[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here hyped for this? Hickman described it as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1144.jpg (72KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.jpg
72KB, 659x1000px
Anyone else here hyped for this? Hickman described it as Star Trek gone bad.
>>
>>87444026
I binged East of West recently and really enjoyed it. Hickman knows how to do epic Sci-fi, so I've got high hopes.
>>
>>87444026
>"It's ____ meets ____!"

Eh.
>>
Didn't even know Hickman had a new book coming, will give it a look though.
>>
It's on my pull list.

I've got some problems with Hackmeme, but he's hit a bunch winners and Secret Warriors will forever bring him goodwill from me.
>>
>>87444066
What hasn't been done already though?
>>
>>87444062
Ive been meaning to get into that but I need the download links. They were posted here the other day but I was at work. Might just get the trades.
>>
>>87444026
As much as I love Hickman, it's really hard for me to get hype for ANOTHER new Hickman series when he's constantly launching new books that end up just going on hiatus 4 issues in. I realise that's more because of the artists, but dude needs to focus.
>>
>>87444158
I mean its an Image title, I just go into it expecting a shit ton of delays.
>>
>>87444158
He's drawing this himself.
Maybe to avoid those issues.
>>
>>87444432
Idc about delays as long as its good. Hell Prophet took like 6 years to be done.
>>
>>87444026
>The first words Jonathan Hickman used to describe his new series, Frontier, were "It’s like Star Trek, but super depressing."

The rest of his description did not disappoint.

Sometime in the future, humanity was kicked out of our alliance with a peaceful galactic community for being too prone to violence and disagreement. Cut off from faster-than-light travel — and our extra-solar colonies — Earth’s civilization went into a tailspin. Utopia had been ripped from our hands, and with everyone else out of reach we fought each other tooth and nail over scant resources. When the dust cleared, we formed a homogenous society that sends its undesirables, the Accursed, to a massive prison system on the Moon.

But when the galactic government that cut us off is embroiled in an unexpected conflict, humanity’s worst impulses make us a newly attractive ally. We agree to be cannon fodder in their war in exchange for the keys to the galaxy — and then we send them all of the Accursed.

"People might recognize a bit of Iain Banks Culture series," Hickman told Polygon, "maybe a dash of the Hyperion Cantos, there’s some Eve [Online] mechanics in there," but the "'failed' Star Trek" element to Frontier is the most obvious. And playing with the science fiction trope of humanity’s place in a pan-galactic, interspecies utopia was his primary goal for the series.
>>
>>87444432
I wasn't even aware Hickman could draw. He any good?
>>
>>87444550
"I just wanted the story to reflect kind of how I feel about society right now. Like, why would we assume expansion is going to work out? I mean, I have hope, but that’s it, any expectation I had as a kid when I first started reading this stuff — that the future, or exploration, or colonization is guaranteed — is nonexistent ... I have hope, but the idea that some species would take a long, hard look at humanity and think, ‘Yeah, those guys look awesome, got to have them in our utopian society, immediately’ seems like wishful thinking."

Frontier has a big setting, but it will find its focus in the crew of a single starship, taking the "traditional components of an exploratory vessel," and then subverting them "as hard as we can," according to Hickman.

The writer and artist, already a veteran of several series published with Image Comics — as well as one of the minds behind Marvel’s recent Secret Wars event and the lead up to it — will be writing and drawing Frontier.

"It’s been about eight years since I’ve flown solo and I’m a little rusty," he told Polygon, "so Andy Kuhn is helping me with layouts. But other than that, it’s all me."

Frontier will hit shelves in November, with larger-than-usual 56-page issues for its first arc. (You can check out the cover of issue #1 below.) Hickman expects that it will continue — "The plan is already in place and the story is there" — but as with most episodic media, it all depends on how its first run is received by readers.
>>
>>87444552
A sort of preview is up on Image.
I think he said they were specifically unfinished previews.
It's not bad actually. I'm on phone or I'd post em.
>>
>>87444432
Right, because that worked out so well for Pax Romana.
>>
>>87444552
Hickman was a graphic designer before getting into comics. He actually pulled a Bendis where he was a writer/artist trying to get a job as an artist just for Marvel editors to go "yeah, your art isn't that great, but we like your writing so we'll give you a shot."

You know how every Hickman comic always has graphs and concentric circles everywhere? Those are done by Hickman.
>>
File: 1254208-breen.jpg (786KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1254208-breen.jpg
786KB, 1680x1050px
>>87444026
>Implying Star Trek isn't prime dystopia already.

There's a reason why you mostly see Starfleet personnel/high-rank scientists and others like that on the show.
>>
>>87444026
Where are my Image bros?
>>
>>87446048
/here/
>>
File: IMG_1198.png (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1198.png
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>87444552
not really but his circles and graphs style is special enough
>>
>>87444026
>Star Trek gone bad.
That's a good summary of why I won't be reading it. What an unappealing description
>>
>>87446048
>plural
>>
>>87446263
You sound like a fagelo. Space comics are the future of the industry.
>>
>>87446263
not if you dislike the star trek concept for starters
>>
>>87444550
Okay now I'm interested.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.