[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doesn't the fact that he went crazy from being thrown in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault-6.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-6.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
Doesn't the fact that he went crazy from being thrown in a vat of chemicals completely ruin his bad day theory?
>>
The chemicals themselves didn't make him go insane.
>>
>>87370510
The chemicals are part of the One Bad Day
>>
>>87370510
Explain OP
>>
>>87370510
Idk about you, but being thrown into a vat of chemicals would constitute as a bad day for me
>>
File: HARLEYCOMICFALL.png (1MB, 880x680px) Image search: [Google]
HARLEYCOMICFALL.png
1MB, 880x680px
>>87370532
>>87370548
What about this though?
>>
>>87370570
Getting a bride of chucky vibe from this
>>
>>87370510
No, it was because his wife and her baby died before he was thrown in the vat of chemicals.
His wife and her baby where everything to him.
He misses his wife and her baby.
>>
>>87370682
You mean his baby?
>>
File: ....jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
83KB, 640x640px
>>87370709
>>
File: tumblr_nti7gmKGrO1udwanoo1_500.jpg (72KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nti7gmKGrO1udwanoo1_500.jpg
72KB, 500x750px
>Joker why are you so crazy? You've killed six million people.
>I miss my wife and her son.
>>
Jesus, Moore's unclear approach was so much better than these shit attempts at explaining The Joker's origin.

The Joker doesn't need an origin. Nothing will be more interesting than the mystery. He just is, and for him that's fine.
>>
>>87370846
No dude he was a nice dude who wanted to tell jokes, but then he went crazy because his wife died so now he tells killing jokes.
>>
>>87370846
His origin is fairly obvious and explai ed out
Only autists care about who he was before he became joker
>>
>>87370900
That's my point. It's irrelevant who he was or how he became the Joker. That was also Moore's point.
>>
>>87370570
Bad day for her too....fucking lazy writing, and stupid, but the same logic can be applied even though it's completely retarded
>>
Moore is a hack, yes OP
>>
I mean, I'd certainly call a day when I get thrown in a vat of chemicals a bad day.
>>
>>87370510

I'd say the vat was only the final nail in the coffin. The guy was pretty far gone already. He's had the worst day someone in a first world country could have, I guess.

Then he sees his reflection which looks like a fucking clown. He sees how surreal and unfair that is and just goes crazy.

IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU
>>
>>87370510
if "one bad day" is all it took, Jackie Chan would have killed the entire world's population twenty times over by now.
>>
I thought it was completely ruined by the fact that he failed to break Gordon

Although seeing your daughter paralyzed is slightly less of a bad day than supposedly having your wife and unborn child die
>>
>>87370757
>They didn't accept me in art school :^(

>also they ruined my country
>>
>>87372604
Superman in BvS also destroys this since arguably his "one bad day" was so much worse.

Same idea in Emperor Joker.
>>
File: tumblr_nppachuDNw1sbbfwho1_1280.jpg (29KB, 590x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nppachuDNw1sbbfwho1_1280.jpg
29KB, 590x442px
So Joker just wants to get laid? Maybe Batman could do something about this...
>>
The Killing Joke is meant to be ambigous as the story is written from his perspective and knowing about Joker his story is not to be taken at face value.

However further comic writers have more or less missed out on the untrustworthy narrator bit and made it more or less canon.
>>
>>87372973
It's akin to the "want to know how I got these scars?" meme from TDK.
>>
How are you retards missing the point of The Killing Joke?

it doesn't just take one bad day to turn somebody into the joker. That's why Gordon didn't become a crazed murderer.
>>
>>87372971
Would you stop that horseshit?
>>
>>87373054
Bruce, you need to do it.
>>
>>87372844

How was his bad day worse? The Jokers pregnant wife that loved him unconditionally was electrocuted to death by a toaster and still he had to go through with a fucking robbery that likely would have resulted in his own death. He was a loser from the start and it only got worse.

Clark "only" lost his dad, or what do you mean?
>>
>>87373620
I said BvS, not MoS. He failed to stop the court from exploding, he failed to affect Batman in any way, the entire planet turned on him, his mother got kidnapped, and he was almost killed by Batman. But he still decided to be a hero.

But the comic itself showed that the Joker was wrong, it seems. It's not that the day Joker faced was bad enough to turn him crazy, it was his own lack of willpower that did that.
>>
>>87373620
People also seem to forget that the nail in the coffin was how he recalls being disfigured after the hell he went through, but the gravestone to seal the deal was his recollection that Batman showed up. This symbol of vengeance and righteousness and all that arrives at the end of his ordeal, but instead of going after the crooks or righting the wrong he's catalyzing it. The idiot in over his head just saw two guys just get shot to death and wants nothing more but to flee, but Batman isn't having it, and this leads to the final gag on curly, creating the Joker.

So in Joker's head it's not just the misfortune and unfairness of the day, but the poignant irony of how it ends. When life is at its worst the world just ignores your problems or worse laughs at them, and when you really need help instead of an angel to put an end to your problems, it sends the devil to solve them by putting an end to you.
Therefore to him the only seemingly rational thing to do is lose all faith and sanity. That way if you do something wrong to others people will ignore it same as with when it happened to you, and if they don't then what does it matter? You've already lost your mind you couldn't care less about what anyone thinks, you don't even care what you think. You just do whatever comes to you day by day and let everyone else deal with it. It's a win-win compared to the default loss state of the common man in society who has his head shoved down each day, not just by those above him but those around him telling him to just hush up and get with the program.

I take it that's one of the reasons he targeted Gordon, not just because of their history but the fact Gordon's very job and the principles he must uphold because of it are what's stopping him from simply lashing out at Joker and putting an end to it. He wants the man who enforces the restraints of law and society to break those things or be broken by them.
>>
>>87374044
BvS will one day be recognized as a powerful epic worthy of great critical acclaim.
>>
>>87374772
Tomorrow hopefully. "Power corrupts" is a meme that needs to die ASAP.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.