[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cbr.com/report-director- tim-miller-drops-out-of-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: tim-miller-deadpool.jpg (62KB, 984x518px) Image search: [Google]
tim-miller-deadpool.jpg
62KB, 984x518px
http://www.cbr.com/report-director-tim-miller-drops-out-of-deadpool-2/

Report: Director Tim Miller Drops Out of Deadpool 2
by Kevin Melrose

“Deadpool” director Tim Miller has reportedly exited the sequel to Fox’s superhero blockbuster over creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

The news comes from Deadline, which notes that although Miller hadn’t officially signed on to the 2018 film, he had been expected to return, and was developing the script. According to the report, the split was amicable, and leaves the director on good terms with the studio.
>>
>>87143779
“Deadpool” was a labor of love for Miller, Reynolds and screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, and was viewed as a true collaboration among those key players, who championed the project even as Fox seemed to lose interest. Development kicked in to high gear in 2014 after CGI test footage created by Miller’s Blur Studio was leaked online, drawing an enthusiastic response from fans.

Although “Deadpool’s” tone and R-rated violence was considered a gamble, it paid off, with the film earning widespread acclaim and a $782.6 million worldwide box office.

It’s of course not yet known how Miller’s departure will affect “Deadpool 2” or its production schedule. Executive Producer Simon Kinberg had revealed in June that work on the screenplay was “going extremely well,” and that shooting was targeted to begin in early 2017.

Miller is expected now to turn his attention to Fox’s “Influx,” an adaptation of the 2014 techno-thriller by author David Suarez.
>>
I wondered what the creative difference was about, damn.
>>
>>87143779

well, Deadpool 2 confirmed for executive addled shit.
>>
>>87144143
Were you expecting anything different after the first one did 700+ millions?

Man, executives are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1456417078185.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1456417078185.png
1MB, 788x872px
Well, it's fucked.
Nothing to see here folks.
>>
>>87144106
>>87144143
Miller was begining to allow corporate meddling, and Reynolds still had critic PTSD from Green Lantern.
>>
>>87144214

moviegoers are even stupider for continuing to keep these people employed by going to see the movies they ruin with their terrible generic "I have no fucking creative bone in my body but here's how your fllm should be" decisions.
>>
>>87144214
This.

The huge unexpected success for the film was it's own poison.
>>
>>87144214
This.

Why would they try to change a formula that made over 700 million.
>>
It's going to be shit now. Maybe DC can get Tim Miller to direct a Deathstroke movie now, that'd be funny.
>>
File: 1475343656993.jpg (102KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
1475343656993.jpg
102KB, 720x533px
I'm getting Edgar Wright flashbacks.
>>
it's not a big deal, he didn't even assist in the screenplay, reynolds was more important than him even when you exclude his role as DP
and if anything the direction was the worst part of the film outside of a few moments
>>
>>87143779
>first Fox ruined X-Men with X-Men Apocalypse
>now Fox is ruining Deadpool (literally their biggest most successful movie)
On the positive side, after Wolverine 3 and Deadpool are shit and panned by Rotten Tomatoes, maybe Fox can do the morally right thing and give the rights back to Marvel.
>>
File: IMG_1103.jpg (377KB, 977x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.jpg
377KB, 977x1280px
>the director is trying to write the sequel despite not writing the first
>Reynolds brought the actual writers to the set to improve the first movie
>the director has no fucking writing experience worth a fucking damn
>he is told to fuck off

Good. Reynolds made the first one happen through years of hard work and his own money. This director is trying to get involved where he shouldn't and was rightly rebuffed. Deadpool wasn't a director driven picture where he got to control everything by the fact that Reynolds brought the writers to the set to change things and he was both the star and producer.

This isn't a coup, this is a failed coup and the king staying in charge.
>>
>>87144951
Slade is nothing like Wade.

A Lobo movie would be a better fit.
>>
>>87145431
I hope you're right, but I was really hoping for a trouble free production like most marvel movies.
>>
>>87145431
Pretty much dude got to big for his britches and Ryan put him in his place
>>
>RR still being cancer
I told you guys.
>>
>>87145172
>maybe Fox can do the morally right thing and give the rights back to Marvel.
Oh it's you, the autist from the other thread
Please get out and shut up about your shitty opinions
>>
>>87144887
Because if we "fix" the formula, we could make even more money.
>>
>>87146028
Because the director wasn't the main ingredient of the formula and he wanted to change it.

The formula was mainly the writers and Reynolds who already had tons of control being both star and producer. The director wanted to change the formula and make it his own as well as make it more FX driven to funnel shitloads if money to his FX company.

The first movie had the writers come to the fucking set to get things right. That must have pissed him off. Don't forget at the beginning of Hollywood the big fight between who controls a movie was between the writers and directors. This was never a director driven picture.
>>
>>87145028
Does this mean Deadpool 2 will be even better than it would've been with Miller?
>>
The mods have moved a bunch of these to /tv/ already
Fuck off
>>
>>87145028

Why? Miller isn't fucking off making other movies and waiting 8 years before really dropping it
>>
File: 1475470646187.gif (739KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1475470646187.gif
739KB, 250x188px
>>87146335

why don't you move to /tv/ and fuck off and then you wouldn't see this anymore

stupid fucking idiot
>>
>>87145938
It's true though. It's obvious Fox doesn't like the X-Men or superheroes in general. So why not give the rights to someone who actually likes the characters? Like the original owners?
>>
>>87145028
>>87146240

Right? Cause Reed fucking nailed it with Ant-man. Even all the ideas everyone thought was Wright's turned out to be Reed, he made a damn good movie all things considered.

Fuck.... is Peyton Reed available?
>>
>>87148694
Antman was shit tho
>Suit conveniently conserve mass or not depending on whether or not the shit plot need to advance.
>>
>>87148694
Pretty sure he's signed for the antman sequel so i doubt they can get him.
>>
>>87146335
Ask your high school's counselor to test you for autism. Getting it diagnosed now will save you a lot of trouble later in life.
>>
>>87148770
>blames wright for accurately adapting a comic

and what movies aren't shit to you anon?
>>
>>87148102
Fox hates the X-Men so much that they rebooted the franchise once it hit below a standard of quality. Then they packed the reboot with tons of fanservice, because they just hate X-Men so much. Only somebody that hates X-Men would do this.
>>
>>87145627
Now that would be wonderful.
>>
>>87145627
Tim Miller directed one of the trailers for Arkham Knight.
>>
The director was important, bit the script he was working with pretty much stuck basically 1to1.
So it as long as faithful writer and another director willing to stay faithful too, we might get another good movie.
>>
They apparantly didn't agree on who they wanted to case as Cable. Miller wanted Kyle but Reynolds wanted someone else.
>>
>>87144106
>I wondered what the creative difference was about, damn.
I'm 99% sure it's about "sequelitis." The first movie was made on the cheap and they could do more or less what they wanted; but then it made MAD BANK and whenever that happens the studios start getting antsy. The way they usually handle things (the suits I'm talking about) is to basically remake the first movie only more exaggerated.

In other words I imagine the director said: BOOYA! Now I get to make the movie I woulda made if I'd had the budget last time around!

And the studio said: hold on there, Hoss. What we actually want is this scene, that scene, and this other scene. But bigger and louder. Because those are the bits that are tracking on social media/got the biggest response from out test audiences.
>>
>>87150437

source? since I've never seen anything about that anywhere
>>
>>87150659
http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-director-ryan-reynolds-cable-casting/
>>
>>87150701
Kyle is perfect
>>
>>87150701

Kyle would have been perfect, and no man is going to legit fill that role..all those dolph lung people and basically all the old flat top dudes that get mentioned would just be horrible. RR is good at comedy but he hasn't shown any ability with the behind the camera stuff so this is going to be a big unknown if he knows what he is doing or not. On one hand he fought for all of the elements that made it into the first film..on the other hand going against kyle casting seems bad. Especially considering I cannot think of another good actor to fill the role. Not really unless they want to genderbend to kill expectations.

I mean, I don't care what you do but most of the main three old guys that got mentioned are either out of shape, tiny or don't look the part at all.
>>
>>87150465
This. Hollywood loves to blame piracy for their problems, but really it's mostly dumbass executives meddling or panicking a bout their bottom line. Ironically their own attempts to play it safe are biting them in the ass.
>>
>>87144887
because the exact reason it made $700+ million is that it /didn't/ subscribe to an existing formula

goddamnit
>>
>>87150941
Stephen Lang? He may be a bit too short but eh, they manage to make Tom Cruise not look like a dwarf so...
>>
>>87151142

Unless they shrink RR, he's going to look tiny as fuck, I dont care how many power shots you put in there
>>
>>87143779
Now if WB can scoop Tim Miller for Harley Quinn they'll have the DP audience they so desire.
>>
>>87150981
Some people responsible for movies that are considered "classic" or "groundbreaking" have even said that they wouldn't take the risk to try making it given the chance again.
>>
>>87150701
That's a pretty lame thing to leave a movie for.
>>
>>87152159

that's not the reason, and anon above pointed out the truth of it.

>>87150465

^ its about money
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.