[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadpool director quits sequel over 'creative differences'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: K0drFWS.gif (174KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
K0drFWS.gif
174KB, 427x240px
>https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/24/deadpool-director-quits-sequel-ryan-reynolds-tim-miller-creative-differences

Well, time to give up hope. It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>87212226
> implying it was the director who did most of the good shit on deadpool and not reynolds himself

deadpool was reynold's passion project first and foremost, I'm not giving up hope yet
>>
>>87212226
No need to panic yet. But I could see FOX getting their grubby mitts on it to "make it better" and fucking everything up. The first did well partly because they left it the hell alone due to lack of faith. Unrelated note, but are they doing anything with Fantastic Four?
>>
>>87212375
If anything from various news articles I've read, they're not putting their hands in on this shit, they're actually siding with Ryan Reynold's decisions since he made the first movie basically.
Think this is the first time I've heard of execs/higher ups not being such total shits, even more surprising that it's FOX.
>>
>>87212461
>>87212375
Tom Rothman is not at Fox anymore, so we're safe.
>>
>>87212375
Simon Kinberg expressed interest in making a sequel to Fant4stic, but later the same day Michael B. Jordan was confirmed to be in Black Panther.

I wouldn't count on anything for the time being.
>>
>>87212226
>Well, time to give up hope. It was fun while it lasted.
What's wrong with you? Ryan and the passionate screenwriters are still there and they were the magic behind the first movie. Anybody could direct this honestly if you stay true to their passion.
>>
>>87213470
>Michael B. Jordan in Black Panther

After being part of Trank's abomination he shouldn't be allowed within a mile of a superhero movie set
>>
>>87212226
I blame Disney.
>>
>>87216175
That wasn't his fault. He's a good actor.
>>
>>87216175

I don't like Jordan at all but this wouldn't be the first time the MCU sniped a previous Johnny Storm and turned them into a different hero.
>>
>>87212226
I think maybe it's better this way
>>
>>87212461
Tim Miller wanted the worst fucking actor for Cable. Ryan Renolds is literally saving this movie from someone who wanted Kyle Chandler as Cable.

THIS GUY AS CABLE.
>>
>>87216310
Johnny Storm's an Marvel magnet
>>
>>87216390
Yeah, I didn't get this choice, either. Far better choices out there.
>>
>>87216390
eh...

>>87212226
i hope he doesn't become rdj 2.0.
>>
>>87216390
Or should be john cena no joke
>>
>>87216390
yeah this awful as far as the look of cable.
>>
>>87216534
Eh, I can kinda see that
>>
>>87212226
He was an Overpaid Tool anyways
>>
>>87216390
^This.

I'm surprised to say this, but I think Reynolds and Fox are siding with the fans on this one. It's Lang or Perlman or Knightley or bust.
>>
>>87216534
One of the articles I read said that Liam Neeson was on the list.

I could kinda see him being Cable, a little bit.
>>
>>87216390

Ok... so is this guy really good friends with Miller? Or did he marry his daughter or something? No way he is someone you look at and say yourself, now thats someone who looks like Cable.
>>
>>87212226
good
i seriously doubt he contributed anything decent into the movie, probably wanted to inject his own awful ideas
>>
>>87216390
whoa whoa whoa. I understand not wanting him as cable, but calling my man early edition the worst fucking actor is uncalled for.
>>
>>87216662
Ewww how?
>>
>>87216636
I'm hoping for Perlman
>>
>>87216753
Rhea?
>>
>>87216710
He means he's a bad choice for Cable, not a bad actor.
>>
>>87216390
I'd take Kyle Chandler who's actually a good actor, over Stephen the dull manlet Lang. But I wouldn't want Chandler in the role.
>>
>>87213470
I wonder if B. Jordan ate his words after
>Fan4stic will be a good movie, just watch you haters
>>
File: dolph.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
dolph.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
>>87216390
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Why the fuck isn't that Dolph Lundgrene?
>>
>>87212375
You'll get a new F4 movie in like 2 years when their contract requires it. They'll keep making bad movies just to keep the characters
>>
>>87212226
From what I remember, the director at the time would've made the sequel like wolverine origins.
>>
>>87216390

He is a better actor than the old men that usually get floated for as choices for cable, he is neither as short, or ugly, or as bad an actor as all the other popular choices. He is also a better actor than RR, so I would argue RR either doesn't have right timing with him comedically, worried about being outshone (unlikely since he often works with better actors) or something else that hasn't made it into trades.

Until we see who is going to play cable..I can't say how good or bad this decision is yet. Though this is still a deadpool movie first and foremost.. pulling for knightley
>>
>>87219775
Yeah, either Dolf or Arnold Schwarzenegger[/sploiler] or Michael Biehn

That'll be nice
>>
>>87212226
Meh. Finally saw this movie a few weeks ago. Not sure what all the hype was about. It was standard superhero origin trash that was really proud of itself for swearing and making potty jokes.
>>
>>87216175

How in the world do these two things relate at all?
>>
>>87212226
It was thanks to Miller if Deadpool could have some 3d effects. It's a pity that they broke but I do not think this will change the quality of the second movie.
>>
File: stephen-Lang-as-Cable.jpg (220KB, 965x571px) Image search: [Google]
stephen-Lang-as-Cable.jpg
220KB, 965x571px
Shame he's probably too old for it now.
>>
File: 1398546556688.png (218KB, 900x488px) Image search: [Google]
1398546556688.png
218KB, 900x488px
>>87212226
>caring about directors.
those fuckers grow on trees, specially in hollywood, they can get a better one since the movie was a hit.
>>
>>87216310
>Killmonger
>hero
>>
>>87216753

not to be racist or anything but Perlman kind of looks like a monkey, Lang looks just like Cable
>>
>>87212226
This was the only good movie this director did, and it wasn't due to him at all. Besides, he's a visual effects guy by trade, not a director.
>>
>>87221692
I still want him for Cable. He put out a twitter pic when Deadpool came out and still looks the part, just not as bulky anymore but he could beef up again
>>
>>87216710
>early edition

That show was fucking awesome.
First primetime show I ever got invested in.

Its been like 12 years since I saw an episode in syndication. Does it hold up at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTfvwqz3AU
>>
>>87216390
Considering Kyle Chandler is a great actor and Cable is supposed to be Deadpool's straightman, I'd be okay with this.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.