[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Ditko is it? Is it just more Quip shit? Is the villain shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: doctor-strange-featured-image.jpg (388KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange-featured-image.jpg
388KB, 1024x682px
How Ditko is it?
Is it just more Quip shit?
Is the villain shit again?
Do they manage to build tension?
Also, finally, any links?
>>
It's above average for Marvel.
The Humor is all shit and out of place, but everything else is good.
>>
i'll sum it up

>very Ditko inspired
>Strange was damn near fucking perfect
>Mads is wasted, but with how it ends you really will be looking forward to what's in store for Strange
>some of the humor falls flat
>magic is magic
>the romance plot is extremely minor
>Rachel McAdams ass looks amazing as always, even in doctor scrubs

it's a good movie OP. the negative stuff is extremely exaggerated
>>
>How Ditko is it?
Very.

>Is it just more Quip shit?
Yes.

>Is the villain shit again?
Yes.

>Do they manage to build tension?
Somewhat.

>Also, finally, any links?
No.
>>
>>87383887
Is this movie worth going for the 3D showing?
>>
>>87384916
I'd say yes, I saw it in 2d and I wish I went for 3d instead. Visuals were immense; especially the astral travelling when the ancient one is talking about the multiverse.
>>
>>87383887
>more quip shit

I don't know op, what are we defining as "quips" this week?
>>
>>87386109
Any attempt at levity whatsoever in a non-DCEU film.
>>
>>87383887
No thanks. I read comics.
>>
>>87386109
Times where the movie chooses an awfully out of place one liner over just playing the scene straight and building tension, a trend that started with IM3 and continued to Thor 2 and AoU, where if was in full effect
>>
>>87386479
Oh yeah, that's all this movie is, really. Blame Disney for forcing the carpet from Aladdin into this.
>>
>>87384916
Up to you, but I usually stay away from post-converted 3D upscales (which is sadly most of what comes out).

realorfake3d.com
>>
>How Ditko is it?
A lot
>Is it just more Quip shit?
Yes, it features a lot of forced marvel humor.
Yes
Do they manage to build tension?
Midly
Also, finally, any links?
yes
>>
>>87383887
Quips are what make marvel so good though
>>
Everyone keeps screaming QUIPS but it actually more visual gags
>>
>>87383887
Quite, yes, yes, no, no.
>>
It's Marvel, of course its quippy

If you want a visual fest without quips, try Suicide Squad or Deadpool instead
>>
9/10 film

also whats the deal with RT? when does it get an official rating? seems like every day it loses 1% due to one person giving it a bad review, yet the score doesnt go back up after 2-3 positive reviews. how does this work? would really hate to see it go under 90%. was much better than guardians and even the avengers which currently have a higher rating.
>>
>>87386516
What was wrong with the psychopath cape?
>>
>>87389719
>If you want a visual fest without quips, try Suicide Squad or Deadpool instead
>Deadpool
>without quips
What?
>>
>>87389970
That's not how rotten tomatoes works.

The big shiny number is just a percentage of how many critics liked the movie enough to give it a fresh rating.

For an actual score see the average score
>>
>>87386227
You know that you can do both, right anon? No one will take your geek points away, I promise.
>>
Anyone got better pics of Dormammu?
>>
>>87383887
I don't think there was a single quip in the film. There was levity, but no quipping that I can remember.

I think the closest we get to it is an actually pretty good pun on Strange's name by Kaecillius, where he's mocking the obviously less experienced wizard.
>>
>>87389719
Fullretard.jpg
>>
>>87383887
>Quip shit'

/tv/ needs to read comics.
>>
>>87384351
Fuck yes. I couldn't quite detach my eyes from the molded breasts when she was busy being surprised by Strange's astral form.
>>
>>87392167
This.
>>
>>87383887
Very
More slapstick and bleak comedy
Both were entertaining
Stephen's plight is believably excruciating and drama bombs get dropped left and right in the third act. But it's less about tension and more about you being a magician's audience eager for the next trick
No
>>
File: 1191487332661.jpg (22KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
1191487332661.jpg
22KB, 500x229px
>>87392167
IT'S ALMOST AS IF PEOPLE FORGOT THEY'RE CALLED 'COMIC' BOOKS.

AS IN COMEDIC.

AS IN THE GENRE WAS BORN FROM COMEDIC STRIPS IN NEWSPAPERS.
>>
File: 1395425215889.jpg (30KB, 293x229px) Image search: [Google]
1395425215889.jpg
30KB, 293x229px
>>87393868
>>
>How Ditko is it?

There's a 30 minute speech halfway through about how there can only be good and evil and there is no such thing gray, only black and white.

So very.
>>
>>87393958
I dunno... I suppose if its for a positive outcome any action taken to get there is good by default?
>>
File: hrm.jpg (28KB, 236x369px) Image search: [Google]
hrm.jpg
28KB, 236x369px
>>87393958
I gottsta see this movie now.
>>
>>87393894
>>87393868
everything has to be dark and serious
>>
>>87393894
>>87393868
i have soft spot for sliver age comics
>>
>>87383887
>How Ditko is it?
Not very.
>>
>>87392167
I didn't say I had an issue with quips completely. I just don't want it to get to the point of Age of Ultron. You can't honestly say that movie didn't over do it.
>>
>>87394793
Age of Ultron was completely fine. Only /tv/ has a problem with it.
>>
>>87384916
3D was crap desu
>>
>>87394793
>>87394822

Nah, that anon is right. It really was a weaker movie, and the critical consensus agrees.

It wasn't a bad movie, just weaker than it should have been, and one reason was the over-use of Whedon-style dialogue. It was impossible to take Ultron seriously as a threat when he kept being cute and funny. It wasn't just Tony being sarcastic and jokey, it was everyone, which dilutes the characters if everyone is the same.

I'm not some butthurt DC fag, the DCEU is literally worst than the Holocaust, but it's also stupid to pretend Marvel has never had any mistakes. AOU just wasn't as good as it could have been if they'd toned down Whedon's influence, or at least kept it to where it was appropriate like with RDJ's smartass Iron Man.
>>
>>87384351
>the negative stuff is extremely exaggerated
>how dare people think differently than me!

it was shit, get over it.
>>
>>87389977
its not comic accurate and pointless
>>
>>87383887
He's played by that Danish fuck who played the worst Hannibal Lecter (even worse than the French asshole from Rising ), so yes.
>>
>>87394822
>beepbeep xD
>language!
>Le omelette
>children?

Yeah fuck off, age of ultron was garbage. Easily the worst MCU movie
>>
>>87384351
Fuck yeah.

I wonder if there's a chance for her to return, or is she actually gone for good
>>
>>87395854
>Easily the worst MCU movie
Thor and Thor 2.
>>
>>87395854
I find myself enjoying Age of Ultron after a second watch after a while next to watching Civil War in theaters. It makes much more sense and i can focus on what really happens there. It's still subpar compared with other Marvel films but is still entertaining and links a lot of stuff.

Still annoyed they made Ultron a wisecracking smartass, though.
>>
>>87392069
For those keeping score at home there are eight jokes in this film. Three sight gags. Four bits with character banter, mostly involving Wong. And a Stan Lee cameo.
Only the two cape gags felt out of place to me
>>
>>87389719
we must not have watched the same deadpool and suicide squad
>>
>>87397240
The farm shit ruins that movie for me. I like the Tony and Cap parts, but the five minute romance argument with Hulk and Widow followed by Hawkeye's "Reason I Matter" speech slows that movie to a crawl.

Fucking Whedon.
>>
>>87383887
You have already decided you don't like it.
So don't watch it.
Watch something else.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.