[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The movie is decent but it's underwritten as fuck. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: cf5nqhcxiae59i9-jpg-large.jpg (115KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cf5nqhcxiae59i9-jpg-large.jpg
115KB, 691x1024px
The movie is decent but it's underwritten as fuck.

It's clear they wanted to hit all the points of a generic MCU and superhero movie without doing the footwork to get there. The story feels entirely made by the committee. I highly doubt this is Robert Cargill's work because it just doesn't seem like him(shout out to former spillios). I'm a huge Marvel cuck but c'mon you have to admit the formula is in full effect here.
>>
File: Thirst.jpg (137KB, 662x489px) Image search: [Google]
Thirst.jpg
137KB, 662x489px
>>87470244
It felt so quick, quicker than Ant Man or any MCU film I can think of. Where's the rest of the movie? It's decent but they barely use Wong, Kaecilius is yet another wasted villain and there wasn't even an epic training montage ffs. Even Kung Fu Panda had one of those!!
>>
>>87470244
It's got a lot more of Cargill than you think, even when he was on spill he had the same sense of humor. And both his books have the same feel, maybe a bit darker and more adult but I never would have expected marvel to lett most of his dark shit fly.

Also he strait up made the joke about Thor's endless mug of beer while talking to Strange.
>>
>>87470521
They wanted to avoid exposition dumps by plowing through the film quickly, but that means you gloss over a lot of important stuff. I wanted more of Strange's life. I wanted to feel his arrogance rather than being spoonfed it in quick chunks.
But it did let us get to the trippy fight scenes sooner, and I appreciated that. Also, Wong was great, and I though Kaecilius was actually a pretty good villain (He's a fanatic for another, higher power, and thus all he really needs to do is appropriately hype the audience up for his Big Bad master, and I thought he pulled that zealotry off great)
>>
>>87470244
The plot is definitely formula but honestly, it's the least important part of the film anyway.

It's the first blockbuster in years where the visuals actually wowed me, and the characters are likeable and interesting enough to keep tension during the action sequences.
>>
>>87470521
>It felt so quick
Really?
I thought it was going to end when they all got got pulled into Mirror Man's dimension.
I felt satisfied.
>>
>by the end of the movie his hands are still shaky

I don't get what this was supposed to mean
>>
>>87470654
>he pulled that zealotry off great
I was satisfying to see him die. He even had that last moment of regret.

A little bugged everyone seems to know about these fucking infinity stones besides s.h.i.e.l.d.
>>
>>87470729
Jesus are you thick?

It means even though he had come so far he still has a far way to go. He even had a moment where he was humbled by it and let that other dude do the procedure.
>>
File: STRANGE TALES 157 022.jpg (233KB, 639x596px) Image search: [Google]
STRANGE TALES 157 022.jpg
233KB, 639x596px
>>87470244
I ain't feeling you OP.
This was my first MCU movie post-readingfuckingeverything and instead of coming away bitter and disappointed like I thought I'd be it's probably my new favourite. It was the most unique one of these has felt since GotG.
Then again my old favourite was one of the Thor movies so I'm not exactly an analyst. Any problems I had are easily explained by the fact that it's only the first movie of an intended franchise and I'm a consumer whore who sees no issue with that.
>>
File: 1433121615770.png (143KB, 332x394px) Image search: [Google]
1433121615770.png
143KB, 332x394px
>>87470771
>I was satisfying to see him die.
He fucking WISHES he died.
>yfw you noticed the big glowy face-hole
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

I wasn't expecting to hear this in a Marvel movie
>>
File: iron-man-1-poster.jpg (225KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-1-poster.jpg
225KB, 1012x1500px
>>87470521
The whole movie was made in a day.
The script was made in a day.
Marvel can only make a good movie when they have no script.
>>
>>87471004
I fucking did not catch that.
>>
the only thing that was disappointing was that Dormammu wasn't a humanoid

but at least he wasn't a sentient cloud like Galactus
>>
>>87471090
He was IIRC. He was just XBOXHOOG so you only ever saw the face (and an arm that one time).
I like it. Made him feel truly all-powerful and alien. He only even has a humanoid body in the comics to better mingle with the normies, his true state's pure formless energy.
>>
>http://www.alexcox.com/pdfs/DR_STRANGE.pdf

Give this a read, I liked it better than the movie.
>>
>>87470244

So it's like every Marvel Disney movie whew didn't see that coming.
>>
>>87471254
no fuck off
>>
>>87471254
>Lee
>Merlin
>Byron Mordo
I'mma politely decline.
>>
>>87471275
>>87471338
It's actually good though. Would have been awesome if they'd made it back in the 90s.
>>
I haven't read or watched anything Doctor Strange but ended up really liking the character having seen this film.

I enjoyed the film a lot but thought it had it's flaws.One of the big ones for me could easily be put down to this sorta formula film making and the was the humour. I usually enjoy Marvels more light hearted and less serious tone overall but I felt like some of the jokes in this one where unnecessary or just really poorly timed. One with the cape during a fight scene really messed up the flow of the fight for me and took me out of the film a bit it was kinda annoying. There were a couple of good laughs but I really felt this film could have been better with a little less of the usual Marvel studio humour and gone for a slightly more serious tone which I still think work in the MCU.
>>
>>87471408
None of Marvel's 90s movies were good anon. 'Cept maybe Blade.
>>
>>87470244
I felt this way about Guardians of the Galaxy, even though the jokes and aesthetic were the best the MCU's ever had.
>>
Some of the visuals from the commercials made me think it'd at least be fun to go see on acid.
>>
>>87470244
Have you come to bargain?
>>
>>87471445
This one was gonna be written and directed by the guy who made Repo Man though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.