[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is considered a popular character >actual book doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>Is considered a popular character
>actual book doesn't actually sell very well

Please explain how this is popular. And I am not singling out Squirrel Girl specifically, I can think of hand full of characters that are considered A-list whose comics don't actually sell well.
>>
>>87249477
>popular
meant "possible"
>>
>>87249477
Her tpb sells well. Reason why.
>>
>>87249521
Doesn't it sell pretty well digitally on comixology and what not?
>>
>>87249477
The demographic of people who buy it don't buy single issues, they buy digital and trades
>>
Because people don't want to buy things, especially comics. Comics have become like the News to some people, because we are so used to getting it free (The vast amount of web comics around), people feel it's pointless to buy it so they just read it online somewhere or download it. It's not like the movies where you can't replicate a theater experience on your little laptop. It's like how John Oliver has millions of fucking fans but you would never guess that from the ratings because everyone just watches his show on YouTube and won't bother paying for HBOGo since they can get it for free.
>>
So a bigger question is how long until comic companies stop paying attention to floppy sales and start paying more attention to trade and digital sales? Seems like it's starting to happen now but time and time again I see anecdotal evidence from retailers and creators saying the best way to support books is to by the floppies.

Would Diamond just have to die off completely? Or is there a better chance of print media going the way of the dinosaur?
>>
>>87249477

Most people who love Squirrel Girl don't bother to actually purchase or read comics. just repost fan art and screenshots of her on tumblr
>>
>>87249477
Because Squirrel Girl y herself isn't good character to make comic around
She works way better in some sort of team or as background character
>>
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 6,838 (2015)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 514 (Jan 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 428 (May 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 482 (July 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 567 (August 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 576 (September 2016)

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 2 Squirrel You Know Its Tru 3,199

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 3 Squirrel Really Got Me No 2,340

>her OGN is #2 on NYTimes List
>Wonder Woman's OGN is #6
>>
>>87249897
Pretty much. Diamond dies, comic stores are used collector's editions, variants and figures and other collectibles. TPBs and omnibuses become available at common stores and digital sale price decreases.
>>
>>87249612

>fell for the digital sales meme
>>
>>87252336
but all of my favorite dc books are at the top of the list every week! they must be important!
>>
>>87249477
In the case of Squirrel Girl, it's the idea of a niche. She won't sell too well, but she won't ever completely crash and burn (from what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong here). She also has a decent fan following, which means that if Marvel were to, say, bring her into the MCU they'd have something to go off.

With other characters like Supes it's because they're iconic. They don't sell comics, they sell toys and movies and tv shows.
>>
>>87252513
>they sell toys

does sg have merch
like at hot topic or something
>>
File: 20160909_032833.png (903KB, 719x1091px) Image search: [Google]
20160909_032833.png
903KB, 719x1091px
>>87249477
Quesada shills it.
>>
>>87252535
it's right next to the Harley Quinn section
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.