[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I forgot to check in here when this came out to see the reaction.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Infamous-Iron-Man-1-cover.jpg (247KB, 1000x1517px) Image search: [Google]
Infamous-Iron-Man-1-cover.jpg
247KB, 1000x1517px
I forgot to check in here when this came out to see the reaction. What do you guys think of it so far, and will they do doom justice?

Personally I don't know why he downgraded to a Iron man suit, but I'm hopeful.
>>
>>87482052
>Will they do Doom justice?
Unfortunately its Bendis, so no anon, they will not.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 481x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 481x266px
>>87482052
Does Bendis and Doom ever mix?
>>
>>87482052
The first issue left me with low expectations.
>>
It looks like a slow burn.

I prefer it that way. He just went from creating a multiversal religion around himself in a failed bid to save all of existence only to end up trying to preserve the last vestiges of the previous multiverse in a pocket universe of his creation. Then he learned he is just a jealous asshole and the guy he hates most could do it better.

Now he is mortal again and not even disfigured. He is a guy that has done absolutely all he set out to do and seems to have set his sights inward, he is going to work on himself now.

Next issue is Ben kicking his ass. I look forward to it.
>>
I dislike maleev art
>>
I'm still trying to figure out why they published it so early, but I fucking like the concept.
>>
>>87482052
>>87483499
>being excited for current Bendis
>on Doom no less, which is foolish as >>87483414 proves
Why
>>
>>87483499
But why's he "Iron Man"? I can get him being humbled and looking for something new but why Iron Man? Even humbled, I can't see Doom taking the mantle of someone else, let alone someone who's not even ever really been his real rival or anything.
>>
>>87482052
>What do you guys think of it so far
It's mediocre-to-bad.
>and will they do doom justice?
Bendis.
>Personally I don't know why he downgraded to a Iron man suit, but I'm hopeful.
Because he thinks that if anyone's going to be Iron Man it would be best to be him, or... something.
>>
>>87486534
So you want Doom as "Mr Fantastic"?
>>
>>87482052

>written by Bendis

No, it's not gonna be good
>>
>>87486534
He wants a name with some built-in name recognition among the hero community, and he already wears a mech-suit so Iron Man is the best, available option.
>>
File: earth-x reed doom.jpg (248KB, 1280x687px) Image search: [Google]
earth-x reed doom.jpg
248KB, 1280x687px
>>87488252
We've had the reverse situation several times in multiple continuities, even in 616.
Maker is Ult!Doom, more or less.
And then there's pic related.
>>
>>87490517
On the flip side, I can think of at least one What If and at least one issue of Exiles where Dr. Doom and Iron Man were reversed. I think people do forget that Doom was used pretty often as an Iron Man villain. The Fantastic Four, and particularly Reed, were always Doom's archenemy, but Iron Man was still a secondary antagonist in his Rogue's Gallery.

Other than calling himself "Dr. Fantastic," Iron Man is the next best legacy role he could take.
>>
>>87483499
>seems to have set his sights inward, he is going to work on himself now.
>muh character progression
>in cape comics
No. He's just going to wear the armor for half a year until Bendis gets bored. Then Victor will reveal his ultimate plan that he had all along, and will go back to being Dr Doom. As it should be.

Wipe Bendis from the face of the Earth, God. And also the people who blindly support him. "Slow burn" my ass.
>>
>>87490129
>He wants a name with some built-in name recognition
>He
No. MARVEL wants the name recognition. It's not a story-driven decision. It's a sales-driven decision.
>>
>>87490901
Well obviously it's only temporary. Tony will be back in a year, maybe two if sales are good for Victor/Riri, and Doom will go back to doing what he does and Ironheart will probably get a spin-off book that'll last 12 issues before a relaunch.

I bet the books Bendis is on after he's done with GotG and Iron Man will be Defenders and Fantastic Four, with Miles and Riri's ongoings as his pet projects.
>>
>>87490929
That's the out-of-universe reason. >>87490129
is the in-universe reason.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.