[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /co/ hate Rucka? Is he a hack? A hit or miss average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (35KB, 312x470px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
35KB, 312x470px
Why does /co/ hate Rucka?

Is he a hack? A hit or miss average talent? Or a terrible writer who happens to have the support of the industry? Would you trust him with your hero?
>>
His Batman sucked
>>
He is a good writer. But /co/ hates him because he is SJW
>>
I liked his Spider-Man
>>
>>87413430
man he looks just like high pitch eric from howard stern
>>
He unironically, fervently believes he's a lesbian.
>>
I have to say I really don't like what he's doing with Wonder Woman Rebirth.

The last thing she needs is yet another origin story.
>>
>>87413634
and, if that is true, makes him a bad writer or his work not deserving of proper criticism?
>>
>>87413659
>Wonder Woman Rebirth.
>The last thing she needs is yet another origin story.

In all fairness, it is ReBIRTH.
>>
>>87413659
What's her origin now? And where is WW origin, there's Steve Trevor, right?
>>
>>87413659
The origin half is boring but I'm liking the other current timeline one.
>>
>>87413430

I don't hate Rucka, I just haven't been able to enjoy anything he's written since Stumptown 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
His Batman was good.
His Wonder Woman was the best modern run before Azzarello turned her into God of War.
His Checkmate was good.
His Gotham Central is the best book ever written about Gotham City.
>>
I find he is hit or miss. I usually check out his stuff anyways, I dont let artists or writers personal beliefs sway what I enjoy
>>
>>87413430

Haven't been fond of his capeshit.
I don't like his new WW run and did not enjoy his take on Batman. Batwoman was meh.

I do enjoy Lazarus and Black Magik.
>>
>>87413430
>Would you trust him with your hero?

Only if it was white straight male hero. Otherwise it's bound to turn into another stock Rucka character.
>>
>>87413690
He's just bringing back the Perez one.
>>
>>87413430
You know what, with her current state and Rucka's record on writing women, I'd like to see how he would handle Carol Danvers.
>>
>>87413829
Clay?
>>
>>87413783
>His Gotham Central is the best book ever written about Gotham City.
Half of that was Brubaker though.
>>
>>87413848
This
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.