[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You can't read in a dream >I read in my dream last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 13

File: dsghhh.jpg (6KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
dsghhh.jpg
6KB, 259x195px
>You can't read in a dream
>I read in my dream last night

explain this
>>
The "things you believed because of cartoons" thread was yesterday.
>>
>>87183820

You're a mutant, Harry.
>>
I actually read a note that said "this is a dream"

2spooky4me
>>
>>87183995
Are you sure you're not trying to have a lucid dream? That's one of the ways of achieving it.
>>
>>87183820
I just had another 'back in high school despite being my current age of 'been out of high school for almost 20 years'' dream just last night, myself.

There was a fair amount of reading in said dream, to be sure.

BRUCE TIMM LIED TO ME.
>>
>>87183820

I've been able to read in dreams but only if the "plot" required it. I mainly tell if I'm dreaming by the lighting (dark skies but brightly lit ground, etc.), smells (lack thereof mainly) and if I'm watching myself from the third person.
>>
>Had a dream last night about being on a spaceship
>The captain whips out his "big black beautiful cock"

I'm a dream cuck
>>
It's not that you can't read in dreams, it's that you don't form readable text. How you read in dreams is akin to walking up to a poorly-textured book in a video game, pressing A, then automatically knowing what it's supposed to say.

This only applies to words that take effort to think of. Things like CAT might still appear clearly.
>>
When you read in a dream your mind is making up the perception of what you read as you are reading it. Try this in a dream: read something, look away, read it again. It will change.
>>
>>87183820
Apparently you can't look at a clock in a dream for a long period of time without figuring out something is off according to lucid dreamers. Also, if you look in a mirror for a long period of time the dream will turn into a nightmare since your mind can't truly make out what you look like.
>>
I can read in dreams, but the text is never consistent. More often than not, I read something, turn away, look at it again, and it has completely different text.

Or sometimes I really struggle to read something simple.
>>
>You're dreaming right now....
>>
>>87184263
The last one often works for me. I always thought it weird that my brain places the "camera" there. More than anything you'd think my mind would be most used to operating from a first-person view.
>>
I don't think I've ever had a normal dream, they've always been lucid and the earliest dream I can remember was when I was 4, well I guess it was a nightmare, but still.

I've had no problem reading, looking in mirrors, or whatever.
>>
>>87184335

>How you read in dreams is akin to walking up to a poorly-textured book in a video game, pressing A, then automatically knowing what it's supposed to say.

What if I told you that's how you read in real life too?
>>
>>87184423
What if I told you that you don't actually see in three dimensions and instead see in two dimensions?
>>
>>87184393

>More than anything you'd think my mind would be most used to operating from a first-person view.

It mostly operates from the third person because rather than memories being video footage of what you really went through, they're more like after the fact rationalizations that are strung together to try to make a plausible story of what "must have been" based on a few key facts. This gets more obvious when you look at patients with strokes / brain damage who will casually tell you things like their own arm doesn't belong to them.
>>
>>87183820

You can't read something you don't know in a dream

You can read something you do, though
>>
>>87184556
What?
>>
>>87184556
I know words, so I guess I can read anything in a dream.

Checkmate Mad Hatter

Bruce Wayne: 1
Mad Hatter: 0
>>
File: 1476572800656.jpg (31KB, 316x340px) Image search: [Google]
1476572800656.jpg
31KB, 316x340px
>>87184638
I've got something for you to read right here, Batman!

u r a faget
>>
it is almost as if science is a changing thing, evolving every day, and cartoons from 1987 should not be considered objective sources
>>
File: 1443335763928.jpg (86KB, 800x266px) Image search: [Google]
1443335763928.jpg
86KB, 800x266px
>>
>>87184715

>1987

?
>>
File: ERAHRAHRHAGHAG.jpg (32KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
ERAHRAHRHAGHAG.jpg
32KB, 768x433px
>>87184691
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT WHHHHHHY
>>
>>87184131
>tfw I find out I'm lucid dreaming
>immediately try to molest/fuck the nearest qt
>wake up
Everytime, shit never works for me. As soon as I'm aware I'm out of it
>>
>>87184773
Don't, sometimes lucid dreaming can be incredibly jarring with things like that.
>>
>>87183820

That's bullshit, you can pretty much do anything in a dream.
>>
>>87184385
fucker
>>
>>87184773

>wake up

That's because you wake up if you get overstimulated. A lot of people wake up just from the excitement of realizing they're about to lucid dream.
>>
>>87184822
Except getting laid, because you have nothing to compare it to nerd.
>>
>>87184366
>Also, if you look in a mirror for a long period of time the dream will turn into a nightmare since your mind can't truly make out what you look like.
This is actually spooking me.
>>
>>87183820
I figured it was a trick Batman came up with. He may have done something like hypnosis to alter his dreaming state to make it impossible for him to understand written words in his dreams. That way he would always know when he was dreaming. Y'know, just in case.
>>
>>87183820
When the episode was written, that was the scientific theory. Twenty or so years later, it's not.
>>
File: 1467406833993.jpg (54KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1467406833993.jpg
54KB, 350x350px
>finally have a lucid dream
>immediately realize I feel just like the steak guy from The Matrix
It's shit.
>>
>>87184133

I've had so many damn dreams about being back in Highschool/Middleschool that sometimes I get anxious when I wake up and think "Oh god I forgot my new class schedule!", and every damn dream the classes I'm supposed to be in are all classes I hate. God damn it I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>>87184263
>and if I'm watching myself from the third person.

I never pick up on this because not only are most of my dreams in third person but I see almost all my memories in third person. I don't really know why.
>>
>>87184927

>I figured it was a trick Batman came up with.

Liar. You never figured that if you watched the episode. Bruce explicitly states it's a biological issue of how the brain works, not anything specific to himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKf2fEwN9xs

>That's because reading's a function of the right side of the brain, while dreams come from the left side. It's impossible to read something in a dream.
>>
>>87184531
Often times I get dreams I refer to as "Deja vue dreams" because of how I relive the dream later on in the future. I get a sense of deja vue and I recall the dream which is when it usually ends.

One unique dream came when I was on my way to my new home back when I was 7. I had never seen the place before, but I had dreamed of a flyby from one neighbor's house to the inside of my garage where we were unpacking the Uhaul van.

There's also the chance I knew the name of my unborn sister (whose gender was still unkown) the same way and probably influenced her being named that.

I just wish it worked with Power Ball numbers.
>>
>>87185068
This concept you're talking about is alien to me because I can't even imagine seeing the back of my own head.
>>
>>87184993
I remember dreaming about missing all of these boxing classes that I didn't know I signed up for and got a fat "F." As soon as I woke up, I just started questioning my memories.
>>
>>87185090

All of that can be explained by you not actually having the information you think you did ahead of time but instead just getting the false impression that you did after the fact.
>>
>>87184773
>>tfw I find out I'm lucid dreaming
>>immediately try to molest/fuck the nearest qt
>It's not a dream
>>
>>87184873

I gotta admit I've actually had a lot of dream sex, I think it might be a problem. Like I should stop isolating myself and try to get into a relationship.
>>
>tfw have nightmare about fighting zombies
>find out I can perma-kill them by slicing their heads off with a katana
>have dream again sometime
>remember the perma-kill thing
>oh cool, this should be easy
>dream's changed so there's no katana to be found
>uselessly hit zombies on the head with a shovel until I think to myself "this is getting ridiculous"
>wake up
>>
Anyone else have dreans where they die and respawn over and over again
>>
>>87185137
You've never seen the back of your head? Like not even during a haircut?

You could be going bald back there and not even realize it. I know I am...
>>
File: fuck_reading.gif (2MB, 349x230px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_reading.gif
2MB, 349x230px
>>87183820

>couldn't even post the gif
>>
>>87185404
I wake up whenever I die in a dream
There was actually a long period of my life where I had nothing but nightmares where'd I always die in the end
>>
>>87185404

I had a dream where someone tried slitting my throat but it didn't work and just showed a porcelain version of my head falling and breaking every time.
>>
>>87185202
Ah, but there is research that suggests that the brain has access to the quantum realm. I did recall one of my deja vue dreams after I woke (which is extremely rare) about being in a computer lab and using a computer in a very specific spot with an equally unique view from the windows: I was four stories up in a city building. I was raised in the suburbs and never was in a sky scraper or in a huge city previously.

A couple years later, I was attending my first semester at college in downtown Minneapolis and I recalled the dream moments before I experienced it. It was like a 1 second delay between memory and life.
>>
>>87185404
I once had a dream that I died, and the rest of the dream was pitch black until I woke up
>>
>>87184773
I did that once and it worked, but woke up with a mess to clean up.
>>
>>87185614

>Ah, but there is research that suggests that the brain has access to the quantum realm.

No, pls take your quantum flapdoodle back to /x/ where it belongs.

>We find that the decoherence timescales ( ∼ 10 −13 − 10 −20 seconds) are typically much shorter than the relevant dynamical timescales ( ∼ 10 − 3 − 10 − 1 seconds), both for regular neuron firing and for kink-like polarization excitations in microtubules. This conclusion disagrees with suggestions by Penrose and others that the brain acts as a quantum computer, and that quantum coherence is related to consciousness in a fundamental way.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/9907009v2.pdf
>>
>>87183820
Why would you read in a dream anyway

What kind of lackluster dreams are these people having?
>>
When I lucid dream, I just roam around for a while. Then I think "I should be having sex, since I'm lucid dreaming" and try to hurry to come up with a hot scenario before the dream ends. Then it's very rushed and I don't actually experience it.
>>
>>87185404
I've had dreams where I die but every time it happens I go to some kind of afterlife. It's never a traditional Heaven or Hell afterlife though, and it's always different.
>>
>>87183820
I tried to learn how to dream.

Then I developed sleep paralysis trying. I'm afraid to try because I experienced some freaky shit.
>>
>>87185802
How to lucid dream, I mean.
>>
>>87185614

I used to have dreams that I would refer to as 'future glimpses' because the dream would happen but I wouldn't completely remember until the exact moment where what happened in the dream was happening in real life. It was nothing important though, just small stuff (that lasts at most a couple minutes) like talking to someone, riding the bus, accidentally slamming my hand into a wall, stuff like that.

Used to be common when I was younger, almost never happens anymore now.
>>
>>87185614
>Ah, but there is research that suggests that the brain has access to the quantum realm.

If you say "quantum" it doesn't make your bullshit scientific. Also your story sounds like a load of crap, so you had a dream you were in a tall building in a computer lab in front of a window three years before doing that? The brain is a chronic fabulist, who will rewrite a memory based on suggestion. You saw something that was like your dream (whose details you likely didn't remember specifically) and you brain fills in the details of your memory with the thing you're seeing now. It's one of the reasons eyewitness testimony is often unreliable.
>>
>>87185856
Isn't that deja vu?
>>
Everyone's brain works differently, that episode was incorrect in implying it was all the fucking time to everyone. We use both sides of outr brains while dreaming.
>>
>>87185912

Shit, maybe?
I dunno it was weird.
>>
>>87185856
>Used to be common when I was younger, almost never happens anymore now.

That's because you're more suggestible when you're a kid. I convinced myself I saw a ghost as a kid, even drew a picture of it with features and everything, but it was really just a curtain in a dark room.
>>
>>87185986
It happens to me too. I usually just chalk it up to deja vu.
>>
>>87184773
Ditto.

Also,
>realize im dreaming
>try to fly, run fast, going metahuman basically
>nothing works

Why the fuck is so hard to run in a dream?. Anything faster than walk and my limbs now weigh a ton.
Fucking dreams.
>>
>>87183820
I had a dream the other night, about how we only get one life. Woke me up right after two, stayed awake and stared at (you), so I wouldn't lose my mind.
>>
>>87183820

I had understood that it's not that you can't read when you're in a dream, but that words and symbols change after you read them.

I have no recollection of ever reading in a dream, though. I've never noticed it before, honestly I didn't know about that theory.
>>
i've had lucid dreams before, but I tend to forget that it isn't real after a little while.
>>
>Have dream
>Meet up with girl in city street
>We run around together, giggling and having fun
>We hide from police and we are laying ontop of each other.
>We come close to kiss
>Wake up
>Find myself on mattress of dingy apartment with a fat italian man infront of me. He kicks my foot
>"Cmon, get out of here."
>I get kicked out of the room, and a fat hooker follows him into the room I slept in, and they close the door on me.
>I stand there in disbelief
>"Are you fucking kidding me?!"
>Wake up again, this time it's real
>"Are you fucking kidding me?!"
>>
I've had a dream about a really great discussion on 4chan which is extremely sad, but there was a lot of reading.
>>
>>87184773

I once had a dream about an event we were organizing with friends. But it was 3 months before the event. It kept bugging me all the time during the dream, even though everybody was busy as fuck and I hadn't done my part.

Finally, I realized it had to be a dream, because this event was due in 3 months! It wasn't even the right season in the dream. I told that to my friends, but they didn't pay attention. So, to prove my point, I grabbed a random girl's tits (not sure what was my logic there, probably I just wanted to touch boobs, but I guess I expected an abnormal reaction from her).

I didn't wake up. She stared at me, very pissed. Random people started to chase me and I had to run away.

I ran for a while, then the dream changed to something else. Still, random people would look at me with angry eyes during the rest of the dream, and I would get nervous as fuck.
>>
>>87186455
Just get your own fucking job already, Luigi.
>>
who /imlate/ here?. Most of the time i know im late but keep traveling in the wrong direction because reasons
>>
>>87185560
>>87185592
>>87185628
>>87185756
like most of my dreams I am running from someone/something and then they catch and kill me and right before I do time reverses and I go back to the last "save point" and then I try to figure out how not to get killed
>>
>>87186731
Anon, I hate to break this to you, but you're actually watching yourselves in the multiverse

Someday you're gonna be running from something, and it ain't gonna be in a dream
>>
File: 1473521961560.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1473521961560.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
>yfw you look in a mirror during a lucid dream
>>
>>87186587
>/imlate/

?
>>
>>87186773
ah but I know what to so now.
>>
>>87184773
>find out I'm lucid dreaming
>Try to fuck the qt in front of me
>suddenly I'm doing push ups in the bathroom
>decide to keep doing push ups since I'm already doing them
I am not a clever man
>>
File: H3W3yEA.jpg (183KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
H3W3yEA.jpg
183KB, 900x582px
Pic related is the absolute fucking worst.

I've had dreams like this with:
>Raven
>Peridot
>Toph
>Misty

I didn't even have crushes on those characters until those fucking dreams. God fucking dammit.
>>
Yes, you can read in dreams, the thing is that what you read won't stay still, if you look away and then back the letters will change. I had a dream where I tried to search something on a computer and I was able to read fine, but when I tired to type the keyboard kept changing layouts and the text on screen stopped making sense too. I can read things in dreams, the problem is that they become gibberish if you either look away and back or if you try to read something long like a book or webpage.
>>
File: screenshot shitting dreams.png (48KB, 633x268px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot shitting dreams.png
48KB, 633x268px
>>87185628
Similar thing for me, 99% percent of the time I wake up after dying but that happens because of becoming too excited and waking up from adrenaline. The time I died but remained calm because I was lucid I was in pitch blackness, so in order to get back in the dream I imagined a projector behind me playing a film to light up the darkness, then I entered the film and became first person in a new dream.
>>
>>87184603
Have you read the Bible anon? Or tomorrow newspaper? No? Then you don't know what is written in there, therefore you can't read it.

However, if you were to dream you're browsing 4chan, you could re-read some thread from yesterday, or something closely related to it. But you couldn't read a thread about Hillary losing the elections, or the storytime for injustice 2, because you don't know that.

In other words, you can remember and read texts you already know, but can't create new.
>>
>>87187124
I don't think I've ever had that with cartoons, but I've definitely been through what Ronnie has there. Stupid brains are jerks, making us feel shit for people we've made up. When you wake up, you still feel the emotion from the dream, but you realize that person doesn't exist and it's like they just fucking died in front of your eyes.
>>
>>87187507
Are your trying to tell me that your dreams are 100% nonfiction? You've never created something new for a dream?

I haven't read tomorrow's newspaper, but I can sure as hell dream up tomorrow's headline of "Giant Fart Is Your Father's Disappointment".

I can't predict the future, but I can make shit up in a dream without a problem.
>>
Does anyone have the screencap of the one guy who had those prophetic dreams and talked to angels?
>>
>>87183820
When you dream, you don't use every part of your brain in the dream process, it cycles through them. if you can read in your dreams, you probably can't do something else.
>>
If I recall correctly, the reason you can't read in dreams is because the words are always changing. If you read a sentence, then go back and try to reread it, it says something different.

At least, that's what happens to me.
>>
>>87187608
The point is you can make up shit on your dreams, but there's also a part of your brain that knows when you're making shit up. If you read a Bible on a dream, and try to look for the part when Jesus fucked anally the Virgin Mary, that part of your brain will be aware something is off, despite all the 4chan memes. Similarly, you can dream you're doing a test, but you can't read the actual answers if you haven't studied the matter.
>>
>>87184993

I don't have dreams where I'm back at school per se, but I do quite often dream about how I'm supposedly both working full-time on a nine to five office job as well as going to school during those same hours. And it's always the same, I figure out that logistically that's impossible and get super stressed over how I am either failing classes due to poor attendance or I am about to get fired from work due to being so much absent without notice, before I finally wake up. And then it still usually takes me about minute before I realize it was all a dream and I've been out of school for a goddamn decade.
>>
I had a dream that I was taking a calculus test but when I looked at the test, I told myself that I was too lazy to make up calculus problems in my sleep so I woke up
>>
>>87188224

>I told myself that I was too lazy to make up calculus problems in my sleep so I woke up

I wish my subconscious was that bad at tricking me.
>>
>>87184773

This, almost everytime I figure out that I'm dreaming I wake up. The only chance I have to not wake up is to just roll with it and play along with the dream and even then much of the time I still wake up.
>>
>>87184992
I had a lucid dream once.

I could feel the lips on my dick.

It was either a lucid dream or my sister decided to experiment.
>>
>>87186776
What happens when you look in a mirror?
>>
>>87187880
That's straight up nonsense. You can believe completely made-up things within the context of a dream. You can read answers to test questions that you don't actually know outside the context of the dream, but as long as you're in the dream you can read whatever random words you cobbled together as the "answer" and accept it as the truth. They just won't actually be real answers.

It sounds like you're talking about lucid dreams or something, where you're aware that you're dreaming and that things don't make sense. Not all dreams are like that. Most of the time, something ridiculous or random will happen in a dream and you'll just accept it and move on. Your brain isn't just going draw the line on crazy shit when it comes to reading "facts". What, you can dream that you're riding a dragon into a stamp, and your brain is fine with all that, but the moment you try to read a section of the bible that doesn't really exist, your brain says "wait a minute! you can't read something that doesn't actually exist!". Because breaking the laws of physics in a dream is totally fine with your brain, but creating some words in a book is just too far.
>>
>>87187608
Side note, every face in your dream is a face you've seen in real life. Your mind can't make up a new new face so it digs around what you've seen and projects it in a dream. So that qt you've imagined, she's real
>>
I often dream about walking around houses I lived in as a child. Creepy stuff. It's always just me there, nobody else.
>>
>>87184992
>realize im in a dream
>tell people around me
>"hey! That means you can do anything! Try it out!"
>"no! If none of this is real, what's the fucking point! It's a fucking waste of time! I'm just gonna sit here until I wake up"
it's pretty much the best metaphor for my life
Wasting my life shitposting until i eventually die
hopefully sooner rather than later
>>
>>87186059

I get that feeling, try leaping each step while you walk/run, its faster for me and I start to pick up momentum I would never get in reality.
>>
>>87186059
I have superhuman leaps in my dreams and something gliding power with the leaps.
>>
>>87188409
Well, it's not guaranteed that you've seen them in real life before exactly. You can mash together a bunch of features from different people into a person in a dream. You can dream of a person with Hillary Clinton's witch face and Donald Trump's anus mouth and straw hair, but that doesn't mean that person really exists. Your brain just recalled two different people and twisted them up a bit.

The cutie with the booty from the dream could be a real person you remember, or an amalgam of real people.
>>
>>87188595
>>87186059
>high-jumping into a strong breeze to get a good glide going
Fucking kingdom hearts game mechanics
i play that game way too much
>>
Anyone else ever wake up really tired when having a vivid dream?
>>
>>87183820

I could never read in dreams until this mysterious figure in a black uniform with silver buttons gave me something he called a "dream remote" which controlled every aspect of dreams.

There was a text unscrambler which, when switched on, allowed me to finally read stuff. At some point I lost that remote and it hasn't appeared in any subsequent dreams, but I can still read text in dreams ever since.
>>
>>87184773
>>87186059
>>87188270
You foolish boys, you need to ground yourself the very moment you realize that you're dreaming. You'll always wake up or slip out of lucidity if you don't.

Best way to fend off the initial shock that'll cause you to wake up is stuff like spinning in place and rubbing your hands together. Once you've secured yourself, just try feeling things, like grass and wood or whatever. You'll be surprised how realistic things feel, and that'll help sharpen things up

As for all the flying/superspeed/dreaming up a qt gf, it takes practice if you can't do it immediately. And then there's active/passive dream control. Active dream control is trying to will things into happening. It's possible, but it's hard, and you risk slipping out of lucidity or waking up. Passive dream control is different in the sense that everything works off of expectations. Say you want there to be an apple on your kitchen table. Active control would be to look at the table and try to make an apple appear, it's possible, but it's difficult, and risky. Passive control would be to turn your back on the table, tell yourself that there's an apple on the table, then turn around with the full expectation that there will be an apple on the table. It's way more likely to work than active control is.

Again, it'll take practice to get good at dream control. And, I know that this all sounds like /x/ malarkey, but I'm genuinely telling the truth
>>
>>87188978

Have you heard of the foundry dweller?
>>
File: Carlos.png (120KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
120KB, 425x282px
>>87188309
Not sure. I'll reflect on it then get back to you.
>>
>>87189047
I have. It all seems a bit dubious to me though. I mean, dreams and lucid dreams aren't fully understood, but it's still a scientific phenomena. I mean, people on /x/ will go on about astral projection and all that, but it's really all just different names for the same thing, lucid dreaming. I mean, some of it you could explain with the regular mechanics of lucid dreaming, but there's too much in that story that really doesn't happen in dreams that it makes me skeptical

I suppose I don't really know, though
>>
File: cyoa.jpg (29KB, 340x578px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa.jpg
29KB, 340x578px
>>87184773
>find out im lucid dreaming
>immediately try and find qts to fuck
>we start making out and fuck
>when i looked at their faces it was my older and younger sister and also my best friend
>it only makes me hornier for some reason
>cum inside them
>wake up in cold sweat
I dont know why the fuck I had that dream i dont even look at my sisters sexually or my best friend since she acts all tomboyish and is taller than me ( i like shortstacks) and for some weird reason we have been awkward around each other since the dream
>>
>tfw I had a dream where I was a wounded footsoldier in a battlefield after a big battle and there were people who were killing the survivors using spears
>tfw one of them comes near me and i reason with him dont kill me im ok its only a small wound
>tfw i actually felt the stab of the spear
>>
>>87183820
Only plebs cannot read in dreams.
>>
If you try to read in a lucid dream, you can't.
You can only read in dreams you're not lucid in and just remember that dream when you wake up.
>>
>>87189716
Spotted the liar. The latest time I remember doing so, was being at a CD selling stand, realizing this is a dream, remembering the whole "can't read in dreams" thing, and looking at the back of a CD case. It was a full tracklist, with titles and artist. I could read every single letter. I never seen that tracklist or that artist in real life.

So take your lies somewhere else.
>>
File: wizards portal.jpg (64KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
wizards portal.jpg
64KB, 600x784px
>>87184773
>talk to the nicest girl I've ever met
>wake up
>realize I will never attain that feeling in actual life
>>
>>87189863
>I never seen that tracklist or that artist in real life.
I've had sort of similar experience. I remember I once had a dream, I'd just slipped passed hypnogogia. I was on a bus, and we were driving on a wooded road. But I was listening to tenacious d, except it wasn't a real song by tenacious d, and if it was I didn't recognize it. In the dream, it was me realizing that it wasn't a real song that made me go lucid. I didn't even think stuff like that was possible. I assume it wasn't real music, just something that made me think it was or something

In the end, a second after I went lucid, I looked out of the bus window, and some bigfoot creature jumped out and slammed against the side of the bus. It scared the shit out of me so bad that I woke up, and then, probably because I'd so recently fallen asleep, I had sleep paralysis for a few minutes. I used to get it kind of a lot when I messed around with lucid dreams. It isn't that bad though.

That dream bought back memories of listening to tenacious d though
>>
How does one begin lucid dreaming? Is it just something that happens or something you have to work to achieve?
>>
>>87190133
For me, it was the former.

And no, I cannot make my dreams super interesting, I don't have such level of power. All I can do is slightly alter the course of the narrative.
>>
>>87184773
Lucid sex is easy and extremelly good if you don't get all exited and go gropey rapey on the first thing in front of you.
>Realize you're lucid dreaming
>Calm down and take a moment to "fit in"
>Talk to a qt, be nice and flirt, escalate from there.
>Just like in real life, exept a billion times easier because here you're the center of the universe
>>
>>87183820
You only dreamed that you read.
>>
Batman is right. Nobody reads in dreams. Dreaming is a fluid process where all the shit is created and experienced and destroyed on the fly. Reading is a mechanical one where small parcels info are taken in and processed and cross referenced with parcels without anything changing at all. The two mental programs are completely at odds with each other.

Besides why would anyone go back and bother reading something that their brain just wrote for them anyway?

At most all they'd do is informed read in dreams.
>Look down at a book, see it has some important information on it...
>Wait, what was the inportant info?
>margarey panda hopscotch bagel at midnight
>That doesn't make any sense.
>You really want to debate this when we could be moving on?
>Yeah, I guess I do. Maybe it's a code or something. What EXACTLY did it say again?
>the blue goat is humpty cosmo
>That wasn't the same thing though. Am I in a dream or something?
>Too many logical thinking saving too much data not enough ram remaining to maintain illusion.Abort! Abort! Wakeup!
Goddamnit. Now I'll never know what the important information was.
>>
>>87184773
>have a lucid dream back when I was ten
>I was in school, but everyone was gone
>find a friend of mine and ask him what's going on
>"oh anon, don't you know? this is summer school, you're gonna be here all summer."
>look around
>"man this sucks, I'm leaving."
>go to sleep right there, standing up, which apparently wakes me up

I wasn't having any of that shit.
>>
>>87190847
>Batman is right. Nobody reads in dreams. Dreaming is a fluid process where all the shit is created and experienced and destroyed on the fly. Reading is a mechanical one where small parcels info are taken in and processed and cross referenced with parcels without anything changing at all. The two mental programs are completely at odds with each other.
Again, I've done it. You're full of shit.
>>
>>87190133
Lol dunno. I practiced controlling dreams a lot a a kid after one specific experience of being surrounded by a rainbow of flying lights but as an adult I only got them when on an uberman sleeping schedule that that kept REM cycles on lockdown.

Right now though I'm happy to go without them since I trust my subconscious to always be entertaining than I am. Lucid dreams you feel more alive in, and they're easier to remember but in terms of raw creativity they're always dull as dishwater compared to proper ones. It's like a low budget indie game with original and engaging mechanics to the latest addition in a long stale franchise. Exactly the same thing but with a new coat of paint.

See >>87190768 and his reality defying exploits of talking to a girl.
>>
>>87190865
You dreamt words.
>>
>>87190865
What did you read? What page were you on? How heavy was the book? Was handwritten or in print? If print what typeface? Did the paper have a smell? Was there any ambient noise?

If you were ever reading anything you'd have all of those answers, but like I said you only informed read. Your brain told you that you did and you didn't want to argue so you moved the fuck along.
>>
What's with this girls are scary meme? They're short and weak and stupid.
>>
How is it that being asleep subjects us to thoughts we didn't have an active role in shaping or reaching, anyway?
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.