[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The cool thing about HIM was that his crossdressing was never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: HIM.jpg (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HIM.jpg
96KB, 1000x1000px
The cool thing about HIM was that his crossdressing was never brought up once. It wasn't a major plot point or anything, he just did it and it was accepted as part of his character and that was it.

If they decided to put HIM in the modern PPG there would be an entire episode devoted to why he dresses androgynously with a big hamfisted message about how it's okay and should be accepted.
>>
>>87353719
>If they decided to put HIM in the modern PPG

But he already showed up, anon.
>>
File: 1476524559511.png (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476524559511.png
42KB, 300x300px
>>87353719
He is in modern PPG.

Had an episode as main vilain.

Nothing that you said happened.
>>
>>87353719
He's cross dressing? I just figured he wore a strange outfit because he was a strange creature. There is no conventional mode of dress for vaguely Satanic Demi Gods with lobster claws. He's not even human, why would he give a fuck about his clothes being considered masculine or feminine?

That's like saying "I like how Droopy's being a nudist is never brought up."
>>
>>87354537
Cartoon animals without clothes is normal and always done in fiction.

Crossdressinsing male demons arent.

This said, >>87353766 is right.
>>
>>87353719
I though it was a red-dyed stylized santa outfit
>>
>>87354699
I did too until that one episode where the girls call up each villain to see if they were doing anything evil and HIM was doing aerobics in a pastel get up, then it clicked for me.
>>
>>87354888
To be honest, Craig said that it was a joke with the word Satan and Santa.
>>
>>87353719
He's not really cross dressing, I always thought he was wearing a santa jacket with a puffy rim and hood.
>>
Yeah, it's just a santa outfit. People are just projecting the crossdressing thing because it looks so strange and he has such camp behavior
>>
>>87354916
>>87355125
Really? I always thought he was a gay cross dressing devil lobster. Thinking about it I can see the Santa inspiredness.

Didn't grow up religious but I associated the flamboyance of HIM on top of his appearance with Satan since gay=evil. To this day I can't recall anyone ever complaining about HIM.
>>
File: skirt.gif (566KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
skirt.gif
566KB, 500x381px
>>87354916
Thigh high leg warmers though. And a cheerleader skirt.
>>
File: lipbite.jpg (5KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
lipbite.jpg
5KB, 128x128px
>>87355754
mmmm.... dat ass
>>
File: littlekingjohnnope.gif (714KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
littlekingjohnnope.gif
714KB, 253x253px
>>87355754

Sometimes a guy wants to feel pretty.
>>
>>87353719
While I would normally agree if it was a different character I could see someone being offended by Him pretty easily and I wouldn't blame them.

His cross dressing wasn't just some one off thing, it was a conscious design choice which was most likely done by the staff to enforce his general feeling of an ominous unclear other.

Him doesn't avoid tirade's about Trans acceptance because the show had tact, it's practically the opposite. He avoids them because he's an otherworldly demon monster who dresses in tall boots and frilly clothes to make your skin crawl.
>>
>>87355438
>Thigh-high high-heeled boots.
>Dress that just ends a few centimeters below the crotch.
>Puffy pink collar.
>No santa hat.
>Santa.
Mhm.
>>
File: no.png (156KB, 412x413px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
156KB, 412x413px
>>87356276
BUTBUTBUT MUH SJW MENACE
>>
File: mons.jpg (42KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
mons.jpg
42KB, 500x377px
>>87353719
mah niggah here sported phat pumps n' shit too senpai tbph imho baka ily
>>
>>87353719
I always thought it was something about religion. Religions usually condemn homossexual behavior, thus HIM acted as a fag
>>
When I was a kid I imagined his weird dressing was just to add to his weird character.

Why does anyone assume a kid today would think differently?
>>
>>87354916
>>87355559
I always just saw a blue meanie.

Exceot red and thin as opposed to blue and fluffy.
>>
>>87356673
Because they're easily spooked by skeleton-related imagery.

Also, rewatching the show now for the first time in a decade... and goddamn were Him's vocals spot on. Just fucking gorgeous vocal and effects work.
>>
>>87356774
This, I always assumed he was a red meanie. I can kind of see the santa thing but why the thigh high stiletto heeled boots?
>>
File: little pink princess.jpg (230KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
little pink princess.jpg
230KB, 768x1024px
>>87355754
Well...
>>87356204
>>
File: 1407981323925.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1407981323925.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>87356276
That's one of the things with why people don't take SJWs seriously about anything. One person who identifies as an SJW will praise a character for having a design that defies binary gender archetypes and making trans kids feel safe in the way the express themselves and then another self identifying SJW will come along and cry foul at the same character for using gay coding for a villain. There's literally no pleasing these people.

You know there were SJWs who were actually upset about the female characters in Stranger Things? A show that is chock full of awesome female characters who have agency and show a wide range of admirable qualities that all had wide appeal across all demographics? But noooo! It's sexist because Eleven liked the dress she got to wear and the shitty boyfriend got to have a redemption arch.
>>
>>87360065
Maybe it's because SJWs aren't a collective conscious but a group of people with some similar ideals.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.