[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that time Namor started talking with a shitty German

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: ja es wunderbar.png (1MB, 962x905px) Image search: [Google]
ja es wunderbar.png
1MB, 962x905px
Remember that time Namor started talking with a shitty German accent because he thought the foolish krauts wouldn't recognize the fucking Sub-Mariner?
>>
>>87377865
Golden Age Namor is amazing.
>>
>>87377915
>>
>>87377915
>Fuck you two, you're my friends now!
>WHERE ARE YOU TAKING US?!
>Germany. I'm bored, so let's go troll some Nazis, lol
>OH MY GOD HUNDREDS OF MEN JUST DIED
>I know right? Shit's hilarious.

The hero we deserve.
>>
>>87377865
Jesus, Namor.
>>
Golden Age Namor is GOAT surprisingly. Holds up
>>
>>87381557
>Surprisingly
He was Timely's #2 character for a reason.
That reason being that he was an anti-hero in an era of intense patriotism. Everett's stories, aside from the at times immersion-breaking eagerness with which Namor took the Allied side, were some of his era's best. Shame he drank himself to death.

Still butthurt there's no GA Sub/Torch/Cap/Team-Ups + All Winner Omnibuses.
>>
>>87377865
So he's exactly the bastard he is now, but was the protagionist? That sounds fucking great.
>>
>>87385083
The first couple stories just had him as a straight up (justified) villain protagonist. Then he eventually becomes more like an antihero, willing to kill people --even innocents-- but generally trying to save innocent folk when it isn't too big of a problem. He's also incredibly stupid at times.

Notable feats in the first two years of publication include

>Thinking deep sea divers are robots and crushing their skulls.
>Giving up his crusade against Americans because white women make his dick tingle.
>Trapping the Human Torch in a glass case before realizing he can't actually do anything except let him back out.
>Turning a shark inside out because it pissed him off.
>Impersonating police officers for shits and giggles.
>Derailing a New York tram, killing dozens, just to make a point.
>Recruiting lions and apes to his cause.
>Murdering all of a woman's co-workers and then demanding she marry him. In front of her fiance.
>Stealing from hospital cancer wards.
>Being a human water sprinkler.
>>
>>87385495
>>Giving up his crusade against Americans because white women make his dick tingle.
That's fucking amazing. What issue is it?
>>
>>87385621
It's either issue 2 or 3 of Marvel Mystery Comics, right at the start.

Marvel Comics #1 and Marvel Mystery's first two years are totally worthwhile reads if only for Torch and Namor. Both strips are fucking INSANE at times and are thoroughly entertaining as period pieces.

I'd recommend reading all of Bill Everett's Namor stories, though. He created the character and it's not hard to argue that he did it best. Silver Age Namor isn't nearly as fun, in my opinion, and 90's Namor was just terrible.
>>
>>87385495
>Stealing from hospital cancer wards.
>Derailing a New York tram, killing dozens, just to make a point.
>Thinking deep sea divers are robots and crushing their skulls.
>Recruiting lions and apes to his cause.
These interest me greatly.
>>
File: Namor has no fucks to give.jpg (96KB, 550x259px) Image search: [Google]
Namor has no fucks to give.jpg
96KB, 550x259px
Will we ever see Namor on the big screen?
>>
>>87386461
He has the girliest eyes.
>>
>>87386461
I thought his rights were in limbo, held by 3-4 different companies.
>>
File: Bachelor box.jpg (298KB, 901x454px) Image search: [Google]
Bachelor box.jpg
298KB, 901x454px
>>87386589
That's a no, then.
>3-4 different companies
How does that even happen?
>>
>>87386627
Marvel be easy.
>>
File: Namor snusnu.jpg (75KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
Namor snusnu.jpg
75KB, 400x601px
>>87385621
What use has prince Namor for surface-dweller women when he has a harem that chains him to the bed?
>>
>>87386627
Defining him as an FF character while also giving limited rights to Universal.

Fox gets double-dibs because he's a mutant.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.