[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So every team needs a villain. I really felt like Ra's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 18

File: Ras_Al_Ghul_and_Ninja.jpg (175KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Ras_Al_Ghul_and_Ninja.jpg
175KB, 1200x776px
So every team needs a villain. I really felt like Ra's is more of a Batman foe, but with Damian being his grandson it totally makes sense, right?. And you know I really don’t view Ra's as a bad guy, per se... he’s more of a guy who wants to save the Earth by any means necessary; he’s like Batman, unchecked... and he's Arabic as well. So I wanted to do something that feels ancient, but regal and commanding of respect. No pirate poofy shirt... man, that is ridiculous right? I’m thinking furs, gold armor, jewels, etc. He’s like a king of his empire and should look the part. His ninja as well.

Since the League of Assassins is a blend of Arabic, Middle Eastern and Asian influences, I wanted to do a design that was reflective of that.
http://www.newsarama.com/31726-former-teen-titans-artist-reveals-concept-art-including-rejected-wonder-girl-designs.html
>>
Looks like he was drawing designs for a new Young Justice book
>>
>>87237036
I like the first Bunker uniform desu
>>
>Damian and Wally were the only two 'fixed' members.
Huh, we almost had a completely different line up.
Also bump.
>>
File: Wonder_Girl.jpg (214KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Girl.jpg
214KB, 1200x776px
>Next to Starfire, Wonder Girl in my mind is a core central character in the Teen Titans… though she didn’t make the final cut on the new team. Maybe just maybe they’ll have her show up sometime in the near future. For her design I kept thinking that Paradise Island is very much a warrior base culture so I thought doing something that calls out to that - more aggressive and has a bit of a 300 feel... and I know that Ares gave her the lasso she now has... what if she could turn it into a more aggressive offensive weapon - that her lasso can turn into any weapon of her choice.
>>
>>87238438
>I love the idea of an archer on the team and for me it harkens back to the same classic line up feeling of the original team. As a fan of the Arrow show, I like that they have a Speedy and you know it would be great to have her be related to Roy in some way... and doing my research, Young Justice was a huge influence on me, story- and design-wise. They handled Roy’s story so well that I wanted to do something that pays homage to that. Though sadly this one will probably never see that light of day, especially since the Green Arrow book has a similar character already.

>I love Miss Martian and, again, another character made great and interesting from the fine folks on the Young Justice cartoon. So I thought, well she’s one of the last of her race - and a teen at that - so she’s got to be a bit of a rebel and a survivor; so her look should represent that. I think the idea of punk rock would be something she would gravitate to, given all she’s been through and this kinda gives here a bit of an edge to her with the rocking fat mohawk look.
>>
>>87238466
Whoops.
>>
File: Starfire-Jonboy-design6-1.jpg (50KB, 791x511px) Image search: [Google]
Starfire-Jonboy-design6-1.jpg
50KB, 791x511px
>>87238485
>So I’m well aware of the whole flap about her being a bit of well…sexualized. I love the character and I want to go back to the more wholesome, motherly, but strong, and 'don’t get me angry' version of Starfire. The first order was to address yes, she’s beautiful, but you know it’s more in the way she stands and moves, not necessarily wearing less clothes and showing more skin. So looking back at the very First Teen Titans Go! cartoon - to me she’s wearing a very retro looking space suit. So I thought all my designs should have that kind of feel - it stills feels feminine, but it’s not exploitative.
>>
File: Robin-Jonboy-design8-1.jpg (37KB, 791x511px) Image search: [Google]
Robin-Jonboy-design8-1.jpg
37KB, 791x511px
>>87238502
>Totally the easiest. I’m a big Damian Wayne fan, so I really went with Patrick Gleason’s take on Robin and reworked it a little bit. Though I wanted to add more armor to him since he’s like 13 and a 100 pounds; something that covers and protects him is more practical. I did mess around with the idea of a helmet... but I guess his hood works just as well. And if you notice on his civilian clothes, Damian wears clothes that cover him pretty much head to toe and around is his neck; he’s a very guarded and abit of a closed off character and the things he would wear are reflective of how he thinks and his emotional state.
>>
>>87238519
>Another favorite - and I liked what Kenneth Rocafort did with her design in the 'New 52' - it was bold and very cool. Though I understand it strayed too far away from her core look, so I wanted to go back to her classic look. I wanted to incorporate lots of sharp feathers and edges to her costume to indicate how closed-off she was and pushes people away from her. She does this to not protect them, but to protect her. She also has the jewel in her forehead, though I chose to cover it up with her hair to indicate that she’s not quite comfortable with her past and who she is. Like she’s hiding from it a bit and from people. Her civilian look is a bit more retro 80s chic with some punk rock elements in there. I think she does find ways to express herself, so I put red streaks in her hair as a way of doing that - though do it in a very subtle way.
>>
File: Raven-Jonboy-design7-1.jpg (43KB, 791x511px) Image search: [Google]
Raven-Jonboy-design7-1.jpg
43KB, 791x511px
>>87238533
Sigh
>>
File: KId-Flash-Jonboy-design6-1.jpg (34KB, 791x511px) Image search: [Google]
KId-Flash-Jonboy-design6-1.jpg
34KB, 791x511px
>>87238548
>Ugh. I love the new Wally - though this went through tons of iterations. Why? Because Wally is key character and there’s big things planned for this guy. I did do a lot of back and forth with my editor over costume colors. I really wanted black and red, especially since I knew classic Wally was coming back and I really felt like those where classic Wally’s colors. But looking back, yellow and red are the way to go. I did want the costume to be a bit more padded, especially since new Wally doesn’t quite have the hang of his new powers just yet... but well, what can you do right? Again though, I looked a lot at the classic George Perez design and looked at the Young Justice Kid Flash designs as well.
>>
File: KId-Flash-V2.jpg (43KB, 791x511px) Image search: [Google]
KId-Flash-V2.jpg
43KB, 791x511px
>>87238569
More Wally
>>
File: Bunker.jpg (157KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Bunker.jpg
157KB, 1200x776px
>>87238615
>I like Bunker... so sue me. He’s a well-written character and he plays well of off Beast Boy. I really liked the original costume design done by my pal Brett Booth, though I didn’t like his mask. Every time I looked at it, it felt 'Iron Fist' to me. So I wanted to toy with the fact that he’s a protective-type hero, who makes all these cool brick walls and such. So I thought that more padding and a nice, cool helmet would really help him and sell just what type of hero he his. I am sad that he did not make the cut either... though hopefully he’ll show up sometime in the future of Teen Titans. If you want to see that happen - bug the writer. :)
>>
File: Aqualad.jpg (126KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Aqualad.jpg
126KB, 1200x776px
>>87238639
>Okay, hands down one of my favs, and given his appearance in DC Universe: Rebirth #1, I’m sure we’ll see him in the DCU sometime soon. To me, he’d be a great additional to the Teen Titans team, but hey what do I know, right? Again, Young Justice had a huge influence here and his initial costume design was so well done… it’s really hard to do it any other way. So I just streamlined it a bit and changed the piping here and there - he’s swimmer so there shouldn’t be a lot of baggage on him - and the Young Justice design is pretty much perfect, so don’t mess with perfection, right? I’m not sure if Aqualad will be showing up anytime soon, or if he’ll look like this if he does... but here you go.

So Jackson may or may not be the mysterious sixth member
>>
File: Beast-Boy-Jonboy-design10-2.jpg (40KB, 791x511px) Image search: [Google]
Beast-Boy-Jonboy-design10-2.jpg
40KB, 791x511px
>>87238665
>Another favorite, although it's because he was in Doom Patrol and I’m a huge Doom Patrol fan. I wanted to do a design that felt like the 'New 52' costume, as I really think it was a solid design, though I wanted to make it feel a little more like an animal-style cut and design. I played around with his classic black and purple look, but the classic Perez white and red suit reads so well on Gar’s Green skin. It was pretty much a no-brainer.
>>
File: Teen_Titans_tower.jpg (144KB, 1200x776px)
Teen_Titans_tower.jpg
144KB, 1200x776px
>>87238686
>Every team has it’s honeycomb hideout, so to speak. So this is theirs. Free from the prying eyes of other heroes and of Batman - this is a place where the team can interact and become a team. It’s reflective of Damian’s personality and I based it off brutalism architecture - lots of strong shapes and bold fat blocks. Almost militaristic - it’s meant to be a symbol that 'Hey, don’t mess with us!'
>>
File: Teen_Titans_Tower_Seth_Witte.jpg (135KB, 1200x448px) Image search: [Google]
Teen_Titans_Tower_Seth_Witte.jpg
135KB, 1200x448px
>>87238717
>Big shout-out to my pal Seth Witte for all the 3D Stuff too! He’s a beast!
>>
File: Titans-Tower-Jonboy12-1.jpg (33KB, 791x354px) Image search: [Google]
Titans-Tower-Jonboy12-1.jpg
33KB, 791x354px
>>87238745
Gonna add the last couple references.
>>
>>87238438
>>87238533
>>87238548
>>87238639

They'll never erase Scott Lobdell's shitty run on Nu52 Teen Titans, huh?

This shit will forever stain the characters moving forward.
>>
File: Jumpship-Jonboy17-1.jpg (32KB, 791x351px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpship-Jonboy17-1.jpg
32KB, 791x351px
>>87238774
Dump's over. Now discuss.

>>87238780
Maybe? I didn't read Lobdell's run.
>>
>>87238802

>Maybe? I didn't read Lobdell's run.

His Wonder Girl and Raven's designs are inspired by it and he even had the awful Bunker character from it.

I just wish DC would ignore that was ever a thing, but it seems impossible.
>>
>>87238846
>Raven
He literally said he was going for something closer to her classic look.
I haven't read enough TT to comment on Bunker and Wonder-Girl. Also keep in mind those designs didn't make it. As far as anyone knows, they aren't in the book.
>>
It seems like he's really fucking salty over not including a bunch of characters he wanted, maybe this is the creative differences he was talking about when he left?
>>
>>87238975
Nah I think that had more to do with Percy wanting another fucking Trigon story.
>>
>>87237036
Wow.
>>
Looks better than what at got. Shame that the Teen Titans are so shit now.
>>
I would suffer through Damian and Friends if Bunker was in it.
>>
>>87238846
>Bunker
>awful
Scared gay people will take women away, anon?
>>
>>87239046
You mean actually use a teen titans villain?

I mean okay not RIGHT AWAY but Trigon's one of their big bads.
>>
>>87238485
>that MM
Thank you for axing this monstrosity

Those designs are so hit or miss, either I love them (Ra's, Damian, Raven) or loathe them (MM, Cass)

>>87238846
>Bunker
>awful
bitch I'll fite you
>>
>>87238519
I read it for Damian.
I hate theTitans for 40 years...
>>
>>87238502
>>87238548
>>87238686
The Three Little Pigs ..When will they finally die.?
>>
>>87237084
Actually, I think this might confirm that YJ rebirth isn't happening and these characters maybe will join Damian's team instead in the future.
>>
>>87240777
>>87240889

Everything to do with Scott Lobdell's Teen Titans is awful. It just serve as a reminder of things that should be forgotten and never mentioned again.
>>
>>87240791
The problem was that they wanted to use Trigon right away.
>>
>>87238665
This design is too cool to waste.
>>
>>87237084
It's Teen Titans.
>>
File: next - hunted.png (809KB, 555x819px) Image search: [Google]
next - hunted.png
809KB, 555x819px
I do believe they have taken SOME liberties from Young Justice (that looks like Cheshire, no?)
>>
>>87247374
>>
>>87238485
Speedy looks good. Miss Martian just looks like a dyke.

>>87238502
Looks even sluttier than Red Hood and the Outlaws' version.

>>87238519
Typical edgy Pokemon Gym Leader. Suits him though.

>>87238548
Trashy Punk-Rock chick. Type of girl you'd see with a belt around her arm. What the fuck have they done to you, Raven?

>>87238569
About to drop a mixtape any minute now. Hol' up.

>>87238639
The gayest college professor I've ever seen.

>>87238665
Kanye West's favourite kind of fish.

>>87238438
L O N D O N
>>
>>87247304
>>87247374
Teen Titans 1 chapter is around here?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.