[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this show...sucks right? I don't think I've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: awesomes.jpg (110KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
awesomes.jpg
110KB, 1600x600px
So this show...sucks right? I don't think I've seen one conversation around here about it, but it somehow had three seasons. I couldn't make it past the first two.

Is there some redeeming factor to this show I'm not seeing?
>>
>>87152181

yeah it's pretty bad.
>>
>>87152181
I liked it.
>>
>>87152181
Are you so dependent on /co/ to tell you what option you should have on media?

Make you own judgements, if you think it's shit, then say it's shit. If you like it like >>87152742 then own that
>>
Good seasons finales, and lot of character development. Give it a chance, it might surprise you. It also have a couple of touching moments.

As a comedy it isn't quite good, it's try too hard to be edgy, but, as a Super Hero parody/satire is spot on. First season is impecable regarding heroes journey and to get out of father's shadows.
>>
>>87152181
Sucks is probably going to far, I'd say.

It's not very good, but it's not genuinely BAD either. Like, there's nothing too insulting or particularly stupid.
Because of the cast, it feels kind of like extended SNL sketches, really. Complete with the sometimes totally flat jokes.
>>
>>87152181

It's average
>>
Its fairly mediocre. I wished it sucked, at least then I'd have something to riff on.

Instead its a fairly generic superhero show that hits all of the beats you'd expect in a competent but utterly unfulfilling way

Someone said that this was a good superhero parody. Bullshit. The Tick is a good superhero parody. Nextwave is a good superhero parody. Hell, Teen Titans GO blows this series out of the water as a parody.

I'll concede that I only watched the first season, but the only thing I remember it really parodying was Christian Bale's Batman voice. And that was an old joke even back then.
>>
>>87152181
1st season was fine

after that, it went downhill fast

only watch the 1st season
>>
Hotwire being the main villain's daughter was too obvious to be surprising, and not obvious enough to be funny.

And there are way too many situations where the hero could have solved the problem by stopping time.

>>87155466
>>
Hotwire being the main villain's daughter was too obvious to be surprising, and not obvious enough to be funny.

And there are way too many situations where the hero could have solved the problem by stopping time.

It's a perfectly harmless show just don't expect something on the tier of Venture Bros.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.