[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Transformers: Armada? I remember few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: transformers-armada-2[1].jpg (240KB, 550x777px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-armada-2[1].jpg
240KB, 550x777px
What does /co/ think of Transformers: Armada? I remember few details about the show but I really liked it and I remember my dad saying it had better writing than other toy commercial shows.
>>
I thought it was a big step down from Beast Wars, but I probably would have thought the same of any dubbed anime replacing a show I liked. Also I still watched most of it.
>>
It was anime so...really doesn't deserve it's own thread here, but I suppose it can't harm so I'll give me opinion that it was shit, it was not only a step down from the Beast Era but also a step down from G1, the show was probably about on par with the previous (also anime) show RID in terms of kiddy anime cheapness and clicheness, but while that show had a unique and really cool toyline that was it's saving grace....Armada had jack shit to save it, other than a handful of people nostalgic for it's version of Starscream who was less of a joke than previous incarnations, I don't see anything redeeming about it

>>87191194
Well, RID was another dubbed anime that came before it, and there was also Beast Machines after Beast Wars
>>
It wasn't a good series, but compared to Beast Machines before and Energon after. It's not too terrible.

What it's got going against it are the animation, pacing, dub and toyline.
>>
>>87191259
I was out of the country for most of the year RiD was airing, and I hated Beast Machines.
>>
>>87191167
Game was good. But when it came out a Transformers game that was even half decent was unheard of at the time.

Regardless of the fact they somehow found a way to make Transformers even more toyetic than it already ways, I thought the Minicon idea was neat.
>>
>>87191259
>I don't see anything redeeming about it

The best I can say for it is that it was better than Energon and Cybertron.
>>
>>87191360
Not the toyline, though!
>>
>>87191290
RID (the show) was truly strange....it wasn't good, it was certainly bad, but I guess there is even some value in how purely bizarre it was
>>
>>87191167
I liked it. It was better than G1. The first half wasn't good, but it gets good after Blur appears.
>>
>>87191167
The comics were actually better, if the atrocity that is energon didn't existed it'd have been the weakest link of the unicron saga, jetfire and starscream were cool in it tho, but maybe i'm biased on jet because he's my favourite autobot
>>
>>87191544
RiD at least benefited from a better dub - in some respects. The score & sound FX were generic & annoying as hell, but the voice acting was good, and they did their damnedest to give characters personality via their voice, although there were so many damn Spychangers I think all but Ironhide & Mirage were interchangable. There was also a sense of humor to the show, both in its original Japanese and in the dub. Armada/Micron Legend was a largely humorless show, except for when the kids would start laughing at nothing in particular, and the dub quality was NOTORIOUSLY bad.

Like, I know I just sound like an oldfag, but I was 12 when Armada premiered. I was in EXACTLY the right age to be hype for a Transformers anime, and it was just so obviously, objectively inferior to everything else on the block - even the toy-hocking shows like Zoids and Gundam. It aired with unfinished animation for christ's sake! Half the time they'd call characters by the wrong name - in both the sense of "we forgot to translate the Japanese name" and "we referred to Character X as Character Y".

Not to mention THIS FUCKER
>>
>>87195933
Shit, forgot my image.
>>
>>87191372
Well yeah, not the toyline.
>>
File: tumblr_n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg (104KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg
104KB, 500x489px
>megatron turns into Galvatron three times
Can someone give me an explanation for this?
>>
>>87191167
The Japanese continuities look like a mess in general. Though i've never gotten to watch the headmasters cartoon or Victory so I might be wrong.
>>
>>87195933

>Scene where Jetfire and Optimus reveal they can link
>Next shows Optimus in Super mode flying instead
>Overload is referred to as Ultra Magnus twice, while Optimus calls Jetfire Jet Convoy at points
>>
>>87198100
Here's how it went in the original Japanese:
1st time (Armada): Megatron gains a super mode.
2nd time (Energon): Megatron gets reborn as Galvatron, then later Galvatron gets a super mode.
3rd time (Cybetron): Cybertron isn't really connected to the previous two series, no matter what Hasbro says (and even though Takara changed its mind about this later on). So this Megatron is a different character, who later gets an upgrade as "Master Megatron".

Here's what happened inthe dub:
1st time (Armada): Megatron gets a super mode, changes his name to Galvatron.
2nd time (Energon): Galvatron is brought back to life with a new body, changes his name back to Megatron. Then when he receives his new super mode, he changes his name back again to Galvatron.
3rd time (Cybertron): With no explanation given, Galvatron (who is somehow supposed to be the same character as in the previous two series) changes his name back to Megatron, aftew supposedly gaining an upgrade via "The Armor of Unicron", which only seems to exist in the American scripts and toy bios. Then when he gets a further upgrade, he changes his name back YET AGAIN into Galvatron..
>>
>>87191167
Started off shit, became okay before the end.
Energon was irredeemably shit throughout.
Cybertron was a remarkable improvement that was actually really fun when not on Velocinamek.

Objective power level is Beast Wars > Rescue Bots > Animated > [power gap] > Prime > Beast Machines > Robots in Disguise 2001 = Robots in Disguise 2015 = Cybertron > [power gap] > movies > Generation 1 > Armada > [infinite power gap] > Combiner Wars > Energon
>>
>>87200664
kek
>>
File: CybertronArmadaKids.jpg (122KB, 702x477px) Image search: [Google]
CybertronArmadaKids.jpg
122KB, 702x477px
>>87200664
>3rd time (Cybetron): Cybertron isn't really connected to the previous two series

Don't believe anon's fanfic, e're'buddy.
>>
>>87201008
>Combiner Wars > Energon
Hell no.
Combiner Wars is objectively the worst TF animated series to date.
>>
>>87202212
>Combiner Wars is objectively the worst TF animated series to date.

Combiner Wars isn't even a "real" Transformers series, at least not one to be compared to actual television shows like Energon and Beast Machines.

Combiner Wars is more on par with... er, Cyber Missions.

>https://youtu.be/7gLM4zqV274

Yeah. Remember that shit? Of course you don't.
>>
>>87202337
I had no idea this even existed. Dear God.
>>
>>87202512
>I had no idea this even existed. Dear God.

>http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cyber_Missions

>According to TG Studios' Cyber Missions trailer page on Vimeo, they were approached by Hasbro in 2009 to produce a thirteen-episode animated series within a time frame of eleven months from the onset. Shortly after completion of the models and the beginning of production on the first three episodes, circumstances occurred which required the final masters for the complete series to be submitted to Hasbro within three months.

They're like a train wreck to watch; it's a miracle they were even finished.
>>
>>87202337
>>87202674

Cyber Missions and Combiner Wars still aren't the most half-assed of Hasbro's Transformers webseries.

That honor goes to the Transformers Universe cartoon.

>https://youtu.be/-7OtRPB2TTc

Oh wow.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.