[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cbr.com/dont-expect-a-te enage-mutant-ninja-turtl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: tmnt-out-of-the-shadows.jpg (76KB, 973x512px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-out-of-the-shadows.jpg
76KB, 973x512px
http://www.cbr.com/dont-expect-a-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-3-says-producer/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

>Ultimately, the low box-office numbers likely spell doom for another sequel. “I don’t think there’s ‘Turtles 3,'” Form said, “but I wouldn’t say there’s never going to be another ‘Turtles’ movie.”

What did these movies do wrong that the Bay Transformers movies are doing right?
>>
>>87368515
The Transformers dont look like tumors
>>
>>87368515
the second one was a slight improvement
>>
>>87368515
not enough car chases or hot women
>>
>>87368515
>What did these movies do wrong that the Bay Transformers movies are doing right?

1. Michael Bay hate existed among film snobs, but wasn't a mainstream meme yet when Transformers came out....by the time TMNT came out thinking Bay was the literal devil was a meme

2. Transformers came out before the "super hero boom" became a thing, or rather at the same time it was happening, so it was able to get it's own fanbase alongside capeshit

3. They're kind of opposite cases....the first Transformers was a big hit, and despite what people think about the franchise these days or as a whole, lots of people did like the first TF movie and even critics weren't overly harsh on it.....it was with the second movie that a lot of the hate started to come, with TMNT it seems a lot of people were very critical of the first one being shit and while a lot more people seem to enjoy the second one it was too late

These are just some thoughts off the top of my head that may have had something to do with it
>>
>>87368515
maybe making the turtles look like Adult Hulk Nigger Shreks wasn't such a good idea, hollywood
>>
>>87369690
You like them you're just afraid of them
>>
>>87368515
They should put someone GOOD in charge of the franchise next time. Like Whedon or JJ Abrams.
>>
>>87368515
perhaps this will teach them not to pander to 80sfags now
>>
No one really hated OOTS, but I wouldn't go as far as to say anyone loved it either. This version of the TMNT was pretty much a dead end so the best case scenario was pretty much this. Unsuccessful enough to shelve this version but not so unsuccessful that we won't see another reboot one day.
>>
It's too meh to live
>>
File: image.jpg (274KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274KB, 1280x528px
>>87368554
>>
>>87368515
Viewers realized the were watching Teenage Mutant New York Nig Nogs instead of the mutated teens with surfer attitude that they used to like. Also the whole movie is an animation despite having some human actors. Its fake and the stories were worse than a video game. I hope the people who worked on these commit suicide because its their fault that we won't ever get another good TMNT movie, fucking gold digging jews.
>>
>>87372301
but that doesn't at all answer why the Transformers movies are still doing well
>>
>>87372506
Don't they perform far better in Europe and the rest of the world than they do in the US? For us it's less "omg raped childhood" and more "let's watch a dumb explodey movie with robots, why not" I think.
>>
>>87368907
Dude, you think regular people didn't hate Pearl Harbor or Armageddon?
>>
>>87372734

China fucking loves Transformers for some reason.
>>
>>87372506
In contrast, the Transformers movies are exactly the giant fighting robots that we used to like. The movies are a healthy mix of human actors and CGI robots. The stories are an interesting mix of existing storylines from the cartoons.
>>
>>87372506
They are actually doing worse than before domestically

Overseas is where it's been making it's money
>>
>>87372935
Sometimes the way to person's heart is giant robots and explosions. I love them for that as well.
>>
>>87372837
a lot didn't, I even watched Armageddon and remembered it was great, notice how Channel Awesome doesn't represent red states well
>>
>>87368515
They blew the budget for the second movie shooting everything in Manhattan.
And the Transformers series came out before Paramount was broke.
>>
TMNT is more popular than Transformers ever was.
>>
*sigh*

REBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>87371174
No. It won't.
>>
>>87372837
>Dude, you think regular people didn't hate Pearl Harbor or Armageddon?

Lots of people didn't, talking uber normies here....and even still, those are who gives a shit movies to a lot of people, especially young people. Like I said, Bay hate has always existed....but among film snobs who over analyze every who gives a shit film, Bay hate didn't become a mainstream meme until after the first TF movie.

>>87373677
Is it? I'm a big fan of both franchises, but let's look at the statistics.....Transformers has literally had a show on the air in the US and a new toyline ever since it's very inception, it's literally never stopped being a money making machine.....TMNT on the other hand has significantly less cartoons and toylines

Now, TMNT is more popular in a broad sense that a more broad audience has nostalgia for TMNT mainly due to the live action movies from the late 80s and early 90s that every kid saw....but Transformers over the last three decades has had a much stronger consistent fanbase and yeah, never really left despite being less nostalgic for less people

Transformers, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RID, Armada, Cybertron, Energon, Animated, Prime, Rescue Bots, RID 2015......compare this to TMNT, the 03 show, and then the 2012 show

Transformers has been way more consistently present in terms of cartoons and toylines, and this isn't even counting comic books but if you want any indication of which is more popular in that regard you can probably note the fact that there is at most times a Transformers General on this board while TMNT threads usually die fairly fast

So, by what statistics is TMNT more popular than TF "ever was"? More nostalgic maybe, and you could possibly argue more popular back when TMNT originally came out in the 80s as a craze, but that's about it
>>
>>87372111
What the fuck is that.
>>
Why did they make the Turtles into giants? How do they fit through man holes?
>>
>>87368515
Well, that's it. That was Stephen Amell's shot at not being a CW-tier actor his entire career.
>>
>>87372939

Never felt like a healthy mix, far too much human bullshit was always the problem with TF along with its other issues. But it pulled in the people who wouldn't have gone without that 'human element' so there you go.

Turtles 1 had the same problem but magnified by a shit script and Characters that managed to be less dimensional than even the 80s cartoon versions. That damaged the sequel's chances considerably.
>>
>>87370571
Thread
>>
>>87374032
TMNT has a popular show on Nick and kids still keep constantly buying the new toys.

Robots in Disguise failed and is cancelled. No one cares about the shitty machina show. Having multiple toy lies doesn't matter when only neckbeard virgins but the G1 toys.
>>
>>87372837
Armageddon and Pearl Harbor weren't good but they weren't completely awful either. I mean, Armageddon actually got a Criterion DVD release.
>>
>>87373864
Can't wait for another origin story! Oh, boy!
>>
>>87374308
Wheeljack. What the fuck indeed.
>>
The first one wasn't very good and that probably kept people from seeing the sequel. While the second one was better it was a mess of too many plots and fanservice and not a strong enough narrative.
>>
>>87374879
Don't movies get a Criterion DVD release because enough people demand it. So really, almost any movie become one.
>>
>>87375009
Yeah, if the first movie is hated by everyone. Those same people aren't going to come back for the sequel.
>>
>>87368595
Third needs female fox or cat mutant.
>>
>>87368515
Transformers had giant robots
>>
>>87368515
People weren't sick of Bay back then like they are now. Heck, Age of Extinction bombed in the US. It wa only a success because the chinks in china have shit taste (the same people who liked the Warcraft movie and the second american Godzilla film)
>>
>>87374032
I speak only from personal experience but I've found Transformers is more popular due to how easily it's accepted among normies who aren't actually into the franchises.
As bad as the Bay movies are, normies find the idea of giant robots fighting far more appealing and less "corny" than mutant ninja turtles.
>>
People loved the original movies largely because of the fantastic puppeteer work and the sick fight choreography. They were modestly budgeted movies that didn't have high production values but were high on personality and charm.

Platinum is trying to make TMNT the next Transformers when really it should be a PG-rated Deadpool.
>>
>>87375393
>female fox mutant
Wasn't Megan going to be back if there was a third?
>>
unlike the robots that came back after years of nothing, the movies are launched when teh cartoon are still a thing, and actually better suited for the public.
>>
Can we just get straight to DVD animated films based on the IDW comic?
>>
>>87368515
Just give the rights to Dismey already since apparently Disney are the only ones who know how to make Good Fun Movies....
>>
>>87368554
True, but I have to say I do like the Turtle's costumes in the movies. Mikey's surfer dude beads/shades, Leo's vaguely samurai-ish armor, Raph's muscles and the toothpick thing, Donnie's headphones and all the gizmos he's got... they help give them a little more individuality, and it'd be cool to see more of that make its way into the comics. They sort of have Donnie's electro-staff and goggles already, so heading in that direction a little more would be appreciated.

Fuck Donnie's nerd glasses though.
>>
>>87380978
If Disney got the film rights alone? Fine. If they got TMNT as a whole? Fuck no. I saw Spectacular Spider Man die that way, I won't see the IDW comic series die.
>>
File: wtUEAEl.jpg (256KB, 850x608px) Image search: [Google]
wtUEAEl.jpg
256KB, 850x608px
>>87381293
Somewhat agreed. I really like this picture.
>>
>>87381376
Yeah, exactly.
It doesn't have to be over the top, but right now most artists draw the turtles identically except for the colours and weapons, when they'd really benefit from being expressed as their own people.
>>
File: 1453837970344.jpg (3MB, 1523x2063px) Image search: [Google]
1453837970344.jpg
3MB, 1523x2063px
>>87381437
A few of the IDW artists have embraced a bit of the Nick cartoon aesthetic.

As a diehard TMNT fan it doesn't really bother me if they're drawn the same or if they're given some visual distinction as long as it isn't fucking obnoxious like in the Bay movies.
>>
>>87382253
I really like some of those subtle design changes as well.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.