[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: doctor st-.jpg (158KB, 1400x888px) Image search: [Google]
doctor st-.jpg
158KB, 1400x888px
Dr Strange is about a rich genius who is also a suave arrogant prick

One day, while wallowing in his own hubris, his car blows up and he suffers a horrible debilitating injury.

What follows is months of suffering and self-searching as he slowly and painfully sheds his own self delusions and pretenses, as he struggles to free himself from his rock-bottom situation, reforging his character into something greater

Eventually he finds way to artificially fix his debilitating injury, and in the process of trying to perfect this with his massive genius, he winds up becoming a complete master of something revolutionary.

He also makes lots of quips and one-liners.

But it's not all smooth sailing, as it turns out his mentor was not all that they seemed, and he must deal with this betrayal and the repercussions caused by it

Also there's this spunky little redheaded coworker/sidekick/love interest who's constantly rolling her eyes at his quirky antics. They have a cute relationship.
>>
File: goatee.jpg (50KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
goatee.jpg
50KB, 600x316px
>>
>>87476464
>spunky little redheaded coworker/sidekick/love interest who's constantly rolling her eyes at his quirky antics
Not only was Palmer NOT a redhead, she wasn't the "exasperated eye-roller" type.
>>
>>87476464
Blame Stan Lee and Steve Ditko for reusing a backstory that had already been written earlier that year, five decades ago. There's not much the filmmaker could do about it, unless they were going to reinvent Strange's origin and go against the comics.
>>
>wallowing in his own hubris
>opening of Iron Man was literally him listening to Back In Black and bantering with some US soldiers in a humvee
>>
>>87476464

You just described Batman.
>>
>>87478911
I'll be honest, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've read the comics, and I'm a little at a loss as to why Palmer has to be in the movie at all. Clea is the clearly superior choice if they wanted a love interest.
>>
>>87479117

She's kinda there so Strange has a connection to normal Earth in the movie.
>>
It's almost as if Marvel has built a franchise out of remaking Iron Man over and over again.
>>
>>87479140
Its almost like Joseph Campbell defined the Hero's Journey.
>>
>>87478862
Awesome facial hair bros?
>>
>>87479117
>>87479133
Yeah they didn't "NEED" her but her reactions were funny and very endearing.
>>
>>87476464
There's two ways to look at this. First, there are millions of stories using this same story archetype. Second,

>Stan Lee in charge of creativity
>>
>>87479378
>Stan Lee in charge of creativity
Some say Stan Lee never wrote anything. I dispute that. Why? Because his Dormammu and Doctor Doom talk the exact same way.
>>
File: carlos.png (120KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
120KB, 425x282px
>>87476464
No shit, Sherlock.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.