[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they nominate captain marvel or black widow and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: United Nations - Wonder Woman.jpg (121KB, 620x446px) Image search: [Google]
United Nations - Wonder Woman.jpg
121KB, 620x446px
Why didn't they nominate captain marvel or black widow and the may marvel icon female empowerment icons instead?
>>
How did we let her become the un ambassador?

The MCU is more female friendly, marvel had black widow in the avengers before DCEU had any strong female character.
>>
>>87141513
LITERALLY WHO?

No one cares about black widow.
>>
They didn't pay enough.
>>
>>87141513

Wondy's been around the longest and is ultimately the most influential, even if DC can barely figure out what to do with her most of the time.
>>
Better question, why is the UN wasting time with stupid shit like this?

Am I supposed to take them seriously as an organization?
>>
>>87141619
>am I supposed to take them seriously as an organization
No.
>>
>>87141549
>movie bait
>>
>>87141619
This. The whole thing is freaking ridiculous.
>>
Who?

Everyone knows who WW is. I follow DC and Archie more than Marvel and the only Marvel superheroine I know much about is Storm. Black Widow is a literal "who?" and Carol is "that woman who got screwed over in issue 200".
>>
>>87141619
>taking UN seriously
>ever
>>
WB has to shill her
>>
>>87141772
UN does a metric fuckton of good work, anon.

Shit like this is just the only thing that ever hits the news.
>>
>>87141770
This. Carol is just Marvel's flavpr of the month. Once they're done with her they'll toss her aside like they did with the X-Men and the F4.
>>
>>87141619
Every governement on Earth does shit like this.
Hell most private organizations do too.
It's called PR.

They probably got more articles about that WW shit than about most resolutions that passed this year.
Certainly more /co/ posts about it.
>>
>>87141872
>It's called PR.

/co/ is a bunch of underage kids that don't know how the real world work
>>
>>87142436
>having a public figure endorsing your organisation isn't piblic relations
It's cute that you're 20 and need to notify every person you disagree with that you're an adult now.
>>
>>87141619
this, I know the UN is a joke but I didn't think they were this much of a joke
>>
>>87142522
That's what i'm saying you dumbass.
That /co/ seriously think this is an add from DC and not just a standard PR stunt by the UN.
>>
>>87142552
Excuse me for taking you replying to my post, quoting me and then just calling /co/ a bunch of idiots, as something disagreeing with what I said.
>>
>>87141619
>the head of the human rights council is Saudi Arabia
No.
>>
>>87141513
>two literally who's over the most iconic female superhero in existence
gee i wonder why
>>
>>87141549

She had adorable feet.
>>
So what are people blaming UN for? They always had fictional characters as ambassadors to get people who wouldn't have cared for the issue, to get talking about it. they had angry birds as ambassador for forests or something last year to make kids more aware about deforestation.
>>
>>87141513
Wonder Woman has been around far longer than them and she has history in her comics with the UN.

>>87141619
A lot of organizations and even Governments do stupid shit like this it's just symbolic ceremonies, you have cities giving keys to fictional characters and celebrities and presidents declaring "official days" that no one gives a shit about later.

If this is what took for you to stop taking the UN as a relevant or serious organization well I got news for you but the UN lost its relevancy a long time ago.
>>
>>87143712
>So what are people blaming UN for?
We're in the age of social media where everyone bitches about everything without being informed and thinks other people should care what they bitch about or that it has any meaning or relevancy.
>>
>>87141619
>Am I supposed to take them seriously as an organization?
Hell no.
>>
The UN are a bunch of communists who fortunately are too incompetent to actually have any real effect on anything.
>>
File: pQ5FN0S.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pQ5FN0S.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
>>87141821
Yep.
And they were awesome in the only vidya genre that matters to me.
>>
>>87141513
WB probably made donations to the right organizations and people then suddenly wham, you have yourself a great publicity stunt that will garner attention for your movie.
The actual subject of the thing? No one gives a shit nor will remember but they will think about how WonderWoman went to the UN! OMG!
>>
>>87141619
>UN is now controls the internet
Worry.jpg
>>
>>87141619

Triggered!
>>
>>87141619

>Why is the UN wasting its time with women's rights

Hmmmmmm
>>
>>87141821
>UN does a metric fuckton of good work, anon.

Like why? Try to subvert municipal control from cities?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/item/24110-un-s-new-urban-agenda-to-assault-liberty-in-a-city-near-you
>>
>>87145068
Get out of here with that shit.
>>
>Complaining about real life synergy
>>
File: UNNGH Ambassador.webm (3MB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
UNNGH Ambassador.webm
3MB, 640x330px
So, what stunt can Marvel try to pull after this?
>>
>>87144515
>The UN
>Advocating Freedom of Information

Oh that's a fucking laugh.

http://freemuse.org/archives/1180
>>
>>87145114
You get out, Soros.
>>
>>87145193
Man, the fact that you guys think that old fat Hungarian hedge fund manager is at the heart of some giant worldwide conspiracy shows how fucking sad you dudes really are.
>>
>>87145152
Publish Cardiac.
>>
>>87145261
Thank you for Correecting the Record, but wikileaks have shown that Soros is behind BLM, and the DNC.
>>
File: Leonardo-DiCaprio.jpg (317KB, 1842x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo-DiCaprio.jpg
317KB, 1842x1227px
ITT: Underage morons who don't know what it means to be a UN ambassador.

It's literally has and always will be a publicity stunt, and rightfully so, cause then people are more inclined to listen to Leo DiCaprio pretend to give a damn about climate change than they are to some old white bureaucrat they don't know
>>
>>87145302
Stop being ridiculous.

Soros is a fat old fuck who likes wasting his money on causes that appeal to him. That's literally all there is to him.
>>
>>87145310
>tfw commercial has him as "Academy Award winner"
Thank God on Revenant, amirite?
>>
>>87145152
Articles bashing Wonder Woman and saying she's not a good role model and that the UN should have picked some mudslime instead. You know, like they're doing right now.
>>
File: 1276277251737.jpg (73KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1276277251737.jpg
73KB, 428x510px
>>87141619
>Am I supposed to take them seriously as an organization?
>>
>>87141513
Captain Marvel is "iconic" only in the forced Marvel narrative
to everyone else she's as "iconic" as Scrappy Doo

Black Widow? She's the best joke of the MCU
>>
>>87145368
He literally gave Clinton instructions on how to police the world.

https://www.rt.com/usa/355639-soros-clinton-albania-wikileaks/

He funded and directed BLM violence.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/23896-hacked-documents-soros-funded-black-lives-matter
>>
>>87141513
Marvel obviously didn't divert any of their marketing budget into slush funds to promote a shitty movie
>>
Bet you anything she wouldn't be there if she wasn't jewish.
>>
>>87146559

>funded and directed BLM

awesome
>>
>>87146418
Remember #WeWantBlackWidow international flash mob?
>>
>>87147370
Yeah, racially-motivated violence sure is great.
>>
>they actually brought on gal gadot
Gadot has absolutely nothing to do with the history of Wonder Woman and actual women empowerment

Its not like they brought on an actual stuffed doll of fucking Winnie the Pooh to sit in. This is retarded and gives Gadot way more importance (even with the minuscule importance that this 'position' even has) than she deserves to have.
>>
File: gal.jpg (87KB, 980x934px) Image search: [Google]
gal.jpg
87KB, 980x934px
>>87147409

What about her vast experience in international politics?
>>
>>87145061
Are you actually trying to say that promoting some stupid hashtag which centers around standing with a fictional character is a sign that the U.N. supports women's rights? They've been supporting women's rights for decades now, and most countries in the U.N. have equal rights for women.

That's not supporting women's rights, that's just stupid PR stunts that don't even change anything aside from wasting everyone's time and money. I'm sure that ISIS will change their mind about women being people when they see that Wonder Woman exists.

Get your head out of your ass, /co/ is already full of sanctimonious morons who pat themselves on the back as it is.
>>
>>87147409
Apparently they will record a PSA with her so she will be part of the campaign
>>
>>87141513
No matter what Marvel does, they'll never have an iconic female superhero because they sincerely don't care about it
DC stuck with WW when she was and still is a money sink, and now they can flaunt having a legend in their roster while Captain Marvel isn't getting that same ammount of love even if they paid us to pretend we like her.
>>
>>87145061
haha yeah man, the UN is really good at telling countries that already have equal rights for women and that have huge boners for female empowerment that those two things are really important. asking two nobodies to pretend to be fictional characters and saying shit we already know is a huge step forward for women's rights

why waste time on women in the world who are actually being oppressed when you can appeal to rich insecure white girls? truly time well spent
>>
>>87145152
>Dem tits on Carter
Umf.
>>
>>87146559
>He literally gave Clinton instructions on how to police the world.
>Soros sends an email to Clinton urging her to to do the bleeding obvious thing using one of three very obvious choices.
>One of those three obvious choices is sent to deal with the thing.
IT MUST BE ALL CONNECTED MAAAAAAN
>>
>>87148041
No, it's just because WW was first.
>>
>Being so desperate to find women who have made a difference that they are now idolizing fictional people who are literally unable to do so

Is the world just crazy or can no one see the vast ironic disconnect, here?
>>
>>87147370
>awesome
I love billionaires funding terrorist groups!
>>
>>87148044
It's not like any of those countries have a hero themselves that could act a representative.
>>
>>87148044
>
haha yeah man, the UN is really good at telling countries that already have equal rights for women and that have huge boners for female empowerment that those two things are really important. asking two nobodies to pretend to be fictional characters and saying shit we already know is a huge step forward for women's rights

why waste time on women in the world who are actually being oppressed when you can appeal to rich insecure white girls? truly time well spent

The UN criticizes fucked up countries for their treatment of women all the time. Nobody just pays any attention to it, and because they're not actually a world wide dictatorship straight out of the right wing's nightmares, that's all they can do.
>>
>>87147409
No one under 55 remembers a tv show from the 70s you smug fuck
>>
>>87147389
>>87148242
It's as if you're not even aware of where you're at.
>>
>>87148139
not him, but you're a fucking moron. I doubt you've even read a single one of the emails.

>Guy funds homegrown terrorist organization
>Guy also funds lobbyists who lobby for the banking institutions
>Same institutions fund hillary
>Same guy caught giving instructions to Hillary

>All of these things
>not connected

It's like you have a tumor that prevents you from connecting logical orders of operation.
>>
>>87148285
Millennials seriously need to fuck off and die forever.
>>
>>87148291
The place that spawned Anonymous, the most cancerous left-wing memespouting organization on the planet that literally no one but newfags would look up to.

I'm glad you like DC because Soros is very much like a DC villain.
>>
>>87148318
Ok why don't you start?
>>
>>87148295
Also his organizations were kicked out of Russia for trying to destabilise their economy. Russia hates Globalist.
>>
>>87148285
>>87148336
Quiet literally the most useless generation ever. Fucking end up killing yourself trying to boil an egg.
>>
>>87148249
they don't need some shitty comic book hero, they need someone who's, you know, real. they have people from their own countries with nobel peace prizes and such, not some bondage fetish character made by nerds. there's a good amount of female freedom fighters in the ME
>>87148257
how many women in the world who are oppressed and who more than likely can't even access the internet would actually know about this? how many would even know who these people are?

that's the problem with modern day western feminism, they don't care about actual female oppression around the world, they only xare about meaningless garbage and just trying to claim a victim status so people can feel bad for them despite the fact that their lives are really not that hard. manspreading being taken seriously as an issue is proof of that.
>>
>>87148424
*care
>>
>>87148407
stop hitting yourself
>>
>>87147409
>Gadot has absolutely nothing to do with the history of Wonder Woman
Not as much as say, Perez or Kanigher (or Carter), but I think portraying her in at least two movies has to count for SOMETHING here.
>>
>>87147409
Shes the current WW. Deal with it.
>>
>>87148564
>>87148582
They could just not have Gadot
>>
>>87148564
She's barely in ONE movie. The other movie is not even out yet.
She may have relevance from then on, but not for the 75th Anniversary.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.