[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they ever review an animated movie? They've even done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: halfinthebag.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
halfinthebag.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Will they ever review an animated movie? They've even done rom-coms and shit like Flyin' Ryan, but seem to refuse to talk about movies like Zootopia because "they don't know much about animation".

But how exactly is something like Big Hero 6 really all that different from Amazing Spiderman? They're both Marvel superhero stories in a cartoony "loose physics" world.

I mean fuck. It's been five years and they've talked about three Adam Sandler movies but not one animated. Even Titan AE or something, c'mon guys.
>>
>>87224230
Huh, I never noticed they dodged animated movies

Very interesting...and highly suspicious
>>
They know cartoon nerds are more vicious.
>>
>>87224230
A lot of people don't take animation seriously and see it as kids' stuff, and I'm assuming they are no exception.
>>
File: 1476053498964.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1476053498964.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>87224230
"If it's animated, it doesn't matter."
-Mike Stoklasa
>>
they know cartoons work on a different esoteric level than film

>lighting has to be good
>acting has to be good
>animation has to be good

the only thing they have to talk about then is the plot which doesn't garner that much discussion.
>>
just watch pan
>>
>>87224230
They talked about an animated movie in the Cannon Christmas BotW. They don't watch animated movies so why would they review one?
>>
>>87225425
>"if it's not white, it doesn't matter"

-Mike "pull the trigger on every nigger" Stoklasa
>>
>>87224230
>"they don't know much about animation".
There's plenty of movies they know nothing about.

Hell. Every comic adaptation they talk about, there's at least two or three misguided or misinformed opinions they manifest.
>>
RLM sucks
>>
>>87226129

Whatever you say, Lucas.
>>
>>87226129
This
>>
File: 1475451012586.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
1475451012586.png
313KB, 701x394px
>My only problem with The Force Awakens was the lack of gay interracial sex.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87226129
Doug pls
>>
>>87225364
>>87224230
>>87225425
They're film nerds, not animation nerds. Two different mediums.
>>
>It's a Jay gets triggered by Batman punching Harley Quinn episode.

She was trying to stab him, what do you want him to do you numale faggot?
>>
>>87226129
eh. I still watch Best or the Worst and it's variants every now and again, but their humor gets old to me after awhile.
>>
They seem to be more knowledgeable in film and so probably wouldn't be able to confidently review animation.
>>
>>87226229
Animators and animation directors still consider themselves filmmakers.

Thinking that they're completely separate and don't share similar languages would be pretty insulting to them.
>>
>>87226341
They can't confidently review comic book movies either but that doesn't stop them from doing the entire DC and Marvel line-up and then some.
>>
>>87226499
Don't worry, they bring in their comic book """"""""""expert""""""""""
>>
>>87225425
"All comic book movies are schlock."
I honestly don't know how in their heads they think person with super powers is any different than guy with the force and laser sword is. Unless Mike also said the original trilogy is schlock?
>>
File: 870.jpg (36KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
870.jpg
36KB, 450x375px
>>87226363
>Animators and animation directors still consider themselves filmmakers.
But they aren't. They are movie makers. They are factually different mediums. Films, as the name implies, are "filmed' using real cameras and actors and such. Animations are made by a team of animators using whatever technique they animate in. You can say "herp derp close enough", but many of the techniques and processes are totally different. And if you really want to deconstruct a movie and examine it, you really need to know a bit about the techniques.
>>
>>87227131
Sure but RLM has already reviewed movies they don't understand shit about. And many more movies they don't even care for. Even if you don't understand how animation is done, you can still review many elements of it. Lighting plays a big role, the story, the world building, character arcs, duo dynamics, framing of a shot, action scenes, they can still laugh at the comedy scenes, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
The processes are different but the final result is still "a movie". Pixar isn't making some avant garde hard-to-understand experimental indie animated film, their shit is as easy to analyze as like a Spielberg movie.

Like, how much more different would it be for them to review something like The Incredibles vs Guardians of the Galaxy? Hell, they're probably not against doing a review for the Jungle Book even though it's 99% CG, but if it ever reaches 100% CG, they'll take it off the list.

I can still talk about what I do and don't like about apples and bananas even if I don't know how to grow an apple but am aware of how to grow a banana because a lot of knowledge does translate over, even if it's not 100%.
>>
>>87227131
Many artists who work on animated features talk about studying film for their own work. If film people can't talk about animation because they don't understand it, then animation people shouldn't even bother studying film because "they're two different mediums" and stick only to studying animation. Which isn't the case.
>>
>>87226921
Mike always says that the original Star Wars was a schlock sci-fi movie that was saved by the editors
>>
>>87225425
To be fair, when he said that he was talking about the Oscars. I think Jay was talking about Charlie Kaufman's Anomolisa being nominated with Inside Out
>>
>>87224230
People like these pompous fucks?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.