[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://io9.gizmodo.com/carol-danver s-will-have-a-new-origin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 29

File: NEIgULiKrtk0LR_1_b.jpg (38KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEIgULiKrtk0LR_1_b.jpg
38KB, 600x316px
http://io9.gizmodo.com/carol-danvers-will-have-a-new-origin-for-the-captain-ma-1785150165

>Speaking to the Any Time with Vin Forte podcast, Captain Marvel screenwriter Nicole Perlaman confirmed that Carol will have a new origin for her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut, citing a similarity to the origin of Green Lantern as to why the change is occurring:

>I don’t think I’ve ever had a project where I’ve been more mindful about the impact that it could have and the importance of it. She’s such an incredibly kick-ass character and Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc recently. But here’s the thing, if you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do. There’s a lot of reinvention that needs to happen.

>And also, she’s her own person and she’s a great character. We have to be aware of what’s happened in other Marvel film and makes sure that her particular storyline is unique and fun and also fits in within this world that’s going on at the same time. It’s a little bit of an interesting story gauntlet. It’s been good to have a partner. It’s been an incredible experience. If we can pull it off it could be an incredibly important but also really fun and kick-ass superhero film.

I don't understand. Why are they making a Carol movie if they have to completely rewrite Carol to make her work? Why not make a movie about a character that works without reinvention?
>>
>>87363796
Because they need a female lead as fast as possible.
>>
I just want her to kill a lot of aliens and be kind to Jessica Drew
>>
>>87363805

What about Black Widow and that cute goth girl?
>>
Because making female Hitler wouldn't be popular among the pre-teenage female demographic.
>>
>>87363796
Because Marvel wants to beat DC to the punch with a female lead movie.
And CAPTAIN MARVEL is the only thing they have on the table.

Oh and her origin is nothing like green lanterns at all. It's fucking retarded.

It's an excuse to rewrite that horrible trainwreck from the ground up.
And god do average looking 25+ women in superhero get ups that don't accentuate their bodies look like harmless school teachers who're dressing up for their class.
It's just awful.

God Captain Marvel is going to suck.
>>
>>87363796
Not enough Hulks around for her to hate yet.
>>
Brace yourselves. That "reinvention" and effort to make her less like Green Lantern is probably going to be done by removing her Abin Sur.
>>
>>87363796
Rambeau Captain Marvel would be a better choice.
>>
>>87363829
>Because Marvel wants to beat DC to the punch with a female lead movie.

but both Suicide Squad AND Wonder Woman are coming out before Carol.
>>
>>87363796
>Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc recently.
Yeah, no. You haven't read that book.
>>
>Green Lantern movie was so shit they don't want people to associate it with themselves

Top fucking kek.
No wonder GL is missing from JL and they pushed their movie to 2018.
Even Deadpool made fun of GL.
Marve as usual is very smart.
>>
>>87363796
Makes sense since marvell isn't gonna get any air time. People will bitch anyway
>>
File: monica is second best marvel.png (238KB, 358x551px) Image search: [Google]
monica is second best marvel.png
238KB, 358x551px
>>87363841
Basically any Captain Marvel who's not named Rambeau or Batson is trash.
>>
>>87363796
They would have to set up a story with a character that doesn't exist yet but might dying. How retarded are you?
>>
No Mowhawks
no Fauxhawks
give her a sash
give her a cat
give her Jessica Drew

That's all you need to make a successful Miss Marvel movie.
>>
File: 1351053-captain_marvel2.jpg (32KB, 580x309px) Image search: [Google]
1351053-captain_marvel2.jpg
32KB, 580x309px
There is only one Captain Marvel.
>>
>>87363836
We've been ready for this for a while. It doesn't look likely that Mar-Vell will be in the MCU in any capacity.
>>
>>87363898
More like Captain Cuck

>even cucked out of his own name

Lmao, enjoy that solo book that you were promised 5 years ago
>>
>>87363861
Harley isn't a heroine and we all know the WW movie is going to bomb harder then the jonah hex movie.

OH MY GOD I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!
I want to watch the net CRUMBLE as this shits the bed.
>>
File: 1470683002099.jpg (583KB, 1936x3008px) Image search: [Google]
1470683002099.jpg
583KB, 1936x3008px
>>87363836
>>87363901

Mar-vell has already been removed from the comics. They even used Kamala as a mouthpiece to make fun of anyone who liked him.

I guarantee you Marvel will retcon Carol again to remove any mention of him.
>>
>>87363878
Well, Batson hasn't been really good since DC sued Fawcet into the ground to prevent cap from slapping supermans shit in sales.
And Genis Veil is fucking awesome.
Would love to see that insane fuck flying around in a guardians of the galaxy movie.
>>
would you like carol more if she looked like this?
>>
>>87363892
Go the fuck away.
>>
File: 3108913-4313750083-ms_ma.png (1MB, 911x1400px) Image search: [Google]
3108913-4313750083-ms_ma.png
1MB, 911x1400px
Comments are gold.

>Carol was introduced as the love interest of the then-actual Captain Marvel, a Kree warrior in disguise on Earth called Mar-Vell

>Wait. What? Wow. I clearly blocked the shit out of this because I honestly only remembered her just wanting to fight like him. But with 50% less clothing of course. Sigh. It hurts to think that a) that costume was ever acceptable, b) it took 40 fucking years to put clothes on her and c) we still have to deal with shit like it today.
>>
>>87363943
>this is a medium in America

>>87363957
Welcome to the sex-negative 2010s, where for all intents and purposes the progressive left is indistinguishable from the theocratic right.
>>
whatever. let's not pretend anyone really gave a shit about Mar-Vell or Carol until a few years ago. these characters exist because of a rights dispute and little else.
>>
>>87363957
Wow, it's going to be written by those loser broads who're scared shitless of being seen as and writing stories about heteronormative women.

Great.
So butch dyke carol who's fucking spiderwoman is almost assured.
Only need to have a captain marvel themed quast ghost buster jump suit and we're in business.
>>
File: 1270163965597.png (184KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1270163965597.png
184KB, 359x255px
>>87363878
>disliking Genis
>>
>>87363957
She was barely even his love interest, honestly. She was a damsel in distress turned superhero, who in her own book, seemed to have very little interaction with Mar-Vell.
>>
>>87363957

>I am very OK with this. We don’t need Mar-Vell in the MCU. (Now, if I could just get people to stop talking about Adam Warlock, because *no one cares* about Adam Warlock...)
>Please give me any reason that you think Adam Warlock is cool/interesting?
>Yeah, I’m mystified by that appeal. “He was in Infinity Gauntlet” is not enough reason.

>Yes, thank you! I’ve been saying this since the movie was announced. Her origin is too complicated and not particularly essential to bother dealing with.

>I’d bet it’ll still involve a Kree artifact but removes Mar-Vell. And then she’s a total bad-ass soldier/spy without being a love interest.
>>
>>87363824
>What about Black Widow and that cute goth girl?
Black Widow, sadly, is can't hang on for ten more years like what Marvel wanted. That's why they cast an extremely young actress for Carol, to make sure she would still be available in phase 6 if needed to be.
>>
Marvel is so based they'll tell a better Green Lantern story than DC!

DKEKS BTFO
>>
>>87364017
Well, they should have cast one who would age good.
She won't.

And Johanssen can be replaced by a random blond from "DA ROOM" at any time.
There were two black widows if I recall.
>>
>>87363916
Yaas, you tell him girl!
>>
>>87363796

If they are so ashamed of the origin of Captain Marvel, then why don't they just fucking change her name to Binary or Warbird or something?
>>
>>87363932
What comic run?
>>
Wouldn't Mar-Vell treating Carol like a love interest be a lot like say... you treating your dog like a love interest?
>>
>>87364165
Marvell was an outcast kinda to begin with so no. Him being the dog isn't so much an issue
>>
and yet people cheer when DC presents a female character that is leeching off a pre-existing legacy and shits over that male legacy in a way to show them as superior
>>
>>87363901
I thought they'd outright stated they were going to use him.
>>
>>87363957
>we will get Amish Brie Larson

Fuck this.
>>
>>87364182
>DC

you mean Marvel
>>
>>87363932
HA! oh the glee - what run is that?
I must read it!
>>87363943
Medium?.. rrrrright.
>>
>>87363796
>And also, she’s her own person and she’s a great character.
>Not, you know, the character she was for decades, that was garbage, but the new character she became after a small child brainwashed her into being a completely different person.

What I don't get is why these idiots aren't in a frenzy over a problematically attractive woman being case instead of a socially just woman of size.
>>
>>87363825
Actually I think she would. That audience tends to like females who take no shit, comfy in their sexuality, and do whatever they want without regard for others. Basically an escape fantasy.

Carol fails because she comes off as a stick in the mud boot licker which writers/execs can't seem to see. I mean really, who wants to pretend to be a cosmic powered government lapdog?

All that said, it is pretty clear comic is just throwing shit on a wall as movie gets a gun put to their head to do something with a female. Otherwise someone like Monica, Moonstone, or Eliza would have made a hell of a lot more sense to pick from the D list pile and mold.
>>
>>87364005
Oh god this hurts. This hurts so damn much.
>>
This is the future you chose, /co/.
>>
File: asgoodasitgets.jpg (43KB, 492x400px) Image search: [Google]
asgoodasitgets.jpg
43KB, 492x400px
>>87363943
>waist: 28"
>medium

yeah, ok
>>
File: nova_18_coolidge_dcp_034.jpg (445KB, 1280x2000px) Image search: [Google]
nova_18_coolidge_dcp_034.jpg
445KB, 1280x2000px
>>87363796
>her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern
So I guess that's a "no" on that Nova Corps movie, than?
>>
>>87364129
>What comic run?
That page is from the All-New All Different Avengers Annual 001 (the whole thing is based on fanfic that kamala is either writing or reading online ... this one obviously being one of the latter).
>>
>>87363796
how in the flying fuck is her origin anything at all like fucking GL?

Carol accidentally has her physiology merged with Mar-vell and gained a bunch of powers that rip off Captain Marvel including the costume and her name is a rip off of Supergirl aka Linda Danvers.

she's in no way her own person or a great character, Rogue was a better Ms. Marvel than Ms. Marvel ever was.
>>
>>87364360
No, but don't worry true Believer! She already has the Carol Corps, strong independent women who fight heteropatriarchy in the galaxy!
>>
There's no reason to watch it then if they do not add Moonstone
>>
>>87364385
>tfw Carol Corps are her quirky mechanics
>who are also lesbians
>and one is probably beaten up by her evil white male husband until Carol throws him out of window
>>
File: A-Force.jpg (254KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
A-Force.jpg
254KB, 300x455px
>>87364385
it was called A-Force and it was shit
>>
>>87364406
Don't worry true Believer! The MCU fans don't give a damn about comics!
>>
>>87364406
>A-Force
>shit
Get better taste.
>>
File: N.jpg (34KB, 356x279px) Image search: [Google]
N.jpg
34KB, 356x279px
>>87364421
>A-Force
>not shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>>87364421
uh-huh
>>
File: The Elite.jpg (48KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
The Elite.jpg
48KB, 800x450px
>>87364435
Who are the Menagerie knockoff and Punk Rock Jem on the right?
>>
>>87363812
>and be kind to Jessica Drew

Jess is Carol's battered housewife and you love it.
>>
>>87364005
>>And then she’s a total bad-ass soldier/spy without being a love interest.

But if she's the protagonist, that makes Mar-Vell the love interest. I swear these people don't know what they're talking about (not that I didn't already know that).
>>
>>87363796
>Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc

Fuck that. She's no worse than Chelsea Cain in bastardizing a character. No, actually, she's worse.
>>
>>87364467
Punk rocker looks like Dazzler.
>>
If not alien blood transfusion what will give her powers?
>>
>>87364879
Infinity Gem.
>>
I'm asking this honestly could this be Marvels first bomb
>>
>>87364900
Nah. People will flock to see it just like all other Marvel movies, and review bias will be even worse than normal because female protag.
>>
>>87364911
>People
>>
>>87363796
Why is Marvel so scared to present a dramatically flawed character who struggles against her tendencies and attempt to be a hero and let her be a successful hero? I think that would be a lot more empowering. They're not only hitting the feminism crowd but the alcoholic, anger management and ptsd crowd.

>>87364017
Can't they have Yelena Belova officially take the Mantle of BW. She's a lot younger than Nat.

>>87364165
Mar-Vell was more like a comrade and a mentor really. Carol was still clinging to Michael Rossi even after the mindwipe.
>>
>>87364922
Because Iron Man 3.
>>
>>87364879
I'm guessing they're going directly to her Binary powers and have her attain it by some cosmic shit happening. Her flying and having an accident while on flight. Nothing Kree related.
>>
>>87364274
I would love to see Songbird adapted as a movie.
You have a complete arc with Masters of Evil, Thunderbolts and then reformed Songbird.
Play her up against Moonstone as Zemo's bloodhound and you get some rivalry going. Then she leads the revolt and in the end signs up with SHIELD.
Boom, done. And no fans would complain.
>>
>>87364952
That could be too similar to Fantastic Four
>>
>>87364227
It's the all new all different avengers annual wherein Kamala just reads a bunch of fanfics online and it's later revealed that Miles also apparently writes fanfic and wrote one (not the one about Mar-vell).
>>
>>87363796
Actress looks like shit. It's not inspiring at all.
If I didn't know what shitload of money they spend to make these movies, I'd say she starred in a half-assed direct to dvd b-movie, like those movies that Kevin Sorbo plays in.
>>
>>87364922
>Why is Marvel so scared to present a dramatically flawed character who struggles against her tendencies and attempt to be a hero and let her be a successful he

>>87364922
Because women cannot be portrayed as broken and flawed. Which is really funny because that is exactly who Carol Danvers is.

With the amount of mindfucks and mindwipes she underwent I'm surprised she's still functioning as an active part of the hero community.
>>
I keep forgetting they're making a carl manvers movie
>>
>>87364922
>Yelena Belova
normies AND casuals: Who?
>>
>>87364972
Yeah, the little creep wrote a love triangle with him and Nova vying for Kamala's attention.
And Coulson is apparently the admin on that site.
Fucking control freak.
>>
>>87364467
Both are Dazzler. One is from an alternate universe where she is Thor. Punk is regular Dazzler.
>>
Kree are always goddamn mooks, it makes little sense that she got her powers from a mook and became more powerful than the average mook. Was it ever adressed how Mar-vell was completely unlike the average Kree?
>>
>>87365001
That's Marvel today, ladies and gentlemen...
>>
>>87365008
Thorzzler>Jane
And she was only in two or three issues.
>>
>>87365012
Come on!
It's a one-off joke issue on fanfics!
Much like Secret Love was about fan favorite ships.
>>
>>87364997
Hot young blond spy girl is all they need to know.
>>
>>87364826
Love interest is a bad thing.
>>
>>87363836
Gotta simplify things, don't want to confuse the normies!

This shit is embarrassing.
>>
>>87365114
That's bullshit.
There are a hundred things to hate here, but this is (in principle) a good idea.
You don't want to have establish Mar-Vell's story, Carol's relationship with him and the Kree, just to get to the point where you can start with her story.
Movies need tight structure and that shit just muddles your arc with shit nobody came to see.
>>
>>87365012
The virgins here are gobbling it up though.
>>
>>87364182
Are you another Batwoman hater?
Look, I never liked her either, but she has her audience and she is pretty good in the last few Detective Comics, so chill.
>>
>>87363796

so no original Ms Marvel costume?
>>
>>87365347
I was actually thinking about Zatanna, Star Girl, Renee as Question, the new Huntress but Batwoman is a good example too
>>
>>87364969

>fantastic four

seriously does anyone actually give a shit about the fantastic four?
>>
>>87365011
I like to imagine he was the superhero version of a Kree.
>>
>>87365550
Casuals don't, I see.
>>
>>87365518
See, anon, Marvel does not acknowledge anything that happened to Carol pre-KSD. She never was Ms. Marvel nor Warbird. There wasn't a Mar-Vell or Rogue in her life. Carol is Captain Marvel from the start and will have Binary powers as part of her powerset during her origin story. So no, you won't get a Ms. Marvel costume.

Can't wait to see which character Marvel will shit over after Wanda and Carol. Then again it worked well for Tony.
>>
>>87365598
>it worked well for Tony.
Eh...
>>
>>87363824
BW is a russkie, and wanda is a dirty gypsy, so probaby she never showers.
>>
>>87364182
>>87365547
>Zatanna, Star Girl, Renee as Question, the new Huntress but Batwoman

But these characters were never handled by Marvel. Marvel doesn't care for its creations. It's hard to be a fan of a Marvel created character because of their track record of throwing characters away. They let Bendis handle main events and without an editor. They let Leth, Cain and KSD have their way with the characters they've been assigned.

Marvel will never have a solid fandom of thier characters like that of Bats or Supes whose full support are for the characters and not on their ideas of who the character is - but the character themselves.

You wanted a company war. Come let's see how worthy your beloved Marvel is to be glorified and defended for their actions and decisions over the past decade.
>>
File: she hulk.jpg (55KB, 386x654px) Image search: [Google]
she hulk.jpg
55KB, 386x654px
>>87363796
>I don't understand. Why are they making a Carol movie if they have to completely rewrite Carol to make her work? Why not make a movie about a character that works without reinvention?

like she hulk
>>
>>87365610
you got some maple syrups there, buddy. I could use some.
>>
>>87365704
Jen should adapt another moniker. She Hulk sounds outdated and silly to be honest.
>>
>>87365719
Tony has been shit since Civil War, mon.
>>
>>87364360
I'm pretty sure they decided no on that a long time ago.
>>
>>87365748
Don't look at it with our nerdfag googles. See them in casuals and most especially, normfags lenses.
>>
>>87365783
>normfags lenses
But then I don't give a fuck about a movie I just watched on a dull Sunday evening.
>>
>>87364986
>Because women cannot be portrayed as broken and flawed.
THIS is the real problem I have with female characters in american fiction. Portraying a perfect female character and then pretending she has flaws by making her say it loud enough but never showing it in action. This is why i accept Jessica Jones despite being shit, at least they went the forbidden route with her.
>>
>>87363921
Stop talking like you're on tumblr
>>
>>87363796
Dr. Strange's origins were the same as Iron Man's, but that didn't stop that film. Let's cut the crap, they just don't want Carol to be revealed as second banana to a male hero.

Honestly, I get the idea that nobody at Marvel Studios knows what to do with Carol Danvers. They keep citing KSD's run, but there is nothing memorable about it rather than Carol is Jesus crap.

All I want is Carol to be in an explosion to get her powers.
>>
>>87366189
>They keep citing KSD's run
I really do feel bad for Busiek and Reed. Hell, even Claremont. These guys wrote a better Carol. Maybe not the Carol Marvel wanted to shill but undoubtedly a better character handling than KSD.
>>
>>87366338
I have a gut feeling that Carol Corps are gonna scream "Not Muh Carol" when they try to make her likable in the film.
>>
>>87363796
They're probably just giving her the original Captain Marvel origin rather than the Ms. Marvel one.
>>
>>87363957
Ah great, the sex-negative feminist.

Anybody want to point out that Wonder Woman has been doing perfectly fine as a strong symbol of feminism wearing even less than that?
>>
>>87366483
Some wizard is going to give her a a bunch of powers when she says his name?
>>
>>87365001
Fury spins on Moon. Who's spy today...
>>
>>87365883
HOLY SHIT, WE'RE NOT?
>>
>>87363932
>to make fun of anyone who likes him
I don't think that was their goal here, given captain Marvell was nothing like this
>>
>>87363943
I'd love marvel if she had a little meat on her bones like this semen demon.
>>
>>87364922
Because women can't be perceived as flawed nowadays.
A woman can't lie, cheat, manipulate or simply be a bitch. There are no fucking movie, serie, game or whatever where a feminine character is flawed. It's always le strong woman or le quirky woman, basically the same bland archetypes.
See Black Widow in the MCU.
>>
File: Moonstone24.jpg (428KB, 750x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone24.jpg
428KB, 750x1162px
>>87366708
Karla Sofen would be an amazing breath of fresh air for the Marvel movies.
>>
>>87363957
>>87363957
It's like I fear death but also I long for it.
>>
>>87363980
Yeah it's not like Mar-Vell is a central character in several of the best Marvel Cosmic stories ever.
>>
>>87363986
>So butch dyke carol who's fucking spiderwoman is almost assured.
Not if they want China.
>>
Couldn't they just make her Inhuman? They'd be able to adapt parts of Kamala's story then, mainly the conflict with siding with Avengers or Inhumans.

If they actually plan on using InHumans in the greater MCU, there's already a lot of conflict with them in Agents of SHIELD with people afraid of those that got powers that way.
>>
>>87365753
Wait till Thanos levels Xandar for the Power gem and there is only one Nova left. It'll happen, it's only James Gunn who doesn't like Nova
>>
>>87366939
>Inhumans movie

Ahahaha
>>
>>87366939
I think that the AOS Fish Oil plot put them off of doing the Inhumans on the big screen. We'd sooner see The Eternals than them at this point.
>>
>>87365734
What should she call herself?
>>
File: She-Hulk28.jpg (202KB, 638x1000px) Image search: [Google]
She-Hulk28.jpg
202KB, 638x1000px
>>87367100
Shulk?
>>
>>87367100
Bruiser. It's not like Molly is using it.
>>
File: IMG_5583.jpg (179KB, 1280x1942px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5583.jpg
179KB, 1280x1942px
The MCU is as much about updating the Marvel universe as it is about adapting it for the screen as it already existed.
/co/ can see the comics division creating fodder for Marvel Studios (more diversity, more Inhumans, new costumes) and after-the-fact "movie synergy," so this should be obvious
>>
>>87367100
Horny Hulk Woman
>>
>>87367100
Hulka.
>>
>>87367129
She is a lawyer, though.
So calling herself a brute doesn't cut it, I think.
>>
>>87366955
I'm just not seeing it work out for Rich to make it to the big screen.
It took him 6 years to come back.
>>
>>87363943
>>87363973
>>87364227
>>87364335

It is a medium.

A men's medium.
>>
It'd be a shame to pass up the opportunity to introduce more alien characters, but beyond that changing the origin doesn't matter much to me.
>>
>>87364879
She gets a space rock in her chest
>>
>>87367100
Shulk
>>
>>87366708
>There are no fucking movie, serie, game or whatever where a feminine character is flawed
Jessica Jones
>>
File: shulk.jpg (63KB, 614x345px) Image search: [Google]
shulk.jpg
63KB, 614x345px
>>87367121
I'm not really feeling that name.
>>
>>87367479
Because movies really give a fuck who's alive or not in comics.
>>
>>87364005
>“He was in Infinity Gauntlet” is not enough reason.
4U you piece of shit.
warlock is as important as thanos in the infinity saga.
>>
>Marvel Studios presents
>YAASS QUEEN! the movie
>>
>>87363796
So no acknowledgement to Mar-vel then? Thats like doing a supergirl movie while pretending Superman never existed.

Why did Marvel think it was a good idea to push someone who is the 6th person to inherit the Captain Marvel title?
>>
>>87363796
>I don't understand. Why are they making a Carol movie if they have to completely rewrite Carol to make her work? Why not make a movie about a character that works without reinvention?

Because her recent character is fucking boring.
>>
>>87363878
>Shitting on Mar-Vell when his original run was pretty damn fun
>>
>>87364005
>No one cares about Adam Warlock
I care, fuck this person. His original run was fantastic for the time and the follow up MADE the cosmic marvel as fun and "anything goes" as it is today. No Warlock, no modern GotG, no Thanos in his wakcy adventures, nothing. Closest thing we would get from "good cosmic marvel" would be someone trying to emulate Kirby's.
>>
>>87363796
If they cut Mar-Vell out of her origin then I will be fucking LIVID
>>
>>87363829
>Oh and her origin is nothing like green lanterns at all. It's fucking retarded.
It probably would be if you tried to fit all of the important parts of her origin from her first appearance to her becoming Captain Marvel in one movie. Because then Mar-Vell would really just show up, give her powers and die.

What also worries me about this is that it's an even better reason for my man Richard Rider to never show up.

Anyway, there's no way they'll make Carol start out as a sidekick, love interest or even just a legacy hero to a man in her own movie. So Mar-Vell will probably have a cameo at most, if anything. Though I think it would be a stupid move even from their point of view to not introduce him at all, since he is needed for his children to exist, and they could give them major LGBT points.
>>
>>87363796
>I don't understand. Why are they making a Carol movie if they have to completely rewrite Carol to make her work?

iron man was completely rewritten. they kept his origin (because iron man has a good origin) but the rest of the character was basically thrown out
>>
>>87363796
Haha oh wow. Marvel is finished.
>>
>>87369228
>>87369273
Best case scenario:
Marvel shows up dying, gives his power to her without much explanation, she figures out alone how to work it.
Expect a Kree to go "Wow she's even stronger than Mar-vell!!!!"
Middle of the Road:
Mar-Vell is this genderless alien creature.
Worst case scenario:
Mar-Vell is a woman.
Even worst scenario:
Mar-vell doesn't show up at all and all Carol does is found his power source to become Captain Marvel.
>>
>>87363932
>It's called a mantle, not a womantle
okay that was funny
>>
If the problem with Mar-Vell is that he's white then why don't they just make him Ultimate Blue and cast like a suave Hispanic guy or something?
>>
>>87363932
Man, fuck off. This is hilarious.
>>
>>87369530
It's not that he's white. It's that he is a guy and Carol shouldn't come second to a man in her own movie.
>>
>>87369530
>Ultimate Blue and cast like a suave Hispanic guy
I kind of want this now.
>>
File: IMG_4495.jpg (97KB, 638x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4495.jpg
97KB, 638x961px
Im ready
>>
>>87363824
Marvel believes they need their own Wonder Woman. Black Widow or Scarlet Witch are one of the worst possible options. You might as well include Jessica Jones to your list.
>>
>>87363796
>She’s such an incredibly kick-ass character and Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc recently

Why? WHY? Are people unable to grab comicbooks older than 10 years?
>>
>>87369849
I'm pretty sure James Gunn and Scott Derickson at least read some older comics.
>>
>>87363986
>spider-woman in mcu
This meme has to stop.
>>
>>87367812
One in a million
>>
>>87369845
Wonder Woman is less popular than Batman and Superman. Shouldn't they push Nighthawk and Hyperion?
>>
>>87363872
>Even Deadpool made fun of GL.

Because the lead actor was the same guy.
>>
it's like an elseworlds, Carol can still be Carol. Headstrong, impulsive, Brood Murderer, military junk
>>
When you guys talk about how awesome Mar'vell was, do you mean the old Captain Marvel stuff from the 60's and 70's, or the newer stuff from the early 2000's?
>>
>>87370739
He isn't. Literally died from cancer as his most famous story.
>>
>>87367100
Green Justice!
>>
>>87366498
WW is a canon lesbian who is a virgin birth to the queen of an abnormally scientificlaly and magically advanced island of violently misandrist lesbians.
>>
>>87371439
Literally nothing in that sentence is true most of the time.
>>
>>87363957
>>87363980
>>87364005
I like Mar-Vell for the same reason I like Adam Warlock, Starlin is one of my favorite cosmic writers, despite the Thanoswank.
>>
>>87371489
That is her default personality in all comic media and most out of comics media and the default origin 99.9% of the time with only the azarello run and that short lived origin where they outright stole wonder girls original origin being any different
Her occasionally being the completely submissive cocksleeve of the resident alpha stud is a way to sell her to normals and lampshade how much of a dyke she is and utterly fucked up her origin and place of "birth" is.

They will NEVER go into how fundamentally fucked her island is. They're too busy selling soft core college bisexual "tee hee lets give the boys a show" tier stuff and aesexual/lesbians who hate all men till that one special guy who they all love shows up and then they all want his dick think men aren't so bad.

The WW cartoon, Timmiverse JLU, the new movie, and Rucka himself are outright stating what WB and every single medium that managed to sell WW to the casuals managed to sidestep or simply throw away in efforts to make her more marketable.
Meaning she's a creepy ass character that many adults will outright make a joke out of and many women will not want to be associated with.
>>
>>87364394
People keep saying to add Moonstone. Why? The two barely interact outside if Dark Reign.
>>
>>87364005
>Talking shit about Adam Warlock

Jesus fucking christ. Is this what it feels like to be triggered?
>>
>>87364879
>If not alien blood transfusion

First of all, you're thinking of She-Hulk. Carol's origin has the convoluted horseshit of the psyche-magnetron.
>>
>>87372295
They have a thing for the manipulative evil seductress types. That's all.

She has less then fuck all to do with carol now and while a more interesting ms marvel, she's in fact an unrepentently evil cunt.
Which would be fine and actually really fucking cool. She's the baroness type. The kind of woman that every man fears on an almost instinctual level. And for good reason.

HOWEVER, her entire thing is oft played up as good and heroic and cool by THOSE PEOPLE, you know the type. She can never and will never get any comeuppance.
>>
>>87365011
>Was it ever adressed how Mar-vell was completely unlike the average Kree?

You mean the nega bands?
>>
>>87372147
Loving submission.
>>
>>87366708
>A woman can't lie, cheat, manipulate or simply be a bitch

They can do all those things. They're just presented as positives.
>>
>>87367173
Prosecutor.
>>
>>87372436
Moonstone spends half her time being in jail or everyone hating her even when she is doing things that actually benefit others for some reason.
>>
>>87372507
Thanks Chelsea Cain
>>
>>87365011
>Was it ever adressed how Mar-vell was completely unlike the average Kree?

Yes, actually. He's actually gotten a few power ups. At first he was just triple the strength of an average human, which is generic Kree strength. Then he got a power up from "Zum" (really just Roman and some other Kree I can't remember trying to use him to overthrow the Supreme Intelligence for them) which gave him a lot more powers like even greater strength, teleportation, the ability to create illusions, and unaided flight. It was around this time that he had his final battle with Yon-Rogg, and Carol got her powers. They just ignored his teleportation and illusions after the reveal of who "Zum" was and Mar-Vell got the Negative Bands (although he used his illusion powers one more time to get Rick Jones to find the bands, in a deliberate reference to Billy Watson and the Wizard). The Nega-Bands let him swap places between the real world and the Negative Zone, as well as manipulate photons to shoot energy from his hands.
Then we had him meet Eon, who granted him Cosmic Awareness. It not only turned his hair blonde (he naturally has silver/white hair like Pre-Rick Genis and Phyla), and gave him a glittery flight trail, it also gives him the ability to become one with the universe. It's hard for me to explain, but if you've ever read PAD's Captain Marvel, you know what it can do, except Mar-Vell could activate and deactivate it at will, unlike Genis.
>>
>>87372554
That's nice. But no one gives a fuck about her comics version
This is about how she will be percieved and treated in the MCU.
>>
>>87364406

>Hating on singularity
lol fag
>>
>>87363878
Why the fuck aren't they just doing a Rambeau movie??
>>
>>87372462
Jack/Jill off fantasy of bondage enthusiasts origin has nothing to do with how fundamentally flawed this masturbation/brainwashing tool masquerading as a harmless comic is when it is treated with even the slightest bit of seriousness.

Almost nothing in DC works if you take it even semi seriously. It's a massive reason why the GL movie outright flopped.
>>
File: 1436738411206.jpg (21KB, 200x304px) Image search: [Google]
1436738411206.jpg
21KB, 200x304px
>>87363796
>if you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do.

So is the problem that it's too similar to another guy, or that it's too similar to GL specifically?

Because I was just watching Doctor Strange and it felt like the same goddamn shit as the first Iron Man movie

>egotistical white guy thinks he's untouchable
>gets his shit fucked up, gets injured
>meets a wise old person who sacrifices their own life so that they can become a hero
>shitty training montage where he is a noob and can't hero good
>goes after the bad guy
>>
>>87372688
How many bad guys are treated as actually evil in reception?
Red Skull, Strucker and co., maybe Thanos with a lack of information about him given. Everyone else goes from sympathized with to did nothing wrong (Loki, Ronan, Helmut Zemo).
>>
>>87370739
The original Roy Thomas run had a fascinating premise, alien forced by his superiors wanting him to sabotage Earth's development, and he has to balance being a good soldier with his growing respect for humanity. One of my favorite issues was when they outright tell him he HAS to use a deadly neurotoxin on a city to see how humans react to it, and see how he gets out of it. Unfortunately, it isn't as good as tbe premise implies. Most people say that "dying of cancer is his best story", but that's true because Jim Starlin is, I'd argue, the best writer Mar-Vell ever had, with his nine issue run being the highlight of the series. Returning for Death of Captain Marvel got us a genuinely good story.
>>
The Green Lantern thing is a smokescreen. They're changing her origin so that she was the first and only Captain Marvel and not a legacy character. They don't even want to admit that she is in press releases, that's how deep they're burying the other Captain Marvels.
>>
>>87364005
It will involve an Infinity Stone.
>>
>>87372820
>(Loki, Ronan, Helmut Zemo).
The only dude on that list that was made sympathetic out of the gate was fucking Loki, and that's a big reason why he's so marketable right now.
Ronan was barely a fucking character and more like a better handled modern version of Darth Vader. No one gives a fuck about Zemo.

Moonstone will never be one of the billions of truly evil characters that are instantly killed, like staine or ronan, or put into the vault like abomination and the leader.
She will be a misunderstood victim of ebul men and get a slap on the wrist.

Count on it.
>>
>>87372436
Anon, read the original Thunderbolts. Moonstone is interesting because, as weird as this sounds, she's an amoral hero. She's caught between loving the admiration and respect that being a hero grants, and being so amoral that she does it out of selfishness. That whole "pure evil seductresses" angle? That's BENDIS. She was manipulative as fuck even while a good guy, but using her sexuality was beneath her. Bendis is the one who made her slutty.
>>
>>87363796
>Captain Marvel screenwriter Nicole Perlaman

shes writing the script?
wasn't GotG only well-liked because of all the changes that Gunn put in, essentially gutting her script?
>>
>>87372746
She's a black woman.
>>
>>87372969
She plays with the minds of others and makes them commit suicide for her entertainment. That definitely qualifies as monster that is instantly killed.
>>
>>87373010
t. Graviton
>>
>>87373167
That is a perfect example of that. Intentionally aggravated situation so she could profit from it.
>>
>>87373001
Yeah.
Kind of like Goyer with Blade 1 and 2.

The actors, directors, litterally everything else made the movie work. The script was basically just there as a rough outline that they only followed when it was convenient or it wasn't going to be outright shit that they couldn't make work.
>>
The only real issue is who her villain is going to be. Yon-Rogg is more Mar-Vell's enemy than hers and he's got no real reason to show up without Vell. Moonstone really doesn't give a fuck about Carol despite popular demand saying otherwise. And Mystique, the only villain of Carol's worth a damn... well, we all know why she won't be showing up.
>>
File: Minn-Erva.jpg (469KB, 1343x720px) Image search: [Google]
Minn-Erva.jpg
469KB, 1343x720px
>>87373355
STARFORCE
>>
>>87373475
Granted, but the MCU would really have to work in order to pull it off, because Minerva is as minor as they come.
>>
>>87373536
Just have her introduce herself as a Kree Doctor of EVIL. Completely straight, obsessive levels to making other people worse off.
>>
>>87373536
We're havin Kaecilius right now. I don't think they really care about that.
>>
>>87364360
She's a big girl
>>
>>87373193
Okay, what are YOU referring to? Every time the Thunderbolts met Graviton, he wrecked their shit until she bluffed him into leaving because they COULD NOT BEAT HIM. Does "living" count as profit?
>>
>>87373654
I suppose.

Still with Mystique wasn't in such deep legal shit, though. She was Carol's enemy first.
>>
>>87374646
Just have MCU-Veranke be a Mystique knockoff. Not like they'll do Secret Invasion.
>>
>>87374784
Oh they will. Especially if there is any chance for them to get FF back. It's a big modern event storyline with a villan we haven't had yet. They'll do it for sure.
>>
>>87374784
>You replaced my spider, you son of a bitch! I'm going to enjoy breaking your body.
>>
>>87363796
LMAO Marvel fucked up and sold the rights to their best female characters in the X-franchise. Now they realize that a fucked up literally who character can't compete with the most iconic female superhero of all time and they need to retcon out the ass.
>>
File: 1467516046164.png (1MB, 1455x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467516046164.png
1MB, 1455x720px
>>87377999
>>
>>87378115
They theoretically could just improve the other ones, but seem to be pushing Captain Marvel only because has Marvel in the name.
>>
>>87378264
She's the best one they have that isn't tied heavily to another male character or franchise, like She-Hulk.

She is tied to Mar-Vell but he's not really around anymore so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>87378599
Define best. Like Mantis is cool and an actual good role model.
>>
>>87378696
Englehart pls go.
>>
>>87378599
She-Hulk would've been a better choice.
>>
>>87378837
They already have two Iron Mans, they don't need two Hulks.
>>
>>87379058
Are you retarded? She Hulk has existed as a character for decades. There's only one Iron Man in the films, and they're not going to dump RDJ anytime soon.
>>
>Why are they making a Carol movie if they have to completely rewrite Carol to make her work?
>Why not make a movie about a character that works without reinvention?
>>
>>87379311
She-Hulk existed because Marvel didn't want any rivals beating them to the punch, and then they treated her as a self-parody of all their books for decades.
>>
>>87379593
Because all the Marvel characters that don't need reinvention are stuck with other franchises, and Carol is literally all they have left.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
>>87379593
I recognize that show!
>>
>>87378696
Mantis is up in Guardians 2, but don't you worry she'll also be completely reinvented by Gunn to fit on his movie.
>>
>>87379703
Of course you do. The name is on the fucking filename. You dumb Capcunt.
>>
File: 1464058867971.gif (954KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464058867971.gif
954KB, 400x300px
>>87363898
>It's a Bastonfag complains about the name change again episode
>>
>>87379715
Born a plant ayylmao with antennae?
>>
>>87363829
I am glad she is respectfully trying to lie about the reason they are taking Mar-vell out. It is obviously to take her from the shadow of a man, but she is not throwing that in our faces, like most are doing these days.
Nevetheless, no one cares about him ( ICertainly don't), so it is ok, I guess.
>>
>>87379823
Star-Lord's socially reclused imouto.
>>
>>87369273
>>87369406
mar vell after a battle with thanos is badly injured and captured by the MCU Designated Alien Baddies.
Carol is on some air force mission and captred y the same MCUDAB along with her squadron.
They perform experiments on them giving carol some unstable powers, then shit happens they escape and mar vell gives carol his powers.
All of this would take up the first 30 or so minutes of the film.
>>
what is wrong with her origin?

>air force pilot
>nasa astronaut
>meet kree
>befriended by Mar'vel
>shit happens
>Carol gets Kree physiology and powers
>take Mar'vel's name
>punch aliens
>steamy lesbian sex with Jessica
>>
>>87380591
>>
>>87380727
MCU beats DCEU to the lesbian leading roll movie.

>so progressive
>much quips
>wow
>many awards.
>>
>>87363973
The funniest thing about 'progressives' is that they have an entirely regressive mentality. They want sharia law basically.
>>
>>87366911
It being a female lead movie will already turn off the chinks I'd wager.
>>
>>87380755
So a military woman must be a lesbian?
>>
>>87380591
>air force pilot
That's probably still in there. Nothing wrong.
>nasa astronaut
Bit of a stretch, but there might not be anything wrong with that if that's where the drew the line.
>meet kree
GL corps
>befriended by Mar'vel
Abin Sur
>shit happens
It always does
>Carol gets Kree physiology and powers
Green Lantern ring
>take Mar'vel's name
Assumes the mantle of Green Lantern
>punch aliens
Nothing wrong there.
Too lewd and not canon.

Everything involving the Kree and Mar'vel will probably just be replaced with the Infinity Stones and maybe some Thanos goons. She'll probably get her powers from them like the Maximoffs, but by accident.
>>
>>87364005
>>Please give me any reason that you think Adam Warlock is cool/interesting?
Please give me any reason anyone thinks Carol is cool/interesting? There are dozens of far more interesting female characters you could choose to be a fan of. She's bottom of the barrel trash.
>>
>>87380883
She is a violent tool with a smoking body
>>
>>87380755
>>many awards.
lel

The MCU is never going to win anything notable.
>>
>>87381005
Even for special effects?
>>
>>87380832
no.

but why waste the potential for a hot tomboy lesbian and her feminine lesbian lover?
>>
>>87381058
That's not notable. No one remembers the technical awards.
>>
>>87366708

When's the last time you've watched any tv or consumed media other than comics? That describes most female protagonists these days in television, especially in crime or political drama like Scandal.
>>
>>87380883

There's maybe a handful of actual Carol fans on /co/. The rest are just riding the shitpost train of gender poltics that infects the character now.

Shame though, her EMH version was actually decent.
>>
>>87380865
Except Hal Jordan barely knew Abin Sur. Carol and Mar-Vell actually knew eachother relatively well.
>>
>>87363841
>Female superhero
check
>Minority character
Check
>Female minority character that's also a competent leader and ISN'T a white hero's sidekick
CHECK
>Helps makes people forget about STORM
FUCKING CHECK

Marvel shooting themselves in the dick by not going with Monica Rambeau
>>
>>87363943
>medium
>>
File: 1465262241874.jpg (857KB, 1280x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1465262241874.jpg
857KB, 1280x2000px
>>87382967
Monica is treated like a joke by Marvel.
>>
>>87380826
Are you fucking retarded?

>>87380832
Actually....Yes.
Being a tuff woman = eating pussy.
>>
>>87382967
Nextwave characters were used because they were irrelevant/unpopular. Dirk Anger existed because Marvel was all "fuck no" when he wanted to use Nick Fury.
>>
>>87380962
Her being a good soldier and lapdog of the state(that was all of an ineffectual punch in the face followed by a long winded speech about being the kind of heroine that the world needs and young girls look up too from a dissapointed cap away from being a good character and her slow attempt at redeeming herself in the eyes of the superhero community and being the heroine that she's played up as by the PR people) and having the best body of all female superbeings as well as an ass that has 22 different dedicated hash tags dedicated too it was who she USED to be.

Now she's just...a flat andro quasi gay character with no actual character, personality, cool powers, or anything too her.
>>
>>87364900
yes
>>
>>87363796
>Kelly Sue DeConnick did a great run with her story arc recently
Not only was that a bad run, the could have used the better one after it.
>>
>>87363796
They literally explained why in the interview you posted.
>>
Fuck, if they're going to change origins anyway, why not change Dr. Strange? His origin is easily the worst thing about the character.
>>
She's going to make a false rape claim and say only weak people get raped.
Also she had an abortion in the third trimester
>>
>>87380865
>Too lewd and not canon.
I wonder if they could get past the China ban if they just included those scenes as extras on the brd?
>>
>Captain Marvel
This movie getting exposure among the mainstream will confuse through and through repeatedly I imagine.
People will speak of Captain Marvel and I will keep thinking of the real Captain Marvel every time until I realize they're talking about Marvel.
>>
>>87385897

I know they cast The Rock as Black Adam, but who should they be looking to cast as Billy?
>>
>>87363943
>waist 28"

why are women such terrible liars?
>>
>>87363796
Carol is a shitty character.
>>
>>87382840
But you couldn't fit all that development in a single movie, and giving Mar-Vell a bigger part than Abin Sur would result in Carol being overshadowed by a man in her own movie. They'll never allow that.
>>
>>87363796

Nope. No original Captain Marvel, no fucking sale.

Fuck this shit. They managed to do the same story on Earth's Mighiest Hero's in like 45 minutes. It's really not that hard.

>>87363829

>And god do average looking 25+ women in superhero get ups that don't accentuate their bodies look like harmless school teachers who're dressing up for their class.
It's just awful.

Exactly. Got to make sure she's not attractive in any way or else it will trigger every single bitch's toxic, insecure jealously!

>>87379891

>It is obviously to take her from the shadow of a man

I still think that's the reason. Can't have a male give her powers because tumblr will read into that in all the most retarded ways possible.
>>
>>87385963
They cast the Rock as Black Adam in a movie that will never ever be made to keep him away from MARVEL/Disney and any potential Namor movies.
>>
>>87380865

>Everything involving the Kree and Mar'vel will probably just be replaced with the Infinity Stones and maybe some Thanos goons. She'll probably get her powers from them like the Maximoffs, but by accident.

Taking out the Kree would be absolutely fucking retarded considering they already have a strong presence in the MCU with AoS and GotG. There is no reason not to use the Kree, other than pissing off actual comic readers even more.
>>
>>87387735
Now that would actually be fucking funny if true.
>>
>>87363932

>Kamala, the Not-Just-A-Muslim-Mouth-Piece-But-The-Feminist-&-SJW-Mouth-Piece-Too!

And this is why I don't read anything of recent Marvel's.

Captain Marvel at least had the honor of the only super hero who seemed to just stay dead.

Now I want to write for Marvel and have Mar-vel come back and kill Kamala once it's revealed she's actually a Skrull Queen or something.
>>
>>87364005
>Now, if I could just get people to stop talking about Adam Warlock
>because *no one cares* about Adam Warlock

Hey guys, don't read comics here. just like the movies. Just want to point out that people must care about this Adam Warlock guy if they won't stop talking about him.
>>
>>87387808
fuck you, Kamala's actually good when written by Wilson. Use your revenge fic on Riri or some other bullshit token character
>>
File: cap marvel ish morphin tiem.png (355KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
cap marvel ish morphin tiem.png
355KB, 600x400px
>>87363796
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3w7CTpNH-E
>>
>They could easily use Monica or Kamala as their WW, but they're too scared to use a darkie as their "it" girl.
Guess all their social awareness was skin deep.
>>
>>87364005

Daily reminder "no one cares" always means "I don't care".

I fucking love Adam Warlock, he's been one of my favorite characters since I was 9.

>>87380883

Because she's probably the only Marvel character with tits being posted on tumblr.

>>87382775

This though. Marvel had one job -- just copy that EHM arc and make a movie out of it. Kree invasion and everything.

It could of been so simple but they had to fuck it up. Oh well. Let it flop.
>>
>>87387924
>I fucking love Adam Warlock, he's been one of my favorite characters since I was 9.

Same. I hope Infinity Watch gets an omnibus one of these days.
>>
>>87387910
>Guess all their social awareness was skin deep.
Virtue signalling is the worst for this very reason.

It mostly comes down to people who don't actually give a shit about the subject wagging their fingers at people who just want to enjoy their hobby in peace.
>>
>>87387910
>>87388008

When did you guys assume it was ever more than skin-deep? It's always been for display only. That's why "virtue signalling" is such a good term, it hits it right on the nail. These people are basically just pretending to care about something to show off how much they conform to societal trends and norms.

Trying to pretend their fake concern over people they've never meet will excuse their absolute assholish behavior in every other aspect of life. For instance if you grow up with the idea that "racist=bad person" then shouting "IM NOT A RACIST" as loud as you can automatically makes you the good person, the main character, the hero of the story and the one entitled to all the positive social and sexual attention and good material things!

There was never anything genuine about social justice.
>>
>>87363796
Marvel (the execs) like Captain Marvel as a brand and as a character to facilitate good will and foster a fanbase among a difficult to crack demographic

There's a problem though: Ms. Marvel does not have a very 'PC' friendly origin story and is in general not actually all that interesting as a character. There's a reason Marvel keeps re-inventing Carol, it's because they think she almost works but isn't quite there yet. To them what they're doing is iterating again and again to refine the concept until it hits peak potential.

This generates a new problem: reinventing a comic book character is ground for the fanbase to completely bail or otherwise start bitching about how you're ruining their childhood and other shit like this. The solution to this new problem is to perform the paradigm shift in such a way that you can't just ignore it.

So basically changing an origin story for a high budget MCU movie is like a huge ginormous unignoreable character reboot. It's exactly what Marvel wants, if it fails then they can ignore it, if it works then they take it and put it in the comics and attract normies with it.
>>
>>87387910
They would 100% make less money if they used Monica or Kamala, and profits matter way more than quality.
>>
>>87364005
>*no one cares* about Adam Warlock
Fuuuuuuuuck Yoooooooou.
Infinity Watch was a good book.
>>
>>87363943

her boobs look way too small for how fat she is. Would still smash like no tomorrow though
>>
>>87388557
Small tits on big pear shaped girls is 10/10
>>
>>87363796
I don't get it. Her origin isn't that close to GL's at all, and only needs the slightest bit of tweaking to work within the confines of a two-hour movie.

It's simple: Air force roughneck accidentally absorbs the powers of a space-fairing superhero and gets into wacky shenanigans while trying to reverse the process. Of course, they fall in love in the process, but can't get together due to their separate duties, but it's left open-ended enough for sequels without being a major factor.

It's the exact same formula as most Marvel (and Dreamworks) origin stories, just with the genders reversed. Are they saying they can't tell a story by playing with those dynamics?
>>
>>87363878
Jesus fucking Christ. Drop this meme already.
>>
>>87388702
Shut up faggot
>>
>>87388754
>Strong woman getting powers from man
>Strong woman being love interest of man
Do you really not get it or are you just playing dumb?
>>
>>87389220
The first is true, but I'm basically saying to make Mar-Vell HER love interest, instead of the other way around. Like I said, play with the typical Marvel origin conventions a little.

I actually do understand why they'd want her to be completely stand-alone as a character, I'm just suggesting a way to do it without completely disregarding Mar-Vell.
>>
>>87364335
Women's sizes are all lies, they have a size 0. Funny thing is they don't even have a set standard. A set size will be different depending on who you get it from. All of this so they feel better about themselves and buy more
>>
>>87389901
If he is powered first and she has him to thank for becoming a superhero people will perceive Mar-Vell as the alpha male and Carol as someone who follows him. They have some weird Bechdel test double standard thingy where even if she's the dominant one and has to rescue his ass, it's still a woman talking about a man. It makes no sense, I know, but it's better for them to just not risk tieing her to a man in any way that could possibly be perceived as her being dependent on him or the man being better than her.
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.