[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ will defend this hack HE LITERALLY WANTED SUPERMAN TO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

File: seriously wtf.jpg (63KB, 636x577px) Image search: [Google]
seriously wtf.jpg
63KB, 636x577px
>/co/ will defend this hack
HE LITERALLY WANTED SUPERMAN TO SAY "FUCK"
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT
>>
If Young Animal had existed when American Alien came out, I wonder if Landis would have wanted to publish through the imprint.
>>
>>87235959
>oh no my boy scout can't have a potty mouth

grow the fuck up, capeshit
>>
I will defend some of his ideas. His DAROS reimagining would be great for Earth One, with a bit of work.
>>
>>87235959
I kind of want Superman to say Fuck, honestly.
>>
>>87235959
It's pretty dumb that DC still has hardline rules like that. I doubt the parental advisory crowd reads comics or they would have kicked up a fuss at all the decapitations in T rated comics.
>>
Batman and Spider-Man said "oh shit" in BvS and Civil War
>>
>>87235959
/co/ didn't defend Max Landis
Most of American Alien was bashed.

It literally started with Superboy burning thugs and trolled spammed the Bruce Wayne page.
>>
>>87235959
>capeshit
>>
>>87236155
Who gives a fuck about movies. Get the hell out of here.
>>
>>87235959

I didn't realise DC didn't let Superman swear.

Batman gets to swear, why doesn't Superman?

It'll be printed as %$*~ anyway.
>>
>>87235959
Superman is a farm boy not a fuckibg morman
They swear when shit gets rough or in jest
>>
>>87235959

So? Where is it written that Superman can't curse? I'm all for the Big Blue Boyscout image, but get the fuck outta here with your puritanical approach to language. There's a lot worse in the world than naughty words.
>>
>>87236319

Batman's a bad person, Superman's one of the good boys.
>>
>>87236326

If Superman curse he'll lose his powers.

Kinda like if Wonder Woman lose her virginity she'll also lose her powers.

This is a rule. It's canon.
>>
>>87235959
it's 2016 grandpa
get with the times
>>
>>87236459
>Wonder Woman
>virginity
Casual, please. She's slept with every woman in her age group on Themyscria, and then there's always Steve Trevor, and, depending on the continuity, her other flings like Tom Tressor and Superman.
>>
File: 5ca.jpg (260KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
5ca.jpg
260KB, 570x558px
>>87236459
I feel like "fuck" wouldn't even be in Clark's vocabulary. An occasional "damn" or even "shit" muttered under his breath but I feel like he's the kind of guy to actively try and keep that stuff to a minimum.
>>
>>87235959
>/co/
>defending Landis
Nigga pls
>>
>>87236515

Sex only count when is penis in vagoo.
>>
>>87236515

Pre-Nu52 Wonder Woman never had sex.
>>
File: CvL_zVeVMAAU1qw.jpg (49KB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
CvL_zVeVMAAU1qw.jpg
49KB, 450x371px
>>87236537

>not being excited for Agent of Batman
>>
>>87236605
Oh I am looking forward to it, but don't pretend /co/ won't shit all over Landis regardless
>>
>>87235959
I'm sure that Clark had a dirty mount as a child, what could his parents do? Beat him?
>>
>>87236515

And Batman. Don't forget Forever Evil.
>>
>>87236155
Batman's old and grizzled and Spidey's a teenager, they cuss as much as they want.

Supes however can't.
>>
The idea of Superman muttering fuck under his breath is pretty funny.
>>
Supers would think "fuck" but use a minced oath instead. Superman doesn't make slip-ups. Because of how little he needs to devote to a conflict, he is equally devoted to maintaining his image. Being an icon is part of his power-list.
>>
>>87235959
Wasn't it in Morrison's JLA where some villain was like

>"Look, my plan hasn't reached fruition, but the Justice League are going through hell right now. Superman is cursing in frustration. That's gotta count for something, right?"
>>
>>87235959
Landis is very inconsistent. Some of his ideas are cool like his take on Death of Superman, but then he has awful ideas like having Hal be gored by Doomsday or that awful James Bond pitch he had and that retarded LoTR one.
>>
>>87236557
>This is what modern skanks actually believe
>>
>>87236838
>modern
Women were always dumb cunts.
>>
File: Superman cartoon.jpg (192KB, 855x628px) Image search: [Google]
Superman cartoon.jpg
192KB, 855x628px
>>87236326
Because a big part of Superman's image is being nice. Swearing ain't nice. So Superman doesn't deal in colorful language.
>>
>>87236772
Yeah, his writing has its hills and valleys, it's especially apparent in American Alien.
>>
>>87236772
His Ghostbusters 3 pitch was too pure for this world.
>Egon accidentally zapped himself to another plane of existence/died, left behind a daughter who has abandonment issues and is obsessed with finding her ghost dad
>Ray is the only main Ghostbuster left
>Winston is a multi-millionaire
>Venkman took the money and ran
>Everything goes to shit thanks to trendy social media scientists from California
>Shandor's cult infiltrated the US government
>Gozer is small potatoes, new villain is literally an inter-dimensional god being
>Walter Peck is the mayor, now totally believes the Ghostbusters after all the times they've saved NYC, works with them to rally the people to give positive vibes and save the day
>Other Ghostbusters franchises show up during the climax, it's all comedians who were inspired by the original movie (Bill Hader, Patton Oswalt, etc.)
>Ray sacrifices himself to save the universe by becoming living energy and shooting across the infinite reaches of the unknown, dies happy
>Ends with a ghost storm scattering ghosts all over the world
>Ends with them being back in business

It sounded like a 2 hour orgy of everything a Ghostbusters fan could ask for and instead we got queefs and pringles.
Fuck Sony.
>>
>>87236955

Bullshit swearing isn't nice.
>>
>>87237001
If that's what it sounds like, then it's fanfiction tier.
>>
>>87237001
>ghost dad
I'm sorry, I couldn't continue reading. I'm really sorry.
>>
>>87235959
Honestly a just learning the ropes fresh from kansas superman just seeing some giant fuck off monster and just uttering a swear under his breath is pretty good. Dunno why it seems to rile people up.
>>
>>87237041
It is, but in the best way.
Imagine every "wouldn't it be cool if" thing concerning Ghostbusters, that's basically what the pitch was.

It struck me as the same well of thought that gave us Aliens vs Predator, or having the Fantastic 4 appear in Amazing Spider-Man #1.
>>
>>87235959
Landis is a shit writer and a whiny bitch. Remember when he said he was writing the Pokémon movie and it turned out he was actually writing Pepe LePew?

HACCCK
>>
>>87237001
Yawn. This movie is supposed to be a comedy not deviant art tier fanfiction.
>>
>>87235959
Max, stop with the stealth trolling, you really ought to be past this by now.
>>
landis is absolute trash

the very first spoken word out of his F4 movie pitch was Reed saying "Shit"

edgelord faggot
>>
Wait, do people actually defend Snyder or is it just /tv/ or trolls?
>>
Did injustice superman ever swear?
>>
>>87237865
>Snyder
The only /tv/ I'm seeing here is you, faggot.
>>
>>87237837
He is literally plebbit the person.
>>
The only people that like his Superman are people that hate Batman, this has been clear since his first story
>>
>>87237865

Is's just /tv/ or trolls but that's at least half the board now
>>
>>87238023
I don't hate batman I just liked how he put an emphasis on Clark actually being a kid from Kansas I also dug that there were still some in smallville that knew since it'd be kinda hard to cover up a super child. I liked a lot of the clark growing up stuff. It was nice. Was it all perfect? No. But it wasn't some edgy wankfest like some here seem to think it was.
>>
>>87235959
Nice try Max, we know it's you who started the thread
>>
>>87235959
Still better than Zack Snyder.
>>
>>87236104
>It's pretty dumb that DC still has hardline rules like that

Nah I'm with DC on this. Superman should be for all ages. As long as they have Young Animal and Vertigo doing whatever the fuck they want I don't mind
>>
>>87238023

But I like both
>>
>>87236739
>t. someone who has never read comics before

son, most of his villains, especially ones that drain him of his powers like Metallo and Parasite, give him a run for his money. he rarely has time to think about his fucking "image" except when fighting petty criminals.

god you plebs infuriate me
>>
>>87239188
shit, meant for
>>87236750
>>
>>87238487
Comics have not been for all ages for a very long time casual. And yes that includes Superman.
>>
do other heroes swear? the only time I remember Batman swearing was in the All Star Section 8 and that doesn't really count
>>
>>87236317
People who don't have shit taste because the movies are better than the comics.
>>
File: 1318934293361.jpg (69KB, 400x577px)
1318934293361.jpg
69KB, 400x577px
Is it true that Superman's villains aren't very diverse? Besides Parasite it seems to be Evil Scientists and Evil Supermen.
>>
>>87238487
Is that what Young Animal was? I thought it was supposed to be some sort of counter culture label for teens.
>>
He wouldn't say fuck.

He'd say #@%$!

Because cape comic writers are dumb, and keep trying to write swears into books that don't allow swearing
>>
File: 1477031303921.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1477031303921.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>87235959
New-52 is so fucking edgy and "mature", why is Supes saying a naughty word so off limits?
>>
>>87239765

>New-52 is so fucking edgy and "mature"

>"I didn't read the New52"
>>
File: The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg (84KB, 496x740px) Image search: [Google]
The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg
84KB, 496x740px
>>87239807
Yeah dude nothing edgy about it
>>
What if Superman says "Duck" instead
>>
>>87239874

Yeah it's not like rape and retarded edgy gore happened before the New52

Oh wait, it did
>>
>>87239909
Or pluck
>>
Landis is the living example of what's wrong with Superman today, and also your average post crisis Superfag.
>>
>>87235959
> wanting superheroes to be as edgy as their readers

No
>>
>>87237340
>Remember when he said he was writing the Pokémon movie
He said he pitched a Pokemon movie and it was rejected because of Detective Pikachu
>>
I dream of the day where anyone, at anytime, on any channel can say fuck on any show, comic, video game, news report, or even on packages of candy.

We're getting there but the sjw movement is holding things back. Hopefully that backwards fad ends sooner rather than later and we can enter a golden age of uncensorship.

Then it's a hop, skip, and a jump to sports like "rollerball" or "death race"

one day... one day...
>>
>>87239874
Cry For Justice
>>
>>87240125
It was turned up in New-52 and everyone knows it.
>>
>>87239874
>beat a kid to death with a crowbar in front of his mother while laughing
>ok
>shoot a girl and take pictures of her to later torment his father while he is naked (and possibly raped by midgets) while you are sitting on a throne of broken baby dolls just because it would look disturbing just to prove your bad day theory
>ok
>plan to kill kids on new year for no reason at all
>ok
>get your face cut and decide to use it prove a stupid theory

woah, slow down there! this is too edgy for me. I was ok with implied rape and child abuse but this is too much
>>
>>87236319
Cussing is Superman's secret weakness. If he says a cuss, he will implode. Every true DC fan knows this.
>>
>>87239589
Nah, he has a decent amount that don't fit that bill.

>Metallo
>Livewire
>Atomic Skull (the not scientist one)
>Mongul
>Doomsday
>Mr. Mxyljdhdjsksihdnccnfhrurucncnjridjdjdjdplix
>Darkseid
>>
>>87240469
>Darkseid
>Superman villain
>>
>>87235959
DC universe is pure. Thats why no one masturbates.
>>
>>87239589
Early Superman villains were ones like Titano, Mr Mxyzptlk, Metallo, Luthor, mafia and random Phantom zone criminals.
>>
>>87240551
Someone hasn't read the Coming of Superman :^)
>>
>>87240551

Well, yeah. He is the enemy of the DC Universe but while all the other heroes are nameless bugs to him he goes out of his way to humiliate Superman if he can
>>
>>87240705
Byrne pls go back to your shitty forum.
>>
>>87235959

Superman saying "fuck" isn't an inherently terrible idea, but Landis' intent is retarded
>>
>>87235990
>cursing is fine!

You first, child.
>>
File: awesome.jpg (177KB, 554x424px) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
177KB, 554x424px
>>87236155
>>87236676

Spider-man shouldn't swear. Not because it's bad but because he's the one famous for quipping and swearing is just lazy
>>
>>87240779

I'm not wrong though
>>
I liked when he was punching Zod in MoS and kept calling him a fucker for threatening his mom
>>
>>87240266

'Edgy', when used as a pejorative, doesn't mean 'dark', it means 'trying, visibly, to be upsetting for no purpose beyond trying to be upsetting but only in such a way as to appeal to people who like 'evil stuff'.' Edgy things are rarely grim or anything, they're generally just absurd. It's usually more about the execution, as well.

For example, a small-time criminal with track marks is, perhaps, edgy without being 'edgy'. A small time criminal who growls something about how being a junkie has turned him into a monster and how the noble protagonist is just a pawn of the MAN, that's probably 'edgy'.

Not, to be fair, that I'm disagreeing with you. Just providing a more complete picture.
>>
>>87236081
It'd make a damn good reaction image.
>>
>>87241377

Oh, also, it is KEY to 'edgy' that it take itself seriously. The Joker straddles this line with worrying shakiness. When he's done correctly, he comes across as a genuine lunatic who just, sincerely, does not give one single fuck and wants to ruin every god damn thing there is. When done poorly he comes across as a 12 year old who thinks -<{[RAVENSxTEARS]}>- is a good handle.
>>
Superman stubs his toe on a fountian and says Fuck

Mama Kent and Papa Kent comes crashing through wall of mall with kryptonite paddles to give him the ass whoopin of his life.
>>
>>87235959
>Using a single curse word
>NOT MUH SUPERMAN!

What is this, the 1950s? You know, using the words hell and damn were considered curse words too.
>>
>>87236049
>I will defend some of his ideas. His DAROS reimagining would be great for Earth One, with a bit of work.

His DAROS pitch might be the coolest Superman pitch I've ever heard in concept, but it kind of shits the bed toward the end. I seem to recall he maims Zod or something which forces him to either die or crawl back into the Phantom Zone.

If he'd co-written it with Pak like they were planning, it could've easily been the best Superman story of New 52.
>>
>>87236081
Fuck! Yeah, that's right Batman. I've been saying "fuck". Going in the Fortress of Solitude and trying it out.
>>
>>87236326

Shit man, ten years back DC didn't even allow Superman drink a Bud light in a cover with Pa. Had to alter it to be soda pop as to not offend anyone. Supermanfags are autistis as fuck about what Superman can and can't do.

I wonder if that applies to dumb shit like what kind of toilet paper Clark uses.
>Superman only uses BABY WIPES!
>>
>>87235990

People are communicating it poorly, or have a different opinion, but in my mind, the poit of Superman not swearing has never been that swearing is bad or not something a boy scout would do or whatever, it's that 'fuck' is both crass and lazy. Superman is neither of these things. It's not an inherently good or bad quality, it's just the way he is. He doesn't avoid swearing as some kind of public image, it's just not really a part of his vocabulary because he just doesn't talk like that. The whole point of the character is that he is sincerely a wholesome person, that it's not an act or a show or an image, that's really just how he is.

He's not an everyman; this is the key element Snyder missed, I think. Superman genuinely just is a wholesome, understated, kind, compassionate person. It's not some kind of ideal he strives for (even if it's hard to always be like that), and maybe it's not realistic, but neither of those have ever been the point for me.
>>
>>87241571
My favorite part is Doomsday spiking the Batwing into the ground, and Dick crying out "DAD!" in horror as it crashes to the ground.
>>
>>87241695
>it's that 'fuck' is both crass and lazy

So fucking what? Saying fuck in a situation like that is entirely human thing to do. Just because you don't usually curse doesn't mean you're incapable of letting it slip in certain situations.
>>
>>87241766
but Superman isn't human
he is just an alien pretending to be human
>>
>>87241700
My favorite part was Bruce teaching Clark martial arts while he recovered from the Doomsday fight on the Kent farm in Smallville.
>>
>>87236049
Doe someone have a text version of his pitch? I don't want to watch a video for 40 minutes.
>>
>>87241766

Right, but the whole idea of Superman is that he isn't quite human. One of the things that a particular kind of Superman fan wants is for him to be just about perfect. Not totally perfect, but almost. It would be more in-character for him to, in the rare instances where an expletive would be appropriate for someone like Superman, be speechless than to say 'fuck'.
>>
>People get full-autistic over Superman saying the word 'fuck' and have to come up with convoluted head cannon for why he would never, ever say something that would make him a potty mouth

This has to be a new low, even for /co/.

What's next, Superman doesn't ever poop because that's too crass?
>>
>>87242022
being a superman fan is more like a religion than anything lese
>>
Superfags should be banned from this board. So darn obnoxious and whiny. They can't shut the hell up about red underwear and their boyscout character. They desperately want him to be relevant.
>>
>>87240853

>cursing is bad

Fuck off kid.
>>
Wait, people defend Max Landis?

He wasn't even funny on RLM.
>>
>>87242555
he made a comic where he trashes the Joker and Batman and then another comic where he trashes Batman so of course Superman fans defend him
>>
>>87241571
It just needs someone to fix some of the bad parts and the stuff that won't work anymore, like Zod, now that he's dead, and change all the Lex stuff accordingly.
Make volume 5 or 6 the start of a Justice League Earth One.
>>
>>87240894
spiderman curses all the time in his head though he's said damn fuck shit and even nigger when miles was actin up
>>
>>87235959
a hero
>>
>>87242022
I have, in fact, seen people say Superman doesn't poop with alarming frequency. It usually goes down the lines of either "since he can survive entirely on yellow sunlight and doesn't NEED to eat, he never does" even though that's provably untrue, or "his digestive system is super and produces no waste", which is usually an excuse people who are really fucking married to the stupid "man of steel, woman of kleenex" concept will come up with as an excuse when you ask "if he can't control his muscles at all times, how come his apartment bathroom isn't smashed every time he uses it?"

I consider myself a big Superman fan, and seeing people who I'm supposed to have a common interest with think and speak this way is really sad for me.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.