[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Abandons his 600 day long siege of the enemy capital just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Iroh_smiling.png (105KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Iroh_smiling.png
105KB, 333x250px
>Abandons his 600 day long siege of the enemy capital just because he got a little emo about his son dying, making the war last 5 more years of ultimately pointless death and destruction.
>Doesn't challenge his obviously evil brother's usurpation of the throne that rightfully belonged to him, thus letting said brother cause said pointless death and destruction.

Why was he one of the "good guys" again?
>>
>>87519373
He likes to put tea leaves up his asshole.
>>
The part where everyone seem to agree Iroh was right to abandon the siege is really odd. Must be nepotism.

Anyone else would be court-martialed.
>>
>>87519373

Ozai wasn't his brother you fucking dimwit
>>
>>87519443
>Ozai wasn't his brother
What show were you watching, cause I'm 100% sure he was.
>>
>>87519510

Oh shit, you're right. When he told Zuko about his great-grandfather Roku I thought he was talking about his lineage. Thought it makes sense seeing how his relationship with Ozai was so tense and that only Zuko's maternal relatives weren't assholes.
>>
>>87519621
Now say you're sorry for calling him a dimwit.
>>
File: 1323274184890.jpg (187KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
1323274184890.jpg
187KB, 500x483px
>>87519639

>apologizing to OP

yeah, no
>>
>>87519373
To be fair it could have been a pointless slaughter without the tech from that weirdo inventor they would be just throwing lives at the wall. I'm guessing his son's death is what made him that
>>
>>87519373
Well first off, from the perspective of the Earth Kingdom, they'd much rather fight a war for 5 more years than be taken over by the Fire Nation, the very fact that they are resisting means they would prefer the apparent "pointless death and destruction" over Fire Nation rule. So no, that wasn't pointless.

Not challenging his brother's rule was a function of grief, that probably would have been the better course of action for the world's sake if he managed to take the throne and recall the Fire Nation's forces but he has just lost his son, his drive was gone, he was quite a broken man. He would have to contest his brother's bid for the throne, then stop the war that the Fire Nation's citizenry thought was a just and good war. Have Ozai in the background fomenting rebellion to unseat the broken man who has taken the throne and Iroh is gone pretty fast. I'm not saying Iroh thought all this through but he likely knew contesting the throne was a pointless move that he frankly didn't have the will to follow through with following his son's death.

Further, we see Iroh seeking redemption for his failures and his actions taken under the Fire Nation's banner. So yeah, he is one of the good guys.
>>
>>87519373
Because leaves from the vine, falling so slow
>>
>>87519373
>beseiging a city who's people can instantly open supply lines underground and repair any seige damage

It was fucked to start.
>>
>>87519431
Iroh's son isn't the only soldier to die in the battle. The Fire Nation lost a lot of men and resources for a futile battle.
>>
>>87520532
it was probably the straw that broke the camels back, the final indicator that told him that the cost of the campaign was too much to bear, and the further loss of personnel wasnt worth the glory

it was on that day that "the dragon of the west" died, and unlce iroh was born
>>
>>87519373
Are you fucking dissing Uncle Iroh?
>>
>>87519373
Yes, he was weak, but that's what allowed for him to grow.
>>
File: 1472524967988.jpg (82KB, 700x692px) Image search: [Google]
1472524967988.jpg
82KB, 700x692px
>>
>>87519373
>intentionally trained Zuko wrong
>>
>>87519660
You dirty fucking scumbag trashbag of scum. You look like a vampire that drinks faggot blood.
>>
>>87519373
Reminds me of the first season finale of Code Grass. Lelouch was moments from freeing Japan but then
>Muh sister
Happened.
>>
Has there ever been a what if Azula was banished scenario?
>>
>>87519373
his son dying was probably the final straw telling him that their battle was pointless.

his death messed iroh up to the point here he lost a lot of his drive, so he ended up not challenging his brother
>>
>>87521417
>You look like a vampire that drinks faggot blood.
well thats new
>>
File: 1189783300350.png-original.png (3MB, 1024x813px) Image search: [Google]
1189783300350.png-original.png
3MB, 1024x813px
>>87522554
>>87521417
>You look like a vampire that drinks faggot blood.

In a world where JoJo exists, that can only be a compliment
>>
>>87519373
> typical westerner unable to understand the poetic nature of a war lord renouncing violence and turning to pacifism after realizing the cost of war
>>
>>87519373
People change, he wasn't the same person as at the siege.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.