[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paramount buys film rights to Rob Liefeld's "Avengelyne"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: avengelyne03_cover.jpg (303KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
avengelyne03_cover.jpg
303KB, 585x900px
>Paramount has made a preemptive film rights deal for Avengelyne, with Akiva Goldsman producing with an eye toward directing a thriller revolving around a heroine hatched by Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld. Goldsman, who is currently overseeing the Hasbro movies for Paramount after overseeing the Transformers writer room for the studio, will head the search for a screenwriter to draft a movie that is being called John Wick with a fallen angel. Deal was mid against high six figures for the rights.

>Avengelyne is an angel who fights the forces of evil and often finds herself face-to-face with demons and monsters. She was the most feared warrior in Heaven’s Warhost, having single-handedly broken into Pandemonium, the outer fortress of Hell, to confront the Devil himself. She is a fallen angel, banished from Heaven by God after being tricked into questioning his love for humans. Avengelyne was stripped of all her angelic abilities, other than her great strength and her blood, which, once extracted from her body, could be used as a weapon or a miracle once empowered by quoting verses from the Bible. Avengelyne uses her powers to fight demons on earth and is being groomed to be humankind’s last hope in a coming Armageddon. Liefeld several years ago said he would write the movie as a vehicle for fighter-turned-action star Gina Carano. At the time, he explained Avengelyne’s appeal: “Avengelyne resonated so powerfully with the audience because her story of redemption is one that is so relatable. A fallen angel, sentenced to redeem herself by serving humanity, Earth is a foreign environment to her, she must adapt in order to save herself as well as mankind. Her dilemma provides humor amidst the larger plot engine driving her journey. ” There is no actress in line for the role at the moment.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/avengelyne-rob-liefeld-deadpool-akiva-goldsman-paramount-1201848021/
>>
Weren't they making a Prophet movie too? Way more interested on that one, not gonna lie.
>>
>>87464901
>Akiva Goldsman
It definitely will be like a Liefeld book: absolutely craptastic.
>>
>>87464901
I like Avengelyne a lot but let's be honest this is never getting made
>>
>>87465360
If it does, she'll look nothing like she does there.

Another girl in full black bodysuit
>>
>>87464901
Paramount has been making a lot of questionable decisions and have lost a lot of money (even more so than Sony and WB). Ben-Hurr was a huge flop and lost them alot of money (bigger bomb than Tranktasic Four).

Maybe they are hoping if they buy this character by a comic book writer that they can get back in the game.
>>
File: bloodstrike-26-liefeld-cover.jpg (284KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstrike-26-liefeld-cover.jpg
284KB, 585x900px
>>87464901
they chose the wrong character if they wanted a Liefeld character for the Deadpool audience and money
>>
>>87465954
I love these 90s names. You can use them to create more characters. Bloodstrike - Strikeblood
>>
>>87465727
Paramount's been working on a Hasbro shared universe. In fact that's probably part of why Hasbro's been pushing for it in the comics.
>>
>Lumberjanes gets optioned for a movie
>Rat Queens gets its own TV show, as does Bomb Queen
>now this
>meanwhile, the movie adaptations of Madman, The Goon and Nexus languish in production hell
ffs
>>
File: topeng.jpg (207KB, 510x702px) Image search: [Google]
topeng.jpg
207KB, 510x702px
>>87468481
>Rat Queens gets its own TV show, as does Bomb Queen
S-sauce?
>>
>>87469046
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Queens#TV_adaptation
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/25/jimmie-robinsons-bomb-queen-to-be-a-cartoon-series-announced-at-wondercon/
>>
File: 1694932-bloodwulf__1995__1a.jpg (76KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
1694932-bloodwulf__1995__1a.jpg
76KB, 412x640px
Bloodwulf movie when?
>>
>>87470296

needs more pouches
>>
>>87464901

I'm still convinced Liefeld has absolutely no idea how to draw people.
>>
>>87468481
Why would you want those, you already have the comics which are way better than any shitty focus tested movie
At least with Rat Queens and Bomb Queen a TV show has the chance of turning them into something decent and entertaining
>>
>>87472608
>Bomb Queen
I wonder if this book still triggers /co/ so much?
>>
>>87470296
Wow look at that comic joke.

Us comic fans. Ha ha ha! "Jim Lee"!
>>
>>87472643
It's fucking great.
>>
>>87465727
More like Ben-HURR DURR
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>bomb queen TAS

This shit better be on a cable channel or something equally unrestricted.
Censored Bomb Queen sounds like the most retarded idea ever.
>>
>>87472643
It kinda triggers me.

I read it all.

I don't know why I keep reading so many bad comics.
>>
File: 1414160397460.jpg (99KB, 524x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1414160397460.jpg
99KB, 524x1009px
>>87472835
I've read it twice. The edgyness is hilarious.

>mfw Adventures of Bomb Loli never
>>
I hope she's as funny as Deadpool.
>>
Who are the top 5 characters Rob ever created?
1. Cable
2. Domino
3. Deadpool
4. Avengelyne
5. Badrock?
>>
>>87474261
What about John Prophet?
>>
>>87464901

>John wick with a fallen angel.

I don't think they have the writers who could pull that off. It'll be an underworld knockoff at best, and that's being optimistic.
>>
>>87470296
Ah yeas, Leifeld's Edgy Lobo. Anyone got the comic where he kills and eats two women? Good shit
>>
>John wick with a fallen angel.
So they're ditching the swords and having her running around Mozambique Drilling demons?
I'd watch that.
>>
>>87474284
Oh yeah, I forgot about him.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.