[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>miscarriage scene >in a kids movie How is this any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

>miscarriage scene
>in a kids movie

How is this any different than LOSS?
>>
Well executed buildup lead the audience to really care about what happened to these people.

From what i understand LOSS was a last minute out-of-nowhere asspull to try and shock the readers.
>>
>miscarriage

The doc is just telling her she's infertile. There's no implication of a miscarriage.
>>
>>87194594
Adults maybe, but I doubt there was a single child that understood what was going on in that scene.
>>
>>87194594
Loss was apart of a storyline, the fact that it happened in a video game comic and that Buckley felt the need to include his personal life into it just makes it funnier
>>
>>87194655
Wait, so him and his girl actually had a miscarriage?
>>
>>87194671
That's the punchline
>>
>>87194671
Yes, back in college
>>
I honestly don't remember anything else that happened in this movie after the house took off, besides talking dog, big bird, and a soda cap works as a boy scout badge.
>>
>>87194575
Why didn't they adopt?
>>
>>87194777
this. why the fuck am I supposed to feel bad for those white privileged heteros?

also how the fuck is this scene sadder than the beginning of Finding Nemo?
>>
>>87194886
I don't think you'd want someone else's kid. Also telling the kid you're just a replacement for a dead child is kinda cold.
>>
>>87194575
The movie didn't spend 90 minutes leading up to it. It was just a footnote near the beginning of the movie to set up the old man's character.
>>
>>87194575
1) The movie didn't spend 5+ years before this part being a lolrandumb buddy gamer comic with little to no continuity only to drop heavy handed drama out of fucking nowhere and then kind of just sweep it under the rug.

2) All the other obvious fucking reasons.

6/10, got me to reply. Not bad at all.
>>
>>87195005
Not to mention the aftermath in up was pretty sad as well.
Wasn't the closure for that Loss arc Buckley sadly handling a small baby-sized controller, and it was played out seriously?
>>
>>87194601
Why would they be setting up a baby's room if they weren't expecting a baby?
>>
>>87194575
Up earned it.
CAD didn't.
>>
>>87194913
well not being able to have kids is fucking normal
were they really too good to adopt a little brown baby? Did they want to save the white race?
>>
>>87195150
That's racist. I'm just saying like, having someone with the same blood as you is very different.
Even if they adopted a white kid it still wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>87194886
Wouldn't really have been able to tell the same story if the two of them just went and adopted a kid 4 minutes into the movie, now would they?

Also some women take a miscarriage a lot harder than others, obviously it's traumatic and painful as fuck for anyone, but a lot of people believe in the concept of an immortal soul and think of a miscarriage as an actual death of a child instead of just the failure of a seed to take root. Ellie was a dreamer, it's a safe bet that a diagnosis of miscarriage and probable infertility were enough to scare her off from trying again.
>>
>>87195150
>This guy doesn't understand how hard it is to adopt
Adopting a kid can cost as high as $50k. I know in cartoons characters can just magically adopt on the same day of meeting the kid, but in this world, despite there being a talking dog, if they present the actual reality where it would take a couple of years and several thousands of dollars to adopt, then it's not really an option for them. And that's not even taking into consideration the requirements parents must meet to be eligible, which I'm sure Carl and Ellie were anyway.

If the story wanted to have Carl and Ellie just adopt and have cartoon solution as to them being able to afford it, they could do that. But if Pixar wanted to have the excuse they couldn't do it because in reality, it's just not an option for a modest income family, then that also works. And in this case, the latter totally works as a way to fill the "Why didn't they just do ____!" complaint.
>>
>>87195089
>a baby's room

That's an obstetrician/gynecologist's office, dipshit.
>>
File: virgin otaku.png (59KB, 146x329px) Image search: [Google]
virgin otaku.png
59KB, 146x329px
>>87195838
In the movie they set up a room for the baby, dipshit.
WTFM
>>
>>87196025
they were getting ready. they probably 'tried' like 50 times before deciding to ask a professional if they were doing something wrong.
>>
>>87194648
A child can comprehend that she can't have babies. It's not a difficult concept
>>
>>87196125
You don't set up a fucking baby room unless you're having a baby.
>>
>>87196913
They were fucking trying to have a baby retard, they were building the room ahead of time.
>>
>>87196960
You're obviously not a parent. I set up my kids room when I knew he was on the way. Do you set up a kids room when you start having sex without a condom on?
>>
File: 288.png (3MB, 500x5212px) Image search: [Google]
288.png
3MB, 500x5212px
>>87194575
>>
>>87194575
Its not an unfunny overused meme from 2007
>>
File: IMG_1769.jpg (68KB, 386x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1769.jpg
68KB, 386x563px
>>87195150
>were they really too good to adopt a little brown baby?
>>
>>87196999
>I don't like to react until I am given definite answers, therefore everyone else in the world must have my train of thought!

Some people jump the gun, some people want confirmation before preparation, some people don't prepare at all. They obviously could have been the type to jump the gun.

By your own logic, the possibility of a miscarriage could still be reason enough to not set up a baby room, you should only do it when the baby is physically in your hands, otherwise, you're preparing too early.
>>
>>87196999
Setting up the baby's room was visual storytelling for "they're trying to have a baby" because you can't show them fucking in a kids' movie.

Nobody cares if this mundane detail is mildly unrealistic.
>>
>>87194671
>Wait, so him and his girl actually had a miscarriage?

It wasn't his current girl, it was a previous relationship that wasn't going well anyways.
>>
I'm glad you now think about loss every time there's a miscarriage anon

now buckly will be forever a part of you
>>
>>87194575
1) Its actually a realistic and emotional scene. Compare to B^U where its horribly out of place and rushed, and captures no emotion for the audiance to feel.
2) Fuckley is an asshole who steals money, lies about copy/paste art, got art and designs off google, and sent dickpics to an underage girl. So we would mock him regardless.
>>
Imagine being the woman who's lack-of-child was turned into a comic and then a meme that branched out into several memes. Imagine carrying that burden. and then miscarrying it.
>>
File: -1 life.jpg (155KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
-1 life.jpg
155KB, 625x790px
>>87195046
For sale:
Baby controller. Never played with.
>>
>>87197031
No, I'm laughing at the miscarriage, much in the same way I would laugh at a comic depicting a clown miscarriage.
>>
>>87198287
>that stinger
You disgust me. bravo good sir :^)
>>
File: That baby woulda died.png (226KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
That baby woulda died.png
226KB, 853x480px
>>87198432
>baby sized controller
>assumed he would spend his time playing video games with a newborn

You know, somehow I feel that a miscarriage was actually the least worst option here.
>>
File: a loss for words.jpg (209KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
a loss for words.jpg
209KB, 625x790px
>>87198821
But he's so broken up about it. You can tell by the joke mixed in with the arc.
>>
>>87195150
Nobody wants a brown baby.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.