[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder why Marvel never bothered to do any with this character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Abyss-MVC2-1st-Form-Animation.gif (49KB, 120x205px) Image search: [Google]
Abyss-MVC2-1st-Form-Animation.gif
49KB, 120x205px
I wonder why Marvel never bothered to do any with this character in the comics?
>>
More than likely Capcom owns the character.

I don't think they've done anything with him either.
>>
File: blackbolt stubs his toe.gif (874KB, 297x360px) Image search: [Google]
blackbolt stubs his toe.gif
874KB, 297x360px
To this day, I'm still bothered why Marvel never did any MVC comics. There's infinite room for neat scenarios, like Frank West going to the Marvel Zombies world or Megaman duking it out with Iron Man.

Hopefully the MVC4 rumors are true and we get something out of it, though I'd prefer they'd use more classic incarnations for the Marvel roster. You couldn't pay me to play a game with Squirel Girl in it.
>>
>>87446228
MvC games have 50+ character rosters, you could always NOT use her
>>
Because he's not a Marvel character, he was made up by Capcom
>>
>>87446344
If it was, would you see it being a cosmic tier threat or lower?
>>
>>87446164
The rights to Abyss are probably split between both Marvel and Capcom, such that neither of them can use him without the permission of the other. It's for this same reason why we've never seen the Amalgam characters pop up again in either Marvel or DC's comics (Access, also from the same event, managed to appear once in an issue of Green Lantern, but that was it).

>>87446228
>To this day, I'm still bothered why Marvel never did any MVC comics.

You're telling me. All we've ever gotten was that little promo comic that was bundled with the collector's edition of vanilla MvC3, and included digitally in Ultimate. That "story" by Frank Tieri that Marvel and Capcom touted was a major letdown.
>>
File: 1440733726138.gif (4MB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
1440733726138.gif
4MB, 275x206px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KogNhCMVlk8
>>
File: CANOEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (624KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
CANOEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif
624KB, 480x270px
>>87446688
>Dwaynes where-about's will forever be a mystery
>>
File: SpiderVerseMVC.jpg (149KB, 666x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderVerseMVC.jpg
149KB, 666x1024px
>>87446228
>>87446517
Meanwhile we at least have this scene from that comic series with morlun hunting down multiple spider men.
>>
>>87447639
I will laugh if that actually becomes an easter egg in MvC4 (assuming MvC4 is even a real thing).
>>
>>87446517
>The rights to Abyss are probably split between both Marvel and Capcom
Nope, Capcom owns him 100%, just like Ruby Heart and Amingo.
>>
>>87448315
Ah. Well, that explains why Marvel can't use him, then.

But now the question is, why hasn't Capcom brought Abyss back to serve as a boss in Project X Zone or something?
>>
>>87447639
this joke would be a lot funnier if it wasn't exactly how every other fight in spider-verse went down
>>
>>87447639
This didn't even make sense, Slott probably didn't even bother looking at game footage.
>>
How would you write a story/game featuring Abyss, /co/?
>>
>>87448509
He's implying Morlun took no damage in the fight despite getting hit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.