[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't usually care about "media representation"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: BlondHahaNo.jpg (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BlondHahaNo.jpg
108KB, 800x600px
I don't usually care about "media representation" or anything, but what do the DC cinematic guys have against blond dudes?

I mean shit, they even made Aquaman black haired and he was the only really blond on the league in the first place.
>>
>>87213123
And Flash has black hair now, too.

How is it "more diverse" to have nothing but dark haired actors?
>>
>>87213123
>>87213322

Barry Allen is also blond haired.

They made two American blonds into a Polynesian and the other is a Gay Jew.
>>
>>87213322
Blonde is an ugly color for male hair and everyone knows that.
>>
>>87213123

But I see some blonde streaks in that picture you posted pal
>>
>>87214065
Yes, blond streaks. He's not fucking Namor. They didn't get his scalemail shirt right, they could have at least gotten his hair and eye colour right.
>>
>>87214122

>muh eye colour
>>
>>87214165
>why should superheroes look anything like their comic version XD
>>
>>87214187

Superheroes don't end up looking like their comic version 99% of the time. Ben Affleck does not have blue eyes, Tony Stark isn't 6 feet tall. Deal with it.
>>
File: jimmycallingyouaretard.jpg (36KB, 172x339px) Image search: [Google]
jimmycallingyouaretard.jpg
36KB, 172x339px
>>87213123
It's not just blonde dudes, gingers, too.
>>
>>87214244
Okay, let's say that. You're probably all for diversity, aren't you? Then how come all the actors have the same hair/eye colour, eh?

>>87214308
Bit more lee way with Flash because muh multiple versions, but both versions of Aquaman have been blond dudes.
>>
>>87214308
Gingers have it even worse, it seems like most of them are being turned into Black folks (The West Family, Jimmy Olsen, and now Miss Martian), the only exception I can think of is Roy Harper and even he had Brown Hair on Arrow
>>
>>87214351
Both versions of Barry Allen aren't blonde, and the only version of Wally we've seen yet is black, don't know what you're talking about. All the Flashes hair are messed up.
>>
>>87214351
>You're probably all for diversity, aren't you?

Uh oh I can already see where this is going.
>>
>Aquaman looks nothing like the comic
>Mera is still a redheaded white woman
>all the cucks that defended the Aquaman change

Hilarious
>>
>>87214406
No, I mean the various Flashes have different hair/eye colour if memory serves. I recall Wally being ginger, for one.

But there's only ever been two Aquamen and they've both been blond guys. Fuck it's even a plot point.

>>87214423
Do you? Because I love using /co/umblr's arguments against them.
>>
>>87213123
>caring this much about men's hairstyles
Can /co/ get anymore retarded?
>>
>>87214456
Barry is blond. Wally is Ginger. Neither TV nor movie Barry is blond, and TV Wally isn't Ginger.
>>
File: more jobs than a jamaican.png (118KB, 398x283px) Image search: [Google]
more jobs than a jamaican.png
118KB, 398x283px
>>87214456

>Predictably starts talking about tumblr out of nowhere
>>
>>87213123
DCEU's aquaman looks like grungy fucker who lives in the ocean. your hair wouldn't stay blond for long in that soup of salt, fish shit and piss. for flash its a shame they used barry cause who they cast would make a better wally. I think ollie and canary will be the token aryans down the line.
>>
>>87213123
Blondes can't be dark brooding loners with dead parents, the ultimate hero type.
>>
>>87214486
I also recall Barry being a vocally right wing superhero. I can only imagine that got dropped aswell.

>>87214455
I love Momoa and all, but he'd make a much better Oceanlord then Aquaman. He looks nothing like him.

And if he isn't blond then that means they'll probably not be doing the "cursed blond hair" plotline.
>>
>>87213994
you subhuman trash.
>>
It seems to me that they had a very specific idea about what their version of Aquaman was going to be, and it was something that was specifically for Jason Momoa. They wanted an rough looking, intimidating warrior... I mean, basically they wanted Conan the Barbarian and Khal Drogo. So with that goal in mind, he was never going to be blond, since he was only ever going to be Momoa or someone just like him.

I don't know about Flash though, I guess they just didn't give a shit about his hair. They cast Ezra Miller for whatever reason, and he just wouldn't look natural with dyed hair, so dying it isn't really a good option anyway.
>>
File: 1432095212101.jpg (23KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1432095212101.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
>>87214569
Say that to my face, fucker, and see what happens.
>>
>>87213123
If you're that autistic about blond dudes just watch the MCU or something. If you're looking for ginger dudes though you're completely out of luck.
>>
>>87214595
They want 90s Aquaman, the only thing missing is the hook
>>
File: fox-blondes-11111111111.jpg (168KB, 894x1176px) Image search: [Google]
fox-blondes-11111111111.jpg
168KB, 894x1176px
Will no one think of the poor oppressed blonde people? So under-represented in today's media, they're like a dying breed!
>>
File: AquaMANLY.jpg (122KB, 897x628px) Image search: [Google]
AquaMANLY.jpg
122KB, 897x628px
>>87214595
>They wanted an rough looking, intimidating warrior
But Aquaman has been that before. Remember the 90's Aquaman that lost his hand? Or the Sword of Aquaman series that had him be underwater high fantasy Conan? I mean shit, Momoa's costume is almost exactly 90's Aquaman minus the hook. Take a look.

It's not like being a badass warrior means you can't be blond. Look at the fucking vikings.
>>
Because Jesus H. Christ.
>>
>>87214716
>including bottle blondes
>>
>>87214716
I never got this victim complex. Blondes are already considered to be some of the most attractive people on Earth, no matter where you go. No one's going to give you shit for being blonde.

Somewhat related, you sometimes see/hear people talk about how there's so diversity with white people and hair color, which I guess is kind of technically true, but who the fuck cares? Who is assaulting white people and their hair colors?

Meanwhile, these same people sweep genetic diversity in blacks under the rug. It's asinine.
>>
Blonde hair on men is the second gayest thing next to flips. I can see why DC would not want to portray their heroes as blondes.
>>
>>87213123
I don't care for his DCEU appearance in general

The guy playing him looks fine but the costume and long hair/beard are so hit and miss in so many ways
>>
File: 1418850575674.jpg (18KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1418850575674.jpg
18KB, 180x200px
>>87213123

its less about PC and more about finally moving away from the image of the lame, pretty boy, aquaman, who talks to fish. Of course they could've made him blond and badass but this seems like the easier way.
>>
>>87213322
>>87213977
>>87213994

Grant has brown hair, and he's not gay.

Deal with it.

When Trump loses, you can go to Boise and form your own paramilitary group and try to succeed from the union.
>>
>>87213123
There's an unwritten rule in modern comics/cartoons that states only female characters can have blond hair.

Want a proof? Whenever a male character has to crossdress he puts on a blonde wig, no matter what his actual hair color is.
>>
>>87217708
Go back to tumblr please.
>>
>>87217708

They're talking about the other guy, friendo. Who thinks of himself as Bi-"doesnt want a label" and is jewish.

See Perks Of A wallflower/Lets talk about kevin etc.

Gustin is surprisingly straight and has a banging girlfriend who coincidentally looks like booty spivot.
>>
>>87213123
DCEU: hates blonds
DCTV: hates redheads
>>
File: sad-cap1.jpg (22KB, 450x232px) Image search: [Google]
sad-cap1.jpg
22KB, 450x232px
>>87213994
Fuck you.
>>
>>87214455
>>Aquaman looks nothing like the comic
>>Mera is still a redheaded white woman
>>all the cucks that defended the Aquaman change
>Hilarious

I wonder why some characters they change oand some others they just remain the same. Irus is a black woman but mera just keep the same. If it was jessica chastain or bryce dallas I could understand, but it is amber heard (beautiful but just ok actress)
>>
>>87216663
>Blonde hair on men is the second gayest thing next to flips. I can see why DC would not want to portray their heroes as blondes.

I can't believe I read this. so you are attracted to blond guys?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.