[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so why DOESN'T superman/ww work? what makes lois and steve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 35

File: filename.jpg (198KB, 612x737px) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
198KB, 612x737px
so why DOESN'T superman/ww work? what makes lois and steve the superior partners?
>>
File: 1426619861632.jpg (78KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1426619861632.jpg
78KB, 531x471px
>>87135405
Wonder Woman's a fucking lezzie
>>
>>87135405
Lazy, Pokemon-breeding tierm
>>
>>87135405
They're all boring.
>>
>>87135405
Because it's shallow as hell, and only done essentially because of power levels crap.

The only way I could see this even remotely working, is if they played up the princess and the farm boy angle. Just straight up harlequin romance novel that shit. But they won't be that would require the vaguest amount of effort.

Besides, they both have extensive supporting casts, and the attempt to hook the two up comes off as part of the slow death of supporting casts.

There's pretty much nothing good about this pairing. Fuckin' shippers.
>>
People only pair them together because:

>they've adjectives as their super-hero names
>they share matching outfits - red, blue and yellow
>they're both tall, muscular and hot brunettes with clear blue eyes
>they share similar powers
>they're the most important DC heroes
>they're the most powerful DC heroes
>they're immortals
>they're members of the JL
>they share the same mission of safe-guarding the world and influencing it for the better

That's it. So writers latch to these similarities and all we get are stories about how they're perfect beings who're perfect match and should make the perfect for their perfect selves. Because of that Superman end up losing a bit of his humanity, which makes him compelling, and Wonder Woman end up losing her independence, which makes her essentially a shadow of Superman. So other than the drama of them fighting against the world there isn't much to explore.
>>
>>87135529
ok, but from an in-universe perspective, what stops superman from not pairing with wonder woman other than lois and steve
>>
>>87135464

>The only way I could see this even remotely working, is if they played up the princess and the farm boy angle. Just straight up harlequin romance novel that shit. But they won't be that would require the vaguest amount of effort.

For some really fucked up reason DC only likes to pursue the whole übermenschen angle with the couple, where Wonder Woman only see Superman as an alien god who's above the mortals both physically and morally, and Superman is crazy about Wonder Woman because she's perfect and he can be free with her be it casting Clark Kent out or going all out during sex with his powers.
>>
Nostalgia.
Superman, Batman and WW shouldn't have long term relationships imo. They are not Marvel characters.
>>
Clark and LANA are the superior pair. Lois and Diana a shit.
>>
>>87135553

Well, in-universe nothing stops them.

In the pre-Nu52 continuity they were attracted to one another when they first met and tried to date, but Superman learned she was essentially a goddess that dealt with cosmic on a daily basis as if it was nothing while Wonder Woman couldn't wrap her head on the idea that Superman preferred to be "ordinary". Then after Superman hooked up with Lois, Wonder Woman regretted the fact she had let Superman go because he was the perfect guy for her while Superman was weirdly protective of her purity, but they managed to over time get over their jealousy of one another and become good friends.

In the Nu52 continuity they dated for real, but their relationship was problematic as fuck since Superman hated the fact that Wonder Woman kept him arm length and in the dark regarding her personal life while Wonder Woman hated the fact that Superman lead a double life as Clark Kent forcing them to act in secrecy and "be normal" for others.
>>
>>87135405
In New 52 at least, it was rushed. The two hadn't built up much chemistry besides "Hey, you're super strong...I'm super strong...I'm lonely... you're lonely...let's fuck!"

The big kiss was in a very early issue of nu52 JL...like #11 or #12. If you're gonna make a couple of characters the main pairing of your whole brand, they need to have more depth. But DC wanted those geek gossip headlines NOW, so they blew it.
>>
Steve Trevor is a shit character
>>
>>87135553
Nothing "stops" them I guess, but neither of them has any particular reason to love the other. They don't complement each other, they're both just nice superpeople.
>>
>>87135565

It's more than nostalgia, it's more the fact that the characters are too much alike and that the writers make it worse by exploring only their similarities and how above they're from everyone else.

Nobody wants to read about two cunts feeling smug about themselves and their perfect relationship while also thinking about doing whatever the fuck they want about our lives or ruling our asses because they think they know better since they're oh so perfect. And that's how DC portrays their relationship 90% of the time.

I mean, look at this page. Do you want to root for this couple? All this make me want is for Batman to hurry the fuck up with his plans of how to take the JL down so that he can put a leash on their asses. It makes me want to side with fucking Lex Luthor.
>>
>>87135405
I'll be honest, its kinda lazy and it robs superman of his connection to humanity and muddies up wondie a bit because her entire mission is seeking an understanding of "Mans World" and superman isn't really a representation of that.

Superman is the absolute best of "mans world" in fact he is beyond our world, he is the ideal we strive to be. So her mission is cheapened since she isn't experiencing a new world through the eyes of someone who has been forced to see the worst of it, a fellow soldier. And meanwhile clark becomes less farm boy more god around her.

all that being said, I've always liked the idea that long after lois and steve die clark and diana find comfort together. as a kinda else worlds thing. Like after a normal life work is complete and they've had to burry bruce they seek familiarity in each others arms.

It doesn't quite work of course, even in their immortal "Old age" they know they don't have the same love that they've had with others, but when faced with the prospect of eternal loneliness or trying to love someone so incredibly foreign to you they've only been alive for 10% of your life... the two of them choose to ignore the lingering doubts, the hopes that theres something better out there. Two gods choose to do something remarkably human.

They choose to settle.
>>
>>87135674

I'm going to be honest with you, anon. I hate that story angle you mentioned. I've seen it in Elseworlds and some fanfics and all this does is remind me that SM/WW are supposed to be end-game for the sole fact that they're perfect, immortal beings.

When they go with the fact that SM and WW always loved each other, even when they were with other people until the death of those people, we end up with SM and WW being shitty as fuck and cheapen the relationship they share with the other people.

When they go with the fact that SM and WW still love the people they spent their time with until the death of those people, we end up with SM and WW being lonely desperate people that are fucking only so they won't remain alone, which is also kind of shitty.

And the thing about that scenario is that Superman and Wonder Woman aren't the only characters that are capable of living for thousand and thousand of years. Fuck, Wonder Woman have sisters that share her same powers even. And if Batman wanted he could remain alive for as long as he wanted. SM and WW don't need to be stuck with one another. The same can be said about SM and WW and the fact that they can indeed die. They aren't truly immortal.

That's why i like the future Grant Morrison came up with. For Superman it is Lois or nothing and since for him there's always a way he finds some way to bring Lois back so they can spend eternity together.
>>
>>87135650
>Do you want to root for this couple?
Y-Yes.
>>
>>87135650
I don't root for Johns' JL at all. Soap operas don't suit DC A-listers. Lois/ Clark marriage wasn't anything special either. It was barely used well by Superman writers. Lois/Clark marriage is more important as an endgame rather than a permanent status quo.
>>
>>87135788

And Steve can always live an immortal life in Themyscira or gain immortality as a blessing from the gods.
>>
>>87135812

Fucking Regime faggot. The day of the rope is coming, pal.

>>87135819

I'm not talking about SM/Lois, though, and Geoff Johns wasn't the only one to explore the SM/WW relationship that way. Pretty much every writer that ever did something with the pairing does that shit. They show Wonder Woman as someone that want to change the world in fundamental ways and see Superman as the answer.
>>
Why cant there be a story where Supes and Wondy spend their married lives teaching their super children how to be superheroes, just like that one dream in Injustice

Jon is cool and all but we never get to see Lois acting like an actual mother
>>
>>87135861

>just like that one dream in Injustice

Wasn't Superman with Lois and Wonder Woman with Bruce in that dream?
>>
>>87135788
hmmm, You make a good argument.

See I kinda like option 2 that you laid out because the idea of immortal gods ultimately being as desperate and lonely as normal humans makes for interesting storytelling. and if I'm being honest I don't think many writers have played with this specific idea all too well. they kinda touch on it but only for a page at the end of the story. But this all goes back to that Brian K vaughn idea that there aren't any real happy endings, only happy pauses.

Superman and Wonderwoman hooking up and marrying out of desperation has a ton of potential. What happens if they are faced with bringing an immortal child into this existential hell? what happens when they just become tired of each other? what if Supes or Wondie found someone new, someone they could truly love? how does that all play out. What if clark had the opportunity to bring lois back? how does diana react to the impending void? or maybe she goes all carol from the walking dead and tries to instigate a threesome?

I agree with you it doesn't work, but that is kind of why I like it. Because while they were in their infancy living semi normal lives they were able to be gods, and as time marches on they physically don't wither but the ideals they represented do. I can't imagine superman cheating on anyone, but after 1000 years with a woman he doesn't really love?

I also agree that it is kind of messed up no-one ever talks about the 50 or so other immortals in DC. But I guess no-one wants to talk about Wondie shacking up with plastic man or superman kissing etrigan.

I guess it's just because they are part of the trinity and technically "friends" even though those two never really get those moments without bruce hanging around.
>>
They should bring back Lori Lemaris. She's the only only one remaining of Superman's sweethearts who hasn't been spoiled by some writer writing her a bitchy feminist.
>>
>>87135650
>injustice WW
>>
>>87135405

Because storytelling draws its strengths from comparison and contrast, and the similarities and differences between Clark and Diana are either boring or disparaging of the two characters.

Overall they're rather similar. They're two demigods, in effect if not actually in fact, who are vastly more powerful than the mortals around them. This is a boring mirror to look at, and especially in Clark's case you're left wondering is this the sort of person that he would be drawn to, a man who tries so hard to ground himself goes running off to... the daughter of Zeus?

Their differences are more nuanced and when explored serve to lessen each other. Clark wants to be human, Diana sees herself as fundamentally above the masses. Clark is very much of the world, Diana is aloof. Diana is a vastly trained warrior which highlights how much Clark gets by on sheer overwhelming power than skill and training. These are not flattering comparisions for either character but by putting them in front of each other as a mirror you're forced to look at the differences.

Both of these characters *need* a mundane human partner as their mirror. For different reasons for each, but pairing them up with a regular human is much more interesting and hugely more flattering.

Its so bad I was shocked to see it make it into the actual comic, it was a complete lack of due diligence on the part of the writers and editors that approved it.
>>
>>87135884

I get what you're talking about now.

I think i'm just a bit bitter about the idea because most of the times they've done it they focused only on how Superman was still hung up on Lois completely forgetting that Wonder Woman had Steve once or could had someone else in her life other than Superman, so you've her living her entire life as a crazy stalker obsessed about Superman who's perpetually in the shadow of Lois Lane.

But if we go with your idea where it's 50/50 i can see a few good, but fucked up stories coming out of it.
>>
>>87135405
Some people are meant to have Super relationships. Barda/Mr. Miracle, for example. Green Arrow and Black Canary work similarly, as did Montoya Question/Batwoman and Guy Gardner/Ice. On the other hand, a lot of characters are at their best when they're doing the mundane thing in their personal lives. The recent issue of Rebirth Superman with them at the farm is one of my favorite issues of Superman ever, and I've been reading them for a long time - I don't think I've ever actually felt the character to be genuinely happier.
>>
>>87135928

DC does it because of the merchandising potential. Warner Brothers sell a lot of merch for couples based on them as a "power couple". I mean, which girl doesn't want to see herself as a wonder woman while dating her super guy?

So they try to make it work in the comics with varying degrees of failure and most of them steering from the fact that they decide to play the "power" angle of the couple. I mean, if perhaps they explored the whole peasant x princess angle an anon mentioned above while leaving their awesome powers and/or immortality in the background maybe it could lend to some nice romantic stories.

But alas, all we get is the "i'm awesome, you're awesome, let's go be an awesome couple and make the world awesome together".
>>
>>87135930
thanks, I got to agree with you it seems kinda messed up that Diana is always Head over heels for clark in all these stories. If anything I kind of expect her to be the first to cheat on clark.

Like not even that far into it like 200 years max I could see her shacking up with orion. plus clark won't be unstable at that point but that would emotionally mess with him enough to get in a fist fight with orion. Thats an interesting story right there.

On another note, it's kind of good that johns had them try dating only to break up, in the sense that it already sets up that "yeah they have some chemistry, but it's not true love."

You can have writers bring it back in a weird will they won't they type deal but it's always apparent that the while they don't personally have expiration dates their relationship always will.

now i'm kinda jonesing for an else worlds mini.
>>
>>87135991
sorry, carnival*, not farm.
>>
>>87135405
Lois and Bruce*
>>
>>87136007

They should bring the Elseworlds line back.

Most of the Elseworlds at the time that explored the pairing based themselves on the pre-Nu52 continuity where Wonder Woman was an eternal virgin, since George Perez decided to have Steve Trevor as an old dude that was married off to Etta, so the only real prospect at the time for Wonder Woman was Superman and even with him dating or married with Lois they had her still pining for him in some odd issues here and there of the main comics. So when it came to the Elseworlds they'd take from there and do their relationship with Lois finally biting the bullet and Wonder Woman jumping on Superman's bones.

So now that we've Steve Trevor back as a romantic interest, Orion as a prospect thanks to Brian Azzarello, this huge media sensation about her being a "queer" and even the DCAU cartoons influence with Batman as a prospect which wasn't present at the time when the Elseworlds were popular you can have tons of possibilities even when exploring the SM/WW pairing.
>>
>>87136058
Wonderbat is almost as bad a pairing as Superman and Wonder Woman desu
>>
>>87136058

I think Bruce and Lois would be equally as shit for the same reasons that Superman and Wonder Woman are. They're two much alike.

Bruce and Lois are two single-minded, stubborn and reckless workaholics that thrive on being cynical and snarky. They'd just drive each other mad and run away.
>>
>>87136079

The thing Batman/Wonder Woman have on their side is their enormous differences which can give their interactions contrast. The characters can also stand independent from one another, whereas with SM/WW you always have Wonder Woman doing nothing but serve Superman, or, in some cases have acting as a major so you can elevate Superman's character by having him tech her how to be a better person.
>>
Steve is fantastic for three reasons.

1. He's fucking hot.
2. He doesn't take shit
3. He's good at being a damsel in distress

Also, he's hot.
>>
>>87135405
People who want to see the same thing forever.. and don´t accept the new.. The reason of rebirth.
>>
>>87136134

Eh...

I'd say it's less about him being hot and more about Steve being a human male soldier who has seen the worse humanity can offer and be which made him about jaded and cynical. This characteristic gives a nice contrast when paired with Wonder Woman, who's this naive and optimistic goddess that grew up in an utopia and is trying to learn about Men's World. Through their interactions Steve can learn that there are still wonders in the world and that we can all learn to be better and Wonder Woman can learn how complex and contradictory Men's World is and how there's still hope for us and her amazon sisters as well, because her little utopia isn't so perfect after all, shit is 50/50.
>>
>>87136079
Nah, it's way worse.
>>
>>87136173

Dude, Superman/Wonder Woman isn't fucking new. Shit is predictable and played out.
>>
>>87136182
Adam Hughes also put it a good way in that both have the ability to see past their current stations or environment in life, which helps them connect to each other.
>>
>>87136195

Explain.
>>
>>87136058
Bruce and Steve*
>>
>>87136204

Yep. The best, though, for me, is that Wonder Woman when she begins they portray her mostly as seeing herself above humanity and thinking that her people's way is the only way and that she as the amazon's champion have the manifest destiny to change Men's World the way she sees fit.

This, when she's paired with Superman, always lead to Injustice type of shit because she sees Superman as the perfect vehicle to bring about these changes into the world. Their powers and fame if aligned can be unstoppable in her mind.

But when she's paired with Steve she learns that she can't go about changing Men's World nilly willy because the world is far more complex than she thinks. So through him she gets to learn how the world truly is in all its complications and nuances. She becomes wiser and realistic.
>>
>>87136247

I approve. It's basically Bruce + Hal, which i also approve.
>>
>>87136247
This guys knows whats up
>>
>>87135870
Well yes but I was talking about the part where superman was teaching his daughter.

Just make one like the Incredibles movie
>>
>>87135405
Somehow it feels like the company have decided the ending for SMWW. Either Injustice End or SM can't forget Lois

The problem with SMWW is the introduction and why. It takes a long time and time is not allowed unlike with Lois who every one already knew.
>>
>>87136195
this
>>
>>87135848
Fortunately it's usually just in Elseworlds. But still Wonder Woman being someone who wants to rule the world? Talking about how they should kill their enemies? She's supposed to be the most compassionate and diplomatic of the Trinity, jesus christ.

At least Johns finally figured that out as of Darkseid War, meanwhile Miller writes her as a goddamn villain.

And the sad part is her bad characterization is so common it might supplant her correct one entirely. People are gonna say I'm dicksucking Rucka but he seems to be the only one who still knows how to write her.

Being a Wondiefag is absolute suffering.
>>
>>87136849

Explain.

In the cartoons for example you had Batman and Wonder Woman caring for each other, with Batman not wanting to pursue the relationship for their own mutual good. Sure, it sucked constantly seeing Wonder Woman build up hope for the two whenever Batman's self-control crumbled and he did something drastic for her sake, only for later Batman to turn her down yet again, but...

... that is still better than some representations of Superman/Wonder Woman where Superman's with Lois while Wonder Woman keeps on eternally pining for a married man and suffering in silence or where Superman is with Wonder Woman while still being in love with a long dead Lois.
>>
>>87135904
Lois was a bitchy feminist since Action Comics #1 you insufferable faggot.
>>
>>87137005

Well, even good Wonder Woman's writers, like George Perez, would go that route when exploring the potential of Superman/Wonder Woman pairing. Perez had Wonder Woman being attracted with Superman because he was very like an Olympian god in her opinion and after their first date she was disappointed in him because instead of wanting to use his powers to change the world he instead wanted to safe-guard and enforce men's rules and traditions.

Then you had Eric Luke, who in his Wonder Woman run had Wonder Woman subconsciously fantasizing deeply about a scenario where she and Superman were married and they together had turned the world into a utopia ruling it side-by-side like royalties, with Batman being there somewhere completing their trinity as their adviser and making them whole emotionally.

This is interpretation is so consistent that it has become the norm. Even when they aren't shown as a couple you still have Wonder Woman addressing Superman as "Kal" and feeling disturbed whenever he's weak or hurt.
>>
>>87137150
I don't remember that Perez thing. What the fuck. Wonder Woman doesn't like the male gods because all they've done is fuck her over. To be fair Wonder Woman DOES have an interest in changing the world, but through teaching and understanding, not domination. Luke is one of the runs I still haven't read so I can't speak for that.

Where did this all go so wrong? Am I out of touch?

No, it's the fans who are wrong!
>>
>>87137005
>And the sad part is her bad characterization is so common it might supplant her correct one entirely.
I've been thinking this too, recently. Apparently, people seem to prefer Diana as a violent asshole for whatever reason. It's such a common perception of the character, and I really don't understand why. At some point, being nice became an undesirable trait in heroes.
>>
>>87137150
So SMWW is a shallow pairing of idealisims on WW's part. Who wants to use Superman as tool to enforce her ways instead of finding a compromise.
And then dont forget the stories where shes a shadow and instantly follows him or sets down her own ideals to prep him up. Hes still gets to be a man and super but shes loses the wonder.
>>
>>87136182
Or, maybe he's just hot
>>
>>87137435

There was a story-time recently where an anon posted the pre-Nu52 romantic moments between Superman and Wonder Woman. Here are the Perez bits:

>>87125851
>>87126970
>>87127001
>>87127809
>>87128527

You can see how she constantly compares him to a god.
>>
>>87137470

>It's such a common perception of the character, and I really don't understand why.

People see Superman and Batman as too moral and uptight, so in their attempts to make Wonder Woman standout and act as a foil for the two they read the "amazon warrior" thing and run with it by making her an extreme version of the Superman and Batman. So she becomes more powerful and arrogant than Superman, more violent and cuntish than Batman, and, of course, willing to kill whereas Superman and Batman aren't.
>>
File: the Wonder Dome3.jpg (1MB, 1985x3051px) Image search: [Google]
the Wonder Dome3.jpg
1MB, 1985x3051px
>>87137435
>Luke is one of the runs I still haven't read so I can't speak for that.
It's okay. The character work is pretty solid, but it suffers from a fairly weak storyline, and doesn't use the ideas it introduces all that well.

It also prominently features Wonder Dome, a shapeshifting alien entity that serves as Diana's invisible jet. Because comic books. So it has that for the plus column.
>>
>>87136314
What about Hal and Steve?
>>
>>87137851

Yes, it is Wonder Dome that traps Wonder Woman in a dream world made up by her own deep–seated desires where she's married to Superman and they together turn the world into an utopia. This all started because Wonder Woman was feeling self-conscious and insecure about her role as the amazons' champion since she had spend years in Men's World and still hand't changed it in significant ways, so she believed that maybe if she had Superman by her side as her man she would be able to finally change the world with his help.
>>
>>87137815
>Batman
>too moral and uptight
They do realize that's fucking insane, right?

In any case, I always liked that Diana is willing to kill, but what pisses me off is that people tend to completely miss the nuance of it. She's a warrior yes, but also a diplomat. When written properly, she'll always try to settle a problem peacefully, and if it that's not possible, then there's a fight. And if it really comes down to the wire, if it comes down to saving innocent lives at the cost of the one that threatens them? That's when pragmatism takes over.

It's the fucking neck meme shit. Everyone saw the Max Lord thing, and somehow missed the fact that he was going to mind control Superman into killing every meta on the planet. There was no other option. She doesn't enjoy killing, but damn sure she'll do it if that's what's absolutely necessary. But nah, we gotta make her into a Xena knockoff, because fuck moral complexity.
>>
Basically it boils down to shipperfags not enjoying it because she's with Superman instead of Batman. Honestly shippers are the worst and should be ignored whenever possible.

Clark X Diana > Bruce X Diana

Get mad, stay mad.
>>
>>87135464
Why is that a bad thing? Memes aside, like attracts like, and being with someone who can relate to the daily struggles you face with powers can be - very attractive prospect.
>>
>>87135405
They do work just no one with actual talent and enthusiasm has tried.
>>
>>87138166

Have you even read the goddamn thread? People have hardly mentioned Batman here. Fuck, you had more here people pairing Batman with Lois, Steve or Hal than with Wonder Woman.

You know what. Fine. Recommend us a good Superman/Wonder Woman story.
>>
>>87138196

Because it makes for boring stories. Even when they're being just good friends all their interactions boil down to them comforting each other and telling each other how great they're.
>>
>>87135529
Exactly this. Which is why everytime it happens it ends up in a "Superman and WW are going to rule the world" story or close to it
>>
>>87138166
>shipperfags are the worst
>but my ship is the best stay mad haters
>>
>>87138448
This so much and you wanba know why it always ends up like this because its always catering to Superman.
WW cant do it on her own so she needs someone better and stronger to her and its always Superman.
No one listens to Diana but theyll listen to Kal.
Its not an equal partnership
>>
>>87135405
IMHO, they're to similiar, see >>87135529

While this is not bad per se, I think there's just not enough drama for the writers to mine and write it in a actual compelling way.
>>
>>87137975

Here are the pages from Eric Luke's run.
>>
>>87135904
If they bring her back, she'll be spoiled. Do you really want that?
>>
>>
>>
See how they always explore Superman and Wonder Woman loneliness for being so different from everybody else.
>>
Or them working together to turn the world into an utopia. Remember, this is a dream world created by Wonder Woman's subconscious. That's her deep desire.
>>
>>87135650
>All this make me want is for Batman to hurry the fuck up with his plans of how to take the JL down so that he can put a leash on their asses.
Can't wait for Batfags to expire
>>
This weirdly feels like an OT3. Wonder Woman talks more about Batman than about the love of her life.
>>
>>87138766
>We are everywhere together fight to save mankind
>mankind
Wondie would never say this.
>>
>>
File: 20161020_182945.jpg (514KB, 767x877px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_182945.jpg
514KB, 767x877px
>>87135464
>Because it's shallow as hell, and only done essentially because of power levels crap.
Is it also shallow when two normal humans hook up, anon?
>>
Poor Wonder Woman. She'll always be a distant second best when compared to Lois.
>>
That's it.
>>
>>87138853
Poor Steve, he gets killed off every single time
>>
>>87138852

>Is it also shallow when two normal humans hook up, anon?

If it is a space frontier type of story filled with hot humanoid aliens and the human couple are supposed to be together only because they're humans and thus perfect for each, then yes, it is shallow, because the only reason we're being given is the fact that the characters share the same physical traits.

So i'd rather the human male be with the cute green alien cutie and the human female be with the mild mannered robot.
>>
>>87138767

Hey, man. I said i'd side with Lex Luthor too. Be fair.
>>
File: Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_88.jpg (141KB, 663x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_88.jpg
141KB, 663x1014px
>>87138979
>So i'd rather the human male be with the cute green alien cutie and the human female be with the mild mannered robot.
We can't help who we love, anon. No matter what your specific preferences are. Also
>human/robot relations
You sick fuck.
>>
>>87139042

>We can't help who we love, anon.

B-but Superman loves Lois.
>>
>>87137592
Jesus christ!
>>
>>87135405
Am gonna tell you why ??

because it's stupidly Boring and shallow .
like "oh daiana", "oh clark" !!they are trifle romance couple !
>>
Charles Soule kicked ass with Superman/Wonder Woman. It humanized them both. Diana remained strong and very much independent and was never undermined by Superman. They make for a waay better couple that damsel in distress annoying Lois. All Lois can do is get herself in trouble and Superman gets to save her. Batman v Superman is a prime example. Every time the guy tried to do something he dropped everything for that screaming annoyance. They say she needs to ground him? She makes him act like he has no brains. And don't get me started on the he will turn evil crap. Superman/Lois also is based on lies. First he hid his ID, and then she ignore Clark for Superman. Now it's sleep with Clark who is Superman while pretending she is some ethical journalist. Since when can she even represent truth as reporter? Superman and Wonder Woman are both kind , compassionate people. For the people with the lame excuses it is strength that Clark and Diana are paired?
You contradict yourselves. Are you saying Mera/ Arthur don't work? Mr and Mrs Fantastic don't work? Scott/ Jean or Emma don't work? Batman/Catwoman don't work? Mr Miracle and Big Barda don't work? They do. Their meta strength or similar skill sets never stopped them from working.

Some fans are hypocrites because they just haters for no good reason. Since when they need miss plot device Lois and boring Steve to teach them to care? Steve Trevor has been around for 75 years and they still can't make him relevant.
>>
File: 15.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
she's a worrier ,she need some one think like her
>>
>>87138632
>>87138670
>>87138702
>>87138735
>>87138766
>>87138796
>>87138831
>>87138853
>>87138892

Here's an epilogue that also picks-ups some left-overs from a cross-over in the Superman's monthly books where Superman was manipulated by a cosmic being called Dominus into ruling the world with an iron grip with the help of an army of Superman robots.

This epilogue was also written by Eric Luke.
>>
>>
some one who will stop her when she goes wrong
>>
Man, Wonder Woman has some issues to work out.
>>
There you go. Wonder Woman didn't caught that Superman was acting weird because deep down she always wanted for him ruled the world (at her side). This writer wrote her main comic during the 90's.
>>
Before this epilogue the whole "dream world created by the Wonder Dome" plot had been left alone and had even been given an out by suggesting that the dream world was created by a villain's influence and not Wonder Woman's subconscious, but Luke had to drag this shit out again.
>>
>>
Here's Wonder Woman hoping that Superman will see them both together...
>>
File: RCO007.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO007.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
... and here's Wonder Woman being BTFO yet again.
>>
File: RCO016.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO016.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
some one who respect her as she is and fight as she want
>>
Poor Wonder Woman. This is just sad.
>>
After this we had the "For a Thousand Years" arc, written by Joe Kelly, where Superman and Wonder Woman are trapped for a thousand years in the Valhalla pocket dimension from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic fighting in the never-ending Ragnarok cycle, and once again Superman reject Wonder Woman's advances stating that even after a thousand years with no hope of reaching home or knowing if his wife is even still alive he can't betray his heart which will forever belong to Lois.

This is all, of course, to show that Superman is the greatest husband ever.

That's the thing about the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing. She's constantly thrown under the bus to elevate his character.
>>
not some one who think of her as a rebound after his girlfriend/wife dies
>>
File: 1389129657410.jpg (62KB, 480x586px) Image search: [Google]
1389129657410.jpg
62KB, 480x586px
So why must Clark hook up with Lois, and Diana with Steve? Not asking for Clark and Diana to hook up, but Earth does have billions of others to date/love. For example, have Clark date a woman that is a astronaut or a marine-biologist?
>>
>>87140149
Lois and Steve are already there and they work.

No need to reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>87140177
Which is funny since they've sidelined Steve for decades and nothing in between has ever really worked.
>>
>>87135405
Her initials aren't L.L
>>
>>87140149
Because, in the wise words of the late Mark Greunwald, "Why create something new that duplicates what already exists? Just use what exists better.". The characters already have designated love interests, so it's best to just work with that.
>>
>>87139698

>Charles Soule kicked ass with Superman/Wonder Woman.

Are you fucking with me?

>It humanized them both.

You had Wonder Woman complaining with her friend that she hated how Superman wanted to live a double life because she was raised to be proud of who she is, with her friend advising her to show Superman how there's a better way to live his life. She was still your "We're so above the rest, Kal" bitch.

>Diana remained strong and very much independent and was never undermined by Superman.

The first arc had the Olympian gods meddling in their relationship for some stupid reason that made no sense and Superman bitch-slapping Apollo, who at the time was a big baddie in Wonder Woman's book, and then all the other arcs was all about Superman's villains wrecking Wonder Woman shit and Superman having to save her.

>Superman and Wonder Woman are both kind , compassionate people.

We hardly see Wonder Woman compassion when she's paired with Superman. Pic related.

>You contradict yourselves. Are you saying Mera/ Arthur don't work? Mr and Mrs Fantastic don't work? Scott/ Jean or Emma don't work? Batman/Catwoman don't work? Mr Miracle and Big Barda don't work? They do. Their meta strength or similar skill sets never stopped them from working.

Aquaman/Mera don't have the same powers or personality, Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman don't have the same powers or personality, Cyclops/Jean-Emma don't have the same powers or personality, Batman/Catwoman don't share the same skills or personality, Mister Miracle/Big Barda don't share the same skills or personalities.
>>
File: 1381683681561.jpg (50KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1381683681561.jpg
50KB, 500x479px
>>87138375
Comics aside; I thought that is what people look for in a relationship? So you go out of your way to date non compatible women?
>>
>>87140269
You know now that I think about it, that's probably the reason Lex Luthor wants to kill Superman so much. He found out somehow that Superman is only attracted to people with his initials, and he wants to nip it in the bud before Superman decides Lex' bud could use a little nipping.
>>
>>87140149

Fuck, man. I'd rather have Superman and Pre-Nu52 Maxima, who was this alien meta with awesome powers that ruled an intergalactic empire and wanted Superman's babies, than Superman/Wonder Woman. At least Superman and Maxima had a nice interaction and lots of conflict to explore.

Even Darkseid/Wonder Woman is more compelling.

Actually, i think i just want to see hero/villain pairings and am looking for bullshit excuses, but hey, i'm being honest, right?
>>
>>87187140360
Being the same isnt whats makes you compatible.
>>
>>87140177
The wheel? Where we are going we don't need wheels anon. Both Lois and Diana are played out. Let it go.
>>
>>87140360

>Comics aside; I thought that is what people look for in a relationship? So you go out of your way to date non compatible women?

Man, from experience i can tell you that relationships like that never last.

Sure, is nice being with a girl that like the same shit that you do and think somewhat the same as you, but eventually the relationship gets staled as fuck because of this. You end up telling her all your life, she tells you all her life, you're always doing the same shit and eventually you find out there's nothing else to say to her. She knows you, she thinks like you, she knows all the shit you do because she's with you and also do all that shit. So there's nothing more to it. You just go through the motions with the guy. End up hardly speaking with her despite being constantly together.
>>
>>87140475

Yes, Diana is played the fuck out. Specially because the writers always do the Gods Among Us bullshit.

Superman needs to date someone like Batman. Superman and Batman never went stale despite years of publication. Get me a nice grumpy tough girl who's into leather and let's knock this shit out. It'll be the best romance Superman ever had. It'll probably feature in the next movie because of how popular it ends up being.
>>
>>87140360
First of all real life and fiction are different. In Fiction you need problems and dram to get the story going. Most people don't like gratuitous violence happening to our fellow man but we want it in our fiction. While I disagree that couple must be non compatible to create drama and they're many couples in fiction who do genuinely love each other and still go through everyday entertaining ordeals, it is one way to create tension.

Secondly, people are weird. While some people would like to date people just like them, humans do not enjoy complacency. People want to have the good life but at the same time we need to struggle to distract ourselves and give something for us to do. Mid-life crisis or just good old existential crisis happen all the time because of this, because as weird as it is having it to good isn't what we want.
>>
>>87140514
I dated a girl some years back, who was nothing like me. Sure the sex was good, but we would keep bumping heads over the smallest of shit. Not everything was gloom and doom mind you, but it was taxing to say the least.
>>
>>87140623

M-maybe we should date each other, anon.
>>
I feel like it CAN work, but shit like >>87135560 is the reason why it doesn't. It baffles me, because if they'd actually focused on their personalities it would be perfect. They're very compatible with each other, but DC refuses to see either of them as people.
>>
>>87135405
because it make wonder woman look helpless and weak .... need a superman comics
>>
Hey, I really like animated super hero shows but could never really get into the comics. I really like Batman and wanted to know what a good place to start would be. I read Detective Gordon Year One (hey, it might as well have been called that) and what to know of any other Batman stories I might enjoy
>>
>>87143891
>Hey, I really like animated super hero shows but could never really get into the comics.
Nobody fucking cares. Go ask someone on /o/ or something.
>>
>>87143891
Why didn't you just start another thread? What place do Batman recommendations have in a Superman/Wonder Woman thread?
>>
The problem is that for Wonder Woman this pairing is awful.

Her and Steve Trevor can be cute or charming.
Her and Batman were romantic and funny in the cartoons, and they're hot and fun in the comics.
Her and Aquaman was tense and interesting.
Her and Orion was funny and sweet.

I actually think that Wonder Woman would work with any character other than Superman, because when they do her and Superman together she's always thrown into the bus. She end up being a shallow and vapid cunt bent on world domination or a shallow and vapid cunt who blindly follow her master.

I bet Jimmy Olsen and Wonder Woman would work too.
>>
>>87144306
>I bet Jimmy Olsen and Wonder Woman would work too.

Probably be similarly to Steve, but with added goofiness.
>>
>>87144306
>>87144340

I always wanted to see Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>87135529
>>they're the most important DC heroes
They're both Batman?
>>
>>87144787

Batman is like Coke, man. He doesn't have to do shit. He knows he's the boss so is content just being. Superman and Wonder Woman, though, they're always trying to do something radical and new.
>>
File: never again.png (565KB, 844x446px) Image search: [Google]
never again.png
565KB, 844x446px
>>87136096
Mah nigga

>>87136058
It has more ground to stand on that Diana and Clark
>>
>>87135405
Because Superman's relationship with Wonder Woman always felt professional and making it romantic always feels like a bad fanfic with the logic of "Well, he is strong and can fly, she is strong and can fly. They have so much in common!"

Superman and Lois' relationship is more interesting. Lois has always been the more dominant one in their relationship with Superman being more submissive. That alone makes it fucking hilarious to watch the most powerful man in the world being the bottom-bitch of the worlds most kidnapped woman.

As for WW and Steve, well, she is a goddess that needs a mortal to feel like a woman. There's symbolism out the wazoo with her. Although, I have always preferred her being romantically involved with Batman.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.