[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Trinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: Trinity-2.jpg (163KB, 665x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity-2.jpg
163KB, 665x1009px
>Superman
>Action Comics
>New Super-Man
>Superwoman
>Supergirl

>Batman
>All Star Batman
>Detective Comics
>Batgirl
>Nightwing
>Batgirl and the BOP
>Batman Beyond

>Wonder Woman

>Trinity
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>SuperSons

Do you think there should be more than one WW book?
>>
>>87513514
You mean bring back Sensational comics ? I will be down to that, beside that book what else can you do with WW ?
>>
>it's Donna's continuity is fucked up xD episode
>it's Cassie borefest episode
>it's Steve Trevor faps to Diana's nudes episode
>thanks a lot for not giving me ARGUS book with Steve and Booster Gold, though
No, I don't think so.
>>
>>87513514
There's an upcoming WW book about Amazons coming into Man's world isn't there?
>>
>>87513514
what's the difference between Superman and Action Comics?

all the other books focus on different characters but those two are both about Superman
>>
>>87513514
No, bu the bat line and the super line should have less.
>>
>>87513588
One is fun action romp, other is worshiping Superman like second Jesus.
>>
>>87513562
>I will be down to that
Remember the panel when the lion farted?
Maybe it's for the best if Sensational Comics stays dead.
>>
>>87513514
>Trinity
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>SuperSons

Wouldn't NSM fit with this line more? I mean, Kenan does have his own version of Batman and Wonder Woman after all.

And to answer your question, it would be awesome if we got another Wonder book about the Amazons, but I don't think Wondy is capable of carrying more than one book unfortunately.
>>
>>87513580
It's a mini through
>>
>>87513588
Action Comics usually has a bit more freedom instead of strict Superman stories. Maybe it's a story about Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy, Supergirl, Steel, Mon-El, or even one of Metropolis' super villains.
>>
>>87513514
What other books could spin off from Wonder Woman though?

Both Donna and Cassie are more associated with the Teen Titans than Wondy
Artemis is already a member of Red Hood's Outlaws

Who's left, Nubia?
>>
>>87513514
They already had to kill Superman/Batman to shoehorn Wonder Woman in it

No thanks
>>
>>87513514
>wanting more trinity shit
No thank you
>>
>>87513562
>>87513631
They wouldn't have to do Sensation Comics like they did it recently, which was as a second rate digital first comic with newbie writers and artists.

Really they should have had Rucka's Year One in one book and his Wonder Woman in the other, but I guess Wondie has just never had the popularity to sell two books at once.
>>
>>87513514
Problem is most of Wondy's supporting cast doesn't have enough fan backing to warrant a solo. Cheetah is the most high profile, but she just got turned back into a human. Donna is around, but again not enough fans.

We had Sensation Comics for a while but that ended. Legend of Wonder Woman is getting a digital sequel in 2017. Would be nice to get more consistent Wondy books
>>
>Main WW book is focused on Greek shit, Amazons and Diana's character and backstory
>Sensation Comics goes full Golden Age with weird alien villains and crazy stories
I'd read it.
>>
File: NobodyReadsWonderWoman.jpg (292KB, 500x912px) Image search: [Google]
NobodyReadsWonderWoman.jpg
292KB, 500x912px
>>87513887
No one else would
>>
Another, in-continuity volume of 'Sensation Comics' would be the obvious way to go; only problem there is, you're likely stuck abiding by whatever Greg says. Another problem is distinguishing it from the main WW book, which is still trying to define who WW is and what her world consists of; until that all gets settled you're making stabs in the dark and walking on eggshells.

Donna's stuck with the Titans and until they figure out what to do with her, she's not getting an ongoing. Maybe a miniseries once they figure out what her origin is supposed to be in the post- Rebirth era.

Cassie could totally land her own ongoing series now that she's twisting in the wind and free of the Teen Titans. Teenage girl superhero on her own, and all that. Only problem there, Cassie is Cassie: not enough people care.

Artemis MIGHT become popular enough down the road to land a mini provided her turn as a Red Hood and the Outlaws costar works out. That's many many many months down the road, though.
>>
>>87513887
This would be good. Keep one book mythology and the other on super villains.
>>
>>87514094
>the main WW book, which is still trying to define who WW is and what her world consists of
>just had a three year arc dedicated to doing that
>now they're ignoring it all and starting over (again)
Jesus Christ, this character is doomed
>>
>>87514142
The problem is that despite all these attempts at "defining" her, pretty much everyone still feels like she's undefined. I don't know why, but there it is.

I really feel like she kind of needs an animated series in the BTAS/STAS vein. Something that doesn't try to reinvent her, but instead distills and modernises her base concepts and forms a "foundation" of sorts. If it was a TV show, there wouldn't be that sense of it being "just another modern Wonder Woman run".
I have a lot of ideas for it and I'm sad that it'll never happen.
>>
>>87514194
>but instead distills and modernises her base concepts
Marston was a lunatic and the base concepts of his creation are just not compatible with modern thinking. Maybe in a decade or two if the SJWs take over we'll be ready to accept a bdsm-centric matriarchal propaganda hero
>>
>>87513610
>the bat line and the super line should have less
Nah the superman line only have five books, but the bat line should definitely be less.

Cancel the solo Batgirl book (because why the heck does she have two books?) and Batman Beyond.
>>
>>87513642
>Wouldn't NSM fit with this line more? I mean, Kenan does have his own version of Batman and Wonder Woman after all

You do have a point.

>Trinity
>RHATO
>New Super-Man
>SuperSons

This line is definitely the greatest of Rebirth.
>>
>>87513801
Make a book about Steve Trevor and ARGUS, then do what this guy says here: >>87513887

The best thing Azz did for Wonder Woman was make the greek gods interesting for the first time ever. Wonder Woman as God of War was great. Why the fuck can't they do a book that continues that shit, instead of bringing back Fetta Fatty and Cheetah again.
>>
>>87514577
Azz did literally nothing with Wonder Woman as God of War, it changed nothing

It only appealed to power level fags who liked the concept more than the execution or what it actually meant
>>
>>87514577
>Wonder Woman as God of War was great
God of War WW was bullshit, especially tied to Ares
>>
File: 1474613707169.jpg (2MB, 3036x1816px) Image search: [Google]
1474613707169.jpg
2MB, 3036x1816px
>>87514469
>Trinity
>RHATO
>New Super-Man
>SuperSons

This is objectively the strongest line of Rebirth and while I'm not really interested in SuperSons, I do think it's has a lot of potential to become really fun book.
>>
>>87514760
>This is objectively the strongest line of Rebirth
I agree. What do you think the second best rebirth line?

Titans? Green Lantern? Superman? Or Batman?
>>
>>87513580
Wonder Woman gets a lot of minis and OGNs lately.
>>
>>87514837
Gotta milk those moviegoers.
>>
>>87514577
Steve Trevor and ARGUS book could be cool, but it needs more than Trevor as a focus because he's pretty bland

Maybe team him up with Barbara Ann Minerva, the Lara Croft of the DC universe who sometimes turns into a furry. Have it be a globetrotting archaeology book searching for mystical artifacts that are causing trouble.

This could be a great place to add in Cassie too since her mother is an archaeologist, she grew up around dig sites, and in the nu52 she actually stole the artifacts that give her powers from an expedition.
>>
>when you want a specific Batman book but can't say it because there are already too many
>>
>>87515098
Which one?
>>
>>87514822
>What do you think the second best rebirth line?
Let's see..

>Titans
>Teen Titans
>Deathstroke
Titans is meh, TT has potential but I think having the current artist leaving will hurt it and Deathstroke is good.

>Green Lanterns
>Hal Jordan and the GLC
Really enjoying GLs, but the writing isn't strong and HJTGLC is good.

>Superman
>Action Comics
>Superwoman
>Supergirl
Superman is fun, the rest is meh.

>Batman
>All Star Batman
>Detective Comics
>Batgirl
>Nightwing
>Batgirl and the BOP
>Batman Beyond
Boring.

I guess it's between GL and Titans. I will only choose GL as the second best because I always liked GL mythology more than Titans, but there's no denying that Titans have a potential to be better in the future.
>>
>>87513801
The Archaeological Adventures of Barbara Ann Minerva.
Just needs a snappier name.
>>
>>87515215
World of Wonders
>>
>>87514858
But by lately I meant the last several years.
>>
>>87514577
Steve Trevor having ARGUS adventures should be secondary backup stories because let's just be honest with ourselves and say that a Steve Trevor book wouldn't sell. Just having Sensational Comics be a success is already enough of a challenge.
>>
>>87515830
>WWEO
>Legend of Wonder Woman
>Legend of Wonder Woman sequel
>The True Amazon
>Sensation Comics
>WW '77
>the new mini without Diana

WWEO is the only one from more than 2 years ago
The rest came around because DC panicked about their lack of WW shit when BvS and her solo movie was around the corner
>>
>>87513514
I'm glad no one is pushing "Flash is good" meme on /co/ at least.
>>
>>87517145
/co/ is severely disappointed in Flash, desu.
Except last issue because IT HAS TWO WALLIES, BASED DC.
>>
No. There's too many Superman and Batman books. Batman mostly.
>>
>>87517145
Flash #1-5 was dogshit. Flash #6 was one of my favorite issues of the year.
>>
>>87513514
They had that mini series recently, not to mention WW 77 and Sensational WW (which I haven't read but from that one page was prolly meh to bad)

Plus Earth One biz recently, and that other trade that came out recently.
>>
>>87513514
Just give Azarello a non-canon mythology centered Wonder Woman book
>>
>>87517273
> implying godspeed was ever good

pls

>>87517173
it really felt like rebirth after that horseshit arc. i have no idea why they gave it a filler treatment, wally deserved better.
>>
>>87517369
...Fuck, I meant #9. I think I truncated the length of the Godspeed arc in my head because it was so bad.
>>
>>87517253

One could argue that the vast majority of Batman comics being published today are barely about the character himself including Batman.
>>
>>87517755
And this what piss me off about the Batman line.

I actually like Bruce Wayne and I freaking want to read about him instead of these forced pet characters, but none of the Batman books about him and I even wonder what's the point of having him in Tec when he serves no purpose there.
>>
>>87517942

Nobody's fault but DC. He's such a keystone to their business model that everyone seems afraid to write about him, so they write around him. Or if they do write about him, they touch on the same thematic elements as everyone else because that's all they know to write.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.