[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys buy in to the theory this movie is actually a parody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: veryangry.jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
veryangry.jpg
48KB, 720x960px
Do you guys buy in to the theory this movie is actually a parody of the European immigration crisis, international politics and a harsh commentary on political correctness?

I do. It adds a whole layer of fun on top of what is sort of just an average animated comedy, and looking out for all the possible symbolism makes it interesting to watch.
>>
>>87522280
That's stupid. You're stupid.
>>
Definitely noticed it in the trailers. Haven't seen it because, well it's a stupid kids movie and i'm 30, but I wondered if there was going to be any controversy because of that.
>>
>>87522280
That's stupid anon! you're stupid!
>>
>>87522327
What is wrong with choosing to interpret a movie a certain way to derive more enjoyment out of it?

If the Lego Movie can end up having themes of conformity, higher power and a whole bunch of other shit that people have interpreted it as having I don't see why it's so offense that the Angry Birds movie might be a little more aware than it lets on.
>>
>>87522280
mega?
>>
I don't believe it was intentional, but it's certainly a lot more fun to watch it with that mindset.
>>
>>87522392
Themes of conformity, higher power, etc. didn't need to be interpreted in the Lego Movie because they were explicit themes.
>>
File: chuck.jpg (40KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
chuck.jpg
40KB, 540x405px
I loved Chuck.
>>
>>87522475
That's gay anon, you're gay!
>>
>>87522447
My point is, the movie has lots of messages, many of which people have thought of that aren't exactly skin-deep.

You can argue Angry Birds' messages are pretty blatant too. But in the end, I think the movie just encourages critical thinking and skepticism, which isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>87522280
It seems to me like this is all just overanaylzing for the sake of confirmation bias, but I haven't seen the movie so it could all be true.
I'm never going to watch it regardless, so I ultimately don't care.
>>
>>87522475
Was he actually gay?
>>
I think it's the opposite actually, in that the zeitgeist is to associate angry people, and disliking outsiders who are doing bad shit with racists.
>>
>>87522356
>it's a stupid kids movie and i'm 30
Why are you here?
>>
File: chuck2.gif (2MB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
chuck2.gif
2MB, 450x254px
>>87522673
He was gay enough.
>>
I can see how people can reach this interpretation, but I think they were going for the opposite.

King Leonard is your typical greedy European ruler, exploiting natives, telling his people they're backwards savages, hoarding wealth for himself, and justifying everything by virtue of birth. The stuff people point out- the "coexist" sticker and "Hamnesty International"- are just examples of kings justifying their conquest under the guise of paternal interest (the white man's burden) or generosity.
>>
File: bird_matilda.png (45KB, 420x410px) Image search: [Google]
bird_matilda.png
45KB, 420x410px
I like the visual aesthetic. They cheat a lot with the beaks making them asymmetrical and if you were to actually freeze the model in place and rotate it around it would look bizarre at most angles. But they treat it like 2D.
>>
>>87526198
That's the fun thing about interpretation, it can mean plenty of different things from different angles.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-06-21h21m48s765.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-06-21h21m48s765.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>87522673
>fantasizes about mighty eagle as a stripper
>then getting his chest signed
>continues rubbing himself at the thought

think its a safe bet there
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.