[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of the Hellblazer/Constantine series been good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ocfehuGjWn1qe04zro1_1280.jpg (273KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocfehuGjWn1qe04zro1_1280.jpg
273KB, 900x1366px
Have any of the Hellblazer/Constantine series been good since he moved to DC?
>>
>>87360599
DCYou was decent. Current one has been getting me the wrong way. Breaking the fourth wall instead of just thought narration, ignoring Soule's work on Swamp Thing and the Parliaments. Constantine doesn't think Djinn are real. But DCYou one was fine enough, for a small little Hellblazer story.
>>
>>87360599
Swamp thing has been decent to great since his move back to DC. Snyder started good, but rot world led to a decline in the quality. Soule Swamp thing was better than Snyder's. Constantine the Hellblazer was good.
>>
>>87360599
That's some awesome fanart.
>>
>>87363328
That's a variant cover.
>>
>>87360599
I really liked that run where Constantine was a snarky asshole and ended up outsmarting everyone
>>
anyone reading Lucifer?
>>
>>87363738
I read the first trade, can't remember a thing.

The current Hellblazer is occasionally making me wince (Swamp Thing's "3 kingdoms" thing especially) but I'm enjoying it anyway. Just approach it as a book about an asshole magician rather than a Hellblazer title and it works out fine. Plus it's the only magic/fantasy title that DC have left in the DCU, and I want to see it successful enough that they add more.
>>
>>87363769
>Plus it's the only magic/fantasy title that DC have left in the DCU
There's a Raven book.
>>
>>87363442
You should read Carey's run cheeky cunt
>>
>>87363738
I dropped it after the first issue. Lucifer's return to earth causes people to act evily and Elaine is nowhere to be seen
>>
Run rankings lads
Ennis>Carey>Delano>Jenkins>Ellis>>>>Azz>>>>>>>>>>Milligan
Seriously what that fuck happened to Peter Milligan
>>
>>87363888
Didn't Elaine become the universe itself though?
>>
>>87363888
Elaine is in the later issues.

I do like the series overall, but I can't disagree that it feels somewhat... lacking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.