[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this man went to art school >this man passed >this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Pendleton_Ward.jpg (2MB, 2252x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Pendleton_Ward.jpg
2MB, 2252x3000px
>this man went to art school
>this man passed
>this man got his own successful cartoon show
>this man singlehandedly took over cartoon network with his style

He did all of this, and yet he cannot draw.

What's your excuse?
>>
I have standards,
>>
>What's your excuse?
I'm not extremely lucky and/or able to attend CalArts.
>>
His arts not that bad, its the fact that every single show copies it is whats shitty
>>
>>87452788
Remember when Adventure Time was just a seven minute pilot that nobody wanted to pick up because it was too zany and offbeat, and /co/ was forever whining that it was one of the great tragedies of the 21st century that a show like that would forever go unproduced?

Fuck you, faggot. This is the future you chose.
>>
>>87452788
>What's your excuse?

I don't allow my life to be dictated by a small minority of people who try to convince me my mediocre skills are worth anything.

I don't have friends who hide their criticisms from my work because they're more interested in riding along my coattails into whatever ivory tower I'm buying my way in to.

In other words, I'm not a massive wealthy cunt.

Also,

>this man went to art school and passed

Is literally a meaningless phrase. A retarded bonobo with one finger who paints with its own shit could pass art school.
>>
>>87452958
>Remember when Adventure Time was just a seven minute pilot that nobody wanted to pick up because it was too zany and offbeat, and /co/ was forever whining that it was one of the great tragedies of the 21st century that a show like that would forever go unproduced?

This. You people seem to forget that this EXACT FUCKING REASON is why Adventure Time got picked up in the first place, and why it initially exploded the way it did. Obviously nobody could have expected it would turn out to be the champion cartoon for the numale Tumblr crowd, but fucking hell you people act like Adventure Time came out of a vacuum.
>>
>>87452788
His art worked for the show he produced. It really did fit Adventure Time's original theme. But now everyone is trying to use a similar style instead of adapting their own, and it's growing stale.
>>
>>87452788
>his style is the only way he can draw
To pass, he needed to know how to actually draw. He chose to draw this way.
>>
>>87452788
i used to use his art as proof that you can do good art without showing any of the elements of human anatomy studies, people insisted he clearly DID study anatomy in order to draw that
fuck all of you, i love this show and always will
>>
Flapjack had a really fun artstyle though, with nice varied line weights, occasional mixed media, and an honest sense of creativity & experimentation. It's really not the same style as its dimestore imitators.
>>
>>87452788
My family isn't fucking loaded.
>>
Ward's a cool guy, I'm sad he kind of retired from the public eye in the past two or so years. Never here much from him anymore.
>>
Part of his success was creating a show so impactful that the industry is still heavily influenced by the work and looks like it will continue to be for a fair amount of time.

He was not even the first to do it explicitly, but AT seems to have been the revolutionary agent in this case.
>>
>>87452958
Honestly, while I don't like the show, the final product turned out a lot better than the pilot. Even as a dipshit kid, watching the inanity of the AT pilot made me want to eat glass. Especially that Abe Lincoln scene.
>>
File: Binge_Drinking_TU.jpg (69KB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
Binge_Drinking_TU.jpg
69KB, 375x250px
>>87453319
>My family isn't fucking loaded
But I'm always loaded anon!
>>
My dad has a good paying job but even I don't think he could have afforded art school for me
>>
File: dr barber.jpg (74KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
dr barber.jpg
74KB, 500x343px
>>87453290
>i used to use his art as proof that you can do good art without showing any of the elements of human anatomy studies

Are you kiddin'? The show often showed a good sense of anatomy at its foundation, even if it looks simple.
It's really clear when the characters make an extreme facial expression too.
>>
>>87452788
I want to frame everyone else's successes as flukes because it's reassuring. If Pendleton Ward's success had nothing to do with his own talents, then that means my own lack of success in life isn't my fault. If Pendleton Ward succeeded because he worked hard and used an appropriate art style for his show, then it means my own anonymity is because I just never tried or took any risks to put myself out there. If the only legitimate success comes from raw inborn talent, then my own failures are a pure accident of birth.

Of course, for all the things that I do have in life, all of that is 100% mine and deserved and nothing I got had anything to do with my family's socioeconomic background.
>>
>>87453539
i know what youre saying, but basically it's all a fluke
if you live in california, you can make it. if you don't, you can't
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.