[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think if comic companies put out well animated epic commercials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Batman with prep time.jpg (139KB, 640x727px) Image search: [Google]
Batman with prep time.jpg
139KB, 640x727px
Do you think if comic companies put out well animated epic commercials to air on TV and youtube for upcoming comic arcs, do you think it would draw readers in? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>87194017
This animated or with real actors would have been amazing.
>>
>Pay for something
>Still get ads
Why do Americans accept this?
>>
>>87194029
I could see it working, they could also get some big Youtubers to start shilling like Crunchy Roll does. And the commercials can end with telling the viewer to visit comixology if their interested, or a website which locates nearest comic shops. If done well enough, I think there could be a significant spike in readership.
>>
>>87194017
On the topic of the picture, I love DC even more now for the trolling they did there.
Anyway, that could actually work really well provided they didn't fuck the campaign up some how like targeting the wrong demographics or making the commercials shit.
Another factor is Amazone needs to fix it's stupid comic monopoly app so you don't have to pay a fucking subscription for a goddamned catalog.
Amazon is the reason I pirate comics, they refused to let me give them money and there's not really any other source of mainstream digital comics.
>>
>>87194048
>Not liking commercials.

Sure, they're shit for physical things I don't give a shit about. But when they're for upcoming movies or games then I'm completely down for them.
>>
>>87194048
Euro magazines have no ads?
They must be shitfucking expensive.
>>
Books get trailers on TV involving real actors, so why shouldn't comics?
>>
>>87194085
>Anyway, that could actually work really well provided they didn't fuck the campaign up some how like targeting the wrong demographics or making the commercials shit.

This. If they waste their commercials one something like Miles or Kamala then they've already fucked up. Put the recognizable characters on the forefront since those are the ones people care about. Then when they get in you can use the main characters to promote the smaller books with small crossovers.
>>
>>87194067
Fuck comixology
>Hurr pay money to buy stuff from us
Die in a rape pit, Amazon.com
>>
>>87194048
there are ads everywhere dum dum. they're not and american thing.
>>
>>87194135
What are you referring to? Did comixology start charging people for using their app or something? I haven't used the site in a long time since I'm short financially. Torrenting till I see better times.
>>
>>87194168
It was one of the first things I downloaded when I got my tablet, I'm a stubborn fucking dinosaur so it was my first smart device. I was so psyched to acctually be able to support comics I like beyond just being a fan and then it aksed me straigt up for a subscription fee.
Maybe amazon just hates Canada but yeah still waiting for readcomic to fucking update for me.
>>
>>87194209
This was less then a year ago, for reference.
>>
>>87194048
I pretty much pirate ALL my media, so no ads for me :^)
>>
DC did so with the new 52 when it started and sometimes with the movies. Didn't seem like it amounted much to anything.
>>
>>87194111
Because people care about books. No one but a handful of people give a fuck about comics. They give a fuck about movies based on comics, TV shows based on comics, games based on comics, but not comics.
>>
>>87194017
>>87194067
We live in a day and age where you can sell anything to anyone, so long as you get the right people enjoying your product. Comic companies just have to learn how to play the game, best part is they don't have to piss people off for views these days!
>>
>>87194304
New 52 would have been pointless, an event like that should be able to sell itself, regardless of how much worse it got before it got better.
Doing it with Rebirth would have been a good idea because it wasn't a full assed reboot but a retcon of all the terribad things the reboot did and it didn't get as much media attention.
>>
>>87194309
>What is nerd culture.

Despite how cancerous it is, it could be played to a benefit. Of course, they'd have to rework the way things work for added motivation. I'd say making some sort of deal concerning the comics. Every three you buy you get one free? Or maybe some kind of similar e-point system.
>>
>>87194335
>New 52 would have been pointless, an event like that should be able to sell itself, regardless of how much worse it got before it got better.
Never get into advertising.
>>
>>87194304
New 52 is too complex for normal people, especially people just coming into the medium. The only way something like this could work is in solo series. For instance, a well animated/live action commercial about Batman: Monster Men would sell a hell of a lot more than one with the same effort put into a Civil War II one.
>>
>>87194361
Are you OP?
Is OP marketing grunt for one of the big 2?
I guess we'll find out if we see ads for comics on youtube within a year..
>>
File: 1471462978174.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1471462978174.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>87194382
>Too complex for normal people
>Nu52
...thats actually pretty good bait
>>
>>87194017
The important question is which DC Universe does this event take place in?
>>
>>87194403
OP here, that ain't me. Though I wouldn't object to one of the big two using my ideas. That would be pretty bad ass actually.
>>
>>87194428
The common man is an idiot anon. Something as trivial as a reboot is a simple concept for people like us, but for normies they get confused fast. Just try explaining Rebirth to someone who doesn't read comics, then explain it to someone who reads comics.
>>
File: 1470772635838.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470772635838.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>87194472
It's a reboot, you literally don't have to explain anything. That's the whole point of a reboot.
>>
>>87194482
A selective reboot, where specific aspects are canon and other aspects are not, specifically in the case of Batman. Like I said before, the common man is an idiot.
>>
>>87194472
Only the ones who try to get the full scope.
Most people can just read a story standalone and be done with it.
>>
>>87194472
Guy who posted the bait picture here.
You're right, I try explaining how white wally and black wally are two different characters because white wally fixed nu52 by literally breaking out of recon hell I usually get interrupted with a head skhake and somethig along the lines of "that's too much, man, what the fuck are you talking about?"
>>
>>87194096
Floppies don't contain adds every other pages in Europe (in France at least). Like maybe a page or two at the end for other comics.
Of course magazines contain adds, but not floppies.
>>
>>87194162
Not in floppies here.
And adding a lot of adds is an american thing. If there was 4 commercial breaks in an episode of a serie, I would never watch any on tv.
>>
>>87194775
I love how you guys call them floppies.
>>
>>87194803
Yeah but in europe some of your commercials are series. At least denmark, from what my friend over there has described their TV it's like every day is sunday programming. Egh.
>>
>>87194506
>the common man is an idiot.
The common man is uninformed.
And the simple concept you're talking about is specifc to US comics (Marvel and DC mostly).
>>
>>87194858
>some of your commercials are series
Never heard of that. You know any example?
>>
>>87194707
Exactly my point. Now say DC did a commercial that was animated by the dude who did TAS of a Superman arc. Keep it very self contained, only characters who show up are the ones who are related to the Superman lore. Once you get people following the run, some time latter you can introduce both Wallys for a crossover. OG Wally can simply comment "he's my cousin, we're both named after our grandfather." and leave it at that. It introduces them to the characters and if the reader enjoys the personality they can follow that series.
>>
>>87194810
hujyoppies
>>
>>87194901
Just one example my friend described that he was following. The episodes took an entire block and sounded like a mystery drama, I don't think it actually had to do with the prooduct either, jist kinda like a miniseries composed of five minute shorts produced by a some kind of food brand.
>>
>>87194901
I know years ago they did it with some cereal brands like Fruit Loops whenever they did a promotional thing. Recently I think they've done it with the Goldfish crackers.
>>
>>87194775
"Floppies" in France are usually 80 pages with several floppies in one.
For example lets say that here "Batman" would contain Batman, Detective Comics and Mayne Nightwing.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.