[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /co/, semi casual here, I'd like to get into Batgirl,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Sup /co/, semi casual here, I'd like to get into Batgirl, where should I start?
Not a grill btw, so I'm worried the newer stuff will be a little too "young adult" (pic related) for me
>>
The pussy would probably work
>>
>>87230560
The 2000 book with Cassandra Cain Batgirl is good until the last ten or so issues

The 2009 book with Stephanie Brown Batgirl is good

Barbara is better as Oracle in Dixon and Simone's Birds of Prey
Batgirl Year One and The Bat and The Cat are the only good Barbara as Batgirl stories
>>
I think the Gail Simone run on Batgirl is great but everyone else on this board seems to disagree, I say give it a shot and see what you think. The 2000s Cassandra Cain series is also pretty good.
>>
>>87230629
>>87230663

Thank you
>>
Start with The Killing Joke (not a good comic) and then John Ostrander's Suicide Squad (a really good comic) to get the best Barbara Gordon experience.
>>
The pre-Rebirth Burnside Batgirl you have in pic is pretty "young adult" but pretty solidly entertaining. There really isn't any sort of cringe moments, if that's what you're worrying about. Both Rebirth Batgirl and Batgirl and the Birds of Prey are solidly entertaining as well and less "young adult", leaning toward a fairly moderate tone street level book. I like both.
>>
>>87230784
>Start with The Killing Joke
Already read this. Didn't it was anything special

>John Ostrander's Suicide Squad
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not necessarily interested in Babs/Oracle stuff
>>
>>87230814
I was mostly worried about too much romantic shit and not enough superhero shenanigans. I don't mind cutesy art or a lighter tone but I'm not a tween girl either
>>
>>87230784
>The Killing Joke

She's literally only in if for a single page.
>>
>>87230973
>Didn't it was anything special
I already said it was "not a good comic". Since we have similar tastes, you should trust me.

>>87231111
It sets up Suicide Squad.
>>
>>87231059
There's no real romantic material in Burnside Batgirl. There's a few pages of romantic stuff with Luke Fox in one issue and then a wedding issue for her friend where she's talking to Dick. If I remember right, that's it for an 18 issue run.
>>
>>87231219

Well you convinced me, Burnside Batgirl it is then. Thanks
>>
>>87231253
Hope you like it. It's definitely lighter and more young adult leaning than the Rebirth series since Burnside is supposed to be this kind of affluent hipster suburb of Gotham, but if you're okay with that then it's an entertaining series. DCYou Black Canary is it's sister/spinoff series.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.