[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will her character ever advance beyond the squad leader/fusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: garnetheard.png (156KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
garnetheard.png
156KB, 500x484px
Will her character ever advance beyond the squad leader/fusion guru archetype?
>>
File: log-date.png (152KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
log-date.png
152KB, 500x280px
>>87191652
Hopefully not. She's the best "stoic leader" character in a while
>>
>>87191652
She already has. She never asked for the leader position, and it does weigh on her heavily at times. Her future vision is as much of a burden as it is a blessing, as well. If you're asking for stuff as heavy as what Pearl and Amethyst got, probably not, but thanks to Ruby and Sapphire we still get stuff like that out of her. There's a reason they like being Garnet so much. Several reasons, really.
>>
she doesnt really need to change much, since she did most of that in her backstory

what she does do is provide stability, her flaws are a lot more downplayed in comparison to to the others, so that she can believably provide guidance and counsel
>>
>>87191652
Probably not, Garnet is a character composed of two very different people who are also very much in love. It gives her a sense of balance and fulfillment that the other characters don't have which is why she doesn't get as much emotional drama as Pearl or Amethyst and loses out on a lot of the subtleties that drama provides. Really if something bad enough happened for Garnet to get major character development it would probably just result in her unfusing.

I feel like more war time flashbacks are the best chance Garnet has to display any other character traits.
>>
>>87191685
>There's a reason they like being Garnet so much. Several reasons, really.
Why though? It seems like a burden at times
>>
>>87191652
There's a different between "silent, emotioneless character" and "this VA can't emote worth a damn"
>>
>>87191652
Sure, eventually her VA will be too busy or ask for more money, and she'll be demoted to temporary fusion, if not killed off outright.
>>
>>87191652
NOPE
her character is basically gone, any personality that she had prior to the introduction of ruby and sapphire was ditched and now she is just a vehicle for ruby and sapphire.
Also apparently Estelle is expensive for some reason (I can't understand why her music is awful I can't imagine there is much demand for her).
So just shut up and enjoy ren and stimpy lesbian edition with special guest star:Garnet from now on.
>>
File: 1426557479522.gif (64KB, 113x144px) Image search: [Google]
1426557479522.gif
64KB, 113x144px
>>87191652
>Will her character ever advance beyond the squad leader/fusion guru archetype?
She's going to be the last Crystal Gem that Steven helps.

Remember, the show is from Steven's perspective. The other two are like his peers now but Garnet has always been THE authority figure.

You're not going to see Garnet be anything else until Steven grows up a little more and is ready to help with any baggage she might have. But for now, Steven's still a little young, so she's still going to be Best Mom.
>>
>>87191652
No, Sucrose projects herself & her relationship with Ian JQ on Garnet too much.

Really though, out of the Crystal Gems Garnet seems to care about the Earth the least. She never fought for Earth, she just fought for lgbt rights.
>>
>>87191652

Implying there's anywhere higher for Garnet to go
>>
>>87191652
I wish she would take the squad leader role back. Nowadays, she can't be on screen for more than 3 seconds without someone saying the word fusion. Which is super weird because the entire first season no one mentioned she was a fusion.
>>
>>87191685
>>87191727
>>87193103
These people get it.
>>
>>87192713
I wouldn't say Pearl was his peer, she was an authority as well but also obviously so much more flawed than Garnet.
>>
>>87193527
She USED to be, and sometimes she still is, but episodes like Secret Team and Last One Out of Beach City shows times when Steven can easily be on an equal level with her, while Garnet is ALWAYS unambiguously the adult in their dynamic.
>>
File: 1476846577378.jpg (15KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1476846577378.jpg
15KB, 479x479px
>yfw homeworld introduces weapons that block gems from fusing
>yfw ruby and saphire slowly go insane
>>
>>87191652
>>
>>87191652
It would be most logical
Dramatically
If Sapphire dies
>>
>>87191799
They seem to be in a very happy, stable, and healthy relationship. I'd imagine that it's easier to deal with shit when you're with your partner than if you were by yourself.
>>
>>87196313
Nah. Ruby dies.
>>
>>87196374
The reason I say sapphire will is because of her power
Without future vision
The shows stakes are raised
>>
>>87196402
The reason I say Ruby is because with her gone, we'd probably get an episode where each of the members of the YD Ruby Squad would try to console (maybe court) Sapphire.
>>
We still have the whole "Rose knew about the cluster" issue to hammer out. She's got some inner conflict that's on hold.
>>
>>87196490
Lol
That would be something
The only other reason for sapphire i think about is a design thing
Like, we have a new blue one
And with ruby we will keep a read square haired one
But either way we get a sort of simultaneous death and loss of a loved one
>>
>>87191652
Didn't she already became two childish lesbians in eternal sex? Sounds like a change for me
>>
>>87196647
That's part of her fusion guru shtick.
>>
>>87191652
>fusion guru
more like creepy sex fanatic.
>>
File: Are You Serious.jpg (66KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Are You Serious.jpg
66KB, 400x226px
>Altering perfection
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.