[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see in season 4? Bojack will get his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

What do you want to see in season 4?

Bojack will get his friends back, right?
>>
>>87249598
Considering how the last season ended, S4 will involve him trying to find happiness in the one place he hasn't looked, by having a family. There is no indication that it will even work and if he fails to find happiness through this he's either going to completely disconnect from society or kill himself.
>>
>>87249598

An ending.

Because if Season 4 is just a retread of Season 2 like Season 3 is, then it's already overstayed it;s welcome.
>>
>>87249598
A wholehearted new direction for the show, away from Hollywoo and somewhere, or somewheres else.
>>
>>87249598
I want each episode to revolve around a different character in Bojack's life, each one's life slowly degrading into the same depressing hole Bojack escaped by letting go of the past.
>>
>>87249598
less forced liberal anti-male rhetoric from the writers, more Sebastian St. Clair
>>
>>87249598
Full frontal nudity. They'd showed that little seahorse's dingle, why won't they show Bojack's horse dong?
>>
>>87249598
I don't envy the writers, they kinda balanced comedy and depressive stuff until now, season 3 ending was darker than usual, either he kills himself and next season wil go into a fucking depressing direction, or he finds happindes, either way people won't like it
>>
>>87251435
>less forced liberal anti-male rhetoric from the writers

Can I get an example?
>>
>>87251395
This. It's all going to tumble down.
>>
>>87252500
when they tried to slut shame bojack for sleeping with a woman that tod was interested in, even though it was completely consensual, todd rejected her, and even though tod is asexual.
>>
>>87252618
That's not anti-male that's just Todd being a self-righteous ingrate.

Which brings me to my hope for season 4: Todd and Diane must fully confront and accept what hypocritical douchebag they are. They're just as bad as Bojack, Bojack just has the awareness and decency to feel like shit about himself.
>>
>>87252718
yes, and the episode showcased bojack being berated by a self righteous ingrate to reiterate bojack being flawed, however he is flawed for different reasons, not because of what todd was saying. it was anti straight male slut shaming.
>>
>>87252618
that's somehow liberal or anti-male? I don't even think there was an implication that it made him a "slut". Just that both he and Tod's girlfriend are desperate people who put instant gratification before considering what it might mean to Tod. Also having it be so close to the end of the season it's hard to say that it won't be brought up again. Bojack has yet to learn that Tod's asexual and knowing the show it's almost guarantee that he will make exactly the argument of "why do you care?"
>>
>>87252808
liberals identity politics divide people along lines of
alienated labor in a capitalist system

who says you have to use the word "slut"? bojack was being shamed for sexual behavior. even if tod was not in fact asexual, he would have no right to talk to bojack that way. people are allowed to feel jealous but it's wrong to verbally abuse someone for their personal decisions that don't affect third parties or the public
>>
>>87252865
scuse me - *liberals USE identity politics to divide people*
>>
>>87252865
>liberals identity politics divide people
It's a cartoon about a depressed horse who fucks up every relationship he has.
>>
I want him to either try to sleep with his daughter, and the press finds out

or to try and be a good farther but she dies.
>>
>>87252865
>>87252891
>liberals identity politics divide people along lines of
alienated labor in a capitalist system
I don't follow, how does this relate to the show or the specific instance of Bojack vs Tod? Also I'm """liberal""" and am completely against identity politics so I would appreciate if you hold back on the partisan rhetoric yourself.

>who says you have to use the word "slut"?
well, you did. That was the word you used so I argued against your use of the word.

>he would have no right to talk to bojack that way.
You're starting to sound a little far left yourself there. It's perfectly within his rights and hopefully come some point at season 4 Bojack will use his own right to say whatever the fuck he wants to politely disagree with Tod and they can try to work out the issue and become better people for it.

> abuse someone for their personal decisions that don't affect third parties or the public
well this is a complex ethical issue depending on if you consider Todd a third party or public or whatever you want. I would happen to agree that Todd likely doesn't have a good reason to be upset but I haven't had an in depth discussion with an asexual over their ideas of romantic commitment and all that Jazz so I wouldn't object to the show taking a different standpoint assuming they handle it well like they have with other ethical issues in the past.
>>
>>87253148
>partisan rhetoric
it's in the definition of liberal, anon. many of the things discussed in the show we're talking about fit the descriptor of liberal, i provided an example when you or another anon asked.

>i argued against the use of the word
you're accusing me or a rhetorical tautalogy when i used the phrase with the word slut in it in the correct context, given the meaning of the phrase "slut shame"

>you're staring to sound a little far left
yes. i am far left. as it so happens, liberals are right of center. claiming that someone can say whatever they want IN RESPONSE to slut shaming is not really a clarion call for justice.
>>
>>87249598
More sexy animal girls in skimpy clothes.
>>
>>87252910
and that cartoon horse did not fuck up any relationships by having consensual sex. if you think that it is wrong for a straight male to have consensual sex, you are engaging in identity politics
>>
>>87253256
BRRAT BRRAT PEW PEW!
>>
>>87252865
Todd was right to tell Bojack it's all him but it was for the wrong reason

And he did actually feel bad about it so there's that. More than Emily seemed to, anyway. Bojack actually came clean about it but Todd is blinded by his kid crush on her so let it all his hurt on Bojack.
>>
Mr. Peanutbutter running for governor should be interesting. I'm curious to see how he, his ex wife and Diane will interact.
I'd actually like to see Bradley's show become a thing, even if it were to inevitably crash and burn.
>>
>>87253233
>it's in the definition of liberal.
Can you show me where you're finding this definition of liberal because it certainly doesn't mach up with mine.

>you're accusing me or a rhetorical tautalogy
I don't believe that I am. I do not believe that the writers tried to slut shame Bojack as they have handled almost any issue with more nuance than that. It is not a given that the writers agree with Tod as it is not a given that the writers agree with any characters point of view. Diane the quintessential brainy liberal presented an argument about abortion that she was later educated on by other characters in the show. I have no reason to believe that the writers intend for you to whole heartily agree with Tod and accept his perspective of the issue.

>yes. i am far left. as it so happens, liberals are right of center.
You appear to be playing a game of semantics with me so we need to clear some things up. Can I get a thorough definition of "left" "right" and "liberal" from your understanding of the words?

>claiming that someone can say whatever they want IN RESPONSE to slut shaming is not really a clarion call for justice.

Does it need to be? Did I make that claim that it was? Tod did not go around telling everyone that he thinks Bojack is a slut. I think it's perfectly acceptable to say that people have a right to initiate a conversation with someone else where they express a unfavorable view of the person they are talking to. If Tod shouldn't be allowed to tell Bojack that he thinks Bojack is an ass for what he did, then Bojack can not learn that Tod feels that way and help correct Tod's perspective if Bojack feels he has an argument against it.
>>
>>87253687
>definition of liberal
>you're using semantics

look up liberal economists. you'll find that right wing libertarians look up to them. Mises, Friedman, Hayek, even Rothbard had classical liberal stuff in his worldview as well.

liberals are right of center. they support corporate subsidies, are pro-war and engage in identity politics without bringing up class consciousness.

"Identity politics is rooted in a one-sided expression of capitalism, and is therefore not a revolutionary politics. As noted earlier, “identity” can be equated with alienated labor; it is a one-sided expression of our total potential as human beings."

https://libcom.org/library/i-am-woman-human-marxist-feminist-critique-intersectionality-theory-eve-mitchell

>i don't believe the writers were trying to slut shame bojack
>it is not a given that the writers agree with tod

the context is that the writers have been carrying a theme about sex politics off an on throughout the show

>if tod shouldn't be allowed to do x, bojack cannot learn

but that's not what was portrayed. bojack simply allowed tod to attack him and didn't stand up for himself at all.

now that i think about it, if anything, that's proof that bojack is a decent person since tod was lashing out. maybe bojack knew that tod was in an emotional state and logic hurts people's feelings. but that's an interpretation. what was portrayed was bojack just being berated and accepting it. you can say it might be approached again next season, but for now it was slut shaming.
>>
>>87255092
>implying those two things contradict each other
Yes, if I think you are purposefully using an uncommon definition of a word to confuse an issue that is specifically when I would ask for your personal definition of the word.

What part of the world are you from because in contemporary US liberal generally stands for more government, more corporate regulation, less military intervention on behalf of national interests and more on behalf of humanitarian aid. Depending on who you talk to they will either focus on Identity politics with a heavy emphasis on class struggle or be strongly against identity politics in general.

>"Identity politics is rooted in a one-sided expression of capitalism, and is therefore not a revolutionary politics. As noted earlier, “identity” can be equated with alienated labor; it is a one-sided expression of our total potential as human beings."

How do you see this in relation to the ethics presented by the show? Are you saying that it makes an argument for/against a particular class because it seems to be pretty balanced in presenting characters from multiple "identities" as multifaceted and morally ambiguous. The show pretty much opens up with a war vet and a hollywood star equally acting like trite idiots because of their own identity politics. Would that not be a criticism of exactly what you're accusing them of supporting?

>if tod shouldn't be allowed to do x, bojack cannot learn

comment too long, will post 2nd half
>>
>>87255092

But I said the exact opposite of this. If "tod has no right" to voice his criticisms to Bojack then how is Bojack supposed to be aware of those criticisms and correct Tod if he disagrees with those criticisms.

>the context is that the writers have been carrying a theme about sex politics off an on throughout the show

I don't see the relevance to the original point. People talk about the ethics behind actions, some of those actions are sexual. Therefore "liberal' anti-male rhetoric"?

>but that's not what was portrayed. bojack simply allowed tod to attack him and didn't stand up for himself at all.

So how is this anti-male and how would you have expected these characters personalities to interact on the issue if they weren't in your mind being used to spew rhetoric? Was bojack meant to say "I have no reason to apologize, you're romantically involved and it's totally on you that you're bent out of shape over us screwing."?

If it's not obvious, I'm still not certain exactly what you think was rhetoric in this situation. The characters in the show are not pinnacles of rational morality. They're mostly idiots that sometimes have brief moments of lucidity.
>>
>>87249598
The show to die.
>>
>>87249598
He already kind of made up with Diane in the last episode

I think PC won't come back as long as her current relationship lasts. Whether or not it does is up in the air.

Todd is a crapshoot.
>>
File: 1472498704779.png (277KB, 726x581px) Image search: [Google]
1472498704779.png
277KB, 726x581px
>>87253256
This nigga knows what's up
>>
>>87251435
Thanks Milo
>>
>>87252467
I want to see Princess Carolyn's fluffy pink bush too.
>>
>>87257004
i don't get the reference. which milo are you talking about? milo and otis? milo from atlantis?
>>
>>87256973
hawt
>>
I want to see Mr. Peanutbutter actually get some degree of comeuppance for being a manipulative, all-knowing jerkbag for the past three seasons.

He seems to be able to get away with literally everything, the good and the bad, and now with him being wanted to become Governor, I really worry that the writers are just going to let him live in this self-constructed bubble he's built around himself and he won't be able to grow as a character, yet insisting that everyone around him gets better.
>>
>>87257077
He's gonna run against a Donald Trump expy and win because of his feelgood liberal rhetoric.
>>
>>87257044
Yes.
>>
File: Milo_reminisces.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Milo_reminisces.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
>>87257394
meow will you take me seriously?
>>
>>87257038
>>
>>87257067
hoot
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.