[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be doing a short presentation on the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1476403270335.jpg (387KB, 1280x1904px) Image search: [Google]
1476403270335.jpg
387KB, 1280x1904px
I'm going to be doing a short presentation on the history of comic books. What should I focus on?
>>
>>87259051

Golden Age -> Comics Code Authority/Silver Age -> Bronze Age -> Modern Age (including the comics crash of the 90's and early 00's) -> current issues in the industry

How short are we talking?
>>
Don't forget to mention British Invasion.
>>
>>87259051
>I'm going to be doing a short presentation on the history of comic books.
Is this a college thing? Because in any case that's a really fucking dumb project.

>What should I focus on?
Especially when you need to ask fucking 4chan for a topic. I hope you fail, because you deserve to.
>>
>>87259175
It's a ten minute presentation about any topic. For a speech class.

No need to be mean about it
>>
>>87259140
5 to 7 minutes. nothing to indepth, just the basic plot.
>>
>>87259268
Too*
>>
>>87259298
No
>>
>>87259175

Calm the fuck down beardy neck
>>
Guess you should point out the tonal shifts from age to age and maybe what they represented. Like how silver age was full of that good old optimism regarding bullshit space age technology and the future when everyone was excited about the universe and that reflected in the media.

Also you should probably set aside some time to talk specificaly about Sandman, Watchmen and DKR because of how influential they are. At the end or in the beginning show a little bit about non superhero comics, most people might not be aware of those.
>>
>>87259140
>>87260776
What these guys said, but also try to track Superman's history through it all.
>>
>>87259051
If if have to put down sources, make sure to mention /co/.
>>
>>87259175
Kys
>>
>>87260843

Yeah since Superman is really the codifying example of "superhero" he makes for a good test case for these different eras.
>>
You might also want to mention like prototypical comic book stuff like The Yellow Kid (widely considered the first ever comic book) and The Phantom ( one of the prototypical pre-supes superheroes) .
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.