[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

When it comes to capeshit comics, I'm mostly a DC fanboy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: JY7UHlj.png (2MB, 3100x750px) Image search: [Google]
JY7UHlj.png
2MB, 3100x750px
When it comes to capeshit comics, I'm mostly a DC fanboy, but the MCU has gotten me really interested in Marvel.

Any recommended Marvel reading? From the MCU, my favorites are Cap, Star-Lord, Daredevil, Reyes Ghost Rider, and Daisy Johnson.
>>
File: Cosmic Marvel.jpg (521KB, 1960x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic Marvel.jpg
521KB, 1960x1810px
>>87487682
>Star-Lord
>>
>>87487682
Honestly most of modern marvel isn't that good.

Currently thing thing I have from them is Powerman and iron fist, and the Cage mini.
>>
>>87487682
On the off chance this isn't a baitpost, All-New Ghost Rider (Robbie's original series) is great, and he's getting a new one by the same author.
>>
>>87487682
Waid's Daredevil run is really good, also the Brubaker run on Captain America is probably the best run the character's had.

>>87487721
Cosmic Marvel starting at Annihilation was fantastic
>>
>>87487682
>Cap
Personally I prefer the Silver and Bronze Age stuff, but Brubaker and Remender are both good modern runs. Although the latter was interrupted by his bad break with Marvel and Spencer doesn't handle his plots too well.
>Star-Lord
>>87487721
Avoid everything from NOW 1.0 onwards. He's been tainted by Bendis.
>Daredevil
Almost every run he's had is good. Even Bendis'. Start with Frank Miller's.
>Reyes Ghost Rider
All-New Ghost Rider.
>Quake
I believe she was most prominent in Secret Warriors, which I've seen recommend but haven't gotten around too myself.
>>
>>87487682
>Star-Lord
yeah, >>87487721
>Daredevil
I'd start with "man without fear" (a retelling of the origin story the Netflix show heavily borrowed from) and then read some of the other storylines and runs recommended here
>Ghost Rider
All-New Ghost Rider is basically all there is so far
>Quake
Secret Warriors is the best story I think, and one of the few where she has a prominent role. It's also where many elements from Agents of SHIELD and some of Winter Soldier come from.
>>
>>87487682
>Daisy Johnson
Secret Invasion (core mini) and then follow into Secret Invasion.
>>
>>87487682 (OP)
>>87488070
>Secret Invasion x2

FUCK, I meant Secret Warriors.
>>
>>87487682
Gonna echo everyone in here saying Brubaker Cap.

I like Remender's run, especially the Dimension Z stuff, but it just doesn't get better than BuckyCap and Widow's American Murder Extravaganza.

Here's what you do OP:
Captain America v.5 #1-25 (Civil War proper optional)-->Winter Soldier: Winter Kills One-Shot-->CA v.5 #26-600 (there's a renumbering)--Captain America Reborn #1-6-->Captain America: Who Will Wield the Shield? One-Shot-->Steve Rogers: Super Soldier #1-4-->Captain America #601-619-->Fear Itself #1-3 (4-7 optional)-->Fear Itself #7.1-->Winter Soldier v.1 #1-14

And boom.

Supplemental reading could be:
The Marvels Project
Captain America & Bucky #620-628 (lighthearted stories about the glory days, mostly)
Captain America v.6 #1-19 (this comes after Fear Itself, but Winter Soldier is the "true" continuation of the Brubaker run)

Enjoy!

>>87487856
>the latter was interrupted by his bad break with Marvel
Do you think he came up with the HydraCap story? He played with the notion of a Cosmic Cube completely rewriting a person's history in issue 5 or so of ANCA.
>>
Read Golden Age Captain America comics from around issue 8 onward.

Cap has a reputation of being a big serious sentinel of American Values, but in the 40's he was just a guy who slept in all the time and kept getting thrown in solitary when he wasn't crime fighting because he goofed on the job.
>>
File: 3000588.jpg (69KB, 311x346px) Image search: [Google]
3000588.jpg
69KB, 311x346px
>>87487682
>I'm mostly a DC fanboy, but the MCU has gotten me really interested in Marvel.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.