[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the backlash over by now? Can we all agree, that this was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 814016.jpg (187KB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
814016.jpg
187KB, 702x1000px
Is the backlash over by now? Can we all agree, that this was pretty good for a cape movie?
>>
No because it wasn't, in fact, a good or even decent movie. That's why no one talks about it.
>>
>>87164112
The ending fell apart but at least it wasn't a total flop
>>
>>87164112
No. It wasn't good at all.
>>
No one ever talked about it and no one ever will because it comitted the worst sin a "blockbuster" can commit: it was boring.
>>
>>87164112
>Can we all agree, that this was pretty good for a cape movie?
Nah.
>>
It was meh.
Singer needs to be kicked off and someone who will halfway respect the source material needs to be brought in.
>>
>>87164112
Jlaw can only do so much to carry a movie like she always does
>>
They should have just made it about Magneto, for some reason they couldn't write anyone else in the last three X Men movies.
>>
>>87164112
yes. however, marveldrones gonna drone
>>
>>87164112
Eh, just about everything in it felt like it could have been better.
>>
Why the FUCK was Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique the central character in all 3 movies?

why was a fucking villain made into a hero?
>>
>>87164112
I had fun. But I don't particularly like X-Men, so I didn't hold it to a high standard. I had a hard time seeing how Apocalypse was a bad guy, though. I liked him all the way to the end until Angel died for him and then he called him useless. Like, he was so nice and Jesus-like the whole movie and then he was mean.
>>
I liked it when I saw it. I'll fully admit it has a lot of issues with pacing and character development but fucking Magneto and Xavier are outstanding. I never understood how people didn't find Apoc intimidating when he was using people into walls and floors. It does shit the bed a bit in the second half with the ending and that terrible back and forth scene with the X-Kids and Xavier/Apoc. That scene was so annoying because it felt like now one could finish a thought. I still had fun watching it but it will probably be worse when I watch it again in the future.
>>
>>87164112
It was good in spite of a lot things holding it back.
>>
>>87164974
Because she got an oscar and was hot shit for a minute. If the actor playing pyro had become a movie atar he would lead the xmen. Seriously they don't give a fuck about the comics at all over at fox.
>>
>>87164979
this
>>
It wasn't great, but it wasn't a bad movie. It just suffered from the same problem a lot of these huge blockbuster movies suffer from by trying to do too much.

It attempts to introduce Apocalypse and show he's a a threat, get the horsemen, ideally get to know the horsemen a bit so we give a shit about them, establish Magneto's motivations, bring Mystique back with her own shit, introduce Cyclops, Jean and Nightcrawler as important characters, get caught up with Quicksilver so he can come back... Fuck, I mean there's probably even more that they had to cram in. Oh yeah, they had to introduce the phoenix force so it didn't come off as a complete deus ex for the finale.

There is so much shit that they had to cover that each bit was cut to its bare bones. Ideally we'd have room to breathe, to spend some time getting to know the characters and the plot, but with all this shit they had to do the movie had to jump all over the place constantly. Those deleted mall scenes with the new kids would have been fucking great to get to know the characters and care about them, but it makes sense they didn't make the final cut, all things considered.

That said though, with all that shit to try to cram into a coherent narrative, somehow the movie was still decent enough. That's no small feat. It was still watchable and managed not to feel like a scatterbrained mess.
>>
>>87164112
>backlash
There wasn't.
They just called it what it is: mediocre and forgettable, not to mention there was zero hype.

Only good thing is that it marks the end of JLaw Mystique being the ''key to all this''.
>>
Have to agree with this anon.
>>87165845
I don't think it was a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it lacked a lot of the impact First Class and Days of Future Past had, mostly because it felt like it was buckling under the weight of trying to introduce so many plot points at once.

Every studio wants to believe they've got the next Avengers on their hands, I guess. I don't know why Fox doesn't just go the Sony route and hand off the X-Men to Marvel studios, if they want in on the MCU profit THAT badly. Wouldn't be getting the whole pie, like they want, but hey, a slice is better than crumbs.
>>
Mystique is the worst part of every movie, someone give Jennifer Lawrence a break and let her do other stuff she clearly doesn't want to be here
>>
>>87164345
he's probably gone, they'll be waiting on Legion to see whether there's any life left in the franchise

with the Wolverine ending and Deadpool possibly in deep shit, there may be a sudden attempt to resell the rights, or just shelve them until they revert

they probably don't have time to wait to do a reboot, even if it's a couple of years off, because they've already been making them for a decade and a half

>>87164974
she wasn't central to First Class, she was just kind of in it

Rebecca Zul'jin-Gyarados wasn't available/was too old so they recast, but the character was "popular" in X-Men terms (about as popular as Xavier and Magneto, but much less popular than Wolverine) so they gave her a little more screen time (and having a young actress walk around basically naked doesn't hurt)

by the time they were filming for Days of Future Past they already knew the Hunger Games was huge, so naturally because they had a now-big star under contract at a bargain-bin price they used her as much as they could rather than waste the opportunity; whether you like (or believe) it or not, her prominence sold the latter two X-Men movies she appeared in far harder than any other factor

>>87165968
her contract is up and fox are too cheap to renew

>>87165947
Murdoch doesn't share

last time he tried to it was STAR China with his wife, Wendy Deng

she took him for billions and he didn't even see it coming, and it's not like we're talking about a human mind with feelings, just one psychopath outmaneuvering another
>>
>>87165866
There's always backlash. Deaspite the actual quality of the film, everyone always praise it to heaven the first week, then damn it to hell for the next month.
>>
>>87164112
It was a solid 5/10
>>
>>87164138
same as Civil War, really.
>>
>>87164112
>shitty nu-makes is x-man team now
>Apoc is generic evil retard and his 4 "horseman" is useless shit except Magneto
I agree, there were few good moments. Beast, Xavier and Magneto are good characters. But that's all. Movie is pretty meh. Still better than CW and BvS though.
>>
>>87164112
X-men apocalypse was just plain bad, I watched it with low expectations and still didn't enjoy it. Half of the cast can't act, with jlaw seemingly not acting on purpose. Apocalypse was a terrible villain, his speeches were uninspired and lacked charisma, the director was clearly relying on the sound affects rather than the words. Not only does he not use his power to his actual potential, but he's not imposing or threatening at all, he's a complete manlet rather than a giga nigga. He's the thanos equivalent for X-men, a character that they cannot possibly beat alone. The intro scene shows apocalypse getting beaten by humans fairly easily, if he's so powerful how come he couldn't prevent this? Why was he only in Egypt? They should have done a lotr style intro showing him as the god of several religions.
Magneto as a subordinate of Apocalypse doesn't work, it doesn't fit his character, and the rest of the horsemen were useless, they didn't even show them being good people beforehand. Apocalypse didn't even call Warren Archangel for fucks sake. Hell, he doesn't NAME ANY OF HIS HORSEMEN. The fight choreography in the finale was terrible, there's no sense danger or tension, It could have ended if Jean just used her powers at the beginning. True that would be bad film wise, but what we got instead isn't any better. The wolverine and quicksilver scenes were good, although the latter clearly doesn't hold some peoples heads during his gottagofast phase.
>>
>>87167747

CW had creative action sequences
>>
>>87164112
It was terrible and literally killed the X-Men franchise.
Fox should just give the rights back to Marvel already.
>>
>>87167784
>>87167799
Psylocke was shit but loved the costume.
>>
>>87169521
The actor pushed for it herself, since the director is a gay dude he has no interest in the costumes
>>
It was ok, kinda of amusing like Suicied Squad
I'm finding this year's batch of cape movies pretty mediocre, like all of them are just ok at best
>>
It was okay borderlining on bad. Jennifer Lawrence needs to be executed so she never appears in a movie again.
>>
It was good. People don't talk about it because it's not one of the memes.

If Fox starts making normie-friendly "fun" movies with tons of obvious jokes, they'll have more luck hitting meme status.
>>
>>87169055
>punching in an empty airport lot
>creative
>>
best capeshit of the year, although that's a low bar.

civil war was boring and dumb

bvs was clever but flawed ('you're letting him kill martha' is a ridiculous line that should have been rewritten or ad libbed)

apocalypse... just feels right somehow. the characters and world are complex and the conflict can be reduced to a personal level. i like it despite the fact that the resolution is hackneyed and hard to understand for anyone who isn't a longstanding fan.

the fact that i am an x fan (albeit not so much of the movies, honestly) may be coloring my opinion.

still not a fan of nu mystique and non blue archangel. also, weapon x should have had his visor and should have been more slashy killy instead of stabby killy, but these are just aesthetic choices. the end of the movie is kinda dumb but that's par the course for these films.

i did not expect to like apocalypse as much as i did. i'm still surprised by how much i like this film. it feels like stuff is happening even though it isn't really meaningful and there isnt really much resolution. it just feels like an x comic somehow, in a really good way.
>>
>>87164112
Why do we live in an age where people pretend things are a certain way even in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary? An age where when you cite evidence to someone they just keep spouting the same thing as though you hadn't just rebutted everything they just said? Why do people keep pretending good movies are bad or crap movies are the second coming of Jesus Christ in Imax format? Why do we live in an age where people spend all their time living the current popular meme or looking for the next current popular meme? Will society ever recover from Millennials?
>>
>>87166266
Wolverine looks like a weird passing the torch thing and they might gamble on X-23 in the future.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.