[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like writers ended up dropping the ball on Civil War II.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

I feel like writers ended up dropping the ball on Civil War II. Instead of making the debate over HOW Ulysses should be used, they made the debate be whether or not Ulysses should be used at all. As such, we're presented with one side being fascists that want to arrest people for crap they didn't do, and another side that doesn't want to use Ulysses ever, not even if they get intel that Thanos is going to kill a bunch of people. There's no real middle ground, surely there's ways of using Ulysses' visions to save lives without going full Minority Report.
And of course, most writers ended up on Team Tony, demonizing Carol and acting like Precognition is like racial profiling.
>>
>>87515893
To be fair, the writers dropped the ball on the original Civil War as well.
>>
>>87515893
What Bendis doesn't understand is that in situations where people have to "pick a side", you don't balance the sides by giving them both ridiculous, horrible flaws, because that just makes people choose neither.
>>
>>87515893
Nothing new. Any time you have a character rocking the status quo people come out of the woodwork to stop them.

I mean, shit. Remember the time when Thor went out to some Eastern European shithole to stop an ethnic minority from being ethnically cleansed and then Tony Stark showed up with the US Army . .. to tell Thor to fuck off and not get involved?
>>
>>87517356
But Bendis only gave Carol's side horrible flaws. Or should I say, only Carol's side got INTENTIONAL flaws, any flaws on Tony's side were meant to be good things according to Bendis, he's just such a bad writer that he can't even strawman correctly.
>>
>not using precog to preempt threats to earth by big bads
i don't get it, what was stark's objection? did they do that thing were they force him to have a dumb view point just so there can be sides?
>>
>>87515893
Comic writers are 99% shit, so this is honestly what I was expecting would happen.

(The writing quality, not the plot)
>>
>>87515893
I don't understand her objection

He LITERALLY stole experimental military equipment, from the Military.

THAT IN ITSELF IS A CRIME WORTHY OF BEING PROSECUTED OVER.

Stealing a goddamn tank is not just a prank, bro
>>
>>87515893
The event is stupid. Dead on arrival when comics have been dealimg with furure shit for awhile not to mention a writer that doesnt understand subtle so you have one side up the ass in wrongness.

I dont mind the cincept but have a team of writers constantly working together. This is Marvel's biggest problem the writers dont work together at all.
>>
File: Tony getting told 2.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Tony getting told 2.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>87517460
>what was stark's objection?
That he wasn't the one that came up with it. Also MUH RHODEY.
>>
>>87517509
It gets worse. In a later issue, he breaks out of prison and Kamala actually asks him for help in proving that using precognition is wrong instead of arresting him for his actual crimes.
>>
File: 1452287406814.jpg (165KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452287406814.jpg
165KB, 488x750px
I took a break from reading Kamala's main book a while ago and I've been meaning to return to it, but all the Civil War II cancer has been putting me off from it. Is Miss Marvel still as it used to be, or are all these tiresome crossovers and tie-ins going to stick forever?
>>
>>87517539
Seriously, this is entirely about MUH RHODEY.

Like when he infiltrated a sovereign nation, attacked them and kidnapped one of their people just to run some messed uthe kidp tests on . When it wasn't even their fault in the first place that Warmachine died.
Fuck, if he really wanted to why didn't he just try asking if they could all as a group of peers test the methods and limits of the kid's future sight? (Which I should note is not unique to Uly, he isn't the only dude with precog in the setting)
>>
>>87517588
I... don't understand. Who thought this made any sense? HE literally is a criminal that committed a crime and was arrested for it, where's the problem?

Plus y'know, breaking out of prison is another crime on top of that.
>>
>>87517624
There are two ms marvels currently. Main book MM and horribly written Waid version. God if she didn't have a current book out her character would have been more ruined than anything CW2 could have done to her.
>>
>>87517657
To be fair, he wasn't actually kept in a real prison. He was kept in a facility run by some fascist millenials that would detain anyone who was predicted to commit a crime before they actually did it, then release them once the time-frame of the prediction has passed . Why the Ninja was there instead of being handed to the police is anyone's guess.
>>
File: disgust.png (132KB, 265x295px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
132KB, 265x295px
>>87515893
It's really frustrating that half of the time Kamala and her surrounding circumstances are written pretty well, and the other half it's literally the exact soulless mouthpiece/PSA special that people predicted she would be.

It'd be one thing if she just had opinions that I didn't particularly agree with, but some of these writers are just terrible and ruin what the other writers are building.
>>
>>87517624
Avoid Champions and you should be alright.
>>
>>87517509

He was going to bring it back after he used the money he stole to buy ice cream for orphans.
>>
>>87518893
And Skittles, can't forget those.
He was turning his life around, really.
>>
Are comicbook writers simply not human beings? Do they struggle to grasp rational human thought patters with their bizarre alien mindsets?
>>
>>87517727
he still stole classified military materiel

that's TREASON

treason is a HANGING CRIME

christ fucking comic books are awful
>>
>>87519286
Many of them are irrational and infantile because they pretty much exclusively read kids' comics and consume childish media.
Others literally write in ways meant to make you pissed.
Others still just don't give a fuck and write whatever is easiest.
>>
>>87517727
If he was caught after committing the crime why was he in time jail? It really does just continue to shit all over itself writing wise.

Comic book writers are hacks.
>>
>>87517657

Wilson isn't particularly sophisticated writer either.
>>
>>87517539
OH SHIT, Cap just dropping those Truth Bombs like fucking Fat Man and Littly Boy all over Tony's Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Why is the image titled 'TGT2' though? What was the first one?
>>
>>87515893
>>
File: Donald-Trump-Photos-HD.png (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-Photos-HD.png
2MB, 960x720px
>>87520992
>>
>>87521254
I could believe that is a legitimate quote from The Trumpster.
>>
>>87520992
It's true though: you look like the bad guy to the rest of the world and they all dog-pile on you.
>>
Civil War II was always a mistake, anon.

>Made explicitly to have synergy with the movie, to the point where Bendis killed Rhodey because it seemed the same would happen in the movie
>Using Bendis in general, when his forte isn't continuity-based at all (see: Ultimate Spider-Man and Jessica Jones being his best works, both of which were blank slates story-wise)
>Writing Captain Marvel as a bitchy tyrant who's using Ulysses for absolute control, while immediately going YAAAS GIRL in the following monthly
>Pushing Captain Marvel as their Wonder Woman archetype without even realizing why she's not popular
>Giving Bendis only a few months to work out the plot
>And then making constant delays regardless
>INHUMANS INHUMANS INHUMANS DO YOU LIKE INHUMANS YET
>DAMN YOU DOCTOR STRANGE
>Killing off random characters just because they could, putting a wrench into basically every other monthly book not Bendis-written
>Bendis being so mum about the event, other authors had to rewrite their books after being told the plot would differ
>Will be followed by ANOTHER reboot, most likely another event within six months, making the event fundamentally useless
>>
>>87517539
What is up with Cap's ears on that costume? Who the fuck thought that was a good design?
>>
>>87521909
Civil War 1 wasn't exactly a sterling example of a good idea either while we're at it
>>
>>87519340
When was the last time somebody was hanged in a developed nation as punishment for a crime and not by a lynch mob
>>
Racial profiling is good tho
>>
>>87517539
What's funny is that, if I'm not mistaken, Tony used technology to assimilate something close to precognition in the first Civil War. Sure it was using data, numbers and statistics but Tony built a fucking machine/program that could technically tell the future. Either he's a giant fucking hypocrite (not entirely out of character) or Bendis didn't read the first Civil War (which is very likely).
>>
>>87519286
Most writers with any semblance of humanity escaped Marvel; the rest have become part of the Marlel meme machine and think they can do no wrong now that they have super popular movies, Disney backup and the sensitive bloggers "buying" their shit. They have their heads so far up their own ass hey can't see that the actual fanbase that buys heir shit are getting sick and tired, leaving them in favor of someone who doesn't mind catering to everyone equally.
>>
>>87520693
Nah, this is Captain HYDRA. He's dropping flakes of truth, but the real bomb is him throwing Tony off his game and making him make stupid mistakes by accusing him of drinking again.
>>
File: consider the following.png (96KB, 587x337px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
96KB, 587x337px
Science Fiction is supposed to explore the societal and moral implications of new, emerging, or theoretical technology.

Capeshit is Sci-Fi for dummies.
>>
>>87517624
She has been pretty shit this volume and the vote chapter makes me feel like Wilson may make Kamala preachy in order to synergize with waid.
>>
>>87528902
It doesn't have to be.
>>
>>87517633
And at the same time him getting angry that Rhodey died made no sense. He didn't even warn Carol about someone dying while fighting Thanos, he warned her about what would happen if a superhero was seen as a threat. Of course this goes back to what >>87517455
was saying.
>>
>>87523657
If you told me 10 years ago that Marvel would try to do Civil War again in the form of AvX and Civil War II and make it far worse than Millar's Civil War (which I already thought was getting bad with each issue) I would've laughed at you.

Yet here we are. How did it get so fucking bad?
>>
>>87515893
>equating stealing MILITARY GRADE ARTILLERY to standing on a corner too long

this generation is fucking done for
>>
>>87521311
Yeah see the last two US wars

tumblr pm is just terrible at explaining his points
>>
File: 1454947507882.gif (725KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1454947507882.gif
725KB, 446x251px
>>87515893
>>87517624
>>87517708

One of her books hinted at her teaming up with ninja terrorist to rig the Ulysees System to prove to Carol that it could be wrong and manipulated. I know she's young and stupid so this makes sense in her mind. Instead of just telling Carol about her objections with the minority (pun not intended) reporting she teams up with a known terrorist to make Carol look bad? Honestly I'm surprised she isn't on a terrorist watch list now or at least considered compromised in some way. Also Carol Youth's Becky technically became right about Kam and that's the worst thing overall. Ugh Marvel pic fucking related.
>>
>>87517421
Not exactly what happened. Iron Man acknowledged that although Thor had the best intentions in mind, the end result could be disasterous. Because the Eastern European shithole was right next to Lavetaria and Doom was not known for his paitence or tolerance of outside interference.

Tony calmly asked Thor to stop what he was doing, but Thor told him that he couldn't avoid the situation as his worshipers were getting slaughtered.

The whole US army thing was bunch of generals who had no ties to Tony, deciding to take the conflict into their own hands. Tony had nothing to do with that.

See, in that conflict neither side was inherintly wrong. Thor wanted to save his people who were doing nothing wrong, other than worshipping him. Tony, his posistion was looking at it from a long term perspective and thought that intervening would cause a domino effect which could lead to an all-out war between multiple countries, which could have disastorous consequences.

The conflict exploded due to a mixture of various factors, including Doom's manipulations and Thor losing his shit at Iron Man using a gift Thor had given him to stop the God of Thunder.

See that's what both Civil Wars lacked. Perspectives. In the first one the Registration act was so badly defined that it was really impossible to understand why someone was following it or against it. Meanwhile the second Civil War makes no sense as the entire purpose and point to the character of Ulyssess made no sense, nor do the characters motivations or actions. We are expected to just supposed to run with it.

In fact, that's why Standoff is better than Civil War. It makes sense while keeping all of the characters, well in character. Tony is being a futurist, without dropping that word every five seconds, Thor is being the All-Father and the protector of his people, while Captain America is being the voice of reason and the guy who gets the two to stand down.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.