[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amethyst's pain>>>>Pearl's pain. Imagine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 35

File: CCFcHO-UoAAoqv4.jpg (19KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CCFcHO-UoAAoqv4.jpg
19KB, 600x338px
Amethyst's pain>>>>Pearl's pain.

Imagine if you not only failed your purpose, but you never even got a chance to try. You live by yourself for hundreds of years until you meet someone who gives you compassion, the first you've ever gotten in your life. The first thing you learn from them is that your home, your entire existence is wrong. Every criticism bites at you even harder. You take them to heart, because if you can't be a Homeworld Gem, and you can't be a Crystal Gem, you have nowhere to go. Until one day you give up. You decide to bottle it all up, and take it in stride. The one person who you can look to for help dies, and leaves behind her son, the only person who you are able to relate too. You are constantly reminded that you are the product of something bad, and that you wouldn't even be fit for Homeworld due to your size. The one person that you can confide in, Steven, starts to grow to levels that you can't reach, and you can feel him slipping into the same area that you have subconsciously placed Pearl and Garnet. You truly are alone.

Now imagine you're Pearl.

You're thirsty.
>>
File: 70f.jpg (39KB, 581x555px) Image search: [Google]
70f.jpg
39KB, 581x555px
>>87522232
>>
>>87522232
:'(
>>
>>87522232
And then you torture your friend's emotionally broken father over and over again by shapeshifting into his wife

Both amethyst and pearl are shit tier, but amethyst is the absolute worst
>>
>>87522232
Imagine being 6,000 years old and being less mature than some 14 year kid

Why are the Crystal Gems so garbage? Well beside Garnet I guess.
>>
File: brokensteven.png (63KB, 498x459px) Image search: [Google]
brokensteven.png
63KB, 498x459px
>>87522464
Hello Jello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpQ_FwoPAU
>>
>>87522581
Is it wrong? Amethyst is shit.

Pearl is a fucking autist and is a twat to Greg, but she's (now) trying.

the only thing amethyst has ever tried at is being a bigger cunt than last time
>>
>>87522682
>Amethyst doesn't try

Amethyst spent an entire episode building that stickbitch Pearl's self esteem. She defended her during the Sardonyx shit, she has been more and more helpful on the team, she trained her ass off to beat Jasper and eventually DID beat Jasper, etc. Wtf has Pearl done recently? Sperg out at a hotel and sing a sad song?
>>
Garnet>>>>>Amethyst>>>>>>literal shit>>Pearl

At least Amethyst is fun and actually supportive of Steven. Amethyst doesn't make him feel guilty about Rose's death like Pearl constantly does
>>
>>87522232
>tfw born with dyspraxia, asthma and a non-verbal learning disability

As someone with experience in being born wrong/fucked up, I do kind of sympathise with Amethyst a lot. It's the pain of knowing that no matter how hard you try, you're just naturally never going to be good at some things and, even if you give things 200% effort, you'll only make a fraction of the process as a lot of people do with only 50% effort. You just want to prove your worth somehow so that people aren't quick to write you off as being incapable of achieving.
>>
>>87522718
>she trained her ass off to beat Jasper
she put her hair in a ponytail and salted the training arena heavily for a while while continuing to be a cunt

>>87522745
>Amethyst is fun and actually supportive of Steven
yeah, remember when stevonnie beat off jasper after amethyst got poofed? that was really fun for steven afterward, what with the parade and everything amethyst threw for him
>>
>>87522789
Pearlfags everyone
>>
>>87522835
not a pearlfag, just acknowledging that someone deliberately using psychological manipulation while pretending to be a victim is objectively the worst in a group.

garnet is clearly the best.
>>
File: tumblr_oe8sqgge8y1ug00gpo1_1280.png (321KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe8sqgge8y1ug00gpo1_1280.png
321KB, 1280x726px
>>87522789
Meanwhile Pearl rebuilds the communication hub and splinters the team for 5 whole episodes because she was really thirsty for some Garnet booty, not only endangering the team, but throwing a wrench into Ruby and Sapphires relationship, making Amethyst feel like crap, and making Steven feel like it's his fault.

Reminder that Amethyst's first instinct was to DEFEND Pearl for the shit she pulled.
>>
>>87522969
>shitty person defending another person's shitty behavior

gosh
>>
File: 1472236408780.gif (310KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1472236408780.gif
310KB, 720x405px
>>87522969
I sort of relate to Pearl because I'd murder people with my bare hands to touch Garnet's booty
>>
File: 1478398858968.png (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478398858968.png
80KB, 640x480px
>>87523017
>its okay when Pearl does it

Pearlfags truly have no sense of loyalty or decency it seems.
>>
>>87523066
I don't think your reading comprehension is so good
>>
>>87522969
Garnet was also at fault there, staying salty about MUH FUSION and all.
>>
>>87522232
>You are constantly reminded that you are the product of something bad
Amethyst's backstory seriously reminded me of what it's like to be a straight white guy in a blue state, which is ironic, because Tumblr loves this show.
>>
>>87522745
Amethyst > Pearl > Lars > Peridot > Garnet > Lapis
>>
>>87523109
>amethyst does something shitty for clear, emotionally charged reasons, Pearl freaks out on her
>Pearl literally never does anything for Amethyst
>yeah, show no mercy pearl, amethyst is horrible

>pearl does something even shittier for unrelatable, ridiculous reasons
>amethyst feels bad for her friend despite their past arguments and tries to deflect the blame to herself
>later spends an entire episode trying to help Pearl get laid
>amethyst proves to be worst yet again xdd

You're letting waifuism blind you. Pearl is the w o r s t.
>>
nu amethyst is so fucking trashy. she needs to take care of herself and do her hair.
>>
>>87523156
>staying salty about MUH FUSION and all
Yeah how fucking dare she be upset that her friend lied to her about something that is literally a fundamental part of her being

This shit is why Ruby was so upset, Garnet apparently isn't allowed to be upset about anything because Pearl is sad
>>
>>87522232
Amethyst is the most relatable gem desu. Pearl's angst is so overblown and given so much attention that it's now tedious having to sit through another "muh Rose" episode.
>>
>>87523187
>Lars
Strange inclusion but ok
>>
>>87523246
That's the thing about being a leader, you shouldn't prioritize emotions to the well-being of the team. Pearl is garbage and what she did was garbage, but because Garnet insisted staying salty about what happened, it negatively affected the team.
>>
>>87522232
I know you're being a waifufag but let's be real. Amethyst deals with the emotional baggage of feeling like a mistake and having a dead mom.

Pearl deals with the emotional baggage of having been a slave and having a dead lover (Not in the sense that they fucked, but that Pearl loved the ever loving shit out of Rose for thousands of years)

Their suffering, constant fuck ups and minor improvements are on about the same scale. It's just a matter of who you like more. I switch between the two frequently so I've just decided to settle on best girl >>87522291
>>
>>87523213
nigga just because amethyst is the worst gem doesn't mean I think pearl is the best gem.

amethyst is the worst. pearl is the second worst.

>waifuism
>defending amethyst this hard and insisting anyone who thinks amethyst is shit must be a pearlfag

you sure are projecting
>>
>>87523272
It's a better metric than "shit".
Some people actually LIKE shit.
>>
File: wapiss wazoolee.png (477KB, 331x344px) Image search: [Google]
wapiss wazoolee.png
477KB, 331x344px
>>87523367
For example. (Pic related.)

Amethyst might be terrible, but nothing can compare with how the creators handled Lapis' character and backstory later on.
>>
>>87523481
Give me the low down on Lapis, what did they fuck up with?
>>
File: bestgems.png (346KB, 865x666px) Image search: [Google]
bestgems.png
346KB, 865x666px
>>87523363
I assumed you were a Pearlfag because you argue like a Pearlfag. I am a Jasperfag if anything, but that doesn't mean I spend all my time shilling against Rose Quartz.

Amethyst is just an interesting character to me in the way she has progressed as a character and the differences in her actions now and before. The way that people try to delegitimize her problems and use thems as criticisms for her character while Pearl is somehow relatable or sympathetic is dumb to me.

I actually have nothing against Pearl as a character.
>>
I relate to both, on a personal level
>>
>>87523530
Lapis is a cunt, but she was a cunt since the first episode she was introduced. I think people disappointed with her character now just didn't realize she was an unlikable bitch from the get go.
>>
File: y.png (271KB, 712x438px) Image search: [Google]
y.png
271KB, 712x438px
>>87523267
This.
Three Gems and a Baby will probably have some of this, but maybe not too much if we're lucky.
On side note, I've noticed that Jasper isn't showing up much in recent crewniverse art, is this the end?
>>
>>87523928
>On side note, I've noticed that Jasper isn't showing up much in recent crewniverse art, is this the end?
You're being worked.
>>
File: 1471041785794.png (621KB, 674x891px) Image search: [Google]
1471041785794.png
621KB, 674x891px
>>87523966
I certainly hope so.
>>
File: beta lapis.png (67KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
beta lapis.png
67KB, 500x281px
>>87523530
Well, from what I have seen so far, (obviously, nobody thinks the same.) she is still a pretty vague gem in terms of her backstory and personality.

She has also done all of these heinous things that people seem to brush off or forget about, like almost drowning Steven and Connie despite not knowing how humans function at all. She also stole the ocean and broke Greg's leg, all while in the end simply wanting to go home while acting like a goddamn damsel as well.

She is also very fickle with how she presents herself, especially after her experience with Malachite. She can go from sweet little innocent girl to mopey deadpan teenager in 3 seconds flat, or to whatever is convenient at the time.

The creators also REALLY rushed the whole Barn Mates thing with Lapis and Peridot.
So, yeah. The creators are doing a whole lot better with Lapis' character at this moment in time, but that first impression of her was very impactful, and not in a good way. Lastly, her backstory was very weak and vague. I know that they only have ten minutes to show each episode but it definitely could have been handled a whole lot better.

TL;DR Lapis is a very convenient gem in the worst way possible and Steven should probably ask her a lot more questions.
>>
>>87523530
>Implying this is even a fair comparison.
Peri was literally always a nerd and a grunt, and if you didn't call her joining as the team's punching bag by her second appearance that's entirely on you.
>>
Amethyst: Walking abortion
Pearl: Defective homicidal sex toy
>>
File: 1285119577404.png (88KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
1285119577404.png
88KB, 600x350px
>>87522232
It's not a competition you fucking retard
>>
>>87522232
Pearl was a slave for millenia and continues living with the mentality that she's "just" a Pearl. Pearl is a different kind of Amethyst, but unlike Amethyst, Pearl wasn't born wrong or defective, it's her role that she's held back and looked down upon by others.
>>
>>87523156
Yeah, how dare she be mad that Pearl raped her?
>>
>>87523213
>On the Run
>>
>>87523267
I've been on Team Purple Goblin since episode one.
>>
:(
>>
>>87525309
i want this post over some cropped Pearl r34 as a /co/ banner, now.
>>
>>87522779
>with experience in being born wrong
fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>87525144
It's heavily implied that our Pearl is defective, basing on what Jasper said. Also Pearl gems aren't supposed to be oval shaped, the other two Pearls we've seen have rounder gems
>>
>>87522291
When are they going to fucking give Opal some substantial screen time? She's the most popular fusion.
>>
>>87525832
Jasper considers her defective because she's not doing what a Pearl should be doing.
>>
>>87525832
I thought "defective" meant she defected from Homeworld.
>>
>>87525902
Never. Celebrities are expensive and they don't care enough.
>>
>>87522232
>The first thing you learn from them is that your home, your entire existence is wrong. Every criticism bites at you even harder. You take them to heart, because if you can't be a Homeworld Gem, and you can't be a Crystal Gem, you have nowhere to go.
But Rose was the leader of the Crystal Gems and she was an Earth-made Quartz too. I'm sure lots of Crystal Gems were Earth-made. And Homeworld gems don't seem to be any less created from the destruction and sapping of worlds either, so the same goes for Pearl and Garnet. So how does that make her by default more of an outcast among the only family she's known?
>>
>>87523017
>defending another person's shitty behavior
Choosing your words pretty carefully there, aren't you? Why are you so keen on avoiding saying "shitty person's behavior"?
>>
>>87523187
shit taste to be honest family
>>
>>87523530
peridactyl is based tho
>>
>>87522745
Garnet has been shit ever since it was revealed that she's made up of two completely dysfunctional and self absorbed cunts.
>>
>>87522552
>besides Garnet
MUH FEWSHUN

That being said, it's because Garnet had succesfully completed her character arc long before the show started, and is the personification of Sugar's idea of a perfect relationship. Considering emotions and love are an actual source of power in Steven Universe, this makes Garnet a very potent being.
>>
File: pearl.png (143KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
pearl.png
143KB, 300x100px
>>87525660
>>
File: uhoh.jpg (271KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
uhoh.jpg
271KB, 1632x1224px
>>87526791
are you kidding? that's a life goal. finding someone to you click with so well it's almost like.. you complete eachother, in her case a bit more literal.

pic unrelated
>>
>>87526949
>finding someone to you click with so well it's almost like.. you complete eachother

To the point where you literally can't function without that other person being beside you and put everyone else's needs second (or outright endanger them) in favor of yourself and your partner? Complete cancer.
>>
File: partners in crime.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
partners in crime.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>>87522581
two lesbians in a trenchcoat
>>
>>87526946
amazing Anon. you're doing god's work
>>
>>87527024
you get married you're going to put your wife/husband before most anyone else too my friend
>>
>>87526949
Yeah that's the point of the character, but let's not pretend they haven't done a horrible job characterizing Ruby & Sapphire separately. Almost every scene of them un-fused they're either one-dimensionally moping and mad at each other or they're one-dimensionally fawning over each other to the point where they actually detriment whatever the group is trying to do.
>>
File: 1473933775486.png (104KB, 598x550px) Image search: [Google]
1473933775486.png
104KB, 598x550px
>>87527024
>this meme again
>>
File: i cast fist2.png (257KB, 1366x768px)
i cast fist2.png
257KB, 1366x768px
>>87527138
yeah but when they ARE together it's amazing they ain't got lower back problems from carrying the team goddamn everywhere
>>
>>87527129
>living like symbiotes is ideal

Confirmed for not being married.
>>
>>87522464
Allright besides that what else has she done that is despicable.Thats right,you cant say.
Im bothered they never touch upon that ever again and yeah thats bad writing but calling her shit for 1 moment in the entire series is stupid
>>
>>87527202
>meme

But it's entirely factual that every appearance of Sapphire and Ruby has involved them disregarding others for the sake of their own selfish bullshit.
>>
>>87527310
the character is blatantly a representation of a relationship, in extremes. when she's one she rocks shit harder than any of the others, in contrast when she's not one they're kinda shit.
balancing stronk highs with weak ass lows.
>>
>>87522232
I can relate to Pearl constantly fucking up more. Well lately she isn't as bad as she was before
>>
>>87524157
Lapis is an enormous waste of potential. She's a drag, narratively and to me as a viewer. She's blue waifu who's there to angst and look pretty and basically have whatever emotion is necessary for the moment, and sadly it works.

Despite her big connections and interesting background for being on Earth, she hasn't illuminated shit that we didn't learn just a little bit later, and didn't really need her to explain. Any mystery behind her ended up being just a dud. She's useless for telling us more about Homeworld and the lore, so now she's just sitting there doing nothing but bitching and getting cute episodes with Peridot.

Jasper is already more of a promising character and would probably play off the main characters better on top of that. She'd have much more to say on the lore and she's already taught us 3 times as much within her collective eight minutes of screentime than Lapis ever has or likely ever will.
>>
>>87527247
When they're together, they don't exist.
Garnet is her own person, so everything she's done shouldn't be credited to Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>87523530
I think lapis is only there for waifubait because of her looks since there really is nothing likeable about her personality-wise.
Also remember how Rebecca said Lapis whole character revolves around manipulation
>>
File: ZukeJasper.png (48KB, 640x405px) Image search: [Google]
ZukeJasper.png
48KB, 640x405px
>>87527563
>Jasper is already more of a promising character and would probably play off the main characters better on top of that. She'd have much more to say on the lore and she's already taught us 3 times as much within her collective eight minutes of screentime than Lapis ever has or likely ever will.
This is mostly why I want Jasper back. She's got lots of unique perspective, conflict, and potential development to share.
Also, it's just cool to see her beat up stuff and take so much pleasure in doing so.
>>
>>87527129
There's a huge difference between a married couple and those two, and pretending like there isn't is a massive disservice to any kind of relationship. They literally can't function or think about anything but themselves, it's the textbook definition of unhealthy. It's probably the reason home world banned fusions outside of the same type, because every single fusion shown so far had horrible side effects to the gem's mental state.
>>
>>87527563
I don't even like Jasper and I can't deny this. It hurts, bros. I just want Lapis to get the good, lore-filled storyline she deserves.
>>
>>87527917
That's actually a pretty good point.
We even saw the effects of unique fusion on Jasper, who used to be somewhat well-adjusted until she fused with Lapis.
I wouldn't be shocked if fusing with Rose was the cause of at least some of Pearl's neuroses.
>>
>>87527917
This is one of those things where I don't think this is how it's meant to be seen within the universe, or how the Crewniverse sees it. I guess chalk it up to them being aliens who perceive being one being all the time differently than others and let it be.

Besides, Ruby and Sapphire just act like what's convenient for the plot or what the Crewniverse thinks is funny. They were angsting before and I don't think you were meant to take the baseball episode seriously.
>>
>>87528371
Speaking of which. Opal seems to be quite unique. She is calm and so focused on her what she's currently doing that she often forgets stuff. You can even say that Opal is like a "zen" point in Amethyst and Pearl's rocky relationship which is why she falls apart so easily.
In this sensd I cant agree that all fusions are bad and unhealthy. Opal is actually good.

Rainbow Quartz.. It is obvious that Pearl was addicted to being her. It is also obvious that her addiction to being Sardonyx has an origin in her being RQ
>>
>>87523267

>another "muh Rose" episode

all 4 of them?
>>
>>87528412
This. We don't really see Ruby and Sapphire in a "normal" situation and the writers don't seem to want to flesh them out that much. So they're either under extreme pressure or they're a joke.
>>
>>87528505
And meanwhile we've just now gotten a glimpse of Garnet's relationship with Rose. We still know very little about her bond with Garnet and Amy, yet we've gotten beaten over the head with her relationship with Pearl. But they keep having episodes on it over and over again, and we haven't even seen the meat of it yet. It's irritating.
>>
>>87528412
>>87528555
This is how I always thought about it too. If Ruby and Sapphire were unfused for a few days under normal circumstances, I'm sure it would be totally fine.
>>
>>87528598
>He thinks Garnet or even Amy will ever get the focus Pearl does

Just give up. Don't even bother being angry about it. Pearl is the most main Crystal Gem with the most focus and it'll never change. I've stopped letting it piss me off.
>>
>>87528598

>But they keep having episodes on it over and over again

Nigger we get a pearl-rose episode like once a year, you're overblowing it.
>>
>>87528685
Most Pearl episodes are still about her relationship with Rose in some way. We've gotten a fuck ton of detail on the Rose-Pearl relationship and many, many episodes. And we still haven't seen the most important bits of it.
>>
>>87528667
Garnetfag here and I already abandoned hope long ago. She's just the cool character who's there to be likeable. She'll never be fleshed out the way the others are and I'm coming to terms with it.
>>
>>87527138
Yeah, it was pretty stupid how they ruined the plain they themselves come up with because they wouldn't stop flirting
>>
>>87528412
But that's the problem; seeing Garnet separated is usually a rare occurrence that only happens if they absolutely need to. Because of this, we don't get many glimpses into how they act individually. But when we do, they never talk or think about anything but themselves and it gives off the impression that the relationship is severely unhealthy, whether it's intentional or not. Combine this with everyone else being being a
>>
>>87528714

>many, many episodes

>Rose's Scabbard
>Sworn to the Sword
>Mr. Greg

maybe The Answer since pearl appears in it

these are literally all the episodes about rose and pearl
>>
>>87528926
*being complete wrecks and fusions look really bad in retrospect.
>>
>>87528469
Opal and Garnet are both good stable fusions, but I was more referring to what happens after they unfuse.
Fusion is definitely something addictive, even if it's good in the moment.
>>
>>87528773
Honestly, Pearl gets less and less likable the more development she gets, so maybe Garnet staying the way she is is a good thing.
>>
>>87527336

Keystone Motel was exactly about them putting their personal matter aside for the sake of Steven, fuck, Garnet herself is pretty much all about Steven's well being
>>
>>87528598
I dont understans this complaint. Last time there was an episodr about Pearl and Rose was in season 3 and it was just ONE episode. Other pearl-rose episode I can think of is Rose's scabbard and that was season 1.if you're goig to complain about something at least do it right

>>87528667
Garnet is the least affected by what happened to Rose apparently. Amethyst pulled the shit with shapeshifting as Rose
>>
>>87528933
That's still quite a lot when you get down to it. And it's all about the same issue: Pearl's dependency and inability to let go.
>>
>>87528977
So Pearl becoming less of a stuck up btch because of muh Rose makes her less likeable?
>>
>>87528942
They're stable, sure, but Ruby, Pearl, Ruby, and Sapphire all have major issues that one could easily claim was because of those fusions.
>>
>>87529025
Nigger go watch Mr. Greg. And then Last one out of beach city. Rose is history
>>
>>87529066
*amethyst (put Ruby with twice)

Shit, today is not my day.
>>
>>87528933
The flashback episodes have a string of Pearl and Rose too, with no hint of Garnet or Amy's relationship with her. I'd argue even the one with Pearl and the Pink-haired chick is indirectly about the Pearl and Rose relationship too. More hints and scenes involving Pearls' Rose relationship come up in other episodes too, even if it isn't the focus.

Now tell me where Garnet and Amy get their relationships with Rose fleshed out. Even if it's just a scene suggesting it and isn't in focus. You won't find much.

And yet, we still don't know the main bits of the Pearl and Rose relationship. Don't give me some bullshit about how it isn't unbalanced. Everything involving Pearl is unbalanced compared to the other gems. Thankfully Amy is finally catching up a little.
>>
>>87528714
I'd say it's abut 50/50.we have had 3 Pearl episodes that were about Rose. Other Pearl episodes focus on her insecurities, or the episode where she beat Peridot fair and square, or how she misses space so much that she was willing to risk her life and Stevens to reach it, or how she wants to teach Steven that strength is more than just being big and strong

Pearl is a lot more than just muh Rose
>>
>>87529068
>Rose is history

No, she really isnt, because she fell for someone that looked like Rose immediately afterwords. She hasn't let go of her in the slightest, she just doesn't blame Greg for her death anymore.
>>
>>87529088
Actually, Amethyst doesn't really have any issues that could relate to fusion. Not that I remember, anyway.
>>
>>87529068
>implying Pearl is into Mystery Girl for any reason other than being similar to Rose
>>
>>87529127
Wasn't the contest a tie and peri won the fight that was there tiebreaker
>>
>>87529021
See this
>>87529123

It's not just about the episodes that are specifically about Pearl and Rose. It's that Pearl is the only one who is allowed to have her relationship with Rose fleshed out even in little ways.

Amy has one episode on it (where she turns into Rose to fuck with Greg) and Garnet kind of does too with The Answer. That's about it other than maybe a couple of other Rose mentions, mostly from Amy.
>>
>>87529123
Garnet told her story with Rose in The Answer. She looked up to her, etc. True we dont see Garnet being weak because of Roses absence but thats because Garnet isnt one to show her emotions that easily in front of Steven. Pearl is bt far BY FAAAAR the most emotional out of the three of them and also BY FAR the most affected by Roses death. Of course Steven will have the most to do with his mom Rose through Pearl.
Amethyst shows it too but she is also less emotional
>>
>>87529194
This isn't an excuse. By now we should have seen much more about Garnet and Amy's relationships with Rose regardless of them being "less broken up" about it. But we haven't, it's mostly Pearl.
>>
File: dafuq.png (123KB, 318x315px)
dafuq.png
123KB, 318x315px
>>87529123
> even the one with Pearl and the Pink-haired chick is indirectly about the Pearl and Rose relationship
>indirectly
Is there anything indirect about it?
>>
>>87529238
It's only indirect in that Rose isn't there in any form and Pearl doesn't actually bring her up. But no, it's not really indirect.
>>
>>87529136
Like Pearl wpuld fall for a human any other way. Her looking like Rose was bait to lure her in. Mystery girl will play a role in Pearl learning to love humans genuinely. And fight for the planet not for Rose's sake but because she loves the earth. Similar to how Peridot appreciates the Earth

>>87529186
See the above

>>87529190
I already eplain here >>87529194
why that's the case with Pearl and not with Amethyst and Garnet. It is unfair to want it to be equal when Pearl was in love with her for thousands of years and dedicated her whole life to Rose. Garnet is a fusion a perfect relationship. Amethyst is seemingly affected by it and she's recovering but her whole personality wasnt defined by Rose like Pearl was
>>
>>87529190
To go into more why this annoys me, it's just another way that Pearl is more "main" and gets more focus than the other Gems. Rose is important to the lore and to Steven. But his only real way to connect with her among the gems is through Pearl, which gives her even more central importance compared to the others.

It's just another way that Pearl hogs spotlight.
>>
>>87529233
Yes it is an excuse as much as why we still dont know that kuch about Pearl despite Pearl getting so much focusmits because Garnet and Amethyst dont open up to Steven about Rose. Amethyst vent her frustration on Greg and Steven happened to walk in on it. Garnet vented her insecurities on Pearl and Steven happened to be watching through a camera
>>
>>87529284
Why is it unfair to want it to be more equal even just in terms of information? Even if Pearl is more emotional about it, we should still be able to see much more about Garnet and Amy's relationships with Rose and yet we get nearly nothing after so many episodes. They were all affected by Rose's death, but we never even get to see Amy and Garnet be affected by it all that much. No wonder it seems like they don't give much of a shit; the writers don't let us see them giving a shit.

It doesn't have to be that way, the writers made it that way. And I think it's a mistake and disservice to the other gems.
>>
>>87529295
And Pearl gets way more focus when its about Rose because Pearl was 1. The closest to her and 2. Pearl was with her since the beginning and 3.pearl is the one more willing to talk about anything regarding Rose precisely because Rose meant everything to hee
>>
>>87529368
I still don't think this is an excuse for how enormous of an information inbalance there is. Pearl should get more, but not fucking nearly all of it. It's been way too long and we should know more about Rose's relationships with all the gems than we do.
>>
>>87529025

>3
>That's still quite a lot when you get down to it

No, not by any metric. Even Amethyst has more episodes than that.

>>87529123

>The flashback episodes have a string of Pearl and Rose too

Wut? Only 3 flashback episodes show pearl and rose. Story for Steven has exactly 2 lines between them, those being "You know this human?" and "I can sing", We need to talk has no lines between them but they fuse; the only thing these episodes showcase about their relation is Pearl's thirst for Rose, The Answer shows literally nothing about them other than a fight.
>>
>>87529284
Except I really didn't want her to fall for for a human, I just wanted closure for her because it's been dragging on for way too long. Her falling for Rose-lite is an indicator it isn't over yet. Also, you're really playing up the girl's importance; I doubt were seeing her beyond that episode.
>>
>>87522232

Pearl's pain
>imagine being born into slavery. a prop, a decoration, a servant with no rights who isn't even considered a member of their own species, and who can be killed for so much as speaking out of turn.
>Imagine a woman who cared what you felt, who gave you choices, who let you express your emotions without fear of death, who held you and protected you and saved you from your living hell
>Imagine she gave you your freedom, her trust, and made you a leader and lover all the same
>now imagine she cheated on you and didn't even bother to hide it
>and then she did it again, and again and again
>she always comes back, but it still hurts and leaves you doubting whether she ever really believed in you
>and then after one incident she never comes back
>now she's dead and has left you to care for the child she had for another man
>he's the sweetest, gentlest child you've ever met and he looks at you like you're perfect
>and all you can feel when you look at him is resentment, pain, loss and most of all shame
>>
>>87529348
Because to Amethyst and Garnet Rose was like family. Say, your gradnma dies and you are sad but in the long term it doesn't really affect you. You get over it. Yeah we did see that Amethyst was salty over what happened and that was actually shown. Garnet on the other hand, already has her other half. Sure she lost someone she admired but Garnet moves the fuck on no reason for her to stay stuck on something of the past. That is entirely the Sapphire in Garnet. Ruby for example would be far more affected by it but Ruby has Sapphire.

Hell from what we see Garnet was even the one that was completely fine and was even pushing the Gregrose relationship despite her knowing the outcome of such relationship

>>87529392
Excwpt I explained perfectly why it is an excuse. Pearl is/or was 100% stuck in the past. And what's more. We dont evwn learn about Rose from Pearl until about 50 episodes into season 1 and how much focus did Pearl get until that point. A lot.

>>87529435
Pearl needed a close human bond in order for her to stop being so condescending towards humanity. For chirsts sake Pearl has been protecting a planet and a species she doesnt even care for beyond it being the place Rose loved. Pearl also really needed to get the fuck over Rose. Something fresh. Someone who loves her back for once
>>
>>87529368
Pearl can and should be more affected by things involving Rose. That doesn't mean she should have only her bond with Rose explained. Her being more attached to Rose doesn't automatically mean she should get so much more episodes on it than Garnet and Amethyst do. It just means she should be more emotional in her episodes.
>>
>>87529543
We don't really know what Rose was to Garnet and Amy besides a few hints. We haven't been shown. So this argument is based in nothing. This is the problem.
>>
>>87529453
>now imagine she cheated on you and didn't even bother to hide it
Except no, because Rose was never Pearl's to begin with.
>>
>>87529549
It mwans what I already explained that Pearl is the one more willing to open up to Steven about her relationship with Rose precisely because Pearl is the one most affected by Rose. In fact it can be explained that its because Pearl is obsesses with Rose so she talks about her to Steven way more that Amethyst and Garnet. Also keep in kind that every smotional scene with Pearl mst likely involves Rose unlike Amethyst who has insecutmrities about being a runt or ruby and Sapphirw falling apart

>>87529583
She was their leadsr and they lived tgether for thousands of years. You can guess that they were like family to one another. Also hasnt Garnet talked about Rose before and explains why Rose killed PD?
>>
>>87529543
We get zero indication that Garnet knows the outcome of that relationship. Everything you've said here is pure speculation.
>>
>>87529636
according to Mr. Greg they were on-an-off lovers
>>
File: Greg.Amy.jpg (191KB, 1280x947px)
Greg.Amy.jpg
191KB, 1280x947px
>>87522232
>>
>>87529636
Rebecca confirmed they were lovers
>>
>>87529652
The show doesn't exist on its own. The writers could have found ways to include more information on Garnet and Amethyst's relationships with Rose too and they didn't. I'm not giving them any excuses about it, they just didn't want to do it. And I think it's a writing flaw regardless of the reason because once again it's giving Pearl a bigger chunk of narrative importance while the others, Garnet especially, suffer for it.
>>
File: Greg.Amy.png (727KB, 1125x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Greg.Amy.png
727KB, 1125x1000px
>>87529691
>>
>>87529652
Garnet talked about Rose but it was mostly just lore-dumping and not all that illuminating on her bond with Rose. Other than that she thought Rose was right, which of course she did because she fought with her.
>>
>>87529159
I think that her being a fucked up gem from the get-go really blurs the line between fusion side effects and what's just her.
>>
>>87529667
Of course Garnet knew. Garnet knows every possible outcome and no doubt was that one of them. She probably accepted it but that doesnt mean she didnt know

>>87529721
Whatever you say. Ever Amethyst who has almost as much focus as Pearl isnt given that much importance in regards to Rose because of what I already explained.
I mught agree on Garnet but the problen with Garnet isnt entirely about her out of focusness with everything regarding Rose. Garnets entire problem lies on her existence as a fusion of two characters who have more personality than her
>>
File: sardonyx smoky.png (806KB, 648x487px) Image search: [Google]
sardonyx smoky.png
806KB, 648x487px
>>87529724
>>
>>87529159
This. Amethyst's hang-ups on fusion are a result of her issues already. Fusion doesn't really cause issues for her.
>>
Didn't Pearl let Steven almost fall to his death?
>>
>>87529772
And Garnet has had so many opportunities to talk about Rose to Steven but she doesnt because she has no reason to get so emotional over her. Hekl take Bismuth. Bismuth talked so beautifully about Rose. And Bismuth had a reason to talk about Rose. But there is no narrstive purpose to Garnet getting all amotional over Rose to Steveb. She told him her story that Rose immediatelt accepted her as she is. And that's it.
>>
>>87529784
Speculation. Again, nothing on this was said.

You know, if she did know, it would make a great episode of her thoughts on it and her feelings on Rose. But that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon because only Pearl gets important Rose episodes.

It comes down to this. I think it's a writing flaw that gives Pearl more spotlight than she already has. You don't. That's all there is to it. I don't think Pearl being more attached to Rose is an excuse for the writers refusing to flesh out anyone else's relationship with her.
>>
>>87529825
Yes and that was an even shittier moment than the time she manipulated Garnet into becoming Sardonyx. At least The Sardonyx incident can be explained by her suffering from insecurity issues but what happened at the strawberry field was extreme.
>>
>>87529842
Because the writers aren't doing what they should and aren't explaining what they should. We have no clue if she has no reason to get emotional over it. Because we have no clue what Rose means to her other than the basic she looks up to her. Because there's been no episodes that talk about it.
>>
File: AMETHYST NO.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AMETHYST NO.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>87529724
>>
>>87522232
>You are constantly reminded that you are the product of something bad, and that you wouldn't even be fit for Homeworld due to your size

I don't know I think Homeworld would just label her an Era 2 Quartz and give her Limb Enhancers to make up for her size and weakness

i still like the ideal that Ami joins Homeoworld
>>
>>87529842
They have opportunities to talk to Steven about a lot of things that they don't. You can come up with "reasons" for it all you want, but I call it overlooking things so they can unfold the narrative how they want and not give away secrets.

That doesn't make it look less contrived when they tell Steven nothing about their lore. Even Pearl who likes talking about it doesn't do it that often. I see the shit with Rose as exactly the same thing. Flawed writing.
>>
>>87529453
>>imagine being born into slavery. a prop, a decoration, a servant with no rights who isn't even considered a member of their own species, and who can be killed for so much as speaking out of turn.
is that even turn because so far only Peridot claim that can its clear she lies to make herself feel good about herself

double since Yellow Pearl clearly has a job and speaks out of line
>>
>>87529784
Garnet's future vision only works within her current set of knowledge. She can predict how humans and and gems can react to certain situations like in Winter Forecast, but she is totally lost when it comes to stuff like Steven's rapid aging, Pearl's deception, Peridot's future tech.

Also with regards to Future Boy Zoltron, where Steven could not find a suitable outcome because he didn't have the knowledge of their old comedy act.
>>
>>87529784
>Garnet knows every possible outcome and no doubt was that one of them

That didn't stop her from being shocked about the Sardonyx incident. Her future sight in general is just really poorly implemented due to how convenient it is.
>>
File: what the fuck amethyst.jpg (68KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck amethyst.jpg
68KB, 1280x717px
>>87529931
This was a very raw, visceral moment to be honest. I was on the edge of my seat when it actually happened.

The writers wanted to show just how far the "silly" team member could go and god damn they showed it well.
>>
>>87529780
Amethyst has problems, but they're different from Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, and Jasper's.
All 4 of them were addicted to fusion, whether it was with a specific Gem or just with anyone or anything.
Amethyst kinda gets the same way, but mainly out of jealousy. She never does anything drastic like Pearl's communication tower scheme.
>>
>>87529864
4chan just swallowed my entire reply. Fuck.

But it came down to this; Pearls character and the reason for her being fleshed out is mostly becauss of Rose

Amethyst is because of her coming out wrong

Garnet as an extension of Ruby and Sapphire is because of small issues they may have which leads to a break up

Point being. Rose isnt the entire world for Garnet and Amethyst and that is why they have had less Rose focused development
>>
Three gems and a baby might have something on how Garnet and Amethyst dealt with Rose's loss
>>
>>87530123
But Rose did have importance to them. Just because she wasn't their entire world doesn't mean we should get almost no information on their relationship with her. Like I've said time and time again, it's a writing flaw and holding back information in a stupid way.
>>
>>87530170
The title sounds somewhat comedic. I wonder if this episode will even cover their mourning, or if we're just going straight to stressful baby shenanigans.
>>
>>87530253
Baby shenanigans. I'm calling it now.

For some reason I can picture a flashback on Steven's birth being another special 30 minute episode. That would have most of the angst.
>>
>>87530253
Apparently it will be told through Greg's POV and about Steven's first winter. So it will be about Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl visiting the car wash.

It could go either way. The new song kind of sounds like Greg is depressed after Rose's death

>>87530273
Both baby shenanigans and feels.
>>
>>87530273
I wonder if an episode will ever actually cover the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. The immediate aftermath, probably. But I can't see Rose having an on-screen "death" scene.
>>
>>87530336
Mr. Greg was originally supposed to cover that but the scene was taken out because it would make the episode longer than 11 minutes which is sad.
>>
>>87530358
Hopefully they plan to put it somewhere better. It would have been extremely disappointing if they'd shoved it into that episode. That episode, when it happens, should be about all of the gems and Greg, not just Pearl and Greg.
>>
>>87524157
interesting pic. is that concept art?
>>
>>87530420
http://paulvilleco.tumblr.com/post/98667168298/mirror-gem-favorite-boards
>>
Pearl is the author's pet and it couldn't be any more obvious.
I thought Rebecca evens aid she relates to Pearl the most even though all the gems are supposedly her self inserts in some way or another
>>
>>87530420
Yup. Early storyboard versions of her.
>>
>>87530454
I wish they'd kept her scarier looking. Her design was way too safe in the end.
>>
>>87530454
Cool. At least that design got onto the Water Witch track.
>>
>>87530506
Like Lion?
>>
File: 7rJrG0T.gif (792KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
7rJrG0T.gif
792KB, 500x375px
>>87522232
>never seen this show
>watch E;R's review

holy shit
>>
>>87530595
I think you'd need to have watched the show to appreciate most of the jokes.
>>
>>87530649
I almost want to out of schaudenfraude
>>
>>87530395
It was not a flashback but a hologram projection and it was more about Greg and Pearl's relationship
>>
>>87530100

I remember this episode confused me because I wasn't sure if Steven actually saw clearly what was going on since his reaction was surprisingly mild.
>>
>>87530595
>E;R'
Who?
Is that the guy who claims the show is only about rape or something like that?
>>
>>87530870

is the /pol/ack who got mad at pearl's "they want to blame all the world's problem on some single entity" and put a hitler speech at the end of his review of SU
>>
>>87530778

People forget a lot that Steven's emotions regarding his mother almost entirely revolve around her legacy and the weight of the expectations on him. He doesn't love Rose. He never even knew her.
>>
File: 1462397890802.jpg (38KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
1462397890802.jpg
38KB, 604x311px
>>87530870
>claim
>>
>>87530395
You and I both know for a fact that when it happens, it will just be about Pearl and Greg.
>>
>>87530506
Yeah, but now she can be shitty waifu bait.
>>
>>87531045
Have to realize Pearl is more main than Garnet and Amethyst and if it weren't for Steven this would be Pearl: the show.
>>
>>87522232
Amethyst is a lazybones who doesn't take any effort to change her situation, Pearls are shitty gems, and our Pearl is defective too, which makes her shittier initially, but she made and is making efforts to better herself and being useful by constantly training and tryharding, don't get me wrong, I love both, but Amethyst has a better starting position as a gem than Pearl, she's just doing nothing to better herself like Pearl does, if Amethyst had the same tryharding spirit that Pearl has, she'd be the best gem, but that would kill the essence of her character too
>>
>>87531083
That's not exactly a good thing.
>>
>>87529453
>>he's the sweetest, gentlest child you've ever met and he looks at you like you're perfect
>>and all you can feel when you look at him is resentment, pain, loss and most of all shame
That fucking hurts and I feel Pearl
>>
>>87525832
Pearl is also a fancy Pearl according to Peridot so her being oval shaped has nothing to do with her being defective. It is more likely that round Pearls are harder to find which is why yellow and blue pearl became diamond's pearls.

No... Pearl is defective according to Jasper because she is a Pearl. Fighting. Making her own decisions. The opposite of what a Pearl is supposed to do. Jasper be damned though, Pearl is admirable for what she achieved as a non-combatant type of gem.
>>
>>87530913
>mad
Jokes are jokes.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.