[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all Batman's rogues, do you think Mr Freeze could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: MrFries.jpg (181KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
MrFries.jpg
181KB, 485x750px
Out of all Batman's rogues, do you think Mr Freeze could be redeemed?

How would you write it?

Personally I've always liked him as a better arch enemy for Batman, given they have similar based motivations and tragic pasts.
>>
>>87238559
just have some alien thaw his wife out and he would lose 60% of his villainous motivation. I imagine he would still hate being a freak of nature Popsicle but it would be a start
>>
Fuck him, he is the worst cold based villian, seriously i dpon't get why anyone like him, cold is so much coooler
>>
>>87238559
>do you think Mr Freeze could be redeemed?

No, because he doesn't want to be.
>>
Wayne Enterprises creates a cure for Nora Fries's illness and Mr. Freeze has almost no reason to be a villain... except maybe for money for the procedure.
>>
>>87238559
You can't redeem a guy who drowned his mom as a kid and got obsessed with a woman he'd never met to the point he waifud her.
The character is beyond redemption now.
>>
>>87238559
>do you think Mr Freeze could be redeemed?

After he started murdering people, no. Freeze is a monster who used his wife as an excuse. Noble intentions do not make up for the massive amounts of murder and violence he has committed on the Gotham populace, especially when he has never shown any remorse for it.
>>
>>87239376
but he can't show remorse for it, he has no emotions
>>
>>87238559
only females and genderfluid villains can be redeemed
>>
>>87239390
>he has no emotions

Dude's pretty angry and melancholic all the time for a man who supposedly has no emotions.
>>
>>87238559
He has one phenomenal story in him.

Thats literally it. Ironically, thats what makes him a one off villain. There's not much you can do with him. Either cure Nora or kill her off. And now that Nora isn't really a thing, he's just some generic bad guy.
>>
>>87239347
Talking about pre-nu 52 Freeze, obviously.
>>
>>87239420
>And now that Nora isn't really a thing, he's just some generic bad guy.

He was always a generic bad guy in the comics. I personally quite like the current idea that he's a sociopath obsessed with the concept of love and tries to recreate a family for himself by kidnapping people and freezing them so they would remain pure and pristine and never leave him.
>>
>>87239347
My head canon is that after Flashpoint/New 52/Rebirth, when memories/events and love was taken by Dr. Manhattan that Mr. Freeze wasn't affected for whatever reason, so he's the only one who remembers being with Nora.
>>
>>87238559
He's brought in by some random asshole who finds out about his technology.
The tech would make him immortal so he wants it and he's willing to trade a cure for his wife.
Freeze begins to steal what tech he can't get legally to help build a machine to give said man immortality.
He helps the man achieve his goals and his wife is mostly restored, she's horrified by what he's done and flees from him.
She's captured by the man who does the gloating LOL ME SMART YOU DUMB MR FREEZE FOUGHT THE ENTIRE WORLD TO FIND A CURE FOR YOUR WIFE AND NOW SHE HATES YOU
He says something about not caring as long as she's safe
She says something about, If I knew that you would become this I wish I had died, alongside the viktor that I loved.
Cue Freeze losing it and murdering minions freezing said villian
She wakes up to find batman carrying her to his batmoboat.
She asks him who he is fights him and asks where's viktor over and over again. She beats on him and kicks as batman carries her to the boat VIKTOR VIKTOR
Freeze stands in the shadows watching his beloved leave.
He crushes the radio that he used to call batman and walks off.

Mr.Freeze is no more.
Viktor Freeze, the man who seeks redemption for the evils he's committed in his life is born.

He'll probably just get some kind of injection that allows him to be normal in the sun but his skin will always be chalk white and he'll prefer the dark shade no direct sunlight etc etc and spends most of his time confined to his lab/prison perfecting his research for the good of humanity.
>>
>>87239420
which is fine, not everyone has to be a recurring villain
>>
>>87238559
His ending in Beyond was perfectly fine. It was his last attempt at redemption and he couldn't stand being used as a guinea pig once more.
>>
>>87239376
>After he started murdering people, no.
Frank intensified.

Murder of innocents, sure. But fuck Joker literally kills innocent people for fun and his sidekick/girlfriend gets a pass. Freeze had a noble motivation and intention, and it mirrors Batman's nicely.

Especially the version of Freeze that sticks to stealing from those that wronged him and ruined his life.
>>
He sort of gets redeemed in the games, but I like him the way he is.

His death is Batman Beyond was pretty good.
>>
>>87239376
Joker has killed more people then the bolshevicks, pol pot, and gengis combined.
>>
>>87239512
>Freeze had a noble motivation and intention

Yet he keeps killing innocent people just because they get in his way. No matter how you try to spin it, Victor is a remorseless fucking killer.

Harley only gets a pass because she's a comedic character.
>>
>>87239610

Yeah, and? Just because Joker's got a bigger body count as a serial killer doesn't somehow make Victor less of a bad guy.
>>
>>87239639
Her comic version does not get a pass.
Plus she's a chick so they can push sex and claim SHES SO DANGEROUS AND HOT RIGHT FRIENDS?!?!!!!!?

Besides, you people worship antiheroes who kill all of the time.
>>
File: 2009505-captain_cold_gun.jpg (59KB, 518x354px) Image search: [Google]
2009505-captain_cold_gun.jpg
59KB, 518x354px
>>87239296
>Fuck him, he is the worst cold based villian, seriously i dpon't get why anyone like him, cold is so much coooler

This is the correct answer.
>>
>>87239688
>Besides, you people worship antiheroes who kill all of the time.

Freeze is not an antihero. He's a selfish asshole using his wife as an excuse for murdering people when they get on his way. He's a deluded mad man who thinks his noble goal justifies the means, but it doesn't. Trading dozens of innocent lives for his wife's hypothetical cure still makes him evil, no matter how you cut it.
>>
>>87239639
Yeah, Victor is a cold blooded killer if people get in his way. But all of his crimes have a purpose, a goal. He doesn't just run around up and murdering people. He's looking to ruin the people that ruined his chance to save Nora and doomed him.

Harley does not get a pass. She spent years worshipping a serial killing clown.

>>87239743
>Freeze is not an antihero.
Correct. He's an antivillain.
>He's a selfish asshole using his wife as an excuse for murdering people when they get on his way.
It's not like he usually runs a criminal empire or anything. He's almost always singularly focused on reviving Nora, even ignoring his own condition to do so. And is trying to revive Nora really selfish? He couldn't done it had he not been betrayed.
>>
>>87239805
>He doesn't just run around up and murdering people
>He's looking to ruin the people that ruined his chance to save Nora and doomed him.

That's your own headcanon. Freeze has literally several stories that have nothing to do with curing Nora, it's all about Freeze killing people in one way or another. And before you go "t-those are just shit stories" Gotham Central is GOAT and that series starts with Victor trying to murder most of the GCPD.
>>
>>87239743
Batman trades the lives of millions of innocent people every single fucking time he protects or saves the life of the joker.

And Harley murdered hundreds of children with rigged gameboys. Yet she can be "redeemed".

Face it.
You don't like the guy.

>>87239739
Dude. Get the rogues dick out of your mouth.
They're fucking shit.
They're four tiers beneath every other 9th rate career supervillian in a spiderman comic from the 90's and not even half as powerful
>>
>>87239805
>And is trying to revive Nora really selfish?

Nothing is making him murder people to achieve that goal, yet he does it anyway. He could easily make sure people wouldn't freeze to death but he gives no fucks. And the more people he kills, the more selfish his actions become as he's saying "it doesn't matter how many people have to die as long as muh waifu is back"
>>
>>87239856
Is that it?
Are you shitting on him because the version of him in fucking Gotham Central upset you?

Fucking grow up.
>>
>>87239871
>Batman trades the lives of millions of innocent people every single fucking time he protects or saves the life of the joker.

It's not Batman's job to murder criminals. The fact that Joker is able to escape is the fault of the city that fails to keep him contained. Police do not get to just kill criminals because they've got a big kill count.
>>
>>87239896

Well how about a story where it's revealed Victor was an organ harvesting modern day Jack the Ripper serial killer BEFORE he got turned into a human Popsicle?
>>
>>87239856
Haven't read Gotham Central. What was his reasoning for trying to kill the GCPD?

That seems a bit out of character.
>>
>>87239903
>It's not Batman's job to murder criminals. The fact that Joker is able to escape is the fault of the city that fails to keep him contained. Police do not get to just kill criminals because they've got a big kill count.

Batman has not only saved the jokers life, but he's actually brought him back from the dead numerous times.
He is directly responsible for the death of every single innocent person that the joker has killed.
HE IS
>>
>>87239970

IIRC, he wanted to kill Gordon specifically, who was being honored at a police banquet, with no real bigger motivation given. The rest of the high brass GCPD were just to be collateral damage when he was going to freeze the entire ballroom full of people.
>>
just put Victor in the Suicide Squad
>>
>>87240028
>Batman has not only saved the jokers life, but he's actually brought him back from the dead numerous times.

So have doctors and EMTs. Why didn't they kill the Joker?
>>
>>87240032
That seems extremely out of character, then. Why did he want to kill Gordon?
>>
>>87238559
Shame Nu-52 fucked him up. Was my favorite Batman rogue.

Especially now that Selina is another dyke.
>>
>>87240057
Because they are afraid of the batman and harley.
And those costumed freaks always come back from the dead.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.