. You can see them playing make believe in the junkyard, reading magazines and comics together. Double D sees Ed upset over not getting to see a movie and consoles him instead of saying "you shouldn't be interested in that vile practice anyway". Eddy sees Ed working up in a tree without a helmet and chastises him because it's not safe.

In the later seasons you get the feeling that each Ed only tolerates the other two because they're the only ones who will tolerate him. Eddy sells the other two out constantly for personal gain. Double D won't hesitate to get Eddy and Ed into trouble if they break a rule. Ed is too stupid to notice how the other two feel. It stopped being three misfits-turned-friends and became a greedy asshole bossing around a retard and a bitchy wimp.

I mean, the later seasons are way fucking funnier, but still.
>>
>>87529506
I feel like they played into that decay as the seasons went on though, especially the school stuff. The movie wrapped that with the huge fight Edd and Eddy had in the swamp
>>
Why does he wear the hat? If I take it off, will he die?
>>
>>87529787
Never specified, but he can remove it without dying. He just refuses to be seen without something covering his head
>>
>>87529884
He's a big guy.
>>
>>87529921
With a big scotum, that stretches all the way to the top of his head.
>>
>>87529786
That's one of the best things about the movie, it addresses basically everything negative that happened throughout the series, all the decay, and resolves it astoundingly neatly.
>>
>>87522492
None of the explanations so far are really good at explaining why a bunch of kids suddenly decided to start liking a kid they all previously hated.
They're kids, a pounding from an older brother should make no change in perception.
>>
>>87529956
After that happened, I doubt there would be any survivors.
>>
>>87530199
He didn't fly so good, shoot someone and throw them off a plane, THE FIRE RISES!, Get this Hothead outta here.

Any I'm missing?
>>
>>87530114
Several days had passed between the actual incident and when they caught up to the Eds. Most of the initial rage just died with time, at that point it was just going to be a regular beating that they always get. So when Eddy's brother shows up and starts beating the tar out of Eddy, at that moment it seemed excessive. Had he beaten the shit out of Eddy mere minutes after the scam, they probably wouldn't have seen it as horrible as it was.

Rage is a hard thing to maintain over multiple days, anon.
>>
>>87530114
Kids pick up on shit. Say, for instance, I guy you didn't like suddenly got hit so hard he lost a few teeth. Unless you literally wanted him dead you'd probably not be cool with that, right?

Plus the kids have had pretty flexible opinions about the Eds for ages. They do always participate in the scams.
>>
>>87530240
You're not allowed to bring friends.
>>
>>87530114
While I didn't like the ending for similar reasons, I think about it like this:

remember that the Cul De Sac kids already knew who Eddy's Brother was and were deathly afraid of him, even Kevin. That was established WAY back. There's a reason why when Eddy beat them there, they basically decided to give up on chasing the Ed Boys.

Then he clobbers Eddy, and Ed and Double D stand up for their friend and get rid of him. In that tense moment, they'd gain a lot of respect for the trio.
>>
All this stuff here is about them not being okay with someone being beaten on, I think anon might have been missing what happened with that scene.

Eddy and the rest of the kids constantly made it clear how cool they considered Eddy's brother, and when the guy shows up Eddy is immediately bowing and scraping in a way that they've never quite seen him do before.

They didn't feel bad for Eddy because someone else was doing the beating, it was because they realized This Is Why He's Like This
>>
>>87522492
Finally, thank you! I'm the only one who ever makes this complaint.
>>
>>87523093
>They're all kids. They do that shit, and expect it from one another.
Uhhh, no kids ever kicked my ass or tried to lynch me.
>>
>>87522492
Eddy's brother raped him, that's why he is like he is.
>>
>>87528111
Yo, the scene before this Eddy grumbles "I'm getting tired of all this slapstick." The violence directly afterwards is portrayed seriously.
>>
The only thing that bothers me is that Edd and Eddy are not proper ways to spell those names.
>>
>>87536635
Edward, Eddward, and Edward
Eddy is just a nickname.
>>
>>87522492
The kids and Eddy had a monolithic image of Eddy's brother in their heads. When they finally meet him, they see that he's just another bully and Eddy is a victim.
>>
>>87526520
Nazz trying to get Kevin's attention is annoying me
>>
>>87530601
This.

Eddy always acted stuck up because of how "cool" his brother was.

They thought he acted that way because he felt superior.

They then realised he acted that way because he was very emotionally crippled from being beaten by his brother.
>>
>>87530462
Actually, none of the kids remembered Eddy's brother because they were all too young at the time, and only had what Eddy said to go off of.

The only kid old enough to remember, Rolf, acted accordingly when Eddy said his brother was coming to town, by locking up all the animals and hiding in the basement.
>>
Looks like I just have the minority opinion, but the movie just didn't do much for me.

I guess the main thing is, I loved the "anything goes" playfulness of the show. The episode's plots were so unpredictable and off-the-wall. So when the movie had a more focused plotline, it just sucked a lot of the FUN & spontaneity out of the story for me.
& I never really wanted a hackneyed Freudian "he had an abusive childhood, so that explains everything!" outcome for Eddy.

But whatever, it's nice that Ed Edd n Eddy got a movie at all.
>>
Y'all seem to be missing the big part at the end where Eddy admits to lying about his brother because he wanted to be cool and have the rest of the kids like him
>>
>>87541300
This.
The confession in and of itself is enough reason to start being nicer to him.
>>
>>87533335
must be nice
>>
>>87526247
Everything EEnE is comfy, but the movie especially so.
Night of the Were Ed manages to be really comfy too.
>>
The fandom was just happy The Eds got a happy ending, no matter how convoluted it was, plus I felt Big Bro got off easy (In more ways than one)
>>
>>87533335
fckn citykids growing up without no cul-de-sac and whatnot
...'n buildings
>>
File: 1469551877517.jpg (10KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
1469551877517.jpg
10KB, 288x306px
>>87526520
Not a single word was incorrect in that post.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.