[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: doctor st-.jpg (158KB, 1400x888px) Image search: [Google]
doctor st-.jpg
158KB, 1400x888px
Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant prick

One day, while wallowing in his own hubris, his car blows up and he suffers a horrible debilitating injury.

What follows is months of suffering and self-searching as he slowly and painfully sheds his own self delusions and pretenses. He struggles to free himself from his rock-bottom situation, reforging his character into something greater

But he still makes jokes and one-liners that are inappropriate to the situation, much to the chagrin of everyone around him

Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury, and in the process of trying to perfect this, his genius leads him to mastering something new and revolutionary

But it's not all smooth sailing, as it turns out his mentor was not all that they seemed, and he must deal with this betrayal and the repercussions caused by it

Also there's this spunky little coworker-sidekick-love interest who's constantly rolling her eyes at his quirky antics.
>>
Tony is still an asshole by the end. Point of Dr. Strange is that his entire life is about learning, and by the end he's very much a different person than Tony was at the end of Iron Man.
>>
>>87476464
>>
>(You)

Though I'm sure you'll get more responses in a little bit just be patient.
>>
>>87493229
I liked seeing iron man 1 again desu
>>
File: 1478361798018.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1478361798018.png
255KB, 770x711px
>I-IT'S NOT FAIR
>WHY CAN'T DC BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS MARVEL?
>>
>>87493229
>Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury
He doesn't,though. His hands are still trembling at the end of the movie.

>But it's not all smooth sailing, as it turns out his mentor was not all that they seemed, and he must deal with this betrayal and the repercussions caused by it

Wasn't a betrayal though. TAO tapped into the power of Dormammu out of responsibility. The repercussions were the entire plot of the movie (Kaecilius and his zealots only split from Kamar-Taj after finding out TAO embellished the truth about her longevity; Mordo will be a villain in an upcoming installment)

>Also there's this spunky little coworker-sidekick-love interest who's constantly rolling her eyes at his quirky antics.

You got that down correctly. Pic related.
>>
>>87493546
>B-BUT DC,WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Keep circle jerking lonely faggot :^)
>>
>>87493712
Why is Wong the best waifu?
>>
>>87493229
>>87493262
Bingo. The arcs are similar, but they differ in key ways. Tony learns to be more ethical and sympathetic; he's still a narcissist at the end of the day. Strange learns humility and to let go of his ego. He becomes willing not only to sacrifice himself for the greater good, but to do it potentially forever.
>>
>>87494163

>Strange learns humility and to let go of his ego. He becomes willing not only to sacrifice himself for the greater good, but to do it potentially forever.

I wish the movie had done a better job showing this. Like have him noticeably older at the end or something
>>
>>87494186

I'm sorry but you're literally retarded.

What would age have to do with humility or ego?

He also didn't age so why would he be noticeably older?

Your post was so stupid I had to give you a (you)
>>
Do people still watch MCU trash?
>>
>>87493229
Wow look at all this Jesus symbolism in the MCU. No wonder nobody likes it.
>>
>>87496257
>>87496385
Is this bait?
This is bait.
Bait this is!
Is bait this?
>>
>>87494186
Woudln't make sense given the time loop.
But it's actually more effective that way. He knows it's relaly forever. He'll never age or go through old age and it's all in another dimension so there's no rescue.

But ultimately I think the reason it makes for a good resolution is because he wins by losing.
>>
>>87493229
>Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant prick
Rich is pretty subjective. I don't think Strange was necessarily super rich, he just bought suave shit with his surgeon money and never saved. They so in the movie. If you're Stark-level rich, you don't go bankrupt after seven hand surgeries.

>One day, while wallowing in his own hubris, his car blows up and he suffers a horrible debilitating injury.
I suppose so, but that's an element of the original comic, not some storytelling flaw in the MCU films as you're implying.

>But he still makes jokes and one-liners that are inappropriate to the situation, much to the chagrin of everyone around him
Have you ever read a Marvel comic? This is a staple of Stan Lee's writing. Besides, I bet you can count the number of 'MCU-quips' made by Strange on one hand.

>Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury, and in the process of trying to perfect this, his genius leads him to mastering something new and revolutionary
This is way off-base. Stark's problem is fixed for him by Ho Yinsen, and he eventually improves his technique. That's at the beginning of the film. Strange doesn't make progress with his hands until the very end. I'm not even talking about being fully healed - he just finally manages to stretch his fingers out all the way.

>But it's not all smooth sailing, as it turns out his mentor was not all that they seemed, and he must deal with this betrayal and the repercussions caused by it
Monger hardly plays the 'mentor' role in Iron Man. Not to the extent the Ancient One does. Nor does the Ancient One ever 'betray' anyone. She just used magic that the others didn't particularly care for.

>Also there's this spunky little coworker-sidekick-love interest who's constantly rolling her eyes at his quirky antics.
You mean Christine? Who was in like three scenes? There's no comparison between her and Pepper, who was essentially a secondary protagonist in Iron Man.
>>
>>87493229
>Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury, and in the process of trying to perfect this, his genius leads him to mastering something new and revolutionary

this part didn't happen to Dr. Strange though. At the end his hands were still fucked up and he only knew some basic spells.
>>
File: DrZEI[1].png (47KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
DrZEI[1].png
47KB, 180x240px
>>87494163
>He becomes willing not only to sacrifice himself for the greater good, but to do it potentially forever

Strange confirmed for Shirou.
>>
>>87493229
>Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury,
He literally did not

This wasn't in Strange
>>
I just saw it a couple hours ago and when I was walking out of the theater my first thought was "This was Iron Man done right".

Because Tony didn't really grow. He's still the "fuck it, whatever I want" guy at the end of the movie where he goes off speech and says he's Iron Man.

Whereas Strange went from being the guy that always has to win even if it's petty shit like when a song was made to being willing to lose, again and again, literally forever, for the sake of people that would never know about it. There's much more of a character arc there.
>>
>>87499589
I'd say Iron Man does that story right and suits the character better because it shows that Tony's character hasn't changed from the loveable asshole he was before, just his actions; he's now willing to be ethical and give a damn about other people (sometimes).

Strange's is more powerful because the experience he has is more enlightening and legitimately identity-changing. Tony Stark is given perspective by his kidnapping, but Strange is profoundly humbled by his experience at Kamar Taj and the loss of his hands.
>>
File: 1449178982790.gif (2MB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1449178982790.gif
2MB, 125x125px
>>87493229
Al you're doing is making me realize "oh shit! They really ARE settin him up to be the next Tony/RDJ/MCUMC!"
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.